Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CyK 5 extra: Cyri versus gn

All players have 150k troops
    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido, GHM, Kanki and Zenou only as well as those with fire bowmen

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears (Attackers do not have prep unless they bought some and defenders get 3 days instead of 2 for free.). You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

Map:

An unclean terrain with a giant arid hill in the middle is what Crispy says but it looks to be a series of hills. Note that these aren't mesas so those slopes are perfectly climbable by horses. @Cyri; is red and @gn_x00; is blue, strat due to me in 2 days

Teams:

Cyri-0
    Kyou 61 Cyri
    Tou 66 Cyri
    Yotanwa 86 Cyri
    Shin 26 Cyri
    Hakurei 21 Cyri
    Bajio 31 Cyri
    Kaine 9 Cyri

Gn-0
    Earl Shi 52 gn
    Ouki 100 gn
    Houken 55 gn
    Gaimou 41 gn
    Kyouen 23 gn
    Seikai 15 gn
    SBK 2 Nord (trade)
    Kaioku 8 gn
    Heki 1 gn
    Fast Cavalry 2 points : 2000
    Fire Archers 1 point : 1000
    Chariots 1 point : 100 (?)

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

@Void; please tell me approximately how much troops can march through the area in left/right side without being hampered because it's too narrow? (the area which is not hills)

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Void; please tell me approximately how much troops can march through the area in left/right side without being hampered because it's too narrow? (the area which is not hills)
    sticking only to the grass and not at all going into the forest/hill area, I'd say 20k is a comfortable fit, 25k would experience some trouble.

I have some surprise work that came in so I'm asking for a 1 day extension.

sure, just take your time

i sent mine already since i'll be busy starting tomorrow

Not gonna lie I'm having trouble figuring out a good strat with that mountains having a ton of different levels. Hard for me to tell how high/low some slopes are.

yeah, it's a bit hard to see especially when the pic resolution isn't that big

anyway, from what I see there's a big middle hill in the center and 3 smaller ones around it (south, west, east).
    Hopefully i'm not wrong

anyway, from what I see there's a big middle hill in the center and 3 smaller ones around it (south, west, east).
    Hopefully i'm not wrong
    I'm gonna try to make my map super easy to read but please try to ask about it if you have any questions, because I'm gonna have troulble making my map on this type of mapso please me understanding....I dont mind much if i lost I just wanna make a fun battle

consider that more a hill than a mountain. Or rather an hill complex

Pretty close to finishing will try to finish it withen a couple hours

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully i'm not wrong
    Ohya zooming in makes it look alot easier to read thanks. It looked like to me where the grass/dirt met looked like a hole, but thank god zooming clears that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Goodluck GN just sent in my strat I look forward to the carnage of our war!

couldn't get on earlier

Strats:

gn:

Deployment:

Preparation:
    - Set up efficient ways to communicate between armies(smoke signals, etc)
    - Seikai is to give 1 poison archer’s equipment to Kyouen and teach him how to use it effectively
    - 1 Chariot is to be modified and used as sniping platform for Kyouen.

Clauses:
    Ouki [Commander In Chief] – 60.000 [2.000 fast cavalry, 43.000 cavalry, 15.000 cavalry archers]
    - Rush to secure central hill (X) as fast as possible, defeat any enemy armies trying to secure the hill.
    - Send and call reinforcement for and from other armies as needed.
    - If the enemy did not compete for Central hills (X), then red and blue armies are asked to stop in the left of the hill (A). Fight the enemy around “A” and climb the hill when it is safe.

Seikai – 10.000 [999 mounted poison archers and 9.001 mounted archers]
    - Coordinate with Ouki to use poison archers for securing the “X” hill better.

Gaimou [Vice General] & Kaioku – 20.000 [20.000 cavalry]
    - Rush to the back side of the hill using the narrow road between the hills to attack enemy who is trying to climb the central X hills.
    - Send and call reinforcement for and from other armies as needed.
    - If the enemy did not compete for Central hills (X). Stop in “A” and coordinate with Red army to fight enemy around “A” and climb the hill when it is safe

Houken & Shoubunkun – 20.000 [15.000 cavalry, 5.000 heavy cavalry]
    - Is to follow behind Gaimou and Kaioku and act as 2nd wave for them.
    - Houken is to listen to all other generals and should rush to help out Gaimou if a duel breaks out

Earl Shi & Heki – 20.000 [4.000 cavalry archer, 15.000 cavalry, 1.000 mounted fire archer, 99 chariots]
    - Rush to the back side of the hill using the left road, beware of enemy hiding in forests “B” and burn them.
    - Scouts are to be sent ahead, If they find enemy in left path (the red path) or the enemy did not compete for Central Hills (X), then they are to stop around “A” and fight the enemy there with Kyouen who is their 2nd wave.

Kyouen [Vice General] – 20.000 [10.000 cavalry archer, 10.000 cavalry]
    - Kyouen is not to shoot any arrow at first; His first arrow should be used to help out Earl Shi if a duel breaks out.
    - In a duel, keep backing up Earl Shi by aiming at the enemy general and/or the horse with poison arrows.

Cyri:

http://imgur.com/a/9vwKG

Team red(85k troops)

CiC Yotanwa
    Tou
    Bajio
    Hakurei
    40k Mounted Arcgers
    20k Light Caverly
    20k Heavey Calvery
    5k Spies
    Claus 1 All of team red will try to raise morale as much as they can for the troops

Claus 2 All generals on team Red will try to fight together when confronted by a enemy general

Claus 3 Team red will try to support team green anyway possible, if by archers on hills or by trying to the pincer the enemy

Team green(65k Troops)
    Vice Kyou
    Shin
    Kaine
    20k Mounted Archers
    20k Heavey Infantry
    20k Light Infantry
    5k Spies

Claus 1 No warrior pride and the generals will try to fight together

Claus 2 All of team green will try to raise morale as much as they can for the troops

Claus 3 Kyou will ignore all predetermined paths if she believes she can figure out a better plan with scout
    information and retreat if that information deems it necessary

tell me if I forgot anything or if anything was wrong
    Last edited by Void; 06-17-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Getting to this later.

quick glance looks to have Cyri's 100k Yotanwa army arriving on the central hill at little bit ahead of Ouki's forces since they're loser but they should be able to meet in middle of the hill to do battle. gn's flank army would get ambushed from up top but they have the numbers and power to get through that so they should be able to carry out their initial objective somewhat.

Kyou versus Earl Shi looks to be quite even in army engagement but gn has the advantage if Kyouen arrives fast enough to help. But if Kyou/Shin/Kaine can take down Earl Shi fast enough Cyri could win. I'll wait to hear from the players before making a final judgment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Getting to this later.

bolded for important tldr, although i don't think it will be that clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    quick glance looks to have Cyri's 100k Yotanwa army arriving on the central hill at little bit ahead of Ouki's forces since they're loser but they should be able to meet in middle of the hill to do battle.
    they are definitely closer, can't argue that. However troops composition should say speed is quite equal, more or less:

Cyri got 50k Mounted Archers, 25k Light Cavalry, 20k Heavy Cavalry. The heavy cavalry is obviously slower, while the bulk of mounted archers will find it hard to shoot once my army comes near Cyri's own troops as seen a few times in the manga.
    Ouki get all normal cavalry, 2k of them being fast cavalry and 25.000 of them being archers. The poison archers will help having an early advantage since their poison is quite deadly that a single graze is enough to stop someone from battling.

gn's flank army would get ambushed from up top but they have the numbers and power to get through that so they should be able to carry out their initial objective somewhat.
    While I do think some of Cyri's troops who is mostly archers (who probably will already be at the hill) will attack them, I think 100.000 troops shouldn't be that fast at climbing a hill that some of the troops should still be below the hill which is Gaimou's target in the first place.

However, that will make it easier for Ouki since it means some of Cyri's troops in the hill won't be concentrating on the fight with Ouki.
    Plus there's also the same problem of archers find it hard to shoot once my cavalry's charge reach Cyri's troops. and honestly, with Cyri's troops being mostly cavalry archers, then a cavalry charge led by Gaimou will be quite devastating.

Kyou versus Earl Shi looks to be quite even in army engagement but gn has the advantage if Kyouen arrives fast enough to help. But if Kyou/Shin/Kaine can take down Earl Shi fast enough Cyri could win.
    firstly Kyou's army is full of infantry, with half of the infantry being heavy infantry instead of normal. There's 15.000 horsemen, but they are archers which, imo.. shouldn't take vanguard normally.

Meanwhile both Earl Shi and Kyouen have all horseman. That being the case, I think Kyou's effectiveness should reduce somewhat and my troops should have advantage in speed.

2nd, we agreed before the match begin that the area on the left/right should be able to have around 20.000 troops to march effectively. 25k and it's gonna be hard. Kyou have 50k troops, so it should also reduce the effectiveness. Kyouen is meant to follow behind Earl Shi closely, acting as 2nd wave to make a clear information who moves as vanguard since the area is narrow.

left battlefield should be about even honestly
    Last edited by gn_x00; 06-17-2017 at 04:19 AM.

Sorry I had a funeral today I will check out your strat GN in a minute

quick glance looks to have Cyri's 100k Yotanwa army arriving on the central hill at little bit ahead of Ouki's forces since they're loser but they should be able to meet in middle of the hill to do battle. gn's flank army would get ambushed from up top but they have the numbers and power to get through that so they should be able to carry out their initial objective somewhat.

Kyou versus Earl Shi looks to be quite even in army engagement but gn has the advantage if Kyouen arrives fast enough to help. But if Kyou/Shin/Kaine can take down Earl Shi fast enough Cyri could win. I'll wait to hear from the players before making a final judgment.

- - - Updated - - -

You have my troop count slightly off I changed it in my second to last private message tell to you

- - - Updated - - -

bolded for important tldr, although i don't think it will be that clear

they are definitely closer, can't argue that. However troops composition should say speed is quite equal, more or less:

Cyri got 50k Mounted Archers, 25k Light Cavalry, 20k Heavy Cavalry. The heavy cavalry is obviously slower, while the bulk of mounted archers will find it hard to shoot once my army comes near Cyri's own troops as seen a few times in the manga.
    Ouki get all normal cavalry, 2k of them being fast cavalry and 25.000 of them being archers. The poison archers will help having an early advantage since their poison is quite deadly that a single graze is enough to stop someone from battling.

While I do think some of Cyri's troops who is mostly archers (who probably will already be at the hill) will attack them, I think 100.000 troops shouldn't be that fast at climbing a hill that some of the troops should still be below the hill which is Gaimou's target in the first place.

However, that will make it easier for Ouki since it means some of Cyri's troops in the hill won't be concentrating on the fight with Ouki.
    Plus there's also the same problem of archers find it hard to shoot once my cavalry's charge reach Cyri's troops. and honestly, with Cyri's troops being mostly cavalry archers, then a cavalry charge led by Gaimou will be quite devastating.

firstly Kyou's army is full of infantry, with half of the infantry being heavy infantry instead of normal. There's 15.000 horsemen, but they are archers which, imo.. shouldn't take vanguard normally.

Meanwhile both Earl Shi and Kyouen have all horseman. That being the case, I think Kyou's effectiveness should reduce somewhat and my troops should have advantage in speed.

2nd, we agreed before the match begin that the area on the left/right should be able to have around 20.000 troops to march effectively. 25k and it's gonna be hard. Kyou have 50k troops, so it should also reduce the effectiveness. Kyouen is meant to follow behind Earl Shi closely, acting as 2nd wave to make a clear information who moves as vanguard since the area is narrow.

left battlefield should be about even honestly
    I'm just sending you a tell my troop count was slightly off from what it was supposed to be. So let's argue this when it's fixed
    Last edited by Cyri; 06-17-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Okay I'll just say what I wanted. I had my red team have 85k and if you look at yotanwa stats and Oukis I believe speaks enough for itself. I believe Yotanwa could send archers to help the other team and if that team dies I believe they will at least go above unit per unit. Honestly I think my Yot army is in such a good posistion she could send help for my other army after Yot has the tealish army pass.... With archers on all the hills and being able to take your middle army I believe this might be a win or at least very close.

My whole strat is based around good leadership generals so we can win with our armies and not do general V general.

Also I see no reason Yot's army would be slower. Even if she just sent the light calv to be there as fast as possible she would show up fast enough not to change the fact we get the middle hill first which helps our archers.
    Last edited by Cyri; 06-17-2017 at 03:21 PM.

I, uuuh...I knew you didn't fix the numbers, so I'm waiting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    I, uuuh...I knew you didn't fix the numbers, so I'm waiting for that.
    Team red(85k troops)

CiC Yotanwa
    Tou
    Bajio
    Hakurei
    40k Mounted Arcgers
    20k Light Caverly
    20k Heavey Calvery
    5k Spies

Team green(65k Troops)
    Vice Kyou
    Shin
    Kaine
    20k Mounted Archers
    20k Heavey Infantry
    20k Light Infantry
    5k Spies

Is what I sent right before the game started....If I messed up somehow and keep my old strat I don't mind. I honestly think having more troops in the middle hill would help more,but I also think keeping my other team alive longer could be just as helpful