Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @Void; @Nordlending;
    Sent the strat to Void for revision. Seeing how you haven't yet Nord, I'd like to read mine once again in the morning, dead beat tired right now. I sent it to Void anyway, just in case.

Just realised I made a mistake, but I'm on my phone now and can't change it.
    Morning, it is.
    Last edited by Zentos; 06-16-2017 at 01:55 AM.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Sure. Its due tonight anyway. You have time.v

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure. Its due tonight anyway. You have time.v
    When is yours coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    When is yours coming in?
    Tonight.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Tonight.
    I wanted to see it before I go to bed.

I wanted to see it before I go to bed.
    Wouldn't have happened anyway because Void is going to delay it anyway.

Either way. This is going to be a fun match. I think my strategy is strong, but there is a real chance it will fail spectacularly depending on what you do.

Wouldn't have happened anyway because Void is going to delay it anyway.

Either way. This is going to be a fun match. I think my strategy is strong, but there is a real chance it will fail spectacularly depending on what you do.
    Those are the best strats IMO. I try to play fun not safe.

That depends what kind of man you take me for, I believe you could've read me easily had you paid attention.

I enjoyed having 75 k troops.

- - - Updated - - -

That depends what kind of man you take me for, I believe you could've read me easily had you paid attention.
    Now that I am actually thinking about what you would do. My best guess would be:
    - Split the whole army in half.
    - Gokei and meat grinders to the east.
    - Karin and the rest south, and then then east.

Now that I am actually thinking about what you would do. My best guess would be:
    - Split the whole army in half.
    - Gokei and meat grinders to the east.
    - Karin and the rest south, and then then east.
    I wonder about that.

Let's go!

Nord:

Seven Days Prep:
    - The generals shall learn every path, corridor, hill on the map they can see and learn it by heart.
    - The Generals will discuss the general strategy and practice the tactics that works well on this terrain with the troops for 7 whole days until every troop knows exactly what they shall do when the generals order it.
    - Create a communication network that can quickly let every army know where the enemy consolidate their troops with both numbers and placement (Mougou at my top hill)

Black Army (Bottom):
    Generals: Riboku (Commander-In-chief)
    15 K Troops:
    5 K Zhao Cavalry
    - The four armies work independently to strike down the enemy armies from multiple directions.
    - Move towards enemy home area after controlling the southern map.
    - Send out Special Cavalry to strike and disrupt at weak points.

Green Army (Lower Mid):

Generals: Ordo (Vice), Gakuei
    10 K Troops:
    5 K Mountain Men
    - Move upwards, if no armies to attack at Blacks location.
    - Move into Enemy home base if going further into the north will be very disadvantageous.
    - The Mountain Men are to attack from odd angels if the options present itself (Hill climbing)

Blue Army (Middle):

Generals: Gekishin (Vice), Mangoku
    15 K Troops:
    5 K Poison Dogs
    - Move up north, if Yellow is severely outnumbered.
    - Move into enemy home base after clearing the area, time it with other armies if possible and don’t use the same path there as other armies.
    - Poison Dogs will be a strike force that can be sent to attack the army yellow is fighting if it can prove advantageous.

Yellow Army (Upper):
    Generals: Keisha (leader), Kisui, Ryutouu
    20 K Troops.
    - Are to stall armies at the north if the enemy force equal or outnumbering them.
    - Take care of it and move towards Enemy home base otherwise.
    - Attack armies they know about, but they must not be careless.

Zentos:

http://imgur.com/fpDKFyh

Deployment:

Everyone is mounted.
    Brown army (10k):
    10k bandits.
    Red army (20k):
    5k Karin elites, 5k Kouyoku unit, 7.5k heavy cavalry, 1.5k cavalry archers and 1k cavalry fire bowmen.
    Pink army (16k):
    12k cavalry with shields, 3k cavalry archers with shields and 1k light cavalry scouts.
    Blue army (29k):
    5k Mouten unit, 3k Futei unit, 5k heavy cavalry, 10k cavalry, 5.6k cavalry archers and 400 Wei war chariots.

Strategy and clauses:

Brown army (10k):
    Kokuou and Maron:
    - Lead the brown army to attack the enemy and communicate with the other armies.
    - Be flexible with your destination and objective, change them if necessary.

