View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    1 4.35%
  • 2/5

    0 0%
  • 3/5

    2 8.70%
  • 4/5

    6 26.09%
  • 5/5

    14 60.87%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 136
  1. #41
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,458
    also

    is anyone wondering what is riboku cooking, in the middle of all this

    i mean he has still the centre untouched, while ousen had to send all his commanders to the left by now.


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    also

    is anyone wondering what is riboku cooking, in the middle of all this

    i mean he has still the centre untouched, while ousen had to send all his commanders to the left by now.
    ...'Futei, bring me the head of Ousen'






  3. #43
    Ousen is clearly luring Riboku to the left or intentionally trying to make the centre appear weak for a trap. Mouten and Makou are clearly holding the advantage and Kisui's barely hanging on to life, adding Shin to the mix seems unnecessary unless its part of a greater gambit.

  4. #44
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,458
    my impression is that riboku is forcing ousen to commit all his resources in large anticipation while he has yet to deploy any reinforcement. So he's either planning to strike hard one of the sides or to preserve his core forces relying on his commanders' quality to hold their ground against ousen's waves as long as they can.

    you may call it a ribokucentric point of view, but i think in these very last pages we've noticed for the first time a reaction, so not a planned action, from ousen's part. May the reason of this miscalculation be Kisui's quality or Makou's incompetence, as a matter of fact Ousen didn't plan to send Shin in the first place, so if he's now forced to do so it means his strategy is starting to screech first compared to riboku's.


  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    my impression is that riboku is forcing ousen to commit all his resources in large anticipation while he has yet to deploy any reinforcement. So he's either planning to strike hard one of the sides or to preserve his core forces relying on his commanders' quality to hold their ground against ousen's waves as long as they can.

    you may call it a ribokucentric point of view, but i think in these very last pages we've noticed for the first time a reaction, so not a planned action, from ousen's part. May the reason of this miscalculation be Kisui's quality or Makou's incompetence, as a matter of fact Ousen didn't plan to send Shin in the first place, so if he's now forced to do so it means his strategy is starting to screech first compared to riboku's.
    Riboku isn't forcing shit, Makou and Mouten have had absolutely no problem so far and are borderline stomping, Kisui hasn't even been capable of launching a counterattack. Ousen's clearly overcommitting a huge amount to the left despite neither Mouten nor Makou being in any danger....so its clearly part of a greater gambit.

    Whether Riboku through it is another matter but I heavily expect the first day to go in Qin's favour.

  6. #46
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Riboku isn't forcing shit, Makou and Mouten have had absolutely no problem so far and are borderline stomping, Kisui hasn't even been capable of launching a counterattack. Ousen's clearly overcommitting a huge amount to the left despite neither Mouten nor Makou being in any danger....so its clearly part of a greater gambit.

    Whether Riboku through it is another matter but I heavily expect the first day to go in Qin's favour.
    first part is a flat out misinterpretation and second is an arguable one too.

    there's an entire chapter dedicated to Kisui's counterattack, he reset his men's morale and turned an actual stomp into a battle from zero between armies of even numbers. And that's the basis for Ousen to send even more reinforcements on the left: he isn't only assuming that side is not safe yet, but he's also not confident in Mouten being able of taking Kisui's head as the situation is. Whether it is part of a bigger gambit or not is harder to rebut but i personally disagree since Ousen sent Shin to the left with a precise order, and not just as a generic movement of troops. There's not much more he can be supposed to accomplish with less than 1k men.

    so, is ousen thinking the left is becoming a bigger theatre, or he just wants to claim that battle for himself? That's up to opinions.
    but kisui not having done anything? And currently being stomped? That's just false. Undeniably false.


  7. #47
    Next weak we'll finaly see Yotanwa's battlefield, huh? Can't wait for that.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    first part is a flat out misinterpretation and second is an arguable one too.

    there's an entire chapter dedicated to Kisui's counterattack, he reset his men's morale and turned an actual stomp into a battle from zero between armies of even numbers. And that's the basis for Ousen to send even more reinforcements on the left: he isn't only assuming that side is not safe yet, but he's also not confident in Mouten being able of taking Kisui's head as the situation is. Whether it is part of a bigger gambit or not is harder to rebut but i personally disagree since Ousen sent Shin to the left with a precise order, and not just as a generic movement of troops. There's not much more he can be supposed to accomplish with less than 1k men.

    so, is ousen thinking the left is becoming a bigger theatre, or he just wants to claim that battle for himself? That's up to opinions.
    but kisui not having done anything? And currently being stomped? That's just false. Undeniably false.
    Kisui's done an...adequate job at holding out and not getting destroyed, that's the best that can be said for his performance so far and hence why I used 'borderline stomp'. Makou and Mouten have been plainly battering him with their superior strategy and their strength has been basically untouched. Kisui has managed to keep his army's morale and survived Makou (something Mouten and Ousen both predicted) but he's had no success at actually reversing Qin's momentum and has only slowed it. Kisui's at both a complete strategic and strength disadvantage, Shin is overkill.

