Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see any clause that tells him to pull back. He has his hands full with the setup of my red army, brown is overkill. Karin is one of the best generals alive.

So Riboku, who has no such clause, will defend against a second army, but Junsou, who's been told to be on the look out, won't? Ok, got it.
    I'm waiting to hear what the others have to say.

- - - Updated - - -

We've been through this last game, it's how it's currently played. Besides, I have a clause in prep that mentions things like dismounting. If, at any point, the horses become a hindrance, my soldiers will dismount.
    Clauses.
    I don't need a clause for that. They will act as they do in the manga unless a clause specifically says otherwise. Riboku will not fight on a place he stand a big chance of loosing.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    So your soldiers will be dismounted with horses trailing behind them during the whole battle?
    If the terrain ahead is visibly disadvantageous for the horses, they'll leave them. They won't ever be finding themselves in a situation where they need to dismount mid fight.
    You have a close about dismounting while sieging, but even if we enlarge it to encompass all situations when it's more advantageous to be on foot like for example getting attacked from all angles by mountain men it's still gonne be a capharnam in your ranks
    You can drop the *even* because they'll be discussing these things, I've just given a few examples. They are profound generals, not idiots. Dismounting shouldn't even be mentioned, but I did never the less, because people.
    As for getting surrounded, as far as I can see, my pink and his green army are meeting in the fields/forests. Don't see how he'll get the "all angles" attack there.

@Nordlending;
    How does this map look to you? In case you wonder why brown has multiple arrows:
    Brown army (10k):
    Kokuou and Maron:
    - Lead the brown army to attack the enemy and communicate with the other armies.
    - Be flexible with your destination and objective, change them if necessary.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Brown only has one arrow in Void's post. I can't see the image below the text.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    That's weird, I can see it.
    http://imgur.com/6j7Ug9r
    Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    yeah, you're right, I double checked my PMs just now to see if I missed a map revision but the first link doesn't work and the last one is the one I posted.

Explain thyself Zentosu
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Map: http://imgur.com/6j7Ug9r The 3 brown arrows are not 3 armies, they are possible paths.

I:
    The most boring: pink vs green, 15k vs 15k. I don't see a lot happening here.

II:
    Red vs black. Karin vs Riboku. 20k vs 20k. Well, Karin, Choutou, Kouyoku, Rinbukun and Shoumou vs Riboku. Karin elites and Kouyoku units, to boot.
    Riboku is great and all, but so is Karin. Not only that, she has 3 brutes to plow through Riboku's forces. There is no one to stop them. Unless you want to send Riboku against my team up clause, in which case, thank you.

That's not all, though. A 10k strong bandit army is coming in to join the party.
    I fail to see how Riboku is not getting his teeth kicked in like a little bitch. As soon as that happens, Ordo is getting overrun from the back, as well.

III:
    Last battlefield, blue 29k vs blue 20k and yellow 20k (who will be joining after they finish whatever it is they're looking for way over there). This battlefield would had me genuinely worried, if it weren't for my clauses.

I'm gonna start with Junsou, who has been tasked with defending. I have had scouts sent out and I will know where the Keisha army is. There is no way that Junsou will ignore them. He has Ranbi-chan on him to fuck up anyone who wants to try his luck.

The other clauses; Mouten and Futei who have been told to act as independent if necessary, which we know is very effective in mitigating damage.
    All my blue army has to do is hold out longer than Riboku and that's an easy task.

Final touch:
    Add to all of that the fact that every single one of my armies has flexibility clauses, and it's completely conceivable to adjust and send reinforcements if necessary.

Anyone who says that Riboku can hold out longer than Gokei has a really bad taste of humor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    yeah, you're right, I double checked my PMs just now to see if I missed a map revision but the first link doesn't work and the last one is the one I posted.

Explain thyself Zentosu
    I did?
    Brown army (10k):
    Kokuou and Maron:
    - Lead the brown army to attack the enemy and communicate with the other armies.
    - Be flexible with your destination and objective, change them if necessary.
    Last edited by Zentos; 06-17-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Be flexible with your destination and objective, change them if necessary.
    doesn't mean you can just split into 3 separate destinations

since you've grouped Kokuou and Maron together, I'm going to think they take action and execute clauses together. splitting into three armies isn't good here but if those paths suggest potential paths to flank Riboku, then disregard this and state it as such on the map.
    All Hail Aldo Jones

doesn't mean you can just split into 3 separate destinations

since you've grouped Kokuou and Maron together, I'm going to think they take action and execute clauses together. splitting into three armies isn't good here but if those paths suggest potential paths to flank Riboku, then disregard this and state it as such on the map.
    No, not 3 separate armies. Just possible paths that the whole army and its 2 commanders can take.
    Last edited by Zentos; 06-17-2017 at 10:12 PM.

strategy wise it's quite even, but Zentos side should edge it out a bit with the number of officers?

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    strategy wise it's quite even, but Zentos side should edge it out a bit with the number of officers?
    I should have an edge strategy wise as well, because his Keisha (yellow) army will first miss their mark, while none of my armies do that. I also have scouts which will tell me the location of the Keisha army, so that Junsou can prepare for them.

It doesn't work like that, an army attacking from the flank will do more damage attacking from flank.
    Keisha position isn't fatal by any means

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    It doesn't work like that, an army attacking from the flank will do more damage attacking from flank.
    Keisha position isn't fatal by any means
    What does that even mean? I have Junsou tasked specifically with a task of not allowing that to happen. He has Ranbihaku with him, who is stronger than anyone on Kiesha's army. He's making minced meat out of them.
    Not only that, Mouten and Futei have clauses to become independent if necessary. Since my scouts will find Keisha's army before they attack me, Junsou can prepare everything he needs to be able to defend without major losses.

I mean, Riboku is alone fighting against worse numerical odds and against 5+2 officers, one of which is on his level. He has no one to stop my fighters (Ranbihaku, Shoumou and Kouyoku), either.
    What's he gonna do? He is getting flanked/hit in the rear as well, by my bandit army. As if Karin elites and the Kouyoku unit weren't enough to handle.
    Last edited by Zentos; 06-18-2017 at 08:38 AM.

@Crispinianus; @Aliasniamor; @Cyri; get in here to vote, one more day or so

@Dai Don Dedede; final thoughts if you please

that being said, I'm so lazy and burnt out right now so I might skimp on some shit (definitely no corner) but here goes:

At first glance and pondering, was gonna give the CiC battle to Zentos because he's got the bandits to flank, the muscle to overpower the front, and Riboku has no help. But upon reading the clauses closer, Ordo can be a huge help to Riboku with high ground flank and mountain climbing maneuvering. Riboku also has Zhao cav that can help him out with the bandits' flank from lower ground and possibly with Karin's muscle. Most iffy thing is if Karin will allow and trust her muscle heads to spearhead an attack on Riboku (which I guess Zentos is counting on) on this sort of terrain. Riboku isn't falling as fast as I originally thought and things are kinda in Nord's favor until Zentos' pink army reinforces Karin and attacks Ordo. I'll try to come back to this later.

Both blue armies should be a straight forward fight when they meet, personally leaning towards Gekishin over Gokei in ability/terrain familiarity but Gokei has the better clauses and numbers. I'm digging the chariots usage, although Keisha has the clause to help out Gekishin by attacking an army they know if, it's folly to bust through a dust shield and he's got a clause not to be careless too. That stall is crucial for Zentos and he should be able to largely take out Gekishin with superior clauses and manpower in that time.

All in all, Zentos will win the north and eventually definitively win the south when the pink army comes into play. But he doesn't care about votes so [Nord]
    All Hail Aldo Jones

All in all, Zentos will win the north and eventually definitively win the south when the pink army comes into play. But he doesn't care about votes so [Nord]
    I fucking love you, +repped.

you make a weird use of commanders in chiefs, people. Zentos has two without specified inner hierarchy, while nord has his taking the field immediately and keeps mougou to be the communication lynchpin, using him only for intel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    you make a weird use of commanders in chiefs, people. Zentos has two without specified inner hierarchy, while nord has his taking the field immediately and keeps mougou to be the communication lynchpin, using him only for intel.
    Only because they are bandits with a long joint service record. Karin is CiC because she's the better general and in the safest spot, no idea what's weird about that.

Only because they are bandits with a long joint service record. Karin is CiC because she's the better general and in the safest spot, no idea what's weird about that.
    what's weird is gokei is also cic, according to your strat

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    what's weird is gokei is also cic, according to your strat
    Aw shiet, that's what I get for copy pasting, just scratch the last clause. Karin is my CiC like all the games so far.

What's funny is that Void caught quite a few subtle things that were the result of me making a strat after a long day, but he missed that.

Aw shiet, that's what I get for copy pasting, just scratch the last clause. Karin is my CiC like all the games so far.

What's funny is that Void caught quite a few subtle things that were the result of me making a strat after a long day, but he missed that.
    that's void for you