Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Ned Stark is barely competent. Don't use him as example.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't know how agile or fleet footed dayne is, so you cant say that

- - - Updated - - -

It was for Selmy against Khraz, it was for Jorah against Qotho. In both instances the superior fighter ended up dead because they were not adequately protected and their opponent was.
    Wait what? Are you suggesting that Khrazz is superior to Selmy? I am not even sure Qotho is superior to Jorah, maybe slightly but not by much. Qotho loss since he has no experience dealing with armor and his weapon sucked against armor.

Not even remotely comparable to Dayne vs the Mountain. Dayne has loads of experience dealing with heavy armor and its a non factor with his Dawn sword which can cut through armor like butter. And to begin with Dayne is a lot better than Mountain. He is at least a tier better.

Mountain gets really overrated around here for a guy who was losing to a guy who is well below a Dayne. Even Bronn believes he has a chance against the Mountain and he is a scrub compared to Dayne.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Wait what? Are you suggesting that Khrazz is superior to Selmy? I am not even sure Qotho is superior to Jorah, maybe slightly but not by much. Qotho loss since he has no experience dealing with armor and his weapon sucked against armor.

Not even remotely comparable to Dayne vs the Mountain. Dayne has loads of experience dealing with heavy armor and its a non factor with his Dawn sword which can cut through armor like butter. And to begin with Dayne is a lot better than Mountain. He is at least a tier better.

Mountain gets really overrated around here for a guy who was losing to a guy who is well below a Dayne. Even Bronn believes he has a chance against the Mountain and he is a scrub compared to Dayne.
    Old selmy, yes. He landed multiple blows that would have been fatal had selmy not been wearing armour, and both fighters acknowledged that. Likewise with qotho, he was outclassing jorah in speed easily, and only lost in the end because arakhs aren't able to get through armor.

Where has it been said that dawn would be able to get through armour easily? This isn't a shonen manga. Matchups are important and gregors physiology makes him near invincible in single combat against sword wielding opponents

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

Old selmy, yes. He landed multiple blows that would have been fatal had selmy not been wearing armour, and both fighters acknowledged that. Likewise with qotho, he was outclassing jorah in speed easily, and only lost in the end because arakhs aren't able to get through armor.

Where has it been said that dawn would be able to get through armour easily? This isn't a shonen manga. Matchups are important and gregors physiology makes him near invincible in single combat against sword wielding opponents
    Dayne was able to break Smiling Knight's sword with Dawn though I am not sure how that compares to armor durability wise.

Also Dawn easily pierced through Jaime's armor and made him bleed (think he was using chainmail) when he was knighted. Dayne wasn't even applying force.
    Last edited by felixng2015; 08-10-2017 at 01:54 AM.

I think anyone fighting the Mountain is probably going to have a not fun time, but Arthur Dayne is at the top of the mountain in regards to fighting prowess. I think Mountain vs Oberyn is a fair comparison without the blatant arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Dayne was able to break Smiling Knight's sword with Dawn though I am not sure how that compares to armor durability wise.

Also Dawn easily pierced through Jaime's armor and made him bleed (think he was using chainmail) when he was knighted. Dayne wasn't even applying force.
    Pretty sure that was after an extended fight, but still good points. Arthur might have a half decent chance of getting through gregors armor, but it will still be a risky task and hes got a lot of work ahead of him if he wants to win
    Last edited by ReXDrake; 08-10-2017 at 06:35 AM.

where are you getting him being able to handle 4 people at the same time?
    He did so in the flashback in season 6. Also one of those four was Prime Ned Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalIce View Post
    He did so in the flashback in season 6. Also one of those four was Prime Ned Stark.
    Ive only been talking about ASOIAF dayne. I despise the show so I don't take anything that happens in it seriously

Jaime was trained to fight against 5 people at once so Dayne should be able to do so as well without a huge problem.

Arthur low to mid

Mid-diff-even-with-armor-on-he-can-out-maneuver-the-mountain-pretty-easily-IMO-and-it's-just-a-matter-of-time-untill-he-hits-vital-spots

Definitely Dayne. He was a beast and definitely in the top 5 in the history of Westeros.

There are multiple points in armor that Dayne would be able to take advantage of.
    No.​

Dayne wins for sure, he's one of the best ever, while Gregor is somewhere between Jaime and Brienne, which while respectable is quite a bit lower. Easy win for the Sword of the Morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Dayne wins for sure, he's one of the best ever, while Gregor is somewhere between Jaime and Brienne, which while respectable is quite a bit lower. Easy win for the Sword of the Morning.
    How long do you think the fight would last?
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    How long do you think the fight would last?
    Not that long, shorter than Oberyn's for sure. Dayne is not limited to striking weakly armored joints and waiting for the poison to start taking effect, he has Dawn so even blows against other parts of armor will have an effect.

He pretty easily beats the Mountain.

I really wanna see The Mountain get wrecked.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I really wanna see The Mountain get wrecked.
    I feel anything at this point will be somewhat bittersweet since he is basically a zombie. No one is truly going to wreck him because he's not even the Mountain anymore, not truly.

No way the mountain get's "wrecked" or low-diffed.

The mountain isn't such a slow ass no brain giant just relying on his brute force as he is shown in the series. The books described him as pretty fast and skilled for his size. The shows made him all-most look like a noob against Oberyn. Oberyn did play with him, but it wasn't a low diff fight IMO.

Arthur Dayn would win Mid-Diff.
    Last edited by Mr.Mort; 11-10-2017 at 08:02 PM.