View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    0 0%
  • 2/5

    0 0%
  • 3/5

    0 0%
  • 4/5

    6 75.00%
  • 5/5

    2 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    That's pretty weird though since no disagreed with it.
    It's basically the author spelling out the top 3 in my opinion.

  2. #22
    Teacher's Pet Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    54,109
    why would they disagree? Those guys besides Erina were the only elite ten seats before Azami booted them out and it's not anything weird for them to assume they would still be above Souma and co. because they have no knowledge of the first years' growth

    sure, Souma took down Nene but I think they would assume Kuga wasn't sitting on his ass in that one month either, regardless of training camp.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why would they disagree? Those guys besides Erina were the only elite ten seats before Azami booted them out and it's not anything weird for them to assume they would still be above Souma and co. because they have no knowledge of the first years' growth

    sure, Souma took down Nene but I think they would assume Kuga wasn't sitting on his ass in that one month either, regardless of training camp.
    But why make Alice do the strategy when she doesn't know the teams strength? That doesn't make sense. Your argument is based on that no one knows the 1st years strength and that is just plain weird and again doesn't make a lot of sense.

    Couldn't we say the same for Nene though knowing her personality?

  4. #24
    Teacher's Pet Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    54,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But why make Alice do the strategy when she doesn't know the teams strength? That doesn't make sense. Your argument is based on that no one knows the 1st years strength and that is just plain weird and again doesn't make a lot of sense.

    Couldn't we say the same for Nene though knowing her personality?
    because they're restless and can't do anything about the match but speculate. And why would the author put Kuga as the top 3 of the rebels when he supposedly made a tier list where everyone but Mimasaka was ahead of Kuga?

    they were expelled, how would they know about the first years' growth during that one month training camp unless they were in it themselves?

    yes but the difference is that Kuga has yet to cook while Souma took down Nene already, his growth has yet to be determined

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    because they're restless and can't do anything about the match but speculate. And why would the author put Kuga as the top 3 of the rebels when he supposedly made a tier list where everyone but Mimasaka was ahead of Kuga?

    they were expelled, how would they know about the first years' growth during that one month training camp unless they were in it themselves?

    yes but the difference is that Kuga has yet to cook while Souma took down Nene already, his growth has yet to be determined
    That made me just skeptical of the list tbh. All of the 4 people they chose could've seen the training.

    They could just tell them?

    Souma took down Nene due to Nene's dish being nerfed due to the room temperature not because he was overall better than her though.

  6. #26
    Teacher's Pet Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    54,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That made me just skeptical of the list tbh. All of the 4 people they chose could've seen the training.

    They could just tell them?

    Souma took down Nene due to Nene's dish being nerfed due to the room temperature not because he was overall better than her though.
    you talking of Alice, Marui, Kurokiba, and Hayama?

    telling =/= showing, Souma could tell Alice that he underwent Jou's training camp and leveled up but she shouldn't really know how that would exactly affect his power level, other than he can definitely fight above 9th seat level now.

    Also because of her traditional stance, which is kinda telling that she refines her stuff based on tradition but doesn't grow fast like Souma and friends as a result. Kuga's up in the air for that.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you talking of Alice, Marui, Kurokiba, and Hayama?

    telling =/= showing, Souma could tell Alice that he underwent Jou's training camp and leveled up but she shouldn't really know how that would exactly affect his power level, other than he can definitely fight above 9th seat level now.

    Also because of her traditional stance, which is kinda telling that she refines her stuff based on tradition but doesn't grow fast like Souma and friends as a result. Kuga's up in the air for that.
    I meant Isshiki, Megishima, Kuga, and Mimasaka.
    Erina witnessed what Alice said she was right there. She didn't disagree. Like everyone was gathered around except for Kuga and Souma, they were having a meeting and no disagreed with Alice saying who the top 3 were.

    Ok you have a point there.

    It was the traditional stance that made her lose yes but again not because Souma was overall better than her. Which is my point. Saying Souma already beat Nene doesn't mean much due to the circumstances that led to Souma winning.
    Nene was already way above Kuga if Kuga trained and Nene trained but Kuga has a faster growth I would still put Nene above Kuga.

  8. #28
    I think Kuga is being undersold and he's going to surprise everyone during his match.

  9. #29
    Unrivaled Tang Sect Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    39,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Kuga is being undersold and he's going to surprise everyone during his match.
    It'd probably be that way until it reveals that Eishi is one or two step ahead, looking down at Kuga.




  10. #30
    Teacher's Pet Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    54,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I meant Isshiki, Megishima, Kuga, and Mimasaka.
    Erina witnessed what Alice said she was right there. She didn't disagree. Like everyone was gathered around except for Kuga and Souma, they were having a meeting and no disagreed with Alice saying who the top 3 were.

    Ok you have a point there.

    It was the traditional stance that made her lose yes but again not because Souma was overall better than her. Which is my point. Saying Souma already beat Nene doesn't mean much due to the circumstances that led to Souma winning.
    Nene was already way above Kuga if Kuga trained and Nene trained but Kuga has a faster growth I would still put Nene above Kuga.
    well of course, I assume they were in the training but I don't get where you're going with that.

    You have a point, but I don't see why they would have to disagree and create unnecessary dialogue/power level discussion right before the round. Like, I don't think the rebels know the exact power level structure besides Megishima/Isshiki, so I assume everyone else gave Kuga the benefit of the doubt as he's the only former seater besides Erina.

    To have him at a level where he could compete and pull out of a win against her is already telling, and my point is Souma has shown what he could do and given his general level already. Whereas we don't have much from current Kuga other than pre Jou hype and the author's list with the drawing in this chapter. The latter two are contradictory so ... I think you're taking that drawing too seriously.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  11. #31
    I completely forgot what I was talking about tbh and rereading everything just seems hard right now.

  12. #32
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Kuga was above Nene and maybe even Souma.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •