Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is Reincarnation Real?

Those who have debated with me by now know I like to deal in facts, something that has a frame of reference in reality.
    Faith doesn't appeal to me although it can definitely be inspiring to believe a bunch of things.

So I will present evidence to speculate on the question above while allowing you to draw your own conclusions.

There is a psyciatrist by the name of Jim Tucker who have published the book "Return to Life: Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives" in which he reveals more than a dozen cases of children who remember their past lives in vivid detail and can recount facts known only to that person and their families.

Tucker have researched this phenomena for over 15 years, having followed the footsteps of the late Ian Stevensson who've spent several decades doing research. Between them, Stevensson and Tucker have compiled over 2500 cases.

In 70% of the cases, the person being spoken about usually died violently or unnaturally and in most cases could be identified based on the specificity of the information provided by the children experiencing the memories.

The memories typically fade around the age of 6 according to Tucker and is accompanied by a desire in the children to fully embrace the life they're in now.

"When Ryan was 4, he began directing imaginary movies. Shouts of 'Action!' often echoed from his room. But the play became a concern for Ryan's parents when he began waking up in the middle of the night screaming and clutching his chest, saying he dreamed his heart exploded when he was in Hollywood. His mother asked his doctor about the episodes.

Night terrors, the doctor said. He'll outgrow them. Then one night, as his mother tucked Ryan into bed, Ryan suddenly took hold of her hand. 'Mama,' he said. 'I think I used to be someone else.'
    "He said he remembered a big white house and a swimming pool. It was in Hollywood, many miles from his Oklahoma home. He said he had three sons, but that he couldn't remember their names. He began to cry, asking his mother over and over why he couldn't remember their names.

"'I really didn't know what to do,' she said. 'I was more in shock than anything. He was so insistent about it. After that night, he kept talking about it, kept getting upset about not being able to remember those names. I started researching the Internet about reincarnation. I even got some books from the library on Hollywood, thinking their pictures might help him. I didn't tell anyone for months.'

"One day, as Ryan and his mom paged through one of the Hollywood books, Ryan stopped at a black-and-white still taken from a 1930s movie, Night After Night. Two men in the center of the picture were confronting one another. Four other men surrounded them. His mother didn't recognize any of the faces, but Ryan pointed to one of the men in the middle. 'Hey Mama,' he said. 'That's George. We did a picture together.' His finger then shot over to a man on the right, wearing an overcoat and a scowl. 'That guy's me. I found me!'

"The book didn't provide any names of the actors pictured, but she quickly confirmed that the man Ryan said was 'George' in the photo was indeed a George – George Raft, an all but forgotten film star from the 1930s and 1940s. Still, his mother couldn't identify the man Ryan said had been him. She wrote Tucker, whom she found through her online research, and included the photo. Eventually it ended up in the hands of a film archivist, who, after weeks of research, confirmed the scowling man's name: Martin Martyn, an uncredited extra in the film.

"Not long afterward, Tucker and the family traveled to California to meet Martyn's daughter, who'd been tracked down by researchers working with Tucker on a documentary. Tucker sat down with the woman before her meeting with Ryan. She'd been reluctant to help, but during her talk with Tucker, she confirmed dozens of facts Ryan had given about her father.

"Ryan said he danced in New York. Martyn was a Broadway dancer. Ryan said he was also an 'agent,' and that people where he worked had changed their names. Martyn worked for years at a well-known talent agency in Hollywood – where stage names are often created – after his dancing career ended. Ryan said his old address had 'Rock' in its name. Martyn lived at 825 North Roxbury Drive in Beverly Hills. Ryan said he knew a man named Senator Five. Martyn's daughter said she had a picture of her father with a Senator Ives, Irving Ives, of New York, who served in the U.S. Senate from 1947 to 1959. And yes, Martin Martyn had three sons. The daughter of course knew their names."

http://uvamagazine.org/articles/the_science_of_reincarnation

So it's up to you, do you believe reincarnation is real? I think based on the data that it's a definite possibility.

Draw your own conclusions.
    Last edited by Fabulous; 07-12-2017 at 10:07 PM.

A girl I met in college had a nephew that allegedly had a past life. She isn't religious or spiritual at all, but she swore her nephew was ahead of his time and knew things that are impossible for him to know at his age (9 years old).

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

Nope, it is a one ticket ride

I am Ghaul, and your Light is Mine!

No it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    A girl I met in college had a nephew that allegedly had a past life. She isn't religious or spiritual at all, but she swore her nephew was ahead of his time and knew things that are impossible for him to know at his age (9 years old).
    Do you know what some of these things she claimed he knew were?

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    Nope, it is a one ticket ride
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wick View Post
    No it's not.
    Then how do you explain 2500 cases of children as young as 2 years of age recounting events which should be impossible for them to know anything about?

There are some strange cases, there is one of a kid that knew where his kidnaped corpse was (the one of his past life) and said who killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    There are some strange cases, there is one of a kid that knew where his kidnaped corpse was (the one of his past life) and said who killed him.
    I've only read two to three stories, where did you read that?

That's crazy.

Red Hero Rax, The Infinite Hero's Avatar
    It's actually the only religious thing I believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post

Then how do you explain 2500 cases of children as young as 2 years of age recounting events which should be impossible for them to know anything about?
    when you die you only go one place either a hole in the ground or an oven. your brains electrical impulses that are your soul and mind cannot transcend time and space this isn't star wars.

Like names of dead relatives and he knew about their house in Illinois before they moved to Florida. My friend's family moved to Florida even before she was born and she's 26. She also told me he did poorly in school because he already knew most of what was being taught and he got bored with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo, that's definitely crazy.

At least he got the chance to start his life over.

I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Like names of dead relatives and he knew about their house in Illinois before they moved to Florida. My friend's family moved to Florida even before she was born and she's 26. She also told me he did poorly in school because he already knew most of what was being taught and he got bored with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo, that's definitely crazy.

At least he got the chance to start his life over.
    http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/3.../1/362676.html

Yes
    People need to realize that life isn't just "live your life then go to your hole"
    There are some stuff that are simply unexplainable

when you die you only go one place either a hole in the ground or an oven. your brains electrical impulses that are your soul and mind cannot transcend time and space this isn't star wars.
    You're making alot of assumptions right now.

First of all, we don't know if a soul exist(I believe it does) but if it does I doubt it would only be our electrical impulses in our brain.
    I like to think of a soul like the driver in a car, you can look at every small mechanism that makes up the entire car, the car could be brand new and complete yet it can only work if there is a driver behind the wheel. In the same way the body(the car/vehicle) cannot function if the driver doesn't start the car.

In essence I'm saying the soul might be connected to the body but is not dependant on the body for its existance and may never be found despite looking through every cell, every atom in a human body.

However, even if we ignored the above, in what other way could you explain the cases I described if it's not due to reincarnation?
    Last edited by Fabulous; 07-12-2017 at 10:44 PM.

As someone of Indian descent I can't read that article without taking off my adblocker dafuq is going on here, also Indians love tis kind of shit because re incarnation plays a big part in hinduism so finding shit that backs up their religion is like gold for their journalists.

As someone of Indian descent I can't read that article without taking off my adblocker dafuq is going on here, also Indians love tis kind of shit because re incarnation plays a big part in hinduism so finding shit that backs up their religion is like gold for their journalists.
    I am only sharing the stories I have read, being it real or not is another thing

You're making alot of assumptions right now.

First of all, we don't know if a soul exist(I believe it does) but if it does I doubt it would only be our electrical impulses in our brain.
    I like to think of a soul like the driver in a car, you can look at every small mechanism that makes up the entire car but without it can only work if there is someone driving it. In the same way the body(the car/vehicle) cannot function if the driver doesn't start the car.

In essence I'm saying the soul might be connected to the body but is not dependant on the body for its existance.

However, even if we ignored the above, in what other way could you explain the cases I described if it's not due to reincarnation?
    because that's 2500 cases out of how many people have died over the years? Billions it's either lucky or someone's fully dedicated to the prank.

- - - Updated - - -

I am only sharing the stories I have read, being it real or not is another thing
    fair enough, I mean my mum believes in all of this stuff and tried her best to get me to believe in it too (I'm an atheist) I can understand why people would believe this since it's a nicer alternative to when you're dead you go into the ground and rot.

I honestly don't like to be closed to the possibility.

I have a birth mark on my left arm. Maybe I also had a past life. I don't remember anything, but older people in my life like aunts, uncles, and people at my Church tell me I have an "old soul". Whatever that means.

It just sounds too wishful for it to be a real thing

It just sounds too wishful for it to be a real thing
    That's what they said about 3D printers