Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    imo the updated troops (the one with 85k and 65k) should benefit me more.

the points about mounted archers not being suited for capture the hill still stands, heavy cavalry either will be behind since they are slower or the whole army itself will be slower since they need to adjust the speed to the heavy cavalry

and the left army number being bigger really won't benefit much since the area is narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have my troop count slightly off I changed it in my second to last private message tell to you
    my bad, I only checked the first and last PMs because I didn't remember stuff from the second one. Fixed now

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    imo the updated troops (the one with 85k and 65k) should benefit me more.

the points about mounted archers not being suited for capture the hill still stands, heavy cavalry either will be behind since they are slower or the whole army itself will be slower since they need to adjust the speed to the heavy cavalry

and the left army number being bigger really won't benefit much since the area is narrow.
    I agree my original strat would've worked better,but I wanted to be fair because this is the one I picked. Now I beleieve my middle army is in a good posistion(i mean even if we show up at the same time I have more troops and better intell/leadership Ouki only wins in attack) I beleive if we kill the CiC we win correct? I view me being able to do that . Now Ouki could retreat to his other armies,but Ibelieve Yot would have enough spare units to set up archers on the other hill. Even if we aren't able to set up archers on the other hill we should be able to hit team Houken. Now with this strat I know we won't win middle hill as easily, but team Kyou should do much better and do not forgot my armies goal is to win with leadership(or thats what I tried to show in my clauses)

Honestly this is close I'm not saying I win for sure, but I dont think it's a clear win or loss
    Last edited by Cyri; 06-17-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Now I beleieve my middle army is in a good posistion(i mean even if we show up at the same time I have more troops and better intell/leadership Ouki only wins in attack)
    the difference of 85.000 troops vs 70.000 troops and 96 vs 95 int is quite negligible. However, my blue army is attacking at the same time, so it's actually your 85.000 troops vs my 110.000 troops.

I beleive if we kill the CiC we win correct? I view me being able to do that . Now Ouki could retreat to his other armies,but Ibelieve Yot would have enough spare units to set up archers on the other hill. Even if we aren't able to set up archers on the other hill we should be able to hit team Houken. Now with this strat I know we won't win middle hill as easily, but team Kyou should do much better and do not forgot my armies goal is to win with leadership(or thats what I tried to show in my clauses)
    you're jumping to conclusion way too quickly.

your army only have 20k light cavalry to charge. Even with good commanders, it will prove hard to breach Ouki's defense when they are severely limited in troops.

Gaimou and Houken will hit your army flank/rear around the same time there will be a battle in the center hill. The path that Gaimou needs is only slightly longer than Ouki, and it should be faster since they don't need to climb a hill. That's why your generals can't really focus their attention to only Ouki either

hoo boy, let's give it a try
    bolded for important tldr, although i don't think it will be that clear

they are definitely closer, can't argue that. However troops composition should say speed is quite equal, more or less:

Cyri got 50k Mounted Archers, 25k Light Cavalry, 20k Heavy Cavalry. The heavy cavalry is obviously slower, while the bulk of mounted archers will find it hard to shoot once my army comes near Cyri's own troops as seen a few times in the manga.
    Ouki get all normal cavalry, 2k of them being fast cavalry and 25.000 of them being archers. The poison archers will help having an early advantage since their poison is quite deadly that a single graze is enough to stop someone from battling.
    why are you downplaying his mounted archers yet wanking yours? like, why can't his shoot your army but your poison archers can somehow shoot his army?

Regardless, Hakurei has shown that archers and mounted archers are great support for melee troops. I'm not expecting a synergy here on the level of Hakurei/Kouyoku, but these troops under Yotanwa should not be so dumb as to empty their arrows into the engagement line but rather further into the enemy reserves if they can get into range. However, I see the bulk of them going to Cyri's right to prep for supporting Kyou and/or attacking Gaimou's forces.

While I do think some of Cyri's troops who is mostly archers (who probably will already be at the hill) will attack them, I think 100.000 troops shouldn't be that fast at climbing a hill that some of the troops should still be below the hill which is Gaimou's target in the first place.

