• 3/5

2 8.70%
  • 4/5

6 26.09%
  • 5/5

14 60.87%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    wait.. another break? killme

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wait.. another break? killme
    There's no break notice in the chapter.
    "Dragoons! Dragoons! The King's Dragoons!"

I would think that

Ouhon's strength stat is 95 right now.

Bananji is 93.

Akou is 91-92.

- - - Updated - - -

In this case, Shin is very likely to actually reach 93 in strength stat and becomes 94 if he could master Ouki's glaive in combat. Kisui is a dead man. Batei is too if he subsitute Kisui.

Ouhon isn't using his spear techniques against Banaji, he probably learnt a new technique after Dragon's claw against Eearl Shi. Instead of using it at the start of the fight he may use it at the end to caught the opponent off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    That "top 5 spear wielders" sounds like BS to me. Ouhon supposedly has Earl Shi level power along with his former speed and precision that allowed him to defeat him, and supposedly there are 4 more spear guys better than him? Then Earl Shi with his 96 strength was actually a scrub that wasn't even top 5 or what?

At most there should be one guy better with the spear than Ouhon, if they start pulling 96+ spear generals out of their ass it's going to be pretty contrived.
    Ouhon is among the top 5, that doesn't mean there are literally 4 stronger than him, he could be anywhere between no 1-5, he's probably top 3 in actuality

I don't see Ouhon being 96+ yet so Earl Shi was definitely at least top 3

Ouhon is top 5 spear user in China? I thought he was supposed to be No.1 I know Earl Shi didn't want to live but regardless Ouhon did match up to his skills during the fight. I do think Ouhon was overhyped there; the author was ambiguous how much of his victory was skills and how much of it was Earl Shi letting himself die but I got the impression it was more of skills.

Wasn't Earl Shi the greatest spear user in all of China?

Number 1 spear wielder in Wei, actually. He was probably the best spear-wielding general in China we will ever see though (barring EOS Ouhon).

Keep in mind that 'spear-wielder' doesn't just apply to generals, the top 5 could also consist of imperial guards, martial artists, bushins etc

He was the greatest, but currently it has been years since Earl Shi has been prisoned (and die from Ouhon), so it's not really surprising if someone else had climb at Earl Shi level currently

and yes, Ouhon vs Earl Shi is a good match up because of Ouhon's technique and Earl Shi's death wish. We can't really say that Ouhon is already at Earl Shi's level yet.

and yeah, probably we'll only see 1 or 2 more spear monster other than Ouhon after this

Quote Originally Posted by Xuan Lao View Post
    I would think that

Ouhon's strength stat is 95 right now.

Bananji is 93.

Akou is 91-92.

- - - Updated - - -

In this case, Shin is very likely to actually reach 93 in strength stat and becomes 94 if he could master Ouki's glaive in combat. Kisui is a dead man. Batei is too if he subsitute Kisui.
    Bananji should be higher. He held his own against Ouhon. He was getting blown back initially but never took any serious damage and managed to dismount Ouhon and then beat back Akou with mounted advantage.

Ouhon and Bananji are 94-95 for me.
    Akou 92-93.

Mouten deserves to take Kisui's head hopefully Shin will run into Batei when he shows up and can still get a generals head.

Also Ouhon is definitely within the top 2 Spear wielders within all of China I don't buy there being four others still above him there's probably only one other guy who surpassed Earl Shi while he was locked up for over a decade.

Yeah Bananji has looked damn good so far both martially and strategically (he technically outplayed both Ouhon and Akou). He's definitely one of the strongest vassals so far

Still, Ouhon was said to be 'almost' as powerful as Earl Shi which indicates a noticeable difference, if slight. So I'd peg him at 94 (95 would be basically indistinguishable) and Bananji 93. If there are spear wielders still stronger than Ouhon they don't necessarily have to be generals.

THE BANANJIFEST

~Lemon~

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Bananji should be higher. He held his own against Ouhon. He was getting blown back initially but never took any serious damage and managed to dismount Ouhon and then beat back Akou with mounted advantage.

Ouhon and Bananji are 94-95 for me.
    Akou 92-93.
    Getting pushed back and not being able to launch a counterattack is worth the 2 point difference in strength. If he had 94, he would of been parrying and counterattacking.

Ouhon is definitely portrayed as the superior fighter between the two. Bananji was forced to dismount him because he was beig cornered.

Banaji is not the same level as Ouhon.
    Ouhon still not using his spear technique against Banaji

^that too

Ouhon has been dominating Bananji without showing any of his named techniques yet.

tbf Bananji said he'd take a few exchanges to get used to it and didn't seem to be exerting himself or concerned, but he didn't have time because Akou's army was closing in. And he did come out on top of their duel.

In a fight to the death I'd place my bets on Ouhon but I wouldn't say Ouhon was dominating him.

When he gets used to it, Ouhon could just step up his tempo and start his named techniques. This is also givingg the benefit of the doubt to Bananji getting use to Ouhon's might. Ouhon blow his glaive away with one swing of his spear.

How well Bananji fares against Akou does not relate to his strength being on the same level as Ouhon. He was getting dominated in this fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Ouhon vs Bananji is basically Gaimou vs Shin except Bananji can't even counterattack.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-02-2017 at 04:44 PM.

- "top five in the entire central plains" - oh joy, I can't wait to see some Chu/Yan/Qi guys ranting on how Earl Shi never dared to face them cause central plains are for pussies; and two Earl-Shi-level peasant girls joining HSU whose father was god of spear or some crap

- Bananji's "don't fuss" and "I know" - awesome, he is relaxed
    - Noooo , Hara inserts the "a few more exchanges" so me and other Earl Shi - fanboys don't go all "wow, glaive users stand no chance against spear! "

- that shot of Bananji's throw

- though Bananji grabbing Ouhon's arm seems like a little stretch; next we're getting wrestling matches? let's hope Shunsuiju packed a letter and goes Hornswoggle on their asses

Anyway, Shin better does not steal the kill. And Chougaryuu, you better did not just screw up...
    Fun chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuan Lao View Post
    Ouhon vs Bananji is basically Gaimou vs Shin except Bananji can't even counterattack.
    except Bananji almost splatted his empty braincells on to the dirt
    ~Lemon~

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    except Bananji almost splatted his empty braincells on to the dirt
    He sure got cornered hard.