Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136
Results 2,701 to 2,707 of 2707
    Make dua for the people of Aleppo. It's gotten to bad that some residents are asking if they are allowed to kill themselves and their families before Assad's men get to them, due to the fear of torture and rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex D. Boss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Pimp of Pimps;

It has been a month since I stopped smoking weed. I am really serious about cleaning my body from weed. In Sha Allah never again.

That's awesome. Keep at it.

"Don't count the days, make the days count"

True, Also dont the forget the muslim in Burma being killed, they are declared the most discriminated group in the world I hear. So sad

Al-Qurtubi reported: It reached Umar ibn Abdul Aziz, may Allah have mercy on him, that his son purchased a ring for a thousand coins, so he wrote to him saying: Indeed, I have heard that you purchased a ring for a thousand coins, so sell it and feed a thousand starving people and buy a ring of iron for one coin. Write over it, ‘May Allah have mercy on a man who knows his own position.’”

Source: Tafsīr al-Qurṭubī 16:14

عن القرطبي بَلَغَ عُمَرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ رحمه الله أَنَّ ابْنَهُ اشْتَرَى خَاتَمًا بِأَلْفِ دِرْهَمٍ فَكَتَبَ إِلَيْهِ إِنَّهُ بَلَغَنِي أَنَّكَ اشْتَرَيْتَ خَاتَمًا بِأَلْفِ دِرْهَمٍ فَبِعْهُ وَأَطْعِمْ مِنْهُ أَلْفَ جَائِعٍ وَاشْتَرِ خَاتَمًا مِنْ حَدِيدٍ بِدِرْهَمٍ وَاكْتُبْ عَلَيْهِ رَحِمَ اللَّهُ امْرَأً عَرَفَ قَدْرَ نَفْسِهِ

16:14 الجامع لأحكام القرآن

@ReXDrake;

I think you might find this an interesting read.

@Pimp of Pimps;

and indeed it was, so thankyou for linking it to me. As you might have expected, I have a few questions and remarks id like you to address if you don't mind. I found it very amusing that under fiqh, there are a multitude of ways in which an accused can weasel their way out of a hudud punishment, and while it is good to know that officials were reluctant to issue such penalties for theft and fornication, I still wonder why they exist at all. I for one certainly do no consider fornication or alcohol/drug consumption to be immoral, much less sinful, so im interested to hear the Islamic basis for why such acts are viewed that way.

Another thing i don't understand is why there was so much inconsistency in how punishments would be enforced. For example, Brown states that people would often "turn a blind eye" to wrongdoings committed in private, and likewise that Muhammad would not have the hands of soldiers who had stolen amputated, merely because it was inconvenient to do so at the time.

I might have more to add later

@Z @Pimp of Pimps @Halaros 536 @Heart @Luffee @ShinjoXXXX @ReXDrake @The Shogun of Shoguns @Alex D. Boss @Akira @Le nettoyeur;

An excellent lecture by Dr. Brown on how to approach Hadith and why they need to be approached differently than the Quran.

And Rex, I'll respond to your post in a little bit.

It has been narrated by Ibn Mubaarak from Safwaan bin ‘Amr from Sulaym bin ‘Aamir who said that ‘Umar bin al-Khattaab [may Allaah be Pleased with him] would write to his mayors when winter entered, advising:
    Winter has come and it is your enemy so fight it. Fight it with wool, Khuff (leather slippers) and socks (made out of other than leather). Make hats and muffles from wool because its coldness is quick to come upon you and slow to leave.
    Ibn Rajab [may Allaah have Mercy on him] said thereafter:
    ‘Umar used to write to his mayors in ash-Shaam (the former name for the region of Syria, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon and parts of Turkey) after it became under Islaamic rule. He used to make a point of writing to them continuously because he feared for the Companions [may Allaah be Pleased with them all] and others that were living there because they did not originally come from a climate with severe temperatures. Fearing that they would be afflicted with the extreme weather in ash-Shaam, he would write to them with advice - illustrating his sincerity, substantial insight, compassion, concern and fortification for those under him, may Allaah be Pleased with ‘Umar. End quote

[al-Lataaif al-Ma’aarif (Pg. 330-331)]