However, that will make it easier for Ouki since it means some of Cyri's troops in the hill won't be concentrating on the fight with Ouki.
    Plus there's also the same problem of archers find it hard to shoot once my cavalry's charge reach Cyri's troops. and honestly, with Cyri's troops being mostly cavalry archers, then a cavalry charge led by Gaimou will be quite devastating.
    his map has four climbing lines over a wide area while you have haste clauses with a fat line but singular line. I don't see the problem with speed honestly, the hill is closer to Cyri than it is to you.

Maybe, but Ouki has to deal with a team of Yotanwa, Tou, and Bajio with support from mounted archers and Hakurei while all Ouki has on hand are poison archers and mounted archers for support until your flank team(s) gets into position. Cyri can make it even by having 70k versus 70k and sending 15k to attack Gaimou's forces from the high ground. Just a possibility.

I also don't think Gaimou will get into position that fast to attack the rear (especially if Cyri's forces are still climbing, yes, I know he's rushing) because he's taking a long winding way but also it's narrow if he wants to avoid advancing while his flanks are awkwardly moving along the sides of the hills. Not really a major problem but it has me as well as you naming Gaimou over Kaioku as vice

firstly Kyou's army is full of infantry, with half of the infantry being heavy infantry instead of normal. There's 15.000 horsemen, but they are archers which, imo.. shouldn't take vanguard normally.

Meanwhile both Earl Shi and Kyouen have all horseman. That being the case, I think Kyou's effectiveness should reduce somewhat and my troops should have advantage in speed.

2nd, we agreed before the match begin that the area on the left/right should be able to have around 20.000 troops to march effectively. 25k and it's gonna be hard. Kyou have 50k troops, so it should also reduce the effectiveness. Kyouen is meant to follow behind Earl Shi closely, acting as 2nd wave to make a clear information who moves as vanguard since the area is narrow.

left battlefield should be about even honestly
    according to your Earl Shi clause, you send scouts ahead along your path and if the enemy's there (they will be), you offer them a pitched battle at A no? Seeing as how A is way closer to Kyou than to Earl Shi even with his rushing, I don't see a problem with speed.

Indeed, but let's say when Earl Shi is at his "hill clearing" at A, then I'd say Kyou would be at her "hill clearing" around A as well. Both arrive at the same time roughly but the difference is your cavalry took a path that was about 2.5 times the length of Kyou's and you have a clause to stop a A to do battle there. That should be enough time for Kyou to get the rest of her forces into A.

Now whether infantry can take on cavalry? That's another story but I don't see how it'll matter unless both sides are sitting back and strategizing. It shouldn't be that way and it'll come down to a duel between Kyou/Shin and Earl Shi with Kyouen support. Heki and Kaine can pop some popcorn.

Overall, the Kyou/Earl Shi battlefield looks to be about even but I favor Cyri in the middle. He's got a good team that can put Ouki down and deal with Seikai imo before the flank team can really bite them in the ass (but before then, they'll be flanked from the top themselves). [Cyri]

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    why are you downplaying his mounted archers yet wanking yours? like, why can't his shoot your army but your poison archers can somehow shoot his army?
    downplaying? this is what the manga told us:

Order: Left army, fire!
    Response: We can't, they are too close in!

If we reach the enemy soldier,the enemy will stop shooting!

if you read it correctly, the poison archers just need to give advantage in the early engagement. With poison arrows being more deadly, they will cause panics which will hinder enemy charge which rely on momentum

Regardless, Hakurei has shown that archers and mounted archers are great support for melee troops. I'm not expecting a synergy here on the level of Hakurei/Kouyoku, but these troops under Yotanwa should not be so dumb as to empty their arrows into the engagement line but rather further into the enemy reserves if they can get into range. However, I see the bulk of them going to Cyri's right to prep for supporting Kyou and/or attacking Gaimou's forces
    the problem with Cyri strats is that there's barely any melee troops to support the archers.

his map has four climbing lines over a wide area while you have haste clauses with a fat line but singular line. I don't see the problem with speed honestly, the hill is closer to Cyri than it is to you.
    Void, this one is beyond a joke. This is not an art contest. the Arrows in the first place is meant as a general direction where they are meant to go isn't it? Why are you even nitpicking that picture?