Red army (20k):
    Karin (CiC):
    - Lead the red army to attack the enemy and communicate with the other armies.
    - Be wary of traps/ambushes and make sure you keep an eye on the general flow of battle.
    Choutou:
    - Assist Karin to the best of your ability and protect her without regard for your own life.
    Kouyoku:
    - Listen to Karin's order and team up with Rinbukun and Shoumou, but act as an independent unit if necessary.
    Rinbukun and Shoumou:
    - Listen to Karin's orders and team up with each other and Kouyoku.
    - Don't be too hot headed and always be on the lookout for traps and ambushes.

Pink army (15k):
    Chousou (ViC):
    - Lead the pink army, which will position itself behind the other armies, in order to serve as reinforcements where needed.
    - Communicate with the other armies and especially keep an eye on armies trying to attack the back of our forces.
    Kousonryuu:
    - Assist Chousou in fulfilling his tasks to the best of your ability and send 1k light cavalry scouts (yellow) to check for enemies, after which they are to return.
    Shunmen:
    - Stay close to Chousou and listen to his orders.

Blue army (30k):
    Gokei (CiC):
    - Lead the blue army to attack the enemy and communicate with the other armies.
    - Be wary of traps/ambushes and make sure you keep an eye on the general flow of battle.
    Junsou (ViC):
    - Assist Gokei to the best of your ability, while prioritising the rear defense.
    - Send the 400 Wei war chariots to create a dust storm (green) and have them return to Gokei after the blue army passes them (around the second blue-yellow intersection).
    Ranbihaku:
    - Stay close to Junsou and listen to his orders.
    Kanou:
    - Listen to Gokei's orders and team up with the other fighters.
    Mouten:
    - Listen to Gokei's order and team up with the other fighters, but act as an independent unit if necessary.
    Futei:
    - Listen to Gokei's order and team up with the other fighters, but act as an independent unit if necessary.

Preparation:

- Karin is to hold a meeting where everyone will be told about the primary strategy to make sure they do it right (things like dismounting while sieging, being careful, using (fire) archers, etc.) and that they discard their pride.

- They will also talk about their course of action in case the enemy is spotted elsewhere and the strategy needs to be changed.

- The army is to put flags and markings on the hill to make it look like it's defended.

@Crispinianus; @Aliasniamor; @gn_x00; @Cyri;
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

That's interesting.

Keisha will move meet no opposition on his route. Kill some pesky scouts and move towards the enemy home base. Give my prep/instinct they will know about Gokei and his blue army that is fighting Gekishin. They will attack that army from the side, and completely obliterate them.

You have 7 days and Riboku and didn't fortify?

My red and brown armies will battle your black army in a 20k+10k vs 20k.

My pink army will battle your green army in a 15k vs 15k.

My blue army will battle your blue and yellow armies in a 29k vs 20k+20k.

The difference? Your black army is not watching their backs, my brown army will catch them with their pants down.
    My blue army, on the other hand, has special clauses for back protection. They should hold out just fine.

On top of that, you have clashes like Karin vs Riboku, where Karin has a lot more officers and stronger units.

- - - Updated - - -

That's interesting.

Keisha will move meet no opposition on his route. Kill some pesky scouts and move towards the enemy home base. Give my prep/instinct they will know about Gokei and his blue army that is fighting Gekishin. They will attack that army from the side, and completely obliterate them.
    Junsou (ViC):
    - Assist Gokei to the best of your ability, while prioritising the rear defense.
    No they won't, sorry. Ranbi-chan is with Junsou, and Mouten/Futei can become independent if necessary (via clauses).

Your black army without rear defense, on the other hand, will fall prey to my brown army that's hitting them in the back.
    Last edited by Zentos; 06-17-2017 at 08:13 PM.

You have 7 days and Riboku and didn't fortify?

My red and brown armies will battle your black army in a 20k+10k vs 20k.

My pink army will battle your green army in a 15k vs 15k.

My blue army will battle your blue and yellow armies in a 29k vs 20k+20k.

The difference? Your black army is not watching their backs, my brown army will catch them with their pants down.
    My blue army, on the other hand, has special clauses for back protection. They should hold out just fine.

On top of that, you have clashes like Karin vs Riboku, where Karin has a lot more officers and stronger units.

