Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who else thinks G4 was a mistake?

What do you guys all think about it? Design wise i think it looks cool i like the new abilitys, but power scheme wise its just a disastor. Yet another steriod that luffy has to use it almost feels like he is taking short cuts. Not to mention its a retardly huge power up he goes from being solidly below pre awakening DD to treating post awakening dd like a bug.

Also the better luffy gets at using G4 the more redundant G2/G3 get and basicaily just become glorified fodder control moves.

I fear that G5 is not going to make things better. At least we have Zoro

I don't like how it has let G2/3 and Base Luffy overall pretty underdeveloped. Luffy's growth should come as more balanced and not with spurts and temporary power ups IMO. I wouldn't call it a mistake, but it wasn't something positive either.
    The Greatest Military Strength of The World Government, The Three Admirals!

I never liked it. Oda should've had Luffy work on G2 and G3 to where it would be casually interchangeable then had him develop his haki to G4 levels instead of making an entirely new gear. It just comes off as really lazy.

He should have introduced it later in the story.

It sucks

Judging by how G3 works, G4 should have been invented much earlier since they're both alterations of fuusen. The actual act of blowing air into muscles is no different from basic fuusen (lungs) and G3 (bones). The fact that G4 makes Luffy that strong is where the problem lies. You'd think G4 would be like saline muscle injections and only affects his bounciness, but he gains immense strength and it's bordering nonsensical. It's already nonsense that he can move air though his body with G3 and G4 to begin with.

I don't think it's a mistake since it falls in line with what's already previously established.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

It's alright, but I don't like how second and third gear are pretty much irrelevant right now. At least against stronger characters.

I think it was a mistake having G2/G3 reduced to fodder control, essentially, because of G4. Not that G4 was necessarily a mistake. It shouldn't be that much of a boost over G2/G3.

Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    I love G4. Only slight complaint about is that it makes G2/G3 Luffy kind of look trash but you can argue the former already did that with base Luffy.

i think he should've just made the gears as specializtion.

G2 is the clear fastest
    G3 hits the hardest
    G4 is a bit of both, but is not better than G2/G3 in their fields.

its a mistake

one piss is also a mistake

Trash.

Base luffy is a joke now.

Its sort of like asking who think Super Saiyan 2 is a mistake, it happened you just gotta deal with it

G4 is ugly as fuck

I like G2 because it does not look so exaggerated

But G4...GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
    Its sort of like asking who think Super Saiyan 2 is a mistake, it happened you just gotta deal with it
    but ss2 is beautiful meanwhile g4 is ugly as shit

I don't think it's a mistake,but it makes G2&G3 irrelevant which is sad.

Luffy is supposed to have another G4 form that relies on speed only,right?

G4's not a bad idea at all. In its current state it's kind of whatever and unrefined, yeah, but Luffy should be much more balanced as a fighter when G4 gets added to his 'base' like G2 and G3. Instead of some epic G5 mode, I think Luffy's building up to casual usage of all of his gears instantaneously.

Seamlessly dishing out attacks like Elephant Gatling and Kong Gun at the drop of a hat without shitty time limits is the next step to top tier... now, how he gets to this point is still beyond me, if it even happens. lol

I hate it. Makes Gear 2nd and 3rd nigh useless.

Gear 4th should have been entirely utility.

Gear 1st: Base
    Gear 2nd: Speed, with the cost of stamine
    Gear 3rd: Raw power and size, with the cost of shrinking after use and loss in speed
    Gear 4th: Vulcanization, perhaps with the cost of preventing him from use CoA for a short time afterwards
    Gear 5th: Some sort of CoO enhanced mode with some drawback

That is how is should be IMO. Make each mode so that it gives him a decent boost in one area only, with a mid sized drawback. Make the drawback not so severe that he'd lose the fight for sure afterwards (such as not being able to move after KKG) but also not so tiny that it doesn't hinder him at all after use in a fight.

Instead what we got is just another thoughtless raw power power. One that makes Gear 2nd and 3rd look like trash in comparison and makes his base look even worse. Luffy is weak without his fruit and that is bad writing.

Also, no Gear stacking. Horrible idea.

Yea base luffy is a joke which is just stupid at this rate pirate king luffy will barley be top tier without his fruit

Oda should of made Luffy stronger with G2/G3 and beat Doffy with it.