3 25.00%
  • 3/5

1 8.33%
  • 4/5

1 8.33%
  • 5/5

2 16.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This is annoying though.. I don't mind the Eishi's vs Kuga to be settled like this. Kuga's development isn't really useless since Eishi is just simply still too far for him currently.
    But Megishima vs Rindou comparison is something to look forward too.
    Saitou vs Mimasaka is obviously another thing which the author seems to waste things on to create the fake tension since the rebel will obviously win by the rules of shounen.

The author didn't even give any reason how and why they lose

Would actually like the Eishi's scene much more if Megishima and Mimasaka win, and yet the scene is used to hype Eishi's skills to be considerably above any other people there. Which will make the contrast of teamwork (with Megishima, Mimasaka, Isshiki and the first year rebels) vs absolute solo skill (Eishi)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuan Lao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3-0 is not a close match lmao
    it can still be a close match since the point depend on each judge opinion. the food just need to be slightly better than the other

For example Takumi vs Mimasaka is close, with Mimasaka's improvement place his food slightly superior to Takumi's and yet all judge agree on this opinion and thus it goes 3-0.

Conflicting opinion between the judges is a very rare thing in this manga.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This is annoying though.. I don't mind the Eishi's vs Kuga to be settled like this. Kuga's development isn't really useless since Eishi is just simply still too far for him currently.
    But Megishima vs Rindou comparison is something to look forward too.
    Saitou vs Mimasaka is obviously another thing which the author seems to waste things on to create the fake tension since the rebel will obviously win by the rules of shounen.

The author didn't even give any reason how and why they lose

Would actually like the Eishi's scene much more if Megishima and Mimasaka win, and yet the scene is used to hype Eishi's skills to be considerably above any other people there. Which will make the contrast of teamwork (with Megishima, Mimasaka, Isshiki and the first year rebels) vs absolute solo skill (Eishi)

it can still be a close match since the point depend on each judge opinion. the food just need to be slightly better than the other

For example Takumi vs Mimasaka is close, with Mimasaka's improvement place his food slightly superior to Takumi's and yet all judge agree on this opinion and thus it goes 3-0.

Conflicting opinion between the judges is a very rare thing in this manga.
    That very rare thing is what you'd consider a close match.

A 2-1 is what I call a close match which one of the judge disagrees with the other two because he likes this dish better.

The Four Emperors

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    what chapter did you read?

we only saw that Anne's reaction was different indicating that Eishi's was better but didn't receive an indepth comparison on why Kuga lost to that dish, imo, it looked like a stomp from the offpaneling/unanimous decision which doesn't help his case
    I don't consider it a bad thing that he loss decisively. I would not be surprised if Kuga was around 5th seat level. Problem is Eishi would crush anyone not named Rindo and Megishima and maybe Momo in her specialty.

Kuga definitely closed the gap a bit but Eishi also likely improved a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    I don't consider it a bad thing that he loss decisively. I would not be surprised if Kuga was around 5th seat level. Problem is Eishi would crush anyone not named Rindo and Megishima and maybe Momo in her specialty.

Kuga definitely closed the gap a bit but Eishi also likely improved a lot too.
    well, my problem with it is not that he lost because I totally expected that, but not showing how/why he lost is what bugs me because it can either mean he pushed Eishi somewhat or Eishi shat on him, with offpaneling and Eishi being smug indicating the latter.

The tasting showed he can adapt and improve his cooking, but without comparison to Eishi's caliber, it's kinda useless imo.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

3-0 is not a close match lmao
    Kurokiba vs Rentaro was 3-0 and that match had one of the judges crying that it was impossible to choose a winner between the two. 3-0 doesn't say anything about how close the results where, all three of the judges could have been pulling their hair out deciding a victor with all of them before barely leaning towards Rindou. We'll never know though because the hack author didn't have the decency to actually show us what happened because he couldn't logically write a way for Rindou or Saito's dishes to have overcome the rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Genbu View Post
    Rindou somehow managed to beat him at his own game so one-sidedly, how again?
    He didn't get beat at his own game, it was a neutral theme. Megishima used his specialty of Ramen and Rindou used her specialty of exotic animals.

I guess it depends on how you defend the difficulty and how 'close' the match is, which in my opinion, is extreme-diff.

A close match of 2-1 is my standard.

3-0 is more like high-diff with your specific scenario.

The Four Emperors

I guess it depends on how you defend the difficulty and how 'close' the match is, which in my opinion, is extreme-diff.

A close match of 2-1 is my standard.

3-0 is more like high-diff with your specific scenario.
    Eh tbh the diffuclty depends more on the context, can't just look at a score and tell what difficulty the match was.

- - - Updated - - -

Well in general.

Fuck this. Fuck everything. It was worse than the spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    don't be lazy, share the salt
    The only thing that would explain all of this is if the rebels meals were as salty as I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    The only thing that would explain all of this is if the rebels meals were as salty as I am now.