Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

TMF's The Walking Dead: CYOA

If you don't know how this goes, just read my full post and pick one of the choices at the end. After enough time has passed, I'll continue the story according to whichever option got the most votes. I just decided to make this on a whim so don't expect quality storytelling lol.

The Story So Far

Ten months into the apocalypse, you wander the world alone. You used to be part of a large community, but that is a thing of the past. All you have in your possession now are the clothes you wear, a machete (which you know how to use) and a pistol with only three bullets. You have no food, no water. Haven't eaten or drank anything in two days. You must find something soon or you're a goner.

The Present Day

Chapter 1: The Old Man
    You walk into a deserted town, hoping to scavenge whatever you can find. As you're about to search the first building, you hear a gunshot in the alleyway next to it. You look across and see an elderly man with a gun surrounded by several walkers, and he appears to be out of bullets. He sees you.

''Hey, you!'' The man calls out to you, ''You mind helping me out here? I've got a bunch of comics hidden nearby, I'll share them if you want!''

Normally dealing with this many walkers wouldn't be a problem, but you are weakened by your lack of food and water, and one mistake means death. The walkers have yet to notice your presence, so you could simply sneak away, but the man will surely die if you do not intervene. Do you:

A/ Attempt to save the man
    B/ Walk away
    C/ Use one of your three bullets to put him out of his misery

Chapter 2: The First Ally
    You have chosen A/ Attempt to save the man

There's always strength in numbers. Also, free comics.

You rush into the alleyway, grabbing hold of your machete. You kill a few of them before your weakened state affects your fighting ability. Fortunately, the elderly man uses his gun as a melee weapon to bash some heads in. The two of you manage to take them all out without getting bitten.

''Thanks a bunch.'' The man says, shaking your hand, ''The name's Makenzye, but you can call me Mak. C'mon, I'll show you my stash. Don't bother with the other buildings, they're all cleared out.''

You are now friends with Mak

You and Mak enter the building on the far side of the town, where he shows you his stash of comics. On the covers you see Superman, Spiderman, and several other superheroes you don't recognise. No Batman, though.

''I'll let you read some later, but right now it looks like you need something to drink. I was heading towards a nearby community before those walkers caught up to me. I hear it's pretty big and well-protected. They'll probably have food or water for you, and it shouldn't be far from here. Want to come with?''

You now desperately need water. Mak says this town has nothing left, but he may have not checked every building. On the other hand, this community Mak mentions may be your best chance at survival, but if it doesn't exist, you won't have the strength to return here. Do you:

A/ Stay in the town and search for supplies
    B/ Join Mak and set off to find the community
    C/ Kill Mak, steal his comics and then decide what to do

Chapter 3: Conflict Incarnate
    You have chosen B/ Join Mak and set off to find the community.

Searching the town would likely be a waste of time, and this very old guy's idea is your only alternative. You agree to his plan.

'Great' he says, 'Off we go then.'

You walk out of town without searching any of the buildings.

A few minutes later, you decide to ask Mak why he didn't have any Batman comics. This kicks off a 20 minute rant about how it's the Batman fanbase which ruins Batman.

Mak's rant has severely weakened you.

After Mak has finished, you can see a large wall up head, curving outwards. Likely protecting the community Mak had mentioned earlier. But by this point you are so weak that you need to lean on Mak's shoulder to continue onwards. You head for the wall.

'Stop!' someone calls from above.

You look up and see a man standing on top of the wall, holding a sniper rifle. Also, he is wearing bright yellow pants.

'Please, young man, let us inside.' Mak calls desperately, ' This man needs water immediately!'

The man on the wall pauses. It's hard to tell from this distance, but you believe he might actually be smiling, 'Sorry friend, we've already got too many people in our group as it is. Buuuut since I'm a nice guy, I'll let just one of you inside. So who's it going to be?'

Mak turns to you without hesitation and says, 'You go in, buddy. Don't worry, I'll be fine.'

Mak will likely die if left alone out here, as he has no bullets in his gun and no other weapons. On the other hand, you chances of survival out here are even smaller because of your health. Either way, whoever doesn't get inside is probably a goner.

A/ Join the community yourself
    B/ Insist that Mak joins the community
    C/ Walk away with Mak and try to find somewhere else

Chapter 4: Enter Temeffia
    You have chosen B/ Insist that Mak joins the community.

You don't have it in you to sacrifice an innocent life to save yourself, so you choose for Mak to enter in your place.

''What? No, not a chance.'' Mak argues when he hears you decision. You push him forward towards the entrance. He turns to you and is about to argue further, when you hear laughing from above you.

''I was just messing with you guys.'' Yellow Pants says, once he finishes laughing, ''Of course you can both join us. I just wanted to see what kind of people you were. And you both pass my test. Come on in.''

He calls to someone behind the wall, and a few moments later the large gates open up. You and Mak make your way inside, you still leaning on Mak's shoulder

''You look like you could use this.'' Yellow Pants says as he gets down to ground level, holding out a bottle of water. You grab it and gulp it all down in seconds. That should keep you going for a while. ''The name's Avalon, by the way. Welcome to Temeffia.''

''Alright, all newbies have gotta meet the Boss right away, one at a time, so you come with me geezer. And you-'' he says, pointing at you, ''stay around this area and I'll come back for you. That was impressive by the way, taking the fall for your friend out there. You have my respect.''

You are now friends with Avalon

''See ya later, man.'' Mak calls out, as he and Ava walk away towards the centre of the community.

You have some time to kill. Taking a careful look around, you can see the place is bustling with activity. There are people everywhere, casually going about their business. You turn and see a new fellow taking Ava's place on guard duty on the wall. All the shops and buildings remain intact, as if the apocalypse hasn't even reached this place yet. Three places in particular catch your eye.

First is the building that is easily the largest in the nearby area. The letters 'MMA' are engraved in large on the front. You can see someone shadow boxing inside.

Second is a medium sized, modern building a good distance from the others. The words 'THIRD BASE' can be seen above the door, with a poster of a bass guitar next to it. The windows are tinted so you can't see inside.

Finally, there's a small, rickety shack with a strange symbol on the front. Above the symbol are the words 'FAIRY TAIL'. It has no windows.

Ava will be back soon, so you'll only have time to check out one of these locations. Do you:

A/ Enter the MMA centre
    B/ Enter the Third Base shop
    C/ Enter the Fairy Tail shack

Chapter 5: Meet the Boss
    You have chosen B/ Enter the Third Base shop

Because... why not?

You walk to the door and knock lightly. No answer. You knock again, louder this time. Still no answer. Frustrated, you open the door and step inside.

To the strong stench of alcohol. It's so strong you have to steady yourself in case you pass out. Once you've gained composure you look around. Hanging on every wall are several musical instruments. Guitars, bass guitars, keyboards, and many others of all shapes and sizes surround you, though many look as if they haven't been used in months as they're covered in dust. On the other side of the room is a long desk, and the smell appears to be coming from the other side of it.

You walk cautiously over to the desk. Keeping your hand near your machete in case of a threat, you look around it.

And sitting in the corner is an Indian man, clearly drunk and holding an empty bottle. He hasn't noticed you yet. You try to catch his attention.

''Whatdyou want?'' He says in a slurred voice.

You tell him you're new to town and are just looking around,

''Wanna buy somethin? I only accept three forms of currency: booze, instruments and curry. Got any of that?''

You shake your head.

''Then get out!Don't waste my time.''

You don't move.

''I said get out!'' He shouts, getting to his feet. He charges you but you sidestep him easily, making him stumble and faceplant on the floor, knocking himself out. He's still holding the bottle.

Regretting your choice, you leave the shop.

You are now acquaintances with Gad.

You learned nothing of value.

''Really?'' you hear someone say, and turn to see Ava, ''You get free time and choose to spend it with Gad? Lame. C'mon, follow me.''

You and Ava head in the direction you saw him lead Mak. A few minutes later you see a huge mansion, set squarely in the middle of Temeffia. You and Ava head inside, where your attention is caught by a massive chandelier hanging from the ceiling. A bright blue staircase leads up to a set of blue double doors.

''Boss is through those doors up there. Good luck, I need to get back to the wall.'' Ava turns back and leaves the mansion.

You make your way up the stairs and to the doors. Before you can knock, the doors open themselves and who you believe to be the Boss stands before you.

SPECIAL DECISION: Choose who the leader of Temeffia is.

''Welcome to Temeffia.'' the Boss says, ''My name is-''

A/ Great Potato
    B/ Millennium Creed
    C/ Pimp of Pimps

Chapter 6: An Offer You Can't Refuse
    You have chosen C/ Pimp of Pimps

'Welcome, young gay.' the Boss said, 'My name is Pimp of Pimps. Please take a seat.'

He moved back to his throne-like seat behind the desk at the end of the room. You take the small, wooden chair on the other side of the desk. Behind Pimp of Pimps is a huge window with a great view of the entire southern half of the town.

'I spoke with your friend, Makenzye, just a few minutes ago. Seems like a nice guy. He says you saved him earlier today. Is that true?'

