Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 3,761 to 3,779 of 3779
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    aight, fair enough.

edit: its .org btw. just checked

Good catch
    No.​

@Z @Pimp of Pimps @Halaros 536 @Game Master @Heart @baji17 @Luffee @ShinjoXXXX @ReXDrake @Akira @Le nettoyeur @MO @Aether @DreX @AverageReader100 @Emperor Whitebeard @Chaos2000;

The Prophet SAW highly emphasized archery because of its usefulness in combat and war. Do any of you practice archery? I have a little bit and am going to try and get back into it.

How about using firearms (responsibly, of course). That would fall under 'archery' here according to my understanding, since it's basically the modern equivalent.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    @Z @Pimp of Pimps @Halaros 536 @Game Master @Heart @baji17 @Luffee @ShinjoXXXX @ReXDrake @Akira @Le nettoyeur @MO @Aether @DreX @AverageReader100 @Emperor Whitebeard @Chaos2000;

The Prophet SAW highly emphasized archery because of its usefulness in combat and war. Do any of you practice archery? I have a little bit and am going to try and get back into it.

How about using firearms (responsibly, of course). That would fall under 'archery' here according to my understanding, since it's basically the modern equivalent.
    Archery, riding a horse and swimming. The first two in modern days can be shooting and driving. I know how to drive and swim. I'll probably ask my old man to teach me a thing or two about shooting since he has been in the army and until recent years used to hunt occasionally.

Nah, never practiced Archery.

Btw this is beautiful. MashaAllah :

https://youtu.be/_-TbAy3gGNI

(Watch till the end)

I think archery looks cool, but shooting...no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos2000 View Post
    Nah, never practiced Archery.

Btw this is beautiful. MashaAllah :

https://youtu.be/_-TbAy3gGNI

(Watch till the end)
    Since when were you a Muslim?! I never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    Archery, riding a horse and swimming. The first two in modern days can be shooting and driving. I know how to drive and swim. I'll probably ask my old man to teach me a thing or two about shooting since he has been in the army and until recent years used to hunt occasionally.
    Don't forget wrestling (martial arts).

Unfortunately, many Muslims today neglect sunnahs such as these. If we look at the scholars of the past, they practiced this stuff just like they practiced fiqh or read Quran. Imam Bukhari, for example, was said never to miss a target and Ibn Taymiyyah regularly fought in battles.
    No.​

no but I would really like to try.
    Last edited by MO; Yesterday at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MO View Post
    no but I would be really to try.

There might be an archery range near your house. Gun range as well.
    No.​

There might be an archery range near your house. Gun range as well.
    A while ago, I was reading up on the Battle of Badr, and came across some interesting information I was going to get you to comment on.

From what I read, prior to the battle, 3 ceremonial duels took place between the members of both forces. Muhammads nephew Ali was one of the participants, and all three duels were won by the muslims.

Throughout history, have muslim armies engaged in this sort of practice with their opposition anywhere else, and why was this done before the Battle of Badr at all?

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    A while ago, I was reading up on the Battle of Badr, and came across some interesting information I was going to get you to comment on.

From what I read, prior to the battle, 3 ceremonial duels took place between the members of both forces. Muhammads nephew Ali was one of the participants, and all three duels were won by the muslims.

Throughout history, have muslim armies engaged in this sort of practice with their opposition anywhere else, and why was this done before the Battle of Badr at all?
    The mubarazzah was an Arab custom of the time, not necessarily relationed to Islam. I'm assuming other cultures practiced it as well. Most Islamic armies did not engage in this practice as far as I know.

Also, Hazrat Ali was the Prophet's SAW cousin not nephew.
    No.​

The mubarazzah was an Arab custom of the time, not necessarily relationed to Islam. I'm assuming other cultures practiced it as well. Most Islamic armies did not engage in this practice as far as I know.

Also, Hazrat Ali was the Prophet's SAW cousin not nephew.
    Thanks for the correction.

I cant find any information about this online, so was it obligatory for Arabic armies to carry out mubarazzah duels before battles or not?

I'm wondering how this could have even been enacted before the Battle of Badr, seeing how the meccans had the muslims outnumbered. Would the duels take place in some sort of middle ground and be officiated by anyone?

Thanks for the correction.

I cant find any information about this online, so was it obligatory for Arabic armies to carry out mubarazzah duels before battles or not?

I'm wondering how this could have even been enacted before the Battle of Badr, seeing how the meccans had the muslims outnumbered. Would the duels take place in some sort of middle ground and be officiated by anyone?

No problem.

Yeah. At least when it came to battles between large (for them) armies.

They fought in a middle ground, before the two armies go too close. It wouldn't really be referred by anyone or anything, the winner would be the one still breathing.
    No.​

No problem.

Yeah. At least when it came to battles between large (for them) armies.

They fought in a middle ground,
    before the two armies go too close. It wouldn't really be referred by anyone or anything, the winner would be the one still breathing.
    That's what was fascinating to me.

I'm amazed that it was even possible for these fights to happen at all. Youd think it would be pretty easy for one side to mount a surprise attack or do something underhanded while the fights were taking place.

That's what was fascinating to me.

I'm amazed that it was even possible for these fights to happen at all. Youd think it would be pretty easy for one side to mount a surprise attack or do something underhanded while the fights were taking place.
    The Arabs were very big on honor and custom, even before Islam.
    No.​

The Arabs were very big on honor and custom, even before Islam.
    All interesting stuff

Thanks for the info

Don't forget wrestling (martial arts).

Unfortunately, many Muslims today neglect sunnahs such as these. If we look at the scholars of the past, they practiced this stuff just like they practiced fiqh or read Quran. Imam Bukhari, for example, was said never to miss a target and Ibn Taymiyyah regularly fought in battles.
    You would find these skills vital even in today's world. They can literally save lives.

You would find these skills vital even in today's world. They can literally save lives.

It's like game theory though if everyone is trained it just means everyone loses, everyone can die faster now if all people start figuring out the lethal shit

Very true, Islam is such a practical way of life. If more Muslims started to do their best to follow Islam in all respects, the world would be a much better place.

Another example is the Islamic obligation to seek knowledge. If people followed this, and put an emphasis on seeking all beneficial knowledge (whether Islamic or worldly) it would make a pretty big difference. Lots of time people are ignorant because they want to be.
    No.​