    Basically there's no reason the left wing actually needs help, stomp or not Qin has it absolutely under control. I'm not sure how you can read the past few issues and conclude Kisui is forcing Ousen's hand with his hypercompetence or whatever

  9. #49
    okay chapter, Banana is real legit though he's pretty annoying, shame Akou had to look bad for him to look good since he couldn't get it done against Ouhon

    http://sensescans.com/reader/read/ki.../49/526/page/5

    >almost

    that makes it better but I don't trust the words of fodder, especially nut huggers anyways. do like that this could set up more competent spear wielders in the future, so they don't seemingly come outta nowhere

    Ousen sending Shin out when we've yet to see Riboku clash with Ousen just reeks of using him as bait

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuan Lao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would think that

    Ouhon's strength stat is 95 right now.

    Bananji is 93.

    Akou is 91-92.

    - - - Updated - - -

    In this case, Shin is very likely to actually reach 93 in strength stat and becomes 94 if he could master Ouki's glaive in combat. Kisui is a dead man. Batei is too if he subsitute Kisui.
    whoa there stat man, you think Ouhon is already Duke level with out the GG weight? 2 point difference is almost signifying mid diff and seeing as how Ouhon couldn't get a clean hit though he was pressuring Banana, I'd say a one point difference at most

    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - "top five in the entire central plains" - oh joy, I can't wait to see some Chu/Yan/Qi guys ranting on how Earl Shi never dared to face them cause central plains are for pussies; and two Earl-Shi-level peasant girls joining HSU whose father was god of spear or some crap
    this is low key savage af
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  10. #50
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kisui's done an...adequate job at holding out and not getting destroyed, that's the best that can be said for his performance so far and hence why I used 'borderline stomp'. Makou and Mouten have been plainly battering him with their superior strategy and their strength has been basically untouched. Kisui has managed to keep his army's morale and survived Makou (something Mouten and Ousen both predicted) but he's had no success at actually reversing Qin's momentum and has only slowed it. Kisui's at both a complete strategic and strength disadvantage, Shin is overkill.

    Basically there's no reason the left wing actually needs help, stomp or not Qin has it absolutely under control. I'm not sure how you can read the past few issues and conclude Kisui is forcing Ousen's hand with his hypercompetence or whatever
    unless we agree on the size of kisui's feat, we'll hardly agree on the rest so let's make our differences clear:

    _ you say kisui just boosted slightly his army's lifeline and didn't affect the tides at all, i think kisui has completely nullified the overwhelming morale difference after the wave attack, and he's now fighting makou's army from point blank.

    _ you say he's done an adequate job, i think he's pulled a leadership feat that i can only see Ouki and Renpa matching in the same circumstances (they would probably have been prepared for a side attack to begin with, but let's just admit they were in kisui's shoes at the time of his speech). He turned a decreed defeat into a battle head to head. Completely reversing the momentum is just out of the world since not even ouki managed to do as much when his army got cornered by riboku's.

    _ you say the left wing didn't need help and sending shin is overkill, i think the left wing is absolutely stable now and it's just because of mouten being still a thorn on kisui's back, cuz had makou been the only opponent there, i'd have no doubt that, halted their momentum, they'd be butchering meat for kisui's iron morale and batei's offensives.

    that's how differently we see it. We can't but wait and see at this point.


  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ousen sending Shin out when we've yet to see Riboku clash with Ousen just reeks of using him as bait
    To me it looks like Ousen is using himself as bait. Ousen has sent away all his five best commanders and is down 20K men. I doubt Zhao has that much intel on Kyoukai so Ousen is practically inviting Riboku to take his head. (There's Kyoukai but she's not really famous. Zhao didn't even have good intel on Mouten.)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by SunWu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me it looks like Ousen is using himself as bait. Ousen has sent away all his five best commanders and is down 20K men. I doubt Zhao has that much intel on Kyoukai so Ousen is practically inviting Riboku to take his head. (There's Kyoukai but she's not really famous. Zhao didn't even have good intel on Mouten.)
    using himself as bait? I dunno, he could be but based on my understanding of his nature that's not a move he would make.

    - - - Updated - - -

    and I dunno what intel he has on Kyoukai as well
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  13. #53
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Titan
    Posts
    32,521
    Shin can only take 800 eh?

    You know what this means guys?

    Bihei shall become the HSU leader in Shin's place

  14. #54
    J.Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kisui's done an...adequate job at holding out and not getting destroyed, that's the best that can be said for his performance so far and hence why I used 'borderline stomp'. Makou and Mouten have been plainly battering him with their superior strategy and their strength has been basically untouched. Kisui has managed to keep his army's morale and survived Makou (something Mouten and Ousen both predicted) but he's had no success at actually reversing Qin's momentum and has only slowed it. Kisui's at both a complete strategic and strength disadvantage, Shin is overkill.