You nod.

'And Avalon tells me you were about to let Mak inside my town at your own expense. Is that also true?'

You nod again.

'Modest, I like it. And you can clearly handle yourself in a fight. But more importantly, you have a strong moral compass. I can use someone like you in my community.' Pimps pauses, as if choosing his next words carefully. 'The truth is, we're overpopulated at the moment. Too many people and not enough resources to take care of them all. Of course I can't just kick them out, but this is becoming a serious problem that we must solve. And I think I have an answer.'

'A few miles east of here is another community. Not as large as ours, not in size or in population. I'm creating a small unit with the goal of raiding this community and retrieving as many supplies as possible. A group of four would be ideal, but there aren't many fighters here. That's why I'd like you to join this unit, if you're willing.'

You sit there, wondering if he's going to address the obvious ethical flaw in this plan.

'I know what you're thinking. It's wrong of us to steal from this other group, right? But trust me, everything these people have, they stole from someone else. They used to be part of this community, but for some reason they had a problem with my style of leadership, and they left in the dead of night, taking everything they could carry. Even worse is that some of my best fighters were in this group of rebels. This was only a few months ago. I've had Avalon do some recon and the info he's gathered should be all we need to pull this off.'

Pimps stood up. 'You may go now, and please consider my offer. You may still join this community if you choose to decline, but remember, the more you contribute, the better off you'll be here. This is happening tonight with or without you, so if you're on board, come back here in three hours time.'

You leave Pimps' office, walk down the stairs, and exit the mansion. You have a decision to make.

There's no doubt that your involvement will increases the chances of success of the mission. And Pimp of Pimps made it clear that he'll make it worth your while. But you have no real evidence that this other group is as bad as PoPs says they are. You could be raiding a totally innocent community. And there won't be any consequences from PoPs for declining. Do you:

A/ Agree to Pimp of Pimps offer
    B/ Refuse Pimp of Pimps offer

Chapter 7: The Five Rebels
    You have chosen C/ Enquire further

It's always wise to be as well-informed as possible before making a tough choice, so you head into the community for some intel gathering.

PoPs has given you three hours to decide, so you use that time to question witnesses who were around when the rebels disappeared. You especially want to know who they were, what their motives were, and what their crimes were exactly.

After using up all your time talking to as many people as possible, you have a much better understanding of what happened a few months ago. There were only five rebels involved, but each were important to the community in their own way:

The one considered the leader of the rebels used to be Pimp of Pimps right hand man, but apparently he was tired of PoPs making all the decisions by himself and not taking other opinions into account. He decided to secretly create a group of people who also disagreed with PoPs leadership and used this as a foundation to create his own community.

The first he recruited was an abnormally fat woman. It was said she was so fat that she eclipsed the sun itself. People wondered how she managed to stay that fat when there was so little food to go around. But she was useful to the rebel leader, as her persuasion skills allowed her to bring in even more people to their cause.

The third rebel was a Greek man who never wore a shirt. His first day in the community, he challenged anyone to step up and fight him in unarmed combat. PoPs accepted this challenge and defeated him soundly. The Greek insisted on a rematch but PoPs never gave him one. It is believed that this is why he joined the rebels; so he could force PoPs to view him as a true rival.

The fourth rebel was a massive Australian man. They say he was well over 7 feet tall, though that is likely exaggerated. Like the Greek, this guy loved violence. When provoked, he would always demand to know the provoker's address so that they could fight. They say he only joined the rebels because it increased his chances of battling someone.

Nobody knew where the fifth and final rebel came from; his accent was more robotic than anything. He always wore a suit of armour that was impervious to gunfire and walker bites. He also had several types of guns on him at all time. Some say he had invented a gun that could shoot lasers, and that he had even learned to shoot lasers from his mouth. It is not known why he chose the rebel side.

On the night of their disappearance, it was reported that the rebels raided the armoury and stole a significant portion of the guns and melee weapons, though not all of them. It isn't known if this was deliberate or they simply couldn't carry everything. Nobody was hurt or injured during their escape. A toy boat was also stolen.

These are the facts as you know them. You wonder why PoPs didn't give you all the information. Was there something important that he didn't want you to learn? In any case, you're almost out of time, so you go over all the facts carefully once more and come to a decision. Do you:

A/ Agree to Pimp of Pimps offer
    B/ Refuse Pimp of Pimps offer

Chapter 8: The Four Warriors
    You have chosen A/ Agree to Pimp of Pimps offer

From what you've gathered, these rebels sounds like dangerous people, and anything you can do to weaken them would be beneficial to Temeffia.

You return to the mansion and enter the same way as before. The blue double doors are as imposing as ever at the top of the stairs, but this time you take a look around before going up. You see what appears to be a receptionist desk to your right, but nobody sitting behind it. Does PoPs have a secretary? Ignoring that for now, you take the stairs and knock on the double doors.

''Come in.'' A familiar voice says.

You open the doors and see PoPs sitting behind his desk. Four other men are facing him, and turn their heads at your entrance. One face you recognise, three you don't.

''So, I take it you accepted my offer?'' Pops asks, smiling. ''Excellent. I knew I could trust you.''

You have gained Pimp of Pimps trust.

''Allow me to introduce you. I believe you've already met Avalon.''

''Yo.'' Ava says, waving. He's still wearing those bright yellow pants, but the rest of his clothing is plain. The strap of his sniper rifle is slung around his shoulder.

''The man next to him is Steel. You likely passed his training centre on the way here. He's been helpful in teaching our residents self defense.''

Steel says nothing, but gives you a curt nod. You judge his height to be around 5'9. Not exactly tall, but you saw him shadow boxing earlier so you know he can handle himself. He carries no weapons except a single knife on his belt.

''The man next to Steel is Z. He's the first person I met when everything went to hell, and he's stuck by me ever since.''

''Nice to meet you.'' Z says politely, even walking up to shake your hand. ''A friend of PoPs is a friend of mine. I own a movie shop in the southern half of town. Y's managed to get some old DVD players working, so feel free to come borrow a film once Y's hooked you up.

You nod, amazed that the idea of being able to watch a movie again. As Z walks back to the desk, you see he has a shotgun holstered across his back.

''And last but not least, the man to my right is Crispinianus.''

''Ugh, this one isn't cute at all.'' the man said, which would be bizarre in itself, but it was even weirder coming from a deep voice like his. Crispinianus looked like one of those barbaric warriors from Game of Thrones. He carries a spear in one hand and a shield across his back.

''Well, now that you've been introduced, we can begin. Unfortunately, as you all know, I wanted exactly four people in this team, and I wasn't sure if he would accept or not, so I brought you four up just in case.''

''Why does it need to be four?'' Ava asks.

''Because four is the number of order and justice. I read that in a book once.''

''I think I read that book too.'' Crispy adds. ''Around four months ago. I'm still on the first chapter.''

''We're getting off-topic.'' PoPs says impatiently. ''The point is that one of you will need to stay behind. And I've decided to make our new recruit the leader of this operation, so I'll let him decide who gets kicked out. Sorry to drop this on you, friend, but it's your call.''

You're stunned by your sudden promotion to leader. You wonder what PoPs has in mind by doing this. In any case, you have a decision to make. Each man here looks as if they'd be able to contribute to the mission, but in different ways. You may be in a situation where you wish you had the person you left behind with you, but according to PoPs, one of them has to stay. Do you:

A/ Have Avalon stay behind
    B/ Have Steel stay behind
    C/ Have Z stay behind
    D/ Have Crispinianus stay behind

Chapter 9: A Drunken Dispute
    You have chosen D/ Leave Crispinianus behind

Him having no guns will be a big disadvantage if you're forced to fight. Also he freaks you out a little.

''I see. Well, there you have it, Crispy. Back to guard duty, if you please.''

''Tch, alright then.'' Crispy retorts, walking past you to the door. ''Hope you don't regret it.'' And he leaves the room.

''Excellent, we have our team.'' PoPs says happily. ''I'd like to begin the mission as soon as possible. You should leave by the eastern gate. Oh, and Z, would you mind staying behind for a minute? I need to talk to you in private.''

''I'll meet you guys at the gate.'' Z says to you, Steel and Avalon, which you take as your cue to leave.

The three of you walk down the stairs in silence. In an attempt to break the ice, you ask Steel who the desk near the door belongs to. He doesn't respond.

''That's where Cake works at.'' Avalon responds instead, ''She's kinda like PoPs secretary. She's off sick today though.''

You wonder what kind of person Cake is as you walk past the desk and exit the mansion. Where you hear a familiar voice yelling outside.

''Whatsh going on in there?'' Gad shouts, swaying a little, still clutching an empty bottle. ''I just saw the weirdo Crispy walk out here, and now you guys. Is PoPs scheming again?''

''None of your business, Gad.'' Steel tells him. The first words you've heard him speak.

''I think it's everyone business what our brilliant leader's plans are, don't you?'' Gad responds, stumbling towards Steel.

''Back off Gad, last warning.''