Ouki is to rush to secure the central hill, would you think he'll so brain dead that he'll only using one single line instead of going with as much as possible climbing place?

Maybe, but Ouki has to deal with a team of Yotanwa, Tou, and Bajio with support from mounted archers and Hakurei while all Ouki has on hand are poison archers and mounted archers for support until your flank team(s) gets into position. Cyri can make it even by having 70k versus 70k and sending 15k to attack Gaimou's forces from the high ground. Just a possibility.
    Yotanwa, Tou and Bajio is great, but they still aren't going too far with less troops at their hand. The archers will have a hard time shooting only the enemy instead of their own allies too when it becomes a melee. Plus they need to send a general or two to fight Gaimou. Yotanwa, Tou and Bajio won't all be there to fight with Ouki.

Worst case scenario, Ouki can ask for reinforcement via clause if he really needs help and Houken/Shoubunkun will climb the hill from their position of left side.

I also don't think Gaimou will get into position that fast to attack the rear (especially if Cyri's forces are still climbing, yes, I know he's rushing) because he's taking a long winding way but also it's narrow if he wants to avoid advancing while his flanks are awkwardly moving along the sides of the hills. Not really a major problem but it has me as well as you naming Gaimou over Kaioku as vice
    The area of the "narrow path" between the hill is about the same as the area of the "narrow path" on the left and right path. And you said yourself it's perfectly fine for 20k to march through that narrow road

And you know.. SBK and Houken can go climb the hill to attack the archers? It's not like the hill can only be entered from 2 position

Rank is just rank. Gaimou is still the great general instead of Junsou, Shin is still HSU's 5k men commander instead of Ten. Why are you even nitpicking such things?

Even the manga itself didn't say that Junsou is a Wei Fire Dragon Great General

according to your Earl Shi clause, you send scouts ahead along your path and if the enemy's there (they will be), you offer them a pitched battle at A no? Seeing as how A is way closer to Kyou than to Earl Shi even with his rushing, I don't see a problem with speed.

Indeed, but let's say when Earl Shi is at his "hill clearing" at A, then I'd say Kyou would be at her "hill clearing" around A as well. Both arrive at the same time roughly but the difference is your cavalry took a path that was about 2.5 times the length of Kyou's and you have a clause to stop a A to do battle there. That should be enough time for Kyou to get the rest of her forces into A.
    your own speed chart. Cavalry should be 2x faster than infantry. Cyri's troops has a mixed of heavy infantry and normal infantry, that's why the battle will get into A and Earl Shi will block the way if they want to reinforce the central hills. It will be stalemate after that, so I don't think arguing the left battle field will matter too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    speed chart, if regular (light) cavalry can cover one unit of distance at a certain amount of time:
    poison dogs/Riboku cavalry-3x
    fast generic elite cavalry-2x
    regular cavalry/Wei chariots-1x
    heavy cavalry/generic elite chariots-.75x
    infantry/elephants-.5x
    heavy infantry-.25x
    Overall, the Kyou/Earl Shi battlefield looks to be about even but I favor Cyri in the middle. He's got a good team that can put Ouki down and deal with Seikai imo before the flank team can really bite them in the ass (but before then, they'll be flanked from the top themselves). [Cyri]
    i'm still iffy on your judgement that Ouki will be down before flank army can bite them.

1. Cyri side has barely any melee support, so they can't flank them with melee and only with arrows.

2. Arrows attacking from the hills will first meet shield to diminish the effectiveness and after they reach Cyri army they will have trouble shooting.

3. If you still think Ouki will somehow be decisively beaten that easily, then Ouki's 2nd clause should active and he'll ask Gaimou/Kaioku and/or Houken/SBK to climb the hill from left position instead of going through the narrow path before the enemy even reach Ouki for a duel.

4. With Houken and Ouki there will be no way it will be a definite fast loss for Ouki when it comes down to a duel. Plus Cyri needs to send at least a general to deal with Gaimou
    Last edited by gn_x00; 06-18-2017 at 08:31 AM.

downplaying? this is what the manga told us:

Order: Left army, fire!
    Response: We can't, they are too close in!

If we reach the enemy soldier,the enemy will stop shooting!

if you read it correctly, the poison archers just need to give advantage in the early engagement. With poison arrows being more deadly, they will cause panics which will hinder enemy charge which rely on momentum

the problem with Cyri strats is that there's barely any melee troops to support the archers.

Void, this one is beyond a joke. This is not an art contest. the Arrows in the first place is meant as a general direction where they are meant to go isn't it? Why are you even nitpicking that picture?

Ouki is to rush to secure the central hill, would you think he'll so brain dead that he'll only using one single line instead of going with as much as possible climbing place?

Yotanwa, Tou and Bajio is great, but they still aren't going too far with less troops at their hand. The archers will have a hard time shooting only the enemy instead of their own allies too when it becomes a melee. Plus they need to send a general or two to fight Gaimou. Yotanwa, Tou and Bajio won't all be there to fight with Ouki.

Worst case scenario, Ouki can ask for reinforcement via clause if he really needs help and Houken/Shoubunkun will climb the hill from their position of left side.

The area of the "narrow path" between the hill is about the same as the area of the "narrow path" on the left and right path. And you said yourself it's perfectly fine for 20k to march through that narrow road

And you know.. SBK and Houken can go climb the hill to attack the archers? It's not like the hill can only be entered from 2 position

Rank is just rank. Gaimou is still the great general instead of Junsou, Shin is still HSU's 5k men commander instead of Ten. Why are you even nitpicking such things?

Even the manga itself didn't say that Junsou is a Wei Fire Dragon Great General

your own speed chart. Cavalry should be 2x faster than infantry. Cyri's troops has a mixed of heavy infantry and normal infantry, that's why the battle will get into A and Earl Shi will block the way if they want to reinforce the central hills. It will be stalemate after that, so I don't think arguing the left battle field will matter too much.

i'm still iffy on your judgement that Ouki will be down before flank army can bite them.

1. Cyri side has barely any melee support, so they can't flank them with melee and only with arrows.

2. Arrows attacking from the hills will first meet shield to diminish the effectiveness and after they reach Cyri army they will have trouble shooting.

3. If you still think Ouki will somehow be decisively beaten that easily, then Ouki's 2nd clause should active and he'll ask Gaimou/Kaioku and/or Houken/SBK to climb the hill from left position instead of going through the narrow path before the enemy even reach Ouki for a duel.

4. With Houken and Ouki there will be no way it will be a definite fast loss for Ouki when it comes down to a duel. Plus Cyri needs to send at least a general to deal with Gaimou
    Ya you're right this is alot closer then I was making this out sometimes it feels like this game is about hyping your own army and i went a little overboard , sorry. I really did mean I think this could go either way. The only thing I believe is my middle army is in a good posistion. Maybe you know more about warfare/this type of battle then me, but I thought mounted archers were a great idea. In my mind when 2 armies clash with over 50k in each army there will be plenty of places to shoot(if there are moments where they can't shoot your Ouki army I'd imagine they could hit Houkens if he comes to defend ouki)

I agree 1 intel will not make a huge difference in the Ouki V Yot. I do believe 6 more leadership and Tou do make a huge difference though.

Also with the Ouki V Yot fight we do techincally have the same amount of melee calv give or take 5k(though half of mine will show up slower, but be stronger defensivly). Granted yes Ouki's second claus means I could lose Yot,but having all these enemies coming up a hill where Ouki is forced to back away(if he is in enough trouble to get the other armies to help I'd imagine we'd have the hill or close to) means Yot will have the advantage being on the hill IMO(and that is where my archers will shine even against shields you'll take heavey losses). Now if Ouki is able to call for reinforcements and have them show in time to keep contesting the hill(which i think this is unlikely since I think he will at least be surprised by Yot's leadership and a second in command as strong as Tou) I believe would be your best bet.