- - - Updated - - -

No they won't, sorry.

Your black army without rear defense, on the other hand, will fall prey to my brown army that's hitting them in the back.
    I am not attacking your rear. I am attacking your flank. 29 k vs 20 k from one front and 20 k from another. My position makes their troop number far more effective than yours.

The black army is watching their back. They can see them moving down there. They have to take a long way around. Also, they are bandits. They have their uses, but against trained troops that have spent the last week practicing against such attacks. They will be bother, rather than a threat.

I am not attacking your rear. I am attacking your flank. 29 k vs 20 k from one front and 20 k from another. My position makes their troop number far more effective than yours.
    That hardly makes a difference here, Junsou isn't focused on the battle ahead, he's focused on defense. You're not getting a surprise attack in when I have a strategist watching out for them.

The black army is watching their back. They can see them moving down there. They have to take a long way around. Also, they are bandits. They have their uses, but against trained troops that have spent the last week practicing against such attacks. They will be bother, rather than a threat.
    Even without my brown army, your black army is facing Karin elites, Kokuyou unit and heavy cavalry. You aren't winning that any way, with the brown army in the mix, it's a stomp.

That hardly makes a difference here, Junsou isn't focused on the battle ahead, he's focused on defense. You're not getting a surprise attack in when I have a strategist watching out for them.

Even without my brown army, your black army is facing Karin elites, Kokuyou unit and heavy cavalry. You aren't winning that any way, with the brown army in the mix, it's a stomp.
    Unless Riboku simply pullback to an more easily defensible position to wage war in. He won't place himself in a bad postion where he can lose. He is Riboku.

Also its not a surprise attack. It simply an attack that's coming to kill you. That guy is focused on defense, but he is prioritizing the rear. That means you flank has more openings that Keisha can feast on.

Honestly I'm tempted to give this to Nord simply because you once again got yourself a fully mounted army
    What's your heavy cavalry gonna do in mountainous/hilly terrain? This kind of terrain robs cavalry from their mobility, speed and maneuverability. The only ones who should be able to perform at least remotely correctly on their horses are Riboku's cavalry, Ordo and Gekishin's men and Karin's elites.

Unless Riboku simply pullback to an more easily defensible position to wage war in. He won't place himself in a bad postion where he can lose. He is Riboku.
    I don't see any clause that tells him to pull back. He has his hands full with the setup of my red army, brown is overkill. Karin is one of the best generals alive.

Also its not a surprise attack. It simply an attack that's coming to kill you. That guy is focused on defense, but he is prioritizing the rear. That means you flank has more openings that Keisha can feast on.
    So Riboku, who has no such clause, will defend against a second army, but Junsou, who's been told to be on the look out, won't? Ok, got it.
    I'm waiting to hear what the others have to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    Honestly I'm tempted to give this to Nord simply because you once again got yourself a fully mounted army
    What's your heavy cavalry gonna do in mountainous/hilly terrain? This kind of terrain robs cavalry from their mobility, speed and maneuverability. The only ones who should be able to perform at least remotely correctly on their horses are Riboku's cavalry, Ordo and Gekishin's men and Karin's elites.
    We've been through this last game, it's how it's currently played. Besides, I have a clause in prep that mentions things like dismounting. If, at any point, the horses become a hindrance, my soldiers will dismount.
    Clauses.

I'll get to this later

hopefully then I'll have time to finally make a corner and make you two butthurt
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

After reading it all still thinking of giving this to Nord surprisingly, will explain in more details later

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see any clause that tells him to pull back. He has his hands full with the setup of my red army, brown is overkill. Karin is one of the best generals alive.

So Riboku, who has no such clause, will defend against a second army, but Junsou, who's been told to be on the look out, won't? Ok, got it.
    I'm waiting to hear what the others have to say.

- - - Updated - - -

We've been through this last game, it's how it's currently played. Besides, I have a clause in prep that mentions things like dismounting. If, at any point, the horses become a hindrance, my soldiers will dismount.
    Clauses.
    So your soldiers will be dismounted with horses trailing behind them during the whole battle? You have a close about dismounting while sieging, but even if we enlarge it to encompass all situations when it's more advantageous to be on foot like for example getting attacked from all angles by mountain men it's still gonne be a capharnam in your ranks