''Ah shut it.'' Gad slurs, and takes a slow, wide swing at Steel that anybody could have dodged. And Steel, with incredible speed, takes Gad down and holds him arm in place, making him drop the battle.

''What the? Hey, this is assault! Someone help!'' Gad cries out. A crowd is gathered by now, but nobody seems eager to help out Gad.

''C'mon Steel, he's harmless, let him go.'' Ava says, trying to be the voice of reason.

''Aren't you sick of him, Avalon? He's always causing trouble.'' Steel turns to you, still holding down Gad. ''We have a prison cell in the southern district of Temeffia, and we've had to throw Gad in there several times, but he never learns his lesson. So I think a more... immediate punishment is required.'' He takes a firmer grasp of Gad's arm, like he's ready to snap it in two. ''But I'll let you decide, since you're our current leader. What should we do with this drunk?''

''C'mon guys, we don't have time to waste here. PoPs want us gone ASAP. Let's just let him go.'' Ava tells you.

Decision time. Gad did attack Steel first, and he's apparently been the cause of trouble in the past, so maybe a punishment is in order. But what kind? A large crowd is watching, so what kind of example do you want to set? Do you order Steel to:

A/ Let Gad go
    B/ Throw Gad in jail
    C/ Break Gad's arm

Chapter 10: Man of Legend
    You have chosen B/ Throw Gad in jail

You briefly considered taking him along as bait, then you realised that's the worst idea in history so you chose not to.

''Whatever you say.'' Steel says to your decision. He picks Gad up effortlessly and drags him past the mansion to the jail in the southern district. You and Ava follow.

''Lemme go, I've done nothing wrong!'' Gad screeches, but isn't able to free himself from Steel's grip.

''Waste of time.'' Avalon mumbles under his breath. Then a thought strikes him. ''So, Gad, there's a rumour going around that the rebels left one of their own behind to act as a spy. Would you happen to know anything about that?''

''Ah shut up Ava, I ain't one of them.''

''If you say so.'' Ava says.

This is the first you've heard of a spy in Temeffia. You wonder if there's any truth to the rumour.

After several minutes, the four of you reach the jailhouse. Inside you see three jail cells lined up together, and a key hanging from the wall. Steel takes the key, throws Gad in the middle cell and locks the door with the key.

''This should be illegal! How long am I stuck in here?''

''Ask me when I get back.'' Steel responds, already turning away from the drunk and exiting the building. You hear Gad's protests for a moment longer before also leaving.

''Time to meet Z at the eastern gate.'' Ava says, as if the whole Gad ordeal never happened. ''I wanted to go to the armoury, but it's on the other side of town and you just had to waste time dealing with Gad.'' He rolls his eyes at you.

''Agreed. You should've let me snap his arm like a twig.'' Steel adds, glaring at you.

Steel and Avalon disapprove of your choice.

The sun begins to set as you arrive at the eastern gate, where Z is waiting.

''What took you guys so long?''

''Ask our leader on the way.'' Steel says, gesturing towards you. So you recall the events since you left the mansion to Z.

''I think you made the right call. You couldn't let Gad off the hook but you don't want to frighten people by crippling him either. Good job man.''

Z approves of your choice.

After an hour or so of travel, the sun has fully set and nighttime has set in. You've met a few walkers on the way, but nothing you can't handle. Your teammates have also shown they can handle themselves. You are now walking on a straight road, with the trees flanking both sides.

''The rebel compound shouldn't be far now.'' Ava tells you, ''In fact, I think it's... wait, someone's coming. Hide, now!''

Trusting Avalon's judgment, the four of you sprint towards the nearby trees for cover. You wait for a few moments, and sure enough, you hear a sound coming from the direction you were walking. And it's getting louder.

Soon it becomes clear the sound is that of a motorbike. But the man riding it comes to a stop in the exact spot you were standing before Ava have the warning. The rider gets off the bike and looks around. It's hard to tell at night but he seems to be wearing a brightly coloured mask.

''We should leave. This guy could be dangerous.'' Z says quietly.

''And he could have good shit on him. We had to leave without our best gear. Let's jump him, we have the numbers.'' Steel advises.

''Or we could make ourselves known and work out some kind of trade so he's not hostile.'' Ava adds.

Decision time. It's dark so you can't tell what this stranger has on him, or what kind of weapons he could use against you. The safest bet is surely to leave, but can you raid the rebels with what you have now? Do you:

A/ Sneak away from the stranger.
    B/ Sneak up and attack the stranger.
    C/ Call out to the stranger and try to make a deal.

Chapter 11: Spoils of... victory?
    You have chosen C/ Call out to the stranger and try to make a deal.

You figure it's safe to talk to the guy. If he tries anything, you have the numbers and the element of surprise. You call out to him and he turns around quickly.

''Hands where we can see them.'' Ava says, his rifle trained on the stranger. He raises his hands slowly, fists closed. ''We just want to talk. Maybe make a deal. So what's your name?''

The stranger doesn't respond. You can get a better look at him now and see his mask is orange, and seems to only have one eyehole. He's also wearing a black cloak so you still can't tell what weapons he has.

''What weapons do you have?'' Z asks, as if reading your mind.

Still no response.

''Fine, I'll see for myself.'' Steel declares, then walks straight up to the stranger without fear. He pats him down and finds nothing. ''Seriously, no weapons?''

The stranger gestures behind himself, to his bike.

Steel moves past the man and inspects the motorbike. ''Woah.'' He says, after a moment from behind the bike. ''There's some good shit here.''

''My name is Zero Phoenix.'' The stranger says, his first words to us. Then something drops from his hand.

A second later, the entire area is engulfed in smoke. You hear a cry of pain beside you. Ahead of you, you can hear Steel struggling with the stranger, and someone is knocked to the ground. You hear a revving sound from the motorbike, and the rider speeds out of the smoke in the direction you came from.

''Fuck, he's getting away.'' Steel shouts. ''Avalon, snipe him!''

''Can't, sorry.'' Ava says, wincing. The smoke clears and you see a small knife embedded in his shoulder. Zero Phoenix must've been hiding it one hand, then thrown it after dropping the smoke bomb from the other hand.

''Not good. Don't think I'll be doing any more shooting tonight.'' Ava says solemnly.

''There's no use chasing him, we'll never catch him.'' Z says, trying to calm everyone down. ''Steel, what kind of gear did he have?''

''There was a bag hanging from the bike, full of weapons and supplies. I couldn't take the whole thing, but I managed to take some items out before he escaped.'' Steel shows what he got:

Smoke Bombs x2
    Grenade x1
    Throwing Knive x1

''Think I'll take the throwing knife.'' Steel says.

''I'll have one of the smoke bombs. I have no experience with grenades so I'd end up blowing us up.'' Z says.

''I don't mind either way. Which do you want, leader?'' Avalon asks.

Decision time. You won't have control of how Ava uses whatever you choose to give him. But with his injured arm, he might need all the help he can get. Do you:

1/ Give Avalon the smoke bomb
    2/ Give Avalon the grenade
    3/ Give Avalon the smoke bomb and the grenade

Chapter 12: The Night Guard
    You have chosen A/ Give Avalon the smoke bomb.

You figure that creating a distraction is the best use Ava can be to you for this mission now.

''Cool, thanks.'' Ava says, taking the bomb from you, though he looks disappointed. You now have a grenade in your possession, along with the machete and pistol you had from the start.

''You wanna give one of us the sniper rifle, Ava?'' Z asks.

''Nah, I can still use it as a melee weapon. I don't want to be completely defenseless out here.''

''Let's move.'' Steel says, and the four of you continue the way you were headed before the stranger passed by.

Around 20 minutes later, the path opens up and you see a large, steel fence in the distance with barbed wire at the top, encircling a medium sized town. The moonlight makes it easy enough to see the buildings inside, though none stand out like PoP's mansion.

''That's the place.'' Ava confirms, ''It's not nearly as big as Temeffia, but that just makes it easier to defend.''

You ask Avalon how much he knows about this area.

''Not a lot. I've done some recon but I've never been able to get close. There's always a guard patrolling outside the fence, and I never wanted to risk being detected. Shouldn't be a problem for the four of us though. We just have to wait for the guard to reach this side of the fence.''

And as if on cue, you see a man appear from the left side of the fence, circling towards you. He's carrying a weapon of some kind. You all instinctively find cover in some trees and bushes nearby. As the man gets closer, you're about to give a signal when Steel takes out his throwing knife and sends it flying towards the guard. It catches him in the arm.

Before the man can cry out, Steel is on his feet and sprinting towards him. He takes the man down and covers his mouth so he can't alert anyone.

''You almost blew the whole mission, Steel!'' Z says but quietly, so as not to alert anyone.

''It worked out, didn't it?'' Steel responds. He takes his knife out of the man's arm and holds it to his throat. ''Now, you're going to answer these three questions calmly and quietly, or I slit your throat. How do we get in? How many are inside? Where is your armoury?'' He removes his hand from the man's mouth. ''Talk, now.''

''There's a gate on the other side of the fence, but it's guarded.'' The man says quickly, clearly terrified of Steel. ''Around a dozen or so inside. Armoury is right past the gate, you can't miss it.''

''Thanks. So, can we kill him now?'' Steel asks you, and covers the man's mouth again before he can plea for his life.

''I dunno, he might be holding out on us.'' Ava adds.

''Just knock him out Steel, Rocky style. We don't want to waste more time here.'' Z suggests.

Decision time. You seem to have all the information you need to complete the mission, but you ought to complete it soon before the enemy camp is alerted. Do you order Steel to:

A/ Knock the guard out and move on
    B/ Kill the guard and move on
    C/ Interrogate the guard for more intel

Chapter 13: Assault on Home Base
    Since we're getting so many ties in this thread, I'll just pick the one that got the most votes first. So:

You have chosen C/ Interrogate the guard for more intel.

Knowledge is key in a stealth mission like this, and you can't help but feel that you're missing something important.

''Tch, fine.'' Steel responds, annoyed. ''What more do you want to ask him?''

''What's your name?'' Ava asks.

''Right now it's Rong Nianbing.'' The guard responds, still being held down by Steel. ''Last week I was Irregular, and the week before that it was Nightfall, which is was what most people call me. I'm thinking of changing it to Phantom next, what do you think?''

''Shut up.'' Steel says, tightening his grip to stop Nightfall talking. ''Don't ask irrelevant shit like that, Avalon. Hey Nightfall, anything important we should know that you haven't told us?''

''W-well''.. Nightfall stutters, clearly hiding something.

''Listen man, you need to tell us what we want to know right now. I don't know how much more Steel can take before he gets really angry.'' Z tells him, playing the good cop.

''Alright, alright.'' Nightfall says quickly, fearing Steel's wrath. ''You guys are from Temeffia, right? Well, our leader had the same idea as you guys. He's sent three of our own to raid your community tonight.''

''Shit. Who did he send? And how do they plan to get inside? Our defenses are a lot better than yours.''

''Rex and Halaros are going along with some other guy that joined us a week ago. Some Canadian dude, I forget his name. And yeah, you've got a bigger wall, but we found a huge stash of weapons recently, including a rocket launcher. Think your wall can withstand that?'' Nightfall asks, smirking.

''Enough out of you.'' Steel says, and calmly chokes Nightfall into unconsciousness, but leaves him alive.

''Good call on asking for more info, leader.'' Ava tells you. ''But now there's a problem. I can't speak for the third guy, but Rex and Halaros could cause massive damage if they get to Temeffia with those kind of weapons. Do we try to intercept them?

''Fuck that, we complete the mission. PoPs can handle a few rebels.'' Steels says firmly.

''I dunno, he's undermanned with us away. Maybe we can split up and do both?'' Z offers, trying to find a compromise.

Decision time. It didn't sound like Nightfall was lying, so your new community could be in grave danger. But this also means the rebels are three men weaker, which would make completing the mission easier. Would PoPs want you to let this great opportunity slip away? Do you:

A/ Continue the raid
    B/ Return to defend Temeffia
    C/ Send two back to defend Temeffia while the other two continue the raid

Chapter 14: A Whale of a Chance
    You have chosen A/ Continue the raid.

PoPs has proven himself to be a capable leader in your eyes. You don't doubt that he and Temeffia can handle a few rebels.

''Good choice, now we can move on.'' Steel says, as he picks up Nightfall's body and hides it in the nearby bushes.

''But how do we get in? Night said the gate's on the other side and it's guarded.''

''Easy. We'll make our own entrance.'' Steel responds casually. He kneels down, takes out his original knife and stabs it into the metal fence, then drags it across in a large, circular motion to create an opening. After a minute or so he's created a hole in the fence large enough to crawl through.

''Nice work, man.'' Z says, complimenting Steel's ingenuity. He makes his way through the opening first, followed by Avalon, then Steel, and finally yourself.

You are now in enemy territory.

You recall that Nightfall said that the armoury was near the gate, which is on the other side of the camp. You tell everyone to stay quiet and stick to the shadows as you move towards your goal.

There are plenty of non-descript buildings to use as cover, though it doesn't look like any of the rebels are outside tonight. It seems Nightfall was the only guard outside the fence, and the rest are focused on the gate. They may be wondering by now what happened to Nightfall, so you should move quickly.

It isn't long before you reach your destination. The entire town is about the size of a single district of Temeffia, so there wasn't much ground to cover. You see two armed guards inside the gate looking out. A single building stands close to the gate, so it's most likely the armoury, and nobody is guarding it. You're about to enter when you hear a loud snoring sound from the house behind you.

''Oh shit.'' Ava whispers. ''That has to be Tifa. Her snoring kept everyone awake back at Temeffia. Some people are actually glad she left so they could sleep peacefully.''

You listen carefully to the snoring, as it's hard to imagine that sound coming from a human. It sounds like a dying whale.

''This is perfect.'' Steel says, smirking. ''She's the bitch that convinced our allies to betray us. Nobody's around, let's sneak in and kill her.''

''Dude, come on, we can't risk being here longer than we need to.'' Z adds quietly. ''Tell him, Leader.''

Time to choose. If you eliminate Tifa, it could be a huge blow to the rebels. But if you do so, you may not have time to retrieve the weapons, which is the top priority. Plus, you don't know who could be guarding Tifa inside. Do you:

A/ Continue the raid
    B/ Attempt to assassinate Tifa
    C/ Split up to do both

Chapter 15: Metal Gear Steel
    You have chosen B/ Attempt to assassinate Tifa

A high value target like her cannot be overlooked. You tell the team your decision, then backtrack to the source of the snoring and head inside.

Past the entrance is a dark, empty room. There's a door to your left, a door to your right, and third door straight ahead. You signal your teammates to check the rooms past each door carefully. You notice Avalon favouring his arm, as you remember he injured it earlier on. The only weapon he has a sniper rifle, which he can only use as a melee weapon as he cannot aim properly at the moment.

''Nobody in here.'' Ava says.

''Same here.'' Steel says.

''In here guys, I've found her.'' Z tells you all quietly. You all cautiously enter the room dead ahead.

It's just as dark in here as the previous room, and the snoring has stopped for now, but it's clear you've found your target. A large mass of flesh lies sleeping on the opposite side of the room, on a bed that looks like it's about to snap. You signal Steel to do the job, as it was his idea. He nods and walks over to her, knife in hand. As your vision becomes clearer in the dark, you can see that Tifa is facing towards you as she sleeps, luckily.

''Say goodnight, bitch.'' Steel says darkly, as he stabs the knife into her throat. Unfortunately, because of the many folds of her neck, the knife simply slides in between the folds of flesh and does no damage.

''W-what the hell?!'' Steel says, shocked, as he tries to pull the knife out. The noise wakes Tifa up.

''What the-'' Tifa manages to say before Steels covers her mouth with his free hand. From what you heard of her voice, it's surprisingly high pitched.

''Quite, bitch. Alright guys, a knife isn't going to work, but there's no way she'll survive a bullet to the head. Get over here.''

You and Z get your guns out and aim them at Tifa's head.

''Steel? Z? Ava? P-please don't do this.'' Tifa mumbles even with her mouth covered. ''He made me go with him, I swear. I can tell you where he is right now. Please just spare me.''

''Bullshit. We'll never trust you again Tifa.'' Steel says.

''Still guys, it would be great if we could take out their leader tonight.'' Z adds, still pointing the gun at Tifa.

''And remember guys, this is a stealth mission, so maybe gunshots aren't the best idea right now.'' Ava suggests.

Decision time. You won't have much time to raid the armoury at this rate, so choose wisely. Do you:

1/ Shoot Tifa
    2/ Learn the leader's location
    3/ Learn the leader's location, then shoot Tifa anyway

Chapter 16: Armoured Titan
    You have chosen 3/ Learn the leader's location, then shoot Tifa anyway

You figure that lying to Tifa about sparing her life is an appropriate punishment after her crimes. You demand to know where the rebel leader is.

''Okay.'' Tifa says, regaining her composure. ''Right now, he's-''

''That's enough.''

And then the shot rang out.

The next thing you know, Tifa is lying dead in front of you, with a bullet hole squarely in the middle of her forehead. Everyone is frozen in shock.

''I must thank you for exposing Tifa as the traitor I knew her to be.'' says the chilling voice from behind you. You all turn to see the shooter.

''You're a traitor too, Pacifista.'' Avalon declares.

Pacifista. The final rebel, you remember. He looks exactly as he was described to you. In a full set of black armour, along with a black helmet. He's also wearing a belt with several guns holstered around it, one of which he is pointing at you right now. Not a single piece of his skin is exposed.

You also remember that the armour was said to be impervious to gunfire.

''I don't remember swearing loyalty to Temeffia, or to your boss.'' Pacifista replies calmly, again with that robotic voice. ''To be honest, I don't care for this petty community war going on right now.''

''Then why, Pac?'' Z pleads. ''Why switch sides? We were never best friends but I thought I could trust you.''

''I'll be happy to discuss this further if you all relinquish your weapons.'' Pacifista asks. ''Be warned, this entire building is surrounded. Taking my offer is the only way you survive tonight.''

''Bullshit, we'd have heard footsteps outside. You're alone, aren't you?''

''Believe me or not, it makes no difference to me. Besides, even if I were alone, do you really think you can defeat me?''

He turns his head to look at you for the first time. ''I don't recognise you. I assume you're the leader, since you were giving the orders before I interrupted. It's in your best interest to surrender right now. Order your men to drop their weapons.''

Decision time. Pacifista has offered to spare your life, but can you trust his word? He also claims that you're surrounded, though you cannot confirm that until you exit the building. Even if he's lying, Pacifista appears to be a dangerous foe, and he stands between you and the only exit. Do you:

A/ Surrender
    B/ Attempt to kill Pacifista
    c/ Attempt to escape Pacifista

Chapter 17: Bullet Hell
    You have chosen B/ Attempt to kill Pacifista

Because you're feeling suicidal, apparently.

You give a signal to Z, and before Pacifista can react, the two of you shoot your respective weapons at him, knocking him backwards and forcing him to drop his gun, but otherwise doing no damage because of his armour. As this is happening, Steel sprints towards Pac and attempts to take him down, similar to the way he beat Nightfall earlier. But Pac regains his balance and hammers his right fist into Steel's chest, which sends him flying halfway across the room to crash into the wall next to the bed where Tifa's body lays.

''Steel!'' Z cries out.

''Idiots. You're all going to die now.'' Pac says menacingly, readying another weapon from his belt.

''Shit, this isn't working. Get ready to run guys!'' Ava warns you all, and drops the smoke bomb you gave him earlier. The entire room is engulfed in smoke, making it impossible to see either Pacifista or your allies.

''Now guys, while he can't see!'' Ava shouts, and you hear footsteps run past you towards the exit.

''Damnit!'' Pac yells, the first sign of emotion you've heard in the voice. He fires a stray bullet, forcing you to duck, but there's no way he can aim in this smoke.

''Leader, I've got Steel, help me get him out!'' Z says from beside you. Steel is unconscious from the punch he received, so you take hold of his arm while Z takes the other, and you quietly circle around Pacifista and head for the exit.

Though he seems to have given up on shooting without his vision. ''It's useless.'' You hear him say from the smoke. ''The whole camp will be awake after that gunfire. You're all dead men.''

Ignoring him for now, you and Z drag Steel outside to see Avalon waiting.

''What the fuck Avalon, you just left us in there!'' Z yells at Ava.

''You should thank me. I got us out of there while you guys tried to shoot him like idiots. And anyway, we have bigger worries now.''

As he says this, you can hear sirens blaring throughout the town. You look around and see nobody around at the moment, and the armoury is just to your right.

''The rebels will be here any second, and we can't fight them all.'' Ava tells you, then looks at Steel's unconscious form. ''We need to leave him, we'll never escape while he drags us down.''

''PoPs us wouldn't want us to leave anyone behind. You agree, right Leader?'' Z asks.

Decision time. The mission's a failure, with the only success being the death of one of the rebels. You should be able to escape, but if you try to bring Steel, those odds go down significantly. Do you:

A/ Try to escape with Steel
    B/ Leave Steel behind and escape
    C/ Stand and fight

Chapter 18: Zero Escape
    You have chosen A/ Try and escape with Steel

Never leave a man behind.

You and Z prepare to carry Steel back to the hole in the fence he made earlier, with Avalon leading. But armed men are already patrolling the streets, looking for your group, so you stick to the shadows.

''If you'd just left Steel, we'd be out of here already.'' Ava says, annoyed.

''Frankly, Avalon, I don't give a damn. We don't leave anyone behind.'' Z responds.

''Search the edge of the fence.'' You can hear Pacifista order from far behind you, apparently recovered from your fight, ''There must be a breach somewhere, secure it as soon as possible.''

''Yes sir.'' You hear some soldiers respond, and they spread out to cover a wider area.

''Shit, let's pick up the pace.'' Ava says from up ahead, and speeds up.

Eventually, after carefully avoiding detection and what feels like ages, you make it to the hole in the fence. Avalon goes through first. You and Z push through Steel next, who is starting to wake up. Just as he gets through, you hear footsteps behind you.

''F-freeze!'' yells a nervous voice. You turn and see a young man with his pistol aimed directly at Z. His hands are shaking.

Before he can give away your location, Z throws his smoke bomb and charges. The area is engulfed in smoke and you hear a struggle where the nervous man was standing a moment ago. Z apparently tried to take him out without wasting bullets.

''Go on, Leader!'' Z shouts back to you, ''I can hold them off long enough for you guys to escape! Go!''

Decision time. You turn and see Avalon has already helped Steel up and is helping him get away. There's no way Z will survive fighting all the rebels at once, but he may be able to stall them as he claims. Do you:

A/ Leave Z to hold off the rebels
    B/ Help Z to hold off the rebels

Chapter 19 - Part 1: Truth
    You have chosen B/ Help Z hold off the rebels

Never leave a man behind.

You rush into the smoke where Z is still struggling with the young man. You use your hearing to find where they are exactly. But as the smoke clears, you see there's no need to help. Z has knocked his enemy unconscious. He stands to look at you.

''I'd rather you left with the others, but thanks for having my back.'' Z says, grateful for you help.

He looks back at the man he incapacitated. ''I'd rather not kill if I can help it, but it seems like we'll have to if we want to stall for time. I'm not exactly good friends with Steel or Avalon, but if I have to die for them to escape then so be it.''

You hear footsteps getting closer.

''Get to cover, now!'' Z shouts, and you split up and hide behind opposite buildings.

You peek around the corner and see three armed men moving carefully towards the hole in the fence right next to you. There's no chance of getting a well-aimed shot at them before being riddled full of holes, so instead you take your one grenade, remove the pin and throw it blindly towards them.

''GET BACK!'' One of them yells, and a second later the grenade goes off, deafening everyone nearby. But this is your chance, so you run out of cover and see Z has done the same. The three men have been knocked down but are otherwise unharmed and getting back to their feet, so you sprint towards them, aim your pistol and take two careful headshots and two of them go down. Your first human kills in a long time.

Meanwhile, Z has his shotgun out and takes a shot at the third man. He's just within the shotgun's range, and the area around the man turns into a fine red mist. What's left of his body crumples to the ground.

Just when you're about to take a breather, a laser shoots out from the distance and catches Z in the leg. He cries out in agony and drops to a knee, his shotgun dropped uselessly at his side. You check where the bullet came from and see Pacifista in the distance, holding the smoking gun. You know the bullets won't work on him, so you're about to attempt a desperate charge with your machete when-

''Freeze!'' You hear a voice command from behind you, and you feel a gun muzzle against your back. You raise your hands slowly and drop your pistol and machete, then kneel down next to Z.

''You thought you could beat us, but you're wrong.'' the gunman behind you says confidently.

''Well done, Alex. I'll take it from here.'' Pacifista says, crossing the distance between you.

''No, I will.''

You turn quickly to see the new's voice origin. A man exits one of the buildings and walks slowly towards you.

''If you say so, leader.'' Pacifista takes a step back to let the mysterious person through.

The man, apparently the leader of the rebels, stops directly in front of Z, and holds out a hand to Alex, the one who caught you. Obediently, Alex hands his gun over to him. The man then looks around at the crowd that's gathered around you all.

''Do you see now, everyone? Do you see how little Pimp of Pimps values his men? He sends them on suicide missions and couldn't care less when they die following his orders. How anyone can stay loyal to such a tyrant is beyond me.''

He then lowers his voice so that only you and Z can hear. But he ignores you and speaks directly to Z.

''I won't bother asking you if you're willing to join me, since I know what your answer will be. You're too loyal to your precious PoPs. So tell me, Z-'' and he presses the gun hard against Z's forehead, ''Any last words?''

Z looks him dead in the eye. ''Fuck you.''

To which the man simply laughs in response.

''Kishishishi.''

Then a shot rings out and Z falls back, dead before he hits the ground.

Chapter 19 - Part 2: Truth
    You open your eyes slowly, and immediately feel a dull throbbing pain on the back of your head. You look around and see that you're in a dark room, sitting in front of a table with an empty chair on the opposite side. Your hands are handcuffed behind you. You focus and try to remember what happened.

It's starting to come back to you. Z was killed by the rebel leader, then before you could react, you were struck in the back of the head and lost consciousness. That's right; Z is dead. Before you can begin to process that information, a familiar voice speaks:

''He's awake now, leader.''

Pacifista. As your eyes adjust to the darkness, you see a door, as well as a mirror attached to the wall on the far side of the room. Likely a one-way mirror for Pacifista to watch you from outside the room.

The door opens and someone enters the room. He flicks a switch and light fills the room, blinding you for a moment. When your vision comes back, you see who stands before you: the leader of the rebels. The man that murdered Z.

''We haven't been properly introduced. I'm Great Potato.''

You struggle fiercely against your handcuffs, but it's no use. They're tied to the chair, which is bolted to the floor, preventing any movement. Great Potato clearly know this, as he calmly closes the door and takes the seat opposite you.

''I understand why you're angry. I killed your friend, after all. But give me some time to explain, and you'll see why it had to be done and how Pimp of Pimps has misled you.''

You calm down. There's no chance of escape at the moment, so you may as well listen to what he has to say.

''So you're willing to listen? Good. I'm not sure what PoPs told you; probably something about me betraying him and how I'm the evil tyrant hell-bent on destroying Temeffia. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. I suppose I should start from the beginning.

''When I first came across Temeffia, it was no bigger than this place is now. At the time, there were only three residents of note: Pimp of Pimps, Z and Pacifista. The rest were simply scared civillians looking for a safe haven of the apocalypse. But those three men were different.

''PoPs had a vision. He saw himself as mankind's greatest remaining hope and was determined to make Temeffia not just a community, but an empire where anyone could live peacefully. And Z was Pimps' right hand man. Even after I had gained PoPs trust, it was Z who was always given the most important orders and Z would always do his best to complete them to the letter. Hell, despite PoPs outranking them, those two were still best friends, if you can believe it.''

GP stops at that, and looks down at the floor. He almost looks... disheartened.

''I know PoPs very well by now, but even I don't know how he'll react to Z's death. You probably won't believe this, but I never wanted to kill Z. But he was too devoted and couldn't see what PoPs was becoming. He was in the way of my goal and had to be eliminated.

''Anyway, I was telling you about Pacifista next. He didn't have the suit of armour he has now, but he was turning himself into a weapon. Every day he would be testing new weapons and forms of protection, becoming stronger with every attempt. I suppose he was charmed by PoPs ambitions just as I was, which is why he stayed loyal. At first.

''But it became clear that PoPs methods were... questionable. He has a set of rules that everyone must abide by, but he would dole out punishments whenever it suited him, whether rules were broken or not. More than once I've seen him banish someone because of some perceived slight.

''And despite some citizens of Temeffia lacking a roof over their heads, PoPs refuses to allow his mansion to be used by the public for shelter. When I asked, he said something to the effect of 'Well, did you see the President letting people sleep in the White House?' Can you believe that?

''But the final straw was Gad. You've met Gad, I presume? He was once a part of PoPs inner circle, but PoPs mistook one of his comments as an insult, and demanded an apology. When Gad refused, they had an argument which ended in Gad's demotion. Last I saw Gad, he was drinking himself to death in some shack far away from PoPs. I didn't think much of Gad, but even I could see that the incident wasn't his fault in the slightest, and that any of us could be next.

''To put it simply, I wanted out. But more than that, I couldn't allow PoPs tyranny to grow any farther, so I decided to create my own group. I obviously couldn't ask Z to join; he seemed to have no problems with PoPs leadership. And Pacifista had no interest in the politics of Temeffia.

''And I suppose you know the rest. I recruited Tifa, who in turn found some like-minded individuals to join my cause. But surprisingly, Pac joined us just before we left. I still don't know why he chose my side, but I try not to question it. We stole as many weapons as we could that night and left for here.

Great Potato leans back in his chair and becomes silent, giving you time to absorb this information. It's hard to believe, honestly. PoPs gave you the impression of a benevolent leader. Though the mansion was empty aside from PoPs. And you saw the state Gad was in. There must be some truth to GP's story.

After some time to let you think, GP speaks up again, ''It's dawn, by the way. You've been out cold for a while now. We conducted a raid last night, same as your group. Funny timing, don't you think? Ours was more successful than yours, though. But one of our men was captured, just as you were. If I'm right, PoPs will offer a trade; his man for mine. But to be honest, I'd much rather that you join us.''

You're shocked by the offer. You, join the rebels?

''Why not? You've proven yourself capable, moreso than that idiot Halaros who got captured trying to fight PoPs again. Plus you know both sides of the story now, and there's a place in my inner circle now that Tifa is dead. I wouldn't send you on suicide missions either, I promise. If you refuse my offer, I'll simply trade you for Halaros as planned. But do you really want to go back there, after learning the truth?''

Decision time. You feel you have a good grasp of both factions now, and you have a chance to switch to GP's camp if you so choose. But here's a warning; once you've chosen a side, you will remain on that side for the rest of the story.Think hard before deciding. Do you:

A/ Join the rebels
    B/ Remain loyal to Temeffia

Chapter 20: A New Beginning
    You have chosen A/ Join the rebels

Great Potato smiles triumphantly at your response.

''Excellent.'' he declares. He rises to leave the room, but turns back to say, ''Oh, and don't worry about those two men you killed. They weren't exactly friendly with anyone. Their names were Ultra and baba, and they had this weird walker fetish that freaked us all out. Frankly, I think my town will be thankful to be rid of them.''

He opens the door to exit, but turns back a final time, ''You'll be released in a moment. Pacifista will be watching over you will you explore the community. Not that I don't trust you, but some people will be wary at having a former enemy free to move about. Your weapons will be returned once everyone is more comfortable around you.''

And with that, he left the room.

Minutes later, Pacifista marches in, holding a key. He moves behind you and releases you from your handcuffs. You get up quickly and rub your wrists, trying to get some feeling back in them.

''Don't try anything.'' Pacifista commands. He sems to be just as cold as he was when you were enemies. Perhaps he treats everyone the same. He leaves the room and gestures for you to follow, which you do.

Once you exit the building, you see that GP was right; dawn has come, and the sun is slowly rising to bathe the town in light. It's clear that your initial impression of the camp was correct; it's about the size of a single district of Temeffia. And there is no stand-out structure like the mansion of Temeffia, every building looks more or less the same. You wonder which one GP lives in.

''You're to explore at your own leisure.'' Pacifista informs you. ''Though I admit there isn't much to see. The bar is over there on the far left. Rex is probably there right now, celebrating a successful raid. Next to that is our clinic, where the good doctor is patching up the guard that you knocked out last night on your way in.

''There's also the leader's house. The one who led the raid should be there right now, reporting in. He's a new guy. I didn't catch his name, but his accent was Canadian. Great Potato's taken a liking to him, so they'll probably be discussing future strategies right now too. I wouldn't bother disturbing them, but it's your call.''

You ask Pacifista where his house is, to which he gives you what is likely a death glare from behind his mask.

''That's not part of the tour. You're a dead man if I find you there, whether GP likes it or not.''

Note to self: find out where Pac lives and avoid it at all costs.

Time to choose. Pacifista has laid out the important areas of the encampment for you. Chances are you'll visit them all sooner or later, but which will you go to first? Do you:

A/ Check out the bar
    B/ Check out the clinic
    C/ Check out GP's house

Chapter 21: Canadia
    You have chosen C/ Check out GP's house

You may have just spoken to him, but you'd like to know where the leader lives, as well as meet the new recruit.

''Okay then. Follow me.'' Pacifista commands. You're almost there when someone interrupts.

''Yo, Pac!'' A man calls out from afar, making his way towards the two of you.

Pacifista gives him a death glare like the one you just received, ''I told you not to call me that, Alex.''

''Uh, sorry, Pacifista. Anyway, I have something to report.'' Alex takes a curious glance at you, then turns back to Pacifista. ''We believed it was baba and Ultra that this guy killed last night, but we were mistaken. Someone must have misidentified one of them in a panic.''

''So who died, then? Nobody useful, I hope.''

''Not really, sir. It was actually Godhand and Ultra that died, not baba. He's still alive.''

''I see. Thanks for reporting, Alex. Get back to securing the breach in the fence.''

''Yes sir.'' Alex says, then jogs back where he came from. You and Pacifista continue on and soon reach GP's house.

''Mind the head.'' Pacifista remarks, and bends down slightly to pass the threshold. You wonder what he means, but it becomes clear quickly. Immediately to your left past to the door, a live walker head sits inside a birdcage, biting at nothing.

''GP likes to keep it around as a reminder to everyone of what it's like outside.'' he explains. ''Just ignore it. GP should be in his office, it's this way.''

Pacifista opens a door on the far right, without knocking. Inside is Great Potato, sitting behind a desk, and another man between you and him, with his back to you. He has a rocket launcher strapped to his back.

''So this is your first stop, huh? Fair enough. Well, I might as well introduce you to last night raid's leader. You two will have that in common, at least. This is X.''

The man, X, turns to face you. You walk up to shake his hand, and only then realise how tall he is. You estimate that he's around 6'4, almost of a height with Pacifista.

''We have nothing in common.'' X says, ignoring your extended hand. ''My raid was successful GP, remember? You not only caught this guy but also killed one of his men. What kind of leader lets that happen?''

So much for Canadians being nice.

''That's not exactly fair, X. Didn't Halaros get captured on your watch too?'' Pacifista asks.

X looks over your head to the armoured man behind you. ''Only because he's an idiot. As soon as we got in, he went straight for the mansion and ignored my orders. We're lucky that Temeffia is full of weaklings or Rex and I might've been in trouble.''

''I agree, X.'' GP interrupts. ''Halaros was a hindrance to the mission. But this man has agreed to join us. An upgrade from Hal, in my opinion.''

''I'll be the judge of that.'' X declares. He steps right in front of you, forcing you to look up at him. ''I won't accept you until you've proven yourself worthy. Fight me outside, one on one. No weapons, just our bare fists. If you can keep up for long enough, I don't have a problem with you sticking around.''

''X, I think you've spent too much time with Rex. This isn't necessary.''

''Agreed, this is a waste of time.''

Decision time. X wants to put you through trial by combat. You're confident in your fighting abilities, but you're not sure what X is capable of. Would it be cowardly to back down? Do you:

A/ Accept X's challenge
    B/ Refuse X's challenge
    C/ Sucker punch X

Chapter 22: An Old Friend
    You have chosen C/ Sucker punch X

Because fuck this guy.

Before he can react, you whip your arm upwards and hammer your fist into X's stupid face. It rocks him backwards and leaves him dazed for a moment, but you didn't knock him out like you had hoped.

Suddenly, you feel large metal hands grabbing your shoulders and throwing you away from X. On the other side of the room, GP has gotten up quickly and is holding back X from rushing towards you.

''YOU MOTHERFUCKER!'' X roars, trying hard to escape GP's grasp, ''YOU'RE A DEAD MAN!''

''Pacifista, get him out of here, then help me calm down X.'' GP orders.

''Alright. Let's go, idiot.'' Pacifista says, walking out of the house while still holding onto you, away from X's tantrum. You get the sense that he could drag you outside effortlessly if you decided not to move. He reaches the exit and pushes you hard to the ground outside.

''You'll probably pay for that later. If you're lucky, X will just beat you to near-death later instead of outright killing you. Just try to stay away from him for now.'' And Pacifista closes the door, going back inside to help GP deal with X.

You walk away from the building, ultimately pleased with the encounter. You're about to decide where your next stop will be when you hear a commotion near the fence.

''It's Avalon, he's outside the eastern side of the fence! Everyone get over here!'' A voice shouts out. You make your way over to see former comrade.

Sure enough, Avalon is standing beyond the fence, wearing his trademark yellow pants and his sniper rifle looped over his shoulder. His arm seems to have healed. He looks at you questioningly.

''I assumed you got caught, but why are they letting you walk around freely?'' he asks.

You explain to Avalon that you've joined the rebels, after hearing about Pimp of Pimps' crimes. You expect him to be angered by your choice, but he simply laughs.

''Whatever man, it's your call. I won't hold it against you.'' he says calmly. He's taking your betrayal awfully well, ''PoPs won't be too happy about it, but I can just have someone else tell him when I get back.''

''Why makes think we'll let you get away again?'' Someone asks from your side. A small crowd has gathered to see Avalon, and most have their hands ready to draw their weapons at a moment's notice.

''Because I'm here to trade. Your hostage for ours. PoPs wasn't sure how he'd get both you and Z back, but if you've defected then that solves the problem. We'll just switch Halaros for Z.''

Of course. Avalon had already escaped when Z was killed, so he has no way to know the truth. Your allies are coming to the same conclusion, and nobody speaks for a time.

''What's the problem? Don't tell me Z joined you guys too?'' Ava asks amusingly.

Decision time. This could be crucial information if used correctly. And if PoPs finds out that Z was murdered, who knows how he'll retaliate? Do you:

A/ Tell Avalon that Z is dead
    B/ Tell Avalon that Z is your hostage
    C/ Tell Avalon that Z escaped

Chapter 23: The Independent
    You have chosen A/ Tell Avalon that Z is dead.

The sooner everyone knows the truth, the sooner you can all come to some kind of resolution.

''Oh.'' was Avalon's only response, shocked into silence.

You look around and see some disapproving looks directed at you. Your allies likely wanted to keep that information hidden.

''I think our leaders will want to have a chat about this. Here you go.'' Ava takes out a black, rectangular object and lobs it over the fence. You catch it in one hand and see that it's a walkie talkie.

''Our tech guy finally got those things working, so you should get word from PoPs sometime tonight. Either that or he'll send an army to kill you all. Smart move killing his best friend, guys.''

''That sounds like a threat. Why don't we just shoot you again?'' One of your allies asks.

''Because you can't.'' Ava says smugly. He takes something else out from his belt and drops it; a smoke bomb. He disappears in a cloud of smoke.

''After him!'' Someone shouts, but it's no use; the exit is on the other side of the camp, so they'll never catch him. But what worries you is the smoke bomb. You're certain he used his last night, so where did he find another one in less than a day?

''Heh, that guy's got guts.'' One of the men declares. You look at him and recall that his name is Alex. He catches you staring at him.

''Hey you! We haven't been introduced. My name is Alex D. Boss, the man who captured you. GP acts like he's the boss around here, but I'm the REAL boss, got it? We even had a popularity contest, and I trounced him! So, do you agree to be one of my followers?''

You nod, not wanting to start another fight so soon.

''Great. You have potential, kid. Stick with me and you'll be fine. I'll introduce you to my other followers, like my neighbour Nika, she's-''

His rant gets cut off by a shout from the northern side of the fence.

''We have another traveller here!''

''Again? Quick, with me, follower.'' Alex rushes off to meet the mystery person, and you follow.

Sure enough, when you get there you see a man you haven't met beyond the fence. He could be from Temeffia since you didn't explore it thoroughly.

''What's your name?'' Alex asks, taking charge.

The man pauses before answering, as if he's thinking ten steps ahead of everyone else. ''You can call me the Independent.'' he finally says. ''I'm looking for Pimp of Pimps. Is he here?''

Decision time. You don't know why this man wants to see PoPs; they could be friends or foes for all you know. He looks like a cunning individual, so he could be asset against Temeffia. Do you

A/ Point him in the direction of Temeffia
    B/ Invite him into the camp
    C/ Shoot him

Chapter 24: X Off
    You have chosen B/ Invite him into the camp

The Independent may be looking for PoPs, but not necessarily to join him. Perhaps GP can persuade him to join your side.

The man looks hesitant, but he can see that you're all armed and makes the smart choice. ''Very well.'' he says, and the entrance is opened for him. You tell the others that you will guide him to GP, so the two of you make your way there.

''So, is Pimp of Pimps here or not?'' he asks again.

You tell him that you know of PoPs but he's not here, and that the leader can give him more information. This seems to satisfy The Independent, as he remains silent until reaching GP's place.

The walker head sits where it did last time you were here. The Independent seems unfazed by it. Other than the head's moaning, the house seems quiet, so you assume that X left at some point. You walk into the office and, as you expected, Great Potato sits alone. GP nods at you, then raises an eyebrow at the Independent.

''We managed to calm X down for now, but he's still out for blood and you'll have to deal with him later. But enough about that, who's your friend? I personally know everyone inside this fence and he isn't one of them.''

You explain what happened, both with the Independent and with Avalon. You hand GP the walkie talkie.

''Why would you tell him Z is dead? We could have used that information to our advantage.'' GP shakes his head disapprovingly. ''Anyway, Indy, you want to know about PoPs? I'll tell you all I know.''

Then GP tells the story he told you in the prison cell. Everything, from the start of Temeffia to GP's defection. But he doesn't mention the events of last night. Afterwards, the Indy sits in silence for a full minute, processing the information, before speaking up.

''Okay, I'll stick around until I can confirm your story. But I won't be fighting any battles until I can decide for myself which side is right.''

''Good enough for me.'' GP responds. He looks at you, ''You can leave now. This man and I have some more to discuss. You need to learn how to work with your new comrades before I can fully trust you.''

You leave as ordered, just as GP starts to ask the Indy what he wants with PoPs. But as soon as you leave the building, you sense a presence to your right. You dodge forwards and just barely avoid being struck by a massive fist on the side of the head.

''Nice reflexes. Why don't you try hitting me again, asshole? I dare you.'' X says, pulling his arm back and cracking his knuckles, ready for a fight.

Decision time. You could run, but it's not a big community and X will find you eventually. You're the new guy here, so will anyone help you fight off X if you ask? Do you:

A/ Stand and fight
    B/ Run away
    C/ Call for help

Chapter 25: And The Winner Is...
    You have chosen A/ Stand and fight

Because fuck this guy.

You enter a fighting stance and take the measure of X. He's left his rocket launcher somewhere and has no other weapons on him. He's around 6'4 like you estimated earlier, and judging from his attempted punch a second ago, he isn't exactly slow. But you do have one advantage; you've landed a hit on him before, and he's yet to hit you. If you can keep it that way, the idea that maybe he can't hit you will always be in his back of his mind. And the best way to avoid a strike? Make him angry.

You smirk and give him the middle finger.

Which achieves the desired result. X shouts and charges at you. You dodge easily to the left, kicking him in the shin as you do so. This barely fazes X, as he turns quickly and throws another punch, which you just barely avoid this time.

''Fight me, you pussy!'' X screams as he continues his attack.

But your strategy's working, so you keep at it. This continues for some time; X attacks, you evade and strike lightly, rinse and repeat. A crowd starts to form around you both, excited by the action. Cries of 'Stop running around!' and 'Fight like a man!' reach your ears, but you ignore them. X is getting slower with every passing minute, so your hits must be having an effect.

X tries for another running strike, and you dodge and kick his leg again. But this time, it takes him down. He drops to one knee and pants loudly, whether out of fatigue or pain is hard to tell. This is your best chance to end the fight, so you rush in and prepare to kick his stupid head in.

But it was a trap. Just as you're about to swing your foot forward, X spins around and aims a massive uppercut at your chin. You're in mid motion so it's too late to avoid the blow, so you can only hope that your kick connects first. You both connect simultaneously, and the world goes black.

When you regain consciousness, you're lying in a hopsital bed and looking up at a white ceiling. A man in a lab coat walks over when he notices you're awake.

''Welcome back.'' He says cheerfully, in a French accent. His nametag reads 'Doctor Dai Don Dedede'.

''I caught the end to your fight. You're lucky to get off with no major injuries after an uppercut like that. But you better rest up until I can be sure you're okay.'' He looks to his right, ''My other patient would like a word with you.''

You follow his gaze and see X sitting on a bed not ten feet from you. You immediately get ready for another fight but X raises his hands.

''Relax buddy, I've had enough fighting for one day. That was a mean kick you threw, caught me right on the jaw. Though I only blacked out for a few minutes and you've been out for an hour, so I think I won that round.'' he brags, laughing.

Then he gets up and walks towards you, looking a little shamefaced actually, ''Listen, I'm sorry I was so aggressive. I can be a bit of an asshole sometimes.''

No kidding, you think.

''But we've had our fight, and even though you were running around for most of it, you knocked me out and that impresses me. I'm hoping we can get past this now. So, I am forgiven?''

X extends his hand. Dr Dedede stands behind him, encouraging you to shake it.

Decision time. X seems like one of those 'asshole-at-first-but-can-be-friendly-in-time' types, so it couldn't hurt to have him as an ally. But he thinks he won that fight? Ridiculous, he just got lucky. Do you:

A/ Shake his hand
    B/ Don't shake his hand
    C/ Sucker punch him again

Chapter 26: What Doesn't Kill You...
    You have chosen A/ Shake his hand

No use in going out of your way to keep this guy as an enemy.

You shake X's hand firmly. But instead of letting go, he tightens his grip. You tighten yours in return. X's face goes red from the effort and you can feel the same happening to you.

''Okay, that's enough, I don't want to have to deal with broken hands too!'' Dedede shouts, getting inbetween the two of you and breakng up the handshake.

''Haha, sorry man, can't help but test my strength whenever I get the chance. But we're cool now.''

You and X are now bros.

''I see you two have made up.'' says a voice from the doorway. You turn and see Great Potato standing on the threshold. He makes his way in, followed by Pacifista and The Independent.

''Yup, we're best friends now. Funny how a fight will do that.'' X replies.

''Good, because we have more important business to deal with. Pimp of Pimps got in contact with me through the walkie talkie. He wants to meet in person.''

''After you killed his man? Shit, I thought he'd be out for blood, not a meeting.''

''I was surprised too, but I might as well find out what he wants. He's chosen the location, too. An old warehouse around halfway between here and Temeffia. I know the place. It's got wide open ground all around it, so setting up an ambush would be difficult. He wants to meet in an hour, so we should leave as soon as possible.

''He says we should each take four of our men for insurance.'' GP turns to you, ''So far I've chosen you, Pacifista and the Indy. I'll leave who the fourth man is up to you. I want you to feel comfortable with whoever we bring.''

''I have to object, GP.'' says Dedede, ''This guy just woke up, he might have a concussion for all I know. He's in no condition to go on a mission.''

''Sorry Doctor, this isn't up for debate. But don't worry, this is probably a negotiation we're going to, not a fight. I'm hoping he can act as a mediator when I speak with Pimps.''

You ask GP who PoPs is bringing with him.

''He didn't say, but I'm willing to bet it's his Red Guard. They're a group of four individuals that PoPs personally trained in armed and unarmed combat, so it'd be unwise to fight them without reason. Not to mention they're fiercely loyal to PoPs.''

X turns to Pacifista and asks, ''But they're not as good as you, right? Seriously, can anything get past that armour?''

''Unfortunately, yes. My armour isn't invulnerable, it has its weak points. I've seen The Red Guard in action and they're definitely skilled enough to exploit said weak points.''

''Well, let's hope it doesn't come to a firefight.'' GP adds, then asks you once more, ''So, who else do you want us to bring?''

''Sub me in coach, I'm ready to go!'' X shouts energetically.

''I'd rather you stay here, X.'' Dedede suggests. ''You weren't knocked out for long, but I'd rather keep you a while longer until I can be sure you're healthy.''

''What? Don't give me that shit Doc, this guy was out cold for an hour and he's going!'' X exclaims, pointing at you.

''Because our leader insists that he goes, but there's no sense in risking your health when it's unnecessary.''

Decision time. You're going to meet PoPs again, and you must choose who among your new allies will accompany you. X would be the obvious choice, but there's a chance he's hurt. Three other candidates come to mind; two you've met, one you haven't. Do you:

A/ Bring along Nightfall
    B/ Bring along Alex D. Boss
    C/ Bring along X
    D/ Bring along Rex
    Last edited by DoflaMihawk; 08-24-2017 at 08:14 PM.

A

A

You better own a comic shop

You have chosen A/ Attempt to save the man

There's always strength in numbers. Also, free comics.

You rush into the alleyway, grabbing hold of your machete. You kill a few of them before your weakened state affects your fighting ability. Fortunately, the elderly man uses his gun as a melee weapon to bash some heads in. The two of you manage to take them all out without getting bitten.

''Thanks a bunch.'' The man says, shaking your hand, ''The name's Makenzye, but you can call me Mak. C'mon, I'll show you my stash. Don't bother with the other buildings, they're all cleared out.''

You are now friends with Mak

You and Mak enter the building on the far side of the town, where he shows you his stash of comics. On the covers you see Superman, Spiderman, and several other superheroes you don't recognise. No Batman, though.

''I'll let you read some later, but right now it looks like you need something to drink. I was heading towards a nearby community before those walkers caught up to me. I hear it's pretty big and well-protected. They'll probably have food or water for you, and it shouldn't be far from here. Want to come with?''

You now desperately need water. Mak says this town has nothing left, but he may have not checked every building. On the other hand, this community Mak mentions may be your best chance at survival, but if it doesn't exist, you won't have the strength to return here. Do you:

A/ Stay in the town and search for supplies
    B/ Join Mak and set off to find the community
    C/ Kill Mak, steal his comics and then decide what to do

Of course, Mak.

A

B

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

who da fuck even is this guy, he doesn't talk about how death is closing in on his old self or even mormon us

C

A

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    Nothing wrong with incest whatsoever, so this concern that the normalization of homosexuality will cause it to become less stigmatized is completely unwarranted

B

I AM THROGG! THE TRUE KING IN THE NORTH!!!

You have chosen B/ Join Mak and set off to find the community.

Searching the town would likely be a waste of time, and this very old guy's idea is your only alternative. You agree to his plan.

'Great' he says, 'Off we go then.'

You walk out of town without searching any of the buildings.

A few minutes later, you decide to ask Mak why he didn't have any Batman comics. This kicks off a 20 minute rant about how it's the Batman fanbase which ruins Batman.

Mak's rant has severely weakened you.

After Mak has finished, you can see a large wall up head, curving outwards. Likely protecting the community Mak had mentioned earlier. But by this point you are so weak that you need to lean on Mak's shoulder to continue onwards. You head for the wall.

'Stop!' someone calls from above.

You look up and see a man standing on top of the wall, holding a sniper rifle. Also, he is wearing bright yellow pants.

'Please, young man, let us inside.' Mak calls desperately, ' This man needs water immediately!'

The man on the wall pauses. It's hard to tell from this distance, but you believe he might actually be smiling, 'Sorry friend, we've already got too many people in our group as it is. Buuuut since I'm a nice guy, I'll let just one of you inside. So who's it going to be?'

Mak turns to you without hesitation and says, 'You go in, buddy. Don't worry, I'll be fine.'

Mak will likely die if left alone out here, as he has no bullets in his gun and no other weapons. On the other hand, you chances of survival out here are even smaller because of your health. Either way, whoever doesn't get inside is probably a goner.

A/ Join the community yourself
    B/ Insist that Mak joins the community
    C/ Walk away with Mak and try to find somewhere else

That's what y'all get for not searching the town first.

B

Don't need to damn community, I'll do this myself.

B

Strength in Numbers. Also missed the last one... better check this more often

A) Time to ditch the old man, dont need his boring ass rants weakening us further

B

We'll be rewarded in heaven.

C

Thanks to Cake~

C

Like Ava has a good community

What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.

Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

Community of dupe maker is just a madman with multiple personalities

Thanks to Cake~

That's why we have to pick B! We might learn of what goes on in there.

Nah man, we'd get duped to death and he'd try to kill us with heston emojis.

No thanks. Move along.