Which Superman can fight Oryx toe to toe?

As the thread states, which Superman can go against Oryx at his prime toe to toe, on equal grounds?

Speed Equalized

bloodlust

- - - Updated - - -
    @Makenzye;

I am Ghaul, and your Light is Mine!

There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Either the version of Superman would be way too powerful or not powerful enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either the version of Superman would be way too powerful or not powerful enough.
    Ok, what stats are either supermans at if i may ask?

Superman officially has never maxxed out his strength to a number but instead trades them in for humongous feats of power such as moving around planets or solar systems, pushing planets out of suns, withstanding galaxy destroying explosions, cruising through black holes, having heat vision that's "hotter than we can measure, and we can measure stars," having undefined speeds. The big plod in this is Superman almost never does it by character design.

- - - Updated - - -

DC has what I believe is an official edict that disallows any writer to put a number on Superman's maximum strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Superman officially has never maxxed out his strength to a number but instead trades them in for humongous feats of power such as moving around planets or solar systems, pushing planets out of suns, withstanding galaxy destroying explosions, cruising through black holes, having heat vision that's "hotter than we can measure, and we can measure stars," having undefined speeds. The big plod in this is Superman almost never does it by character design.

- - - Updated - - -

DC has what I believe is an official edict that disallows any writer to put a number on Superman's maximum strength.
    Understandable considering who Superman is

- - - Updated - - -

As a character

Unless I'm mistaken, Silver Age Supes & Superman Prime are both at least galaxy level+. They might actually be universe busters, they have some pretty broken hax as well

Quote Originally Posted by ravemastersieg View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, Silver Age Supes & Superman Prime are both at least galaxy level+. They might actually be universe busters, they have some pretty broken hax as well
    Those characters are strictly written as the plot demands them to be. Silver Age Supes was sort of the Dragon Ball/DBZ/DBSuper of his day. Before there was the Shonen Arms Race there was the Superman Arms Race, where Superman writers only had one method of challenging Superman: Making his enemies stronger and with more hax. The only way to combat this? Make Superman even MORE stronger with specific anti-hax or greater hax of his own. And even when the writers would try to challenge him as a character they wouldn't really change their response. This would result in a bizarre medley of superpowers such as super-crochet, splitting himself up in more than one way, time travel, ventriloquism, shapeshifting, being a general asshole, super telepathy, super hypnotism, the odd ability to marry Lois off to a gorilla every few months, the ability to speak any language, genius beyond human comprehension, treat "Superman's best friend," Jimmy Olsen like garbage to teach him a lesson, literally wipe memories through kissing, perform any human task as a super task including math, and several others I'm just straight up forgetting because Superman during that time had nothing even close resembling a standardized power set and commonly these powers might show up once or twice and then be completely forgotten.

When authors just didn't know how they were going to raise the stakes for Superman, they really just tried to throw something "outside of his league" at him and then quickly realized they had no freaking clue what they were doing and shifted gears in the opposite direction by giving Superman tools to handle that very problem.

So when people talk about the "sanctity" of the Silver Age, just remember that Superman once made Lois black so she could learn a valuable lesson about race. And then later on probably married her to a gorilla for the twentieth time. Or then reversed his age so she would have to raise him as a baby while Lana Lang crowed that she didn't get stuck with baby Superman.

Or how Pa Kent was always paranoid that people might somehow find out about super baby.

Or the fact the Silver Age actually produced stories about Super Baby.
    Last edited by Makenzye; 06-19-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Well I guess Galaxy level Superman would be able to take Oryx

Bump