View Poll Results: rate the chapter

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    0 0%
  • 2/5

    0 0%
  • 3/5

    1 5.00%
  • 4/5

    9 45.00%
  • 5/5

    10 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21
    so according to the new chapter

    Mouten > Ousen >>>> Kisui

    obviously a joke since Ousen doesn't fully comprehend Mouten's ability while Mouten have better grasp on everyone's ability

  2. #22
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,507
    the fact riboku still hasn't been shown is good imo

    it makes it look like ousen's going out of his way to annihilate kisui, but riboku isn't even concerned


  3. #23
    ahahahahaha giantbiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have already lost 5k and will lose more by the time Batei joins the fray, and they are barely holding up against Makou's 20k offensive while Mouten and his nearly untouched Gaku Ka unit are free to roam as was explained. He reacted well but he remains in a very perilous situation and Zhao's right flank will surely be pressured
    Well, i disagree. Kisui's HQ of 14k moral are now very high because of Kisui's reassuring speech just now. I doubt that they will be overwhelmed that easily.

    And Baite is super strong, he has 90 str, even Mouten is wary of his strength, the moment his 10k hit the Qin's 10k infantry then the Qin will be the one to suffer great loss of men.

    And it's not like Gaku Ka unit will just low-diff Kisui, even if Mouten wins this it will be an extreme-diff fight.


  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mouten looks rather bloated, kinda fat -> enormous dehype, yet the last page refills ;)
    Mouten is finally developing that Mou family muscle.

  5. #25
    say-and-sing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    here tokay
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysthelimit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mouten is finally developing that Mou family muscle.
    Not like this - I hope his father tells him some real weight gain tricks.


  6. #26
    Once again, Mouten is showing himself to be the "most perfect" amongst the new generation which isn't surprising as his perception and tactics always seemed to be on a higher level than Ouhon's and Shin. IMO Mouten should definitely be the first among them to become a general

  7. #27
    Without Batei, Mouten should be able to take Kisui without too much problem as long as he play his strategy right.

    Mouten is 89 while Kisui is 86. it's more or less the same odds with Shin vs Keisha. With Gaku ka being in a much better position to attack Kisui compared to HSU vs Keisha.

    Gaku ka is a unit whose very easy to be buffed via morale swing anyway. That much has been proven in Sanyou. Seeing Mouten desire a general head and stealing the spotlight from the Qin's "left wing" army, then Gaku ka will obviously has a morale boost that can offset Kisui's morale boost.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mouten looks rather bloated, kinda fat -> enormous dehype, yet the last page refills ;)

    So basically massive hype for Qin so that next chapter Riboku's counterstrike gets even more... kinda underneath the underneath reloaded.
    that fat will make it easier for him to parry/deflect attacks

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not like this - I hope his father tells him some real weight gain tricks.
    Next time skip he'll basically look like a pretty boy version of Moubu

  9. #29
    ahahahahaha giantbiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,536
    I think Reebok will send 10k under Kinmou to aid Kisui, he will still have 50k to surround Ousen's 38k

    Left:
    Mouten vs Kisui
    Makou vs Baite + Kinmou

    Center:
    Kyokai vs Futei the Ninja
    Shin vs Great Heaven's deputy
    Reebok + his girlfriend vs Ousen



  10. #30
    there's no guarantee that the center battlefield will go with an all out battle in the first day tbh...

    actually, we never see an all out battle on first day other than some very rare cases.

  11. #31
    I'm hoping Mouten takes Kisui's head by the end of this.

    Shin basically gets spoonfed important kills every battle and Ouhon scored Earl Shi. Mouten needs to score himself a noteworthy kill and Kisui would be satisfactory enough.

  12. #32
    ahahahahaha giantbiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hoping Mouten takes Kisui's head by the end of this.

    Shin basically gets spoonfed important kills every battle and Ouhon scored Earl Shi. Mouten needs to score himself a noteworthy kill and Kisui would be satisfactory enough.
    What's Batei gonna do if his only friend die


  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by giantbiceps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's Batei gonna do if his only friend die
    he can go suicide or join the next Zhao general that will die. you know... make it a running gag that every general that operates with him dies

  14. #34
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,399

  15. #35
    The chapter gives mad hype to Mouten as to be expected given how long he has not been in the spot light.

    Kisui doing alright for now and I like how he has full grasp of the situation he finds himself in and how it came about and also on what currently threatens his life and the fate of his army on their battlefield.

    It was also good to see Makou acknowledging his error in judging Mouten's ability, his lackey's remarks about the Kisui army were uncalled for though.

