Ousen's plans for the centre

since he placed his retainers on the sides, Ousen is now holding the centre without named vassals or commanders aside of the hi shin unit, and he finds himself on an important numerical inferiority compared to Riboku's centre.

how do you think he's gonna deal with this situation? Does he plan to break Zhao's wings before the centre gets too unfavorable, or is he thinking he can take Riboku and his subs on his own under these conditions?

Ousen is the kind of guy that'll never fight a battle he can't win.

And I guarantee Riboku is not stupid enough to miss a nearly 2x number advantage in a battle as crucial as this.

So I highly doubt he's just "lol may wings may save me", he definitely has something up his sleeve, and that something has Commander Killer Unit slapped in its forehead.

Maybe it's not enough.

Shin and Kyoukai can take anything Reebok has to offer

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:

Quote Originally Posted by Caves View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ousen is the kind of guy that'll never fight a battle he can't win.

And I guarantee Riboku is not stupid enough to miss a nearly 2x number advantage in a battle as crucial as this.

So I highly doubt he's just "lol may wings may save me", he definitely has something up his sleeve, and that something has Commander Killer Unit slapped in its forehead.
    he's counting exclusively on hsu to deal with zhao's finest?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    he's counting exclusively on hsu to deal with zhao's finest?
    I didn't say that.

But his plan probably counts with Shin, at least.

There's a reason he put them where they can't be seen by the enemies.

Maybe it's not enough.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ousen has other retainers close to him. He might have just used his best two offensive units on the flanks with the more defensive fighters in the middle to hold out?

Shin + Kyoukai are great protection for him anyway, although I don't know if Ousen knows to what extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Ousen has other retainers close to him. He might have just used his best two offensive units on the flanks with the more defensive fighters in the middle to hold out?
    if they were any good, they would have been introduced (or at least showed) already, no?

that's why i'm puzzled.

shin has value but he's clearly not enough. If the other sides had to match a young gen captain + a retainer to deal with their enemies, shin can't be enough for a twice as large riboku army.

if they were any good, they would have been introduced (or at least showed) already, no?

that's why i'm puzzled.

shin has value but he's clearly not enough. If the other sides had to match a young gen captain + a retainer to deal with their enemies, shin can't be enough for a twice as large riboku army.
    Zenou and the Saki clan weren't at first - they weren't even in Kanki's first 2 arcs. I think Hara was naming the major players we'll be seeing rather than every notable commander. Either this arc or some point in future we'll see more IMO.

Honestly I don't really know what Ousen's plan is, but remember he doesn't actually need to win here so it's not like he needs to risk. As long as Riboku doesn't get past him + Yotanwa hold out, Qin win.

Zenou and the Saki clan weren't at first - they weren't even in Kanki's first 2 arcs. I think Hara was naming the major players we'll be seeing rather than every notable commander. Either this arc or some point in future we'll see more IMO.
    yeah, but in the arc they were actually doing something (kokuyou), they were introduced before the battle, not in the middle of it. Introducing an Ousen retainer now would make it look like kaku'un, rather than zenou.

yeah, but in the arc they were actually doing something (kokuyou), they were introduced before the battle, not in the middle of it. Introducing an Ousen retainer now would make it look like kaku'un, rather than zenou.
    Ousen's unit isn't in the middle of it, to be fair. They've not done anything yet. I don't think we'll see any more Ousen commanders until a later arc, but when we get to it we'll just have to accept that they were there in the same way Zenou/Saki clan were probably at Sanyou.

Ousen's unit isn't in the middle of it, to be fair. They've not done anything yet. I don't think we'll see any more Ousen commanders until a later arc, but when we get to it we'll just have to accept that they were there in the same way Zenou/Saki clan were probably at Sanyou.
    ousen's unit?

what's happening later is happening later. I meant whether or not he has something to pull in this very battle.

ousen's unit?
    Like the center. Ousen, HSU etc.

what's happening later is happening later. I meant whether or not he has something to pull in this very battle.
    He will have. He'll also have an escape route planned somewhere which we may see IMO. He always has a way out.

honestly i've got no idea honestly.

Riboku can abandon his right wing and go after Ousen, but i'm not sure if it's wise.. Riboku might actually go paranoid to attack Ousen and will just try to help his right wing