Red Hero Rax, The Infinite Hero's Avatar
    I was waiting for you to catch up.

I'm ready more in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Infinite Hero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was waiting for you to catch up.

I'm ready more in a few hours.
    okay

Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Don't read it. Watch it. At least for the first two seasons.

“Most men die at 25… we just don’t bury them until they are 70."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    Is it seriously that great? How does it compare to another sports anime, such as Kuroko no Basket? Also, you may not remember, but you told me to watch Shingeki no Kyojin, and I did and it was amazing. So thank you for urging me to watch it.

When is he getting a racing bike?!

Quote Originally Posted by General Zu View Post
    Is it seriously that great? How does it compare to another sports anime, such as Kuroko no Basket? Also, you may not remember, but you told me to watch Shingeki no Kyojin, and I did and it was amazing. So thank you for urging me to watch it.
    Some of the OSTs are pretty damn mean. Also, the animation is really slick for the most part. Yowamushi is my 2nd favourite sport series, (Eyeshield 21's manga is my favourite) and I feel the first two seasons have some marvelous races.

KnB has its merits, but personally I enjoyed watching Yowamushi more - although the duels between the aces in KnB were excellent. My favourite thing about Yowamushi is that unlike KnB, it doesn't just focus on the aces. The whole team gets a very solid focus and they don't gain supernatural abilities. Still, they do perform some epic superhuman feats quite regularly.

Glad you enjoyed it. Have you seen Season 2. I even started watching reactions because how hype some of those episodes were.

-- Benjamin Franklin

I did say he could watch the first two then start reading where the manga leaves off, but he chose the manga route.

- - - Updated - - -

It is. It's wonderful. KnB is actually kind of mediocre in my opinion, but it had hefty competition in my eyes since sports is the genre I read the most from. It's enjoyable taken on it's own terms, but it has a lot of borrowed elements from other series, like the misdirection thing which is at the core of the series. Overall KnB is like a 7/10. Yowamushi Pedal is a hard 10/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Infinite Hero View Post
    When is he getting a racing bike?!
    Around the time of the first year welcome race arc.

@Rax, The Infinite Hero; dammit rax watch the anime. it's good shit.

-- Benjamin Franklin

Some of the OSTs are pretty damn mean. Also, the animation is really slick for the most part. Yowamushi is my 2nd favourite sport series, (Eyeshield 21's manga is my favourite) and I feel the first two seasons have some marvelous races.

KnB has its merits, but personally I enjoyed watching Yowamushi more - although the duels between the aces in KnB were excellent. My favourite thing about Yowamushi is that unlike KnB, it doesn't just focus on the aces. The whole team gets a very solid focus and they don't gain supernatural abilities. Still, they do perform some epic superhuman feats quite regularly.

Glad you enjoyed it. Have you seen Season 2. I even started watching reactions because how hype some of those episodes were.
    Good music in anime is always much appreciated. Anyways, I guess I'll have to try it then. I really liked KnB, so if you're saying this one is just as good, if not better, I guess it's a must watch. I've heard some great things about Eyeshield 21. It's about baseball right?

Thanks man and yeah I'm fully caught up. I'm not sure if I've ever been so enthralled by a story. Plus the animation is gorgeous.I've heard the anime only covers half of the current manga so far. Is that true? And I don't blame ya man, it's been a crazy ride so far haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    I did say he could watch the first two then start reading where the manga leaves off, but he chose the manga route.

- - - Updated - - -

It is. It's wonderful. KnB is actually kind of mediocre in my opinion, but it had hefty competition in my eyes since sports is the genre I read the most from. It's enjoyable taken on it's own terms, but it has a lot of borrowed elements from other series, like the misdirection thing which is at the core of the series. Overall KnB is like a 7/10. Yowamushi Pedal is a hard 10/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Around the time of the first year welcome race arc.
    Jesus, that's some serious hype. Yeah I'm going to start it soon then.
    Last edited by General Zu; 07-18-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Jesus, that's some serious hype. Yeah I'm going to start it soon then.
    I recommend you start with the anime, watch the first 2 seaons, and then continue with the manga.

The only negative thing I can think of is that the art is unique and may not be to everyone's liking. Personally I like it. It's different and interesting with some of the characters having unforgettable designs.