    Basically there's no reason the left wing actually needs help, stomp or not Qin has it absolutely under control. I'm not sure how you can read the past few issues and conclude Kisui is forcing Ousen's hand with his hypercompetence or whatever
    I absolutely agree with your assessment of the situation. Ousen might be attemting a variation of the battle of Guagamela. Kyoukai might also get a turn to greatly shine depending on how the situation unfolds. My main criticism still remains that we have not seen Ribokus reactions to everything that has been going on. The man is said to be the best general in china right now, and his first actual onscreen battle has him doing little.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    using himself as bait? I dunno, he could be but based on my understanding of his nature that's not a move he would make.

    - - - Updated - - -

    and I dunno what intel he has on Kyoukai as well
    If Ousen can repulse everything Riboku throws at him in the center despite being at a clear disadvantage in terms of men and commanders that allows his flanks to gain an advantage (closer to parity I'd say). If he's confident defending with a 40K army against 60K army led by Riboku then it's not really a risk from his POV.

    That being said I think Riboku is going to send Futei with 3-5K men to reinforce his right.

  16. #56
    I would love another translation on that Ouhon hype. Top 5 spear users? Any users? Just in this central part of the war? Or the central part of China?

    Do we have anyone on this forum who knows how to translate? Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - "top five in the entire central plains" - oh joy, I can't wait to see some Chu/Yan/Qi guys ranting on how Earl Shi never dared to face them cause central plains are for pussies; and two Earl-Shi-level peasant girls joining HSU whose father was god of spear or some crap
    Ummmm - Eishi was in prison for 14 years lol. You being negative again

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Riboku isn't forcing shit, Makou and Mouten have had absolutely no problem so far and are borderline stomping
    No it isn't. Last we heard, Zhao blocked Qin's attack and so it's likely 50-50 prior to any other attack from Qin/Counter from Zhao.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by J.Caesar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I absolutely agree with your assessment of the situation. Ousen might be attemting a variation of the battle of Guagamela. Kyoukai might also get a turn to greatly shine depending on how the situation unfolds. My main criticism still remains that we have not seen Ribokus reactions to everything that has been going on. The man is said to be the best general in china right now, and his first actual onscreen battle has him doing little.
    Knowing how Kingdom works, we will likely see a Riboku response soon lol. I hope you'll apologize when we do

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love another translation on that Ouhon hype. Top 5 spear users? Any users? Just in this central part of the war? Or the central part of China?

    Do we have anyone on this forum who knows how to translate? Lol.



    Ummmm - Eishi was in prison for 14 years lol. You being negative again

    - - - Updated - - -



    No it isn't. Last we heard, Zhao blocked Qin's attack and so it's likely 50-50 prior to any other attack from Qin/Counter from Zhao.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Knowing how Kingdom works, we will likely see a Riboku response soon lol. I hope you'll apologize when we do
    Kisui succeeding in holding his ground against Makou was predicted by Ousen from the beginning, which is why Mouten turned into the main offence. He's done a decent job coping but even he realises he has little way to check the Gaku Ka and the Makou Army's purpose is just to keep him occupied. Nothing has went outside of Ousen's and Mouten's plans thus far.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kisui succeeding in holding his ground against Makou was predicted by Ousen from the beginning, which is why Mouten turned into the main offence. He's done a decent job coping but even he realises he has little way to check the Gaku Ka and the Makou Army's purpose is just to keep him occupied. Nothing has went outside of Ousen's and Mouten's plans thus far.
    How does this equate to 'borderline stomping', though? Kisui now knows about Mouten's threat and has dealt with his/Makou's attack (albeit at the cost of 5k). As things stand between them we know absolutely 0% of how that side is going lol. There's no more surprises from Mouten/Makou - Kisui knows them both now.

    Obviously Shin is about to throw another spanner in the works, but that doesn't mean anything regarding how Kisui/Batei vs Makou/Mouten is right now.

  19. #59
    Juan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,331
    Did Crispy just say Kisui's feat is Ouki/Renpa level

  20. #60
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    8,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does this equate to 'borderline stomping', though? Kisui now knows about Mouten's threat and has dealt with his/Makou's attack (albeit at the cost of 5k). As things stand between them we know absolutely 0% of how that side is going lol. There's no more surprises from Mouten/Makou - Kisui knows them both now.

    Obviously Shin is about to throw another spanner in the works, but that doesn't mean anything regarding how Kisui/Batei vs Makou/Mouten is right now.
    while he's now cautious of mouten's presence he's still not able to predict his movements. kisui's wary of his unit for that exact reason. not to mention they're still playing completely in the palm of ousen's hands. so it wouldn't really be accurate to say there shouldn't be any more surprises from either mouten/makou. knowledge of them doesn't in itself constitute full awareness of their game or what they're still capable of.

    and considering things are still playing out exactly as qin envisioned it's pretty unlikely they were able to legitimately turn anything in their favor.

    that side of the battle has been completely and utterly in qin's favor since the beginning
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •