• Jinbei

0 0%
  • Capone

13 31.71%
  • Other..

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whole Cake Island MVP

As the arc is looking like it's coming to a close I think it's time we choose who's been the most impressive and entertaining character. After paying attention to people's opinions I've drawn the list down to these 6. If you'd like to choose another one not in the list you're allowed. Let's get it started.

Definitely Brook, with Capone being a close second.

Big Mom has been kind of meh. Sadly that had to be the case because Oda wrote himself into a corner.

Katakuri was cool, but he sort of suffered from a less extreme version of what Big Mom went through. If we saw him in a setting like the War of the Best he'd have been much more impressive.

Pedro and Jimbei were alright, but nothing amazing.

Katakuri hands down for me.

Brook

Quote Originally Posted by Midora
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess because my blood is about as pure as a muddy ditch... I can't have those crystal-clear beautiful thoughts like you, Froese

I enjoyed Katakuri the most out from these, but can't deny Brook was the MVP.

Brook.

Capone for me.

Team World Government Admiral Tigerclaw's Avatar
    Capone stole the show for me.

1. Brook
    2. Katakuri
    3. Bege

Capone by far.

1. brook
    2. capone
    3. big mom

i'll pick the character who called a yonko a young lady. brook deserves nothing but praise cause he was da bomb this arc. he also accomplished every single task that was assigned to him, including pulling an impossible heist on her ponegylph's & shattering mother carmel's photo that ultimately drove the story forward. plus nothing really tops his epic panel against big mom this arc

pretty sure capone gets enough praise from the fan base for how refreshingly awesome he was despite being introduced as an insignificant character compared to his peers. i think being underestimated played to his likability. oda has a knack for bringing seemingly insignificant characters like bentham to the spotlight. capone had a cool blend of charisma, goofiness and bossness. the more he was fleshed out, the more people adored him

big mom made this arc interesting for sure and with all things considered, she was pretty competent sending cracker to the seducing woods to stop luffy and acknowledged luffy's ability for beating doflamingo. her past was one of the highlights in this arc and it one of the more unique one's oda's ever done. it's always interesting when oda utilizes dark themes like human trafficking and cannibalism to add more impact to someone's story

i think a lot of the blame goes towards her crews incompetence and the communication breakdown/plot device between her and the rest. smoothie, cracker, opera, and the guards come to mind

Smoothie was a favorite but Brook definitely pulled out all the stops in this arc.

Believe In
    Venom Snake Who Believes In Me

Quote Originally Posted by Unbound

wtf o.o i thought u was rax =_=

Cool picture in the OP.

I'll go with Capone. Brook had some great moments of course, but Capone was a strong presence throughout the whole arc.

Brook gets the MVP while Capone is a close second for me

Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    My favorite character overall this arc has been Luffy. On the poll it's between Capone and Brook with the supernova probably edging out the soul king slightly. Big Mom has been a great villain but not quite as good a character as the named ones.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 07-14-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mom View Post
    My favorite character overall this arc has been Luffy. On the poll it's between Capone and Brook with the supernova probably edging out the soul king slightly.
    What did you like about Luffy this arc? Only cool moment I remember is him refusing to move till Sanji came back.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Cool picture in the OP.

I'll go with Capone. Brook had some great moments of course, but Capone was a strong presence throughout the whole arc.
    I can't agree with this, I'd even say the opposite : Capone arrived at a later stage in this arc, at which point Brook had already had his bout with BM and managed to stole a poneglyph from her, and during the wedding thing he was again the one to break Carmel's pic. Therefore why I chose Brook as the MVP, with Capone as a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor View Post
    I can't agree with this, I'd even say the opposite : Capone arrived at a later stage in this arc, at which point Brook had already had his bout with BM and managed to stole a poneglyph from her, and during the wedding thing he was again the one to break Carmel's pic. Therefore why I chose Brook as the MVP, with Capone as a close second.
    Pretty sure Capone was on the island the whole time, he just didn't meet up with Luffy until later.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Pretty sure Capone was on the island the whole time, he just didn't meet up with Luffy until later.
    Of course, but we didn't see much of him and of his plots before a later stage in the party. Whereas Brook stole the show on multiple time throughout the arc, as you put it

The fact that we learned so much more about Bege's personality and abilities also factors in to him being the MVP for me.