Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Whitebeard has never received the title of WSC, while Kaido has. So according to this logic, it should be Kaido > Whitebeard right ?
    No, what are you talking about?
    Kaido's title doesn't include Whitebeard, because Whitebeard isn't a living thing. He's dead.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    No, what are you talking about?
    Kaido's title doesn't include Whitebeard, because Whitebeard isn't a living thing. He's dead.
    He is saying, since Whitebeard was the strongest guy around after Roger's death, why didn't he recieve the WSC title but WSM instead. Kinda bothers me to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Tigerclaw View Post
    He is saying, since Whitebeard was the strongest guy around after Roger's death, why didn't he recieve the WSC title but WSM instead. Kinda bothers me to this question.
    Whitebeard presumably was the strongest living thing. But it's easier and more natural just to call him the strongest man, because most of his competition was other men (I doubt Kaido was very close to him at the time, and I don't know if Zunisha is close to him either).

Here's an analogy. Suppose you think that Einstein was the smartest man in his time. You could also call him the world's smartest living thing, but you wouldn't bother, because he's competing with humans.

Kaido gets called the strongest living thing because he can't have the strongest man title, since he's not a man.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Whitebeard presumably was the strongest living thing. But it's easier and more natural just to call him the strongest man, because most of his competition was other men (I doubt Kaido was very close to him at the time, and I don't know if Zunisha is close to him either).

Here's an analogy. Suppose you think that Einstein was the smartest man in his time. You could also call him the world's smartest living thing, but you wouldn't bother, because he's competing with humans.

Kaido gets called the strongest living thing because he can't have the strongest man title, since he's not a man.
    Makes sense. I get the analogy and all that. What bothered me was the bolded part really. If we consider Kaido to be human or some other race.

Makes sense. I get the analogy and all that. What bothered me was the bolded part really. If we consider Kaido to be human or some other race.
    We know he's not human. Nami stated he's not.

I see. Thanks for clearing things out Barrel.

So she nows that he's not human from who?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro1 View Post
    So she nows that he's not human from who?
    From Law.

Kaido high-diffs.

Garp may have stated that all Yonkos are considered equals, but that was a long time ago and it's only a characters statement about what people consider.
    Kaido is also considered to be the strongest by people, but that info was given in an infobox (infobox>garp) and it's more recent.

IMO Akainu and Kuzan were portrayed as nearly equals, that's why the fight was extreme diff. Big Moms portrayal wasn't nearly equal to Kaidos. She stomped a bunch of giants being 5yo and was described as almost invulnerable and unstopable while in rage modus, pretty impressive ok.
    But Kaido was described as literally invulnerable, to point that out Oda made him even wanting to kill himself. His strength was also highlighted (strongest creature) and people are supposed to bet on him if its a 1vs1.
    Kaidos portrayal > Big Moms portrayal.

Also, the bet-part is pretty clear to me. There is no "sure bet" when your side wins with extreme diff.
    In a league with a bunch of sportsmen, a top-player with 3 equals which he can only beat with extreme-diff isn't a sure bet at all.

Wouldn't it make sense if he also has some kind of fishmen blood? Would be a bit awkward if Kaido didn't think about drowning himself if he can't breath under water...
    Last edited by Mr.Mort; 07-04-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mort View Post
    Kaido high-diffs.
    Garp may have stated that all Yonkos are considered equals, but that was a long time ago and it's only a characters statement about what people consider.
    Kaido is also considered to be the strongest by people, but that info was given in an infobox (infobox>garp) and it's more recent.
    IMO Akainu and Kuzan were portrayed as nearly equals, that's why the fight was extreme diff. Big Moms portrayal wasn't nearly equal to Kaidos. She stomped a bunch of giants being 5yo and was described as almost invulnerable and unstopable while in rage modus, pretty impressive ok.
    But Kaido was described as literally invulnerable, to point that out Oda made him even wanting to kill himself. His strength was also highlighted (strongest creature) and people are supposed to bet on him if its a 1vs1.
    Also, the bet-part is pretty clear to me. There is no "sure bet" when your side wins with extreme diff.
    In a league with a bunch of sportsmen, a top-player with 3 equals which he can only beat with extreme-diff isn't a sure bet at all.
    Wouldn't it make sense if he also has some kind of fishmen blood? Would be a bit awkward if Kaido didn't think about drowning himself if he can't breath under water...
    Garp was talking about the power of the yonkou, not their individual strength. They're "the four most powerful pirates", "on the same level". We already know that they're not all equals in strength, and that they're not the four strongest pirates.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaido did try drowning himself, and it didn't work. Maybe his lung capacity is too great, and he got bored. Or maybe his immortality prevented him from dying or something.

And yeah,

"None can doubt that in a one on one fight, Kaido will always be the victor"

pretty much means that it's not an extreme diff fight.
    Last edited by barreltheif; 07-04-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Big Mom by a mile. Both have pretty high durabilty but if Kaidous spirit waves at any given moment she will lrobably take his soul. Plus she has a DF, as far as brute strenght. BM was burning down Elbaf at age 5.

- - - Updated - - -

No she didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mort View Post
    Kaido high-diffs.

The problem is Kaido showed unlike Jack no Fishmen traits and not even his teeths are suspicious. Maybe Kaido is the strongest and rarest breed of a Race mixed with the greatest Mythical Zoan that has a special ability among Zoans like Blackbeards Darkness fruit has among other logias.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    I didn't say mid diff overall you dishonest fucking cunt

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaido did try drowning himself, and it didn't work. Maybe his lung capacity is too great, and he got bored. Or maybe his immortality prevented him from dying or something.
    haha that could actually really be the case, would be Odas style

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro1 View Post
    The problem is Kaido showed unlike Jack no Fishmen traits and not even his teeths are suspicious. Maybe Kaido is the strongest and rarest breed of a Race mixed with the greatest Mythical Zoan that has a special ability among Zoans like Blackbeards Darkness fruit has among other logias.
    you're right
    Last edited by Mr.Mort; 07-05-2017 at 02:19 AM.

Who actually said this? If it was just 'people', then take it as hype that may or not be true since it sounds more like reputation/legend surrounding him, rather than cannon fact. Unless it was specifically stated by Oda or characters of note.

I can't remember so....

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Who actually said this? If it was just 'people', then take it as hype that may or not be true since it sounds more like reputation/legend surrounding him, rather than cannon fact. Unless it was specifically stated by Oda or characters of note.
    I can't remember so....
    Nope, it was the narrator.
    Narrator: None can doubt that in a one on one fight, Kaido will always be the victor.

Garp was talking about the power of the yonkou, not their individual strength. They're "the four most powerful pirates", "on the same level". We already know that they're not all equals in strength, and that they're not the four strongest pirates.

And yeah,

What do you mean by "they're not the four strongest pirates"?

Kaido middling high diff.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zu View Post
    What do you mean by "they're not the four strongest pirates"?
    Was there something unclear? Garp said they're the four most powerful and equal in power, but not that they're equal in strength or the four strongest. We know that WB > Kaido > the others, and that Mihawk > Shanks.

Mihawk > Shanks.

Shanks's rivals ;

Whitebeard

Kaido

Akainu

Mihawk's rivals ;

You need to be incredibly dense to not see the huge fucking difference here.
    Last edited by Erkan12; 07-05-2017 at 06:33 PM.