    Also why is it that most people are expecting Riboku to reinforce the Kisui army so as to save them from their disadvantageous position.

    I personally think Riboku would appear weak or something if he actually did that, given that he and Ousen already played their hands for Kisui's flank. I mean he choose to take Ousen's bait to attack his left wing and had entrusted that role to Kisui him meddling in now with things as they are would not be good for him and the Zhao.

  16. #36
    Cheif of Wisdom Amol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    346
    I am not sure how I feel about this whole situation. I guess that depends upon how Riboku reacts.
    I need this war to be bloody, dangerous and of high stakes from both side.
    Qin is still getting things done too easily. I want oh shit moment from Qin side. Victory would not feel satisfying if Qin win this easily.
    To give Hara credit, he didn't completely shit on Kisui . He actually came as somewhat competent in this chapter. Hope he becomes Mouten's Rinko I.e., one of the toughest fight in his life.

  17. #37
    Mouten and Ouhon are so far ahead of Shin it's kinda gay.





  18. #38
    Excellent chapter. It's great to see Ousen realise he underestimated Mouten.

    A few predictions as a result of this chapter:

    1) Ousen will be on the defensive against Riboku in the centre. Makou said that his army has the best attack in Ousen's army, which leads me to believe, with the exception of Akou and his men, the remainder of Ousen's army will be defensive. Their plan is to hold the centre until the battles and the left and right wings are won, and those armies can then flank around and surround Riboku's HQ. Shin will be then sent to snipe Riboku.

    2) Makou will die in this battle. Mouten will rush Kisui in the next chapter, but Makou will not want to let the youngster get the scalp of the enemy general, so he will also push his troops forward towards Kisui's HQ. He'll then run in to Batei and the two big men will fight. The fight will be very even until Batei gives some spiel about Rigan and finds his inner strength to just about vanquish Makou. However Batei's wound prevent him from doing much else in the battle, which leaves Kisui up to Mouten.

    3) For the next campaign all three of Mouten, Shin and Ouhon will be made Generals. The campaign will be against Yan/Ordo and Ousen will recommend that Mouten lead the army, accompanied by Generals Shin, Ouhon and Heki.
    Only in the white of the eyes can both light and dark be found.

  19. #39
    say-and-sing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    here tokay
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysthelimit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Next time skip he'll basically look like a pretty boy version of Moubu
    This is getting worse and worse by the post

    Quote Originally Posted by Amol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need this war to be bloody, dangerous and of high stakes from both side.
    [...]
    He actually came as somewhat competent in this chapter. Hope he becomes Mouten's Rinko I.e., one of the toughest fight in his life.
    Yes and YES! A lot of flesh flying and feelings


  20. #40
    More delayed Riboku's appearance is, the more it proves how fragile the hype pedestal Ousen is standing on.

    I sincerely didn't expect Mouten to be that good at reading Ousen, though. Is he better than Ouhon in strategical capability?

    I am still wondering if Hi Shin unit is being sent as a part of the waves(which would be the height of folly) or being sent to intercept reinforcement from Riboku as logic dictates. It appears Kishu will lose badly in this arc, whether he lives to see another day or not. I wonder how Riboku will balance the scale. Since Ouhon is going against relatively unnamed Zhao generals, Riboku only has his opponent Ousen's main army to deal and turn the tide of the battle and of course his hidden card Houken hiding somewhere.

    If I am to make a guess, he might send Houken to Hi Shin unit to save Kishu or more likely send him to Ouhon to make Ouhon's defeat seem reasonable. With that circumstance it makes more sense if Riboku wins the battle.

    Lastly, I realize how unrealistic and far-fetched kingdoms battle portrayals are compared to historical battles. I've studied military warfare in ancient China and records don't give us much to go on due to how neglectful those were about battle details. We don't have single record of Bai Qi(Hakuki), considered one of the best generals in Chinese history, of how exactly battles were fought, what formations were used, how army maneuvered and etc; the same goes for other lesser generals.

    The way battles are fought in Kindom reminds me a lot of battles in pre-Mongolian invasion-Japan where many battles involved duels, but besides that not much resemblance to anything in history. I guess it still makes a good or arguably a better story in Kingdom with how complex and tricky battle tactics are. In real life battles tended to be a lot messier and unpredictable in every aspect that even the best of the best generals such as Hannibal, Napoleon, Caesars, etc had come across numerous situations they could not possibly anticipate pre-battle, contrast to what Ousen did in this chapter. Depicting battles more realistically would have removed much of aura and characters these generals have in Kingdom.
    Last edited by coocoodas; 06-25-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •