0 0%
  • 4/5

4 50.00%
  • 5/5

3 37.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why Megishima should win his match, he can feasibly put up a resistance against Eishi especially if he proves himself against Rindou.

If he loses it's probably going to fall on Souma and Erina to take down an Eishi + Rindou tag team, and I don't think there's a way to possibly write them winning that scenario without it reeking of total horseshit. It would also stir the pot a bit because having a clean sweep for Central is super predictable and not very interesting, especially right after that last batch which were three of the most predictable matches we've seen in the entirety of the manga.
    I don't have faith in Megishima taking down Eishi but I'm strictly talking of one on ones in the above posts. If Megishima has proper help, he could take down Eishi but I highly doubt Central's biggest threat would fall to a non main cast member.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I don't have faith in Megishima taking down Eishi but I'm strictly talking of one on ones in the above posts. If Megishima has proper help, he could take down Eishi but I highly doubt Central's biggest threat would fall to a non main cast member.
    I was talking about Megishima supporting Souma, if the author remembers teamwork is allowed that is, because I don't see Eishi falling to anyone else than our MC. At least if he has 2nd seat level support I can buy into him beating Eishi more, but if they have to asspull a win against not just Eishi, but Rindou as well with no Megishima on their side, then there's no way to write that victory that wouldn't be completely terrible. They already needed to pull out air conditioning as an excuse to allow Souma to overcome a chef apparently weaker than the one Megishima just stomped, what's going to happen with Eishi and Rindou if Megishima is not there?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I was talking about Megishima supporting Souma, if the author remembers teamwork is allowed that is, because I don't see Eishi falling to anyone else than our MC. At least if he has 2nd seat level support I can buy into him beating Eishi more, but if they have to asspull a win against not just Eishi, but Rindou as well with no Megishima on their side, then there's no way to write that victory that wouldn't be completely terrible. They already needed to pull out air conditioning as an excuse to allow Souma to overcome a chef apparently weaker than the one Megishima just stomped, what's going to happen with Eishi and Rindou if Megishima is not there?
    you said feasibly put up resistance so I thought you meant directly

tbh, if Rindou does take down Megishima, I don't think Central would put Eishi and Rindou in the same bout again out of arrogance and/or pis/cis. If it does happen though, I can see Eishi/Rindou/whoever being taken down by a team of Souma/Isshiki/Erina with Isshiki taking the fall against Rindou but massively helping Souma out. Still don't know how the full rules operate but if Souma and Erina win consecutively even with an Isshiki loss, they should win the bout and eliminate Eishi no? Regardless, this scenario would rely on the cliche "ah, Eishi's dish had the superior taste but this blossoming teamwork gave way for a beautiful and new creative dish that wouldn't lose to that taste". It's still bs but better than the AC bs and it's kinda how Souma beat Alice, Hayama and partly Nene. I also think Isshiki would have better synergy with Souma to help defeat Eishi than Megishima but we'll see.

and all of this is disregarding favorable themes, my Eishi opinion could change once I see how he handles green tea with his French expertise, it could make or break his air of invincibility

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    you said feasibly put up resistance so I thought you meant directly

tbh, if Rindou does take down Megishima, I don't think Central would put Eishi and Rindou in the same bout again out of arrogance and/or pis/cis. If it does happen though, I can see Eishi/Rindou/whoever being taken down by a team of Souma/Isshiki/Erina with Isshiki taking the fall against Rindou but massively helping Souma out. Still don't know how the full rules operate but if Souma and Erina win consecutively even with an Isshiki loss, they should win the bout and eliminate Eishi no?
    In that scenario Rindou would survive and move onto the next round since she would have beaten Isshiki. You can support and lift up your team, but you don't get dragged down with them if they fail.

If Nene had won against Souma then Julio and Souka would have been eliminated, but Nene would have eliminated Souma and lived on to be used in another match, putting it at 7 v 6 instead of the 8 v 5 it's at now.