Page 185 of 201 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4015
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My country has had muslims and christians living together for centuries and to this day, we haven't had a single incident. You just go around, find a bad article about muslims and immediately label all of us as terrorists. I bet you haven't even met a muslim in your life.
    I guess you was never in Germany?
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

My country has had muslims and christians living together for centuries and to this day, we haven't had a single incident. You just go around, find a bad article about muslims and immediately label all of us as terrorists. I bet you haven't even met a muslim in your life.

Do you live in the land of make believe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    I guess you was never in Germany?

I worry one day they'll come for you

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Rax
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Yeah,sure..
    alright

Thanks Rax
    If they end up destroying your country you're always welcome in America

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

@Z @Pimp of Pimps @Halaros 536 @Game Master @Heart @baji17 @Luffee @ShinjoXXXX @ReXDrake @The Shogun of Shoguns @Akira @Le nettoyeur @MO @Aether @DreX @AverageReader100 @Emperor Whitebeard @Chaos2000;

Yesterday (I believe) is the day our noble Sultan AbdulHamid Han II passed from this world. He was an example for all of us. Here's a post from FB (not mine) about him:

On this day, a hundred years ago, the last great Caliph of the Muslims left this world - Abdulhamid Han II (rahimahullah).He was the last Caliph who possessed and exercised executive power over the Khilafah and beyond.
    There is a wealth of lessons from the life of Caliph Abdulhamid which is relevant for us an Ummah today, both in the West and the Muslim majority world.
    From his struggle against the secularisation and liberalisation of the Khilafah by the Young Turk movement, to the endless nationalist rebellions instigated by the British, the French and the Russians, to his constant emphasis on pan-Islamic unity as the only source of strength and revival for the Ummah.
    Caliph Abdulhamid was indeed a lion among a continent of hyenas, and a brave heart surrounded by wolves within his own state. Yet, he ruled with honour, dignity and strength for 33 years until he was deposed in 1909 by the Young Turks.
    How this Ummah yearns for such a leader like Abdulhamid, who at a time of perceived weakness and despair told the founder of the Zionist movement, Theodor Herzl, when he offered 150 million pounds of gold in exchange for some land in Palestine, the Caliph replied:
    "I am not going to give one inch of Palestine to the Jews as Palestine is not mine to give but belongs to the Ummah, and the Ummah have shed blood to defend this land."

May Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) have mercy on him, unite us with him in Paradise, and raise from among the believers such valiant and God-fearing rulers, ameen ya Rabb.

Yup, Muslims have always lived together with people of other faiths peacefully as brothers in humanity. It's only relatively recently in history that sectarian violence has become a thing and even that is only because of political intervention from non-muslims and traitors from within in the Muslims.

The Jews called Islamic Spain their golden age, Christians help fend off the Crusaders, the Persian language has been preserved despite being one of the first areas conquered by Islam, people of all faiths lived peacefully in Palestine as long as the Caliphate lasted and so on.

Insha'Allah, when an Islamic government reemerges this will be the reality in all Muslim lands once again.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    @Z @Pimp of Pimps @Halaros 536 @Game Master @Heart @baji17 @Luffee @ShinjoXXXX @ReXDrake @The Shogun of Shoguns @Akira @Le nettoyeur @MO @Aether @DreX @AverageReader100 @Emperor Whitebeard @Chaos2000;

Yesterday (I believe) is the day our noble Sultan AbdulHamid Han II passed from this world. He was an example for all of us. Here's a post from FB (not mine) about him:

Yup, Muslims have always lived together with people of other faiths peacefully as brothers in humanity. It's only relatively recently in history that sectarian violence has become a thing and even that is only because of political intervention from non-muslims and traitors from within in the Muslims.

The Jews called Islamic Spain their golden age, Christians help fend off the Crusaders, the Persian language has been preserved despite being one of the first areas conquered by Islam, people of all faiths lived peacefully in Palestine as long as the Caliphate lasted and so on.

Insha'Allah, when an Islamic government reemerges this will be the reality in all Muslim lands once again.
    The Young Turks gained power through lies. They started the revolution not far from my ancestors' lands and gained tremendous power especially in Kosovo. They achieved this by promising all oppressed nations would be given freedom. When they got to power they denied everything they had promised.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. A very real country where you'll see muslims help christians restore churches and christians help muslims do the same with mosques.

The Young Turks gained power through lies. They started the revolution not far from my ancestors' lands and gained tremendous power especially in Kosovo. They achieved this by promising all oppressed nations would be given freedom. When they got to power they denied everything they had promised.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. A very real country where you'll see muslims help christians restore churches and christians help muslims do the same with mosques.
    Meanwhile a majority of Muslim countries would slaughter any Christian they got their hands on.

Still killing gays

Still killing any non-muslims.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Meanwhile a majority of Muslim countries would slaughter any Christian they got their hands on.

Still killing gays

Still killing any non-muslims.
    Stop spreading lies.

The whole "Muslims having sex with goats" thing. I don't understand why people think that, where it came from, etc.? Can someone explain why, its origins, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by AverageReader100 View Post
    The whole "Muslims having sex with goats" thing. I don't understand why people think that, where it came from, etc.? Can someone explain why, its origins, etc.?
    what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    what are you talking about?
    I would like to understand where and why people got the idea about Muslims being called goat-screwers(excuse me for the lack of a better word).