Also with Kyou's third claus I believe she might be smart enough to take over the lower hill instead of following that path. Now i will admit giving Kyou infantry is my biggest mistake, but she could still help defend Yot with the 20k mounted archers
    Last edited by Cyri; 06-18-2017 at 10:52 AM.

tbh with the map like this, it's a given that it will end with a battle of the central hills. Void said before we start that left and right is not suited for troops to march through with only 20k troops can march effectively before being hindered by terrain. With the hill being closer to Cyri side, it's pretty hard to do anything good on my side. Although an all out attack on the middle hill with 150k troops seems way more better, but considering the trend, i'm pretty sure people will nitpick and say my army will be slower because there's too many troops going over a small battlefield to make the battle closer than what it should be.

I really didn't expect Cyri to have that much mounted archers which will make Gaimou army took more damage than what i expected when I make the strats, however SBK and Houken acting as 2nd wave should help them somewhat by attacking the archers on the hill. And cavalry archers are more effective at hit and run tactics, they don't have the same breakthrough power as melee cavalry so it should help my position in the hill somewhat, especially when in total it should be a 110.000 troops vs 85k troops. Well... I should probably say that even if they are effective, my side also have 25.000 cavalry archers, although I do think they won't be that crucial in the bigger picture since my cavalry will of course trying to get the battle into a melee to make them harder to shot

Houken and Gaimou in 2 front with Ouki in front should make it much more harder for Cyri's generals to concentrate in a single battle. Tbh my only chance with this strats is the fact that Cyri's mounted archers have barely any melee coverage and my troops outnumbered the enemy troops. Although Void seems to think Gaimou will take a very long time to reach the battle field. The hill troops will need to climb the hill, Gaimou will need to take detour. It's not that different comparing both route

@Cyri; At strat Ouki does only have 45.000 cavalry, however there's also Gaimou's 20k who will try to hit your flank and Houken/SBK's reinforcement of another 20k cavalry.

If the heavy cavalry is lagging behind the army, then there's only 20k in front, however if they adjust to the heavy cavalry's speed, then Gaimou should be able to attack them from the better position since your army will slower and probably have a harder time to get into ideal position.
    Last edited by gn_x00; 06-18-2017 at 12:59 PM.

tbh with the map like this, it's a given that it will end with a battle of the central hills. Void said before we start that left and right is not suited for troops to march through with only 20k troops can march effectively before being hindered by terrain. With the hill being closer to Cyri side, it's pretty hard to do anything good on my side. Although an all out attack on the middle hill with 150k troops seems way more better, but considering the trend, i'm pretty sure people will nitpick and say my army will be slower because there's too many troops going over a small battlefield to make the battle closer than what it should be.

I really didn't expect Cyri to have that much mounted archers which will make Gaimou army took more damage than what i expected when I make the strats, however SBK and Houken acting as 2nd wave should help them somewhat by attacking the archers on the hill. And cavalry archers are more effective at hit and run tactics, they don't have the same breakthrough power as melee cavalry so it should help my position in the hill somewhat, especially when in total it should be a 110.000 troops vs 85k troops. Well... I should probably say that even if they are effective, my side also have 25.000 cavalry archers, although I do think they won't be that crucial in the bigger picture since my cavalry will of course trying to get the battle into a melee to make them harder to shot

Houken and Gaimou in 2 front with Ouki in front should make it much more harder for Cyri's generals to concentrate in a single battle. Tbh my only chance with this strats is the fact that Cyri's mounted archers have barely any melee coverage and my troops outnumbered the enemy troops. Although Void seems to think Gaimou will take a very long time to reach the battle field. The hill troops will need to climb the hill, Gaimou will need to take detour. It's not that different comparing both route

@Cyri; At strat Ouki does only have 45.000 cavalry, however there's also Gaimou's 20k who will try to hit your flank and Houken/SBK's reinforcement of another 20k cavalry.