Good music in anime is always much appreciated. Anyways, I guess I'll have to try it then. I really liked KnB, so if you're saying this one is just as good, if not better, I guess it's a must watch. I've heard some great things about Eyeshield 21. It's about baseball right?

Thanks man and yeah I'm fully caught up. I'm not sure if I've ever been so enthralled by a story. Plus the animation is gorgeous.I've heard the anime only covers half of the current manga so far. Is that true? And I don't blame ya man, it's been a crazy ride so far haha
    yeah watch it. Funnily enough, it did a great job of making me root for the protagonist team's main rival Hakone. And the end of the 2nd day of the Inter High is

lol no it's about American Football. I hate American Football, but Eyeshield's in my top 5 favourite series so I think that speaks volumes of its quality.

I don't read the manga, but from what i've gathered it's true. I've heard people saying they expect a fifth season is necessary to catch up to the current point in the manga. so tempting to read the manga, but when i started reading after season 1 i found it boring. Yet the part i read was done amazingly in the anime, so I'll just wait for next year's season. If you want something else that's gorgeous (and fun to watch) check out One Punch Man. The manga's beautiful as well so you'll have no problem catching up once you finished the anime.

-- Benjamin Franklin

yeah watch it. Funnily enough, it did a great job of making me root for the protagonist team's main rival Hakone. And the end of the 2nd day of the Inter High is

lol no it's about American Football. I hate American Football, but Eyeshield's in my top 5 favourite series so I think that speaks volumes of its quality.

I don't read the manga, but from what i've gathered it's true. I've heard people saying they expect a fifth season is necessary to catch up to the current point in the manga. so tempting to read the manga, but when i started reading after season 1 i found it boring. Yet the part i read was done amazingly in the anime, so I'll just wait for next year's season. If you want something else that's gorgeous (and fun to watch) check out One Punch Man. The manga's beautiful as well so you'll have no problem catching up once you finished the anime.
    Always funny when a manga/anime does that. Makes me excited to start it

Lol, oh, I was pretty off with that and that's crazy. I'm not sure I could watch anything involving something I hate

Yeah, I think the manga is on Chapter 9X and I heard the anime was somewhere in the 50s, but I wasn't sure. I feel like a fifth season would be too much. Maybe two more to catch up to where it is currently since it took two seasons to cover roughly 50? Anyways, that's a bummer. What makes the anime so much more exciting in your opinion? And yeah I've seen the first season of OPM. I'm hesitant to start the manga, because I've already been waiting so long for the second season to come out. Shouldn't it be out soon? It's been a few years and I'm starting to get a bit impatient, to be honest haha.

I'm reading the manga though

I recommend you start with the anime, watch the first 2 seaons, and then continue with the manga.

The only negative thing I can think of is that the art is unique and may not be to everyone's liking. Personally I like it. It's different and interesting with some of the characters having unforgettable designs.
    Thanks for the advice.

I'm fine with weird art styles as long as the animation in the anime isn't like JJBA or Kill la Kill.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm fine with weird art styles as long as the animation in the anime isn't like JJBA or Kill la Kill.
    I haven't seen those, but the animation is very good.

I would like to watch JJBA eventually. I'm not gonna watch Kill la Kill. The synopsis doesn't interest me.

I haven't seen those, but the animation is very good.

I would like to watch JJBA eventually. I'm not gonna watch Kill la Kill. The synopsis doesn't interest me.
    Awesome.

Yeah, I've heard it was amazing, but I think I'll just stick to the manga when I get around to it. I only watched one episode of Kill la Kill, but the animation threw me off.

Awesome.

Yeah, I've heard it was amazing, but I think I'll just stick to the manga when I get around to it. I only watched one episode of Kill la Kill, but the animation threw me off.
    the main character wearing little to no clothing is what deters me from KLK

- - - Updated - - -

you can see some of the animation there

the main character wearing little to no clothing is what deters me from KLK

- - - Updated - - -

you can see some of the animation there
    Yeah, that's understandable.

That animation is gorgeous. Which studio is it?

Yeah, that's understandable.

That animation is gorgeous. Which studio is it?
    Producers: TOHO animation, Akita Shoten
    Studios: TMS Entertainment