It's a...I don't want to say stereotype, but I can't think of the right word to describe. Anti-Islamic rhetoric has used this term/phrase as one of the descriptions for Muslims for as long as I can remember in my life growing up.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to understand where and why people got the idea about Muslims being called goat-screwers(excuse me for the lack of a better word).

It's a...I don't want to say stereotype, but I can't think of the right word to describe. Anti-Islamic rhetoric has used this term/phrase as one of the descriptions for Muslims for as long as I can remember in my life growing up.
    Do you refer to bestiality? Weird that I've never heard this rumor if true. Lemme do some research...

Stop spreading lies.
    Are you saying Muslims aren't killing gays or non-muslims anymore?

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I remember a father killed his son because he was gay...

Is this standart in Islam?
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Yeah,sure..
    alright

It's a complete bullshit honestly, and any human with a bit of a brain in his head will not fall for it.

I remember a father killed his son because he was gay...

Is this standart in Islam?
    This is more complicated than it sounds.

Well, all the jurists, unanimously, have agreed that homosexuality is prohibited in Islam, and the punishment for the person-in-question is execution, indeed. But this isn't sufficient for an answer and I hate how many scholars would end it here.

There are a couple of points that should be considered have:

1. A father killing his son - for any reason, no matter what is it - is also a grave sin. Strictly speaking, the father doesn't have the least permit to pass on the Shariah laws when it comes to execution, and neither is anyone from the general public is allowed to pass it over. Ultimately the only one who'd be held responsible for it is the one(s) in complete authority; who'd, by today's language, be the official governors/ judges/ rulers. Allah has addressed this command only to those who are appointed as leaders and can carry out these judgments as a part of their role without disturbing the order or causing chaos in the country. Actually, take it as a rule; anything that would lead to disorder in the Muslim community is strictly prohibited even if it matched with the Islamic laws. And for those in command - who're in charge of maintaining peace and order in the Muslim community - if passing any Shariah judgment would bring on more disorder than maintaining order, it should be neglected. (ofc I say everything is supported by evidence, and you're more than welcomed to ask for it, but perhaps i won't be free to carry on today)

2. Unless the person accused was witnessed - by no less than two reliable well-known-for-honesty muslims - to actually "do it" or if he himself pleaded guilty of his commission out loud, he can't be killed. Mere accusations are simply insufficient to pass this judgment, not before it had evidently reached the point beyond doubt.

3. For the person to be liable for this execution, he should meet certain criteria and that is:
    * he has to be an adult
    * he has to be rational human being with no psychological issues or such.
    * he shouldn't have been misled or forced to do it.

Well, all the jurists, unanimously, have agreed that homosexuality is prohibited in Islam, and the punishment for the person-in-question is execution, indeed. But this isn't sufficient for an answer and I hate how many scholars would end it here.

1. A father killing his son - for any reason, no matter what is it - is also a grave sin. Strictly speaking, the father doesn't have the least permit to pass on the Shariah laws when it comes to execution, and neither is anyone from the general public is allowed to pass it over. Ultimately the only one who'd be held responsible for it is the one(s) in complete authority; who'd, by today's language, be the official governors/ judges/ rulers. Allah has addressed this command only to those who are appointed as leaders and can carry out these judgments as a part of their role without disturbing the order or causing chaos in the country. Actually, take it as a rule; anything that would lead to disorder in the Muslim community is strictly prohibited even if it matched with the Islamic laws. And for those in command - who're in charge of maintaining peace and order in the Muslim community - if passing any Shariah judgment would bring on more disorder than maintaining order, it should be neglected. (ofc I say everything is supported by evidence, and you're more than welcomed to ask for it, but perhaps i won't be free to carry on today)

2. Unless the person accused was witnessed - by no less than two reliable well-known-for-honesty muslims - to actually "do it" or if he himself pleaded guilty of his commission out loud, he can't be killed. Mere accusations are simply insufficient to pass this judgment, not before it had evidently reached the point beyond doubt.

3. For the person to be liable for this execution, he should meet certain criteria and that is:
    * he has to be an adult
    Agreed. People often look into religion in a very narrow, black and white perspective when it simply isn't the case.

Yes.

Today, things might be a bit different than the earlier days were matters where so simple because no one within the Muslims could argue with the prophet who was held as the main source and reference. Nowadays some Muslims are either misled to be strict to an extreme, or would move to the other extreme, basically.

* he has to be an adult
    So,killing dudes for being gay is fine as well as killing your girlfriend if she's cheating you?Nothing and nobody gives you the right to kill a human(except bad criminals,they have lost all human rights and all of them should die excruciating).Thinking this alone is hard to beat for stupidity
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Yeah,sure..
    alright

So,killing dudes for being gay is fine as well as killing your girlfriend if she's cheating you?Nothing and nobody gives you the right to kill a human(except bad criminals,they have lost all human rights and all of them should die excruciating).Thinking this alone is hard to beat for stupidity
    I've no interest to engage in a subjective discussion with no beneficial outcome, brat. And please don't add any of your ass-pulls to the argument because everything is handled differently.

Homosexuality has abundant downfalls even from a modern point of view, enough to disallow it naturally. Also, as I said, today, the matter is handled differently for how dangerous and misleading it might be. Nowadays, homosexuals are mostly hated or/and advised among Muslims.