If the heavy cavalry is lagging behind the army, then there's only 20k in front, however if they adjust to the heavy cavalry's speed, then Gaimou should be able to attack them from the better position since your army will slower and probably have a harder time to get into ideal position.
    I'll admit the fact the heavy calv will make it harder to get the middle hill. The more I think about this match the more I'm unsure of the outcome. You certainly outgeneral me that's why I have Yot as CiC to try to make my leadership pull through by making sure the troops in my army go for more then 1 for 1(I also threw Tou in here knowing you had people who can 100% defeat Yotanwa in a 1v1 fight)

Yotanwa has a bunch of generals under her I don't see why she couldn't utilize Tou to go with the heavy calv while Yot and crew hurry up to the hill. I believe it's in character for her to utilize Tou. I mean I feel like the people under Yotanwa are being overlooked a little bit. Hakurei could help lead the Mounted archers. Yotanwa knows Bajio inside and out to know how to utilize him.

And I agree if you just had one huge army take the middle hill then hunt us down there is no strat I can think of that could've countered that , but it's also the same case for me. In every game I've played it's felt like having 1 army instead of a bunch of smallers ones would almost always be better,but that takes away from the strats/funness of the game. That's why I had 3 teams last game and at least 2 this game(lol your roster was too strong for me to think of a good 3 team strat)

Finally got to read through this whole thread.

To sum up what I've understood from here, Cyri gets a better start in the middle, where he's facing Ouki and getting flanked by the other armies. However, before they can do that, they're walking through arrow rain. The question on this side is if Ouki can hold on until he gets helps.

On the other side we have quite the stalemate, but give enough time, Cyri should edge out a win. The question here is whether they can win and go help Yotanwa before that side finishes.

I'm leaning more towards Cyri, but I'm still torn between them, so I'm voting [Draw] for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Finally got to read through this whole thread.

To sum up what I've understood from here, Cyri gets a better start in the middle, where he's facing Ouki and getting flanked by the other armies. However, before they can do that, they're walking through arrow rain. The question on this side is if Ouki can hold on until he gets helps.

On the other side we have quite the stalemate, but give enough time, Cyri should edge out a win. The question here is whether they can win and go help Yotanwa before that side finishes.

I'm leaning more towards Cyri, but I'm still torn between them, so I'm voting [Draw] for now.
    I'd like to ask one question i accept you pick draw honestly i think i would too, but how do you view 6 higher leadership for Yot? I thought it'd make a huge difference like in Stren(just wondering people opinions)

I'd like to ask one question i accept you pick draw honestly i think i would too, but how do you view 6 higher leadership for Yot? I thought it'd make a huge difference like in Stren(just wondering people opinions)
    Her troops should be at a higher level than Ouki's, but he's not bad either. I think the 93 he got is downplaying him, but I'm not sure.
    I don't know, I'm really close to giving you my vote, but I'm not sure. Gn also made a good strat, so I'm having trouble here.

Her troops should be at a higher level than Ouki's, but he's not bad either. I think the 93 he got is downplaying him, but I'm not sure.
    I don't know, I'm really close to giving you my vote, but I'm not sure. Gn also made a good strat, so I'm having trouble here.
    Well like I said I'm not argueing with you about being a draw I just wanted you opinion on this, thank you.

Well like I said I'm not argueing with you about being a draw I just wanted you opinion on this, thank you.
    It's no problem. You should apologise less, we know you don't mean anything offensive and you're a really great guy.

It's no problem. You should apologise less, we know you don't mean anything offensive and you're a really great guy.
    I had a messed up childhood so I feel everything I do is wrong..... Even when I know it isnt. I'm not trying to make a excuse, but I feel it's the truth so I apoligize too much
    Last edited by Cyri; 06-19-2017 at 04:52 PM.

I had a messed up childhood so I feel everything I do is wrong..... Even when I know it isnt. I'm not trying to make a excuse, but I feel it's the truth so I'm not afraid to say it.
    Aw man, sorry to hear that. Hope everything is alright now.

It's perfectly normal to stand up for yourself, you just need to believe.

@Crispinianus; @Aliasniamor; @Nordlending; one last day, vote vote!

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Do I still have time.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    Do I still have time.
    Yes, Void posted that 2 hours ago.

@Crispinianus; @Zentos; @Nordlending; still time trollids