Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luckily, my army is well equipped with strategists who will know what needs to be done.

    Do you accept your defeat?
    I dunno, it seems to me Chousou and Kousonryuu would rather be making out than know what needs to be done

    I wonder, how do you plan to kill Kanmei and then the three of Moubu, Renpa, and Zenou afterwards when any of your martials would get stomped in one swing by the first two, even in a group battle?

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  2. #42
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,704
    I wouldn't be so sure, Kanmei doesn't have 5 maces after all.

    Besides, he's being crushed by the overwhelming military might of 130k men, some of which are the best elites in the world.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't be so sure, Kanmei doesn't have 5 maces after all.

    Besides, he's being crushed by the overwhelming military might of 130k men, some of which are the best elites in the world.
    There's no Moubu on your team to break it

    What sort of sick man sends 130k babies to fight Kanmei?

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  4. #44
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,704
    He'll be swinging at Rinbukun and Ranbi-chan will seize the chance.

    A winning one.

  5. #45
    Dai Don Dedede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,259
    How are the army compositions defined? Do they at least remain the same throughout the tournament? (asking that because of the 10k mounted archers, X k heavy cavalry etc in Void's strat.)
    And what are we supposed to expect from them? We've had nearly no mounted archers units thus far, how do we determine their effectiveness in the kingdom world?

  6. #46
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How are the army compositions defined? Do they at least remain the same throughout the tournament? (asking that because of the 10k mounted archers, X k heavy cavalry etc in Void's strat.)
    And what are we supposed to expect from them? We've had nearly no mounted archers units thus far, how do we determine their effectiveness in the kingdom world?
    We pick whatever we want to every match. You can check the last page of my match against Cyri, there should be an image with the troops on the map, I think I nailed the composition there (in regard to their tasks).

    It's basically archers, but we need them mounted for their travel speed with the rest of the army, more or less.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How are the army compositions defined? Do they at least remain the same throughout the tournament? (asking that because of the 10k mounted archers, X k heavy cavalry etc in Void's strat.)
    And what are we supposed to expect from them? We've had nearly no mounted archers units thus far, how do we determine their effectiveness in the kingdom world?
    basically up to the players to decide

    no, only elites and special utility troops that are bought (fire bowmen/fast generic cav) are constant

    just think speed of cavalry and effectiveness of regular archers, Ousen used them to crush Ordo's men when they were climbing. you can think of them as good support for cav charges as they fire while the light/heavy cavalry engages the frontlines

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  8. #48
    Dai Don Dedede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,259
    Damn Zentos did it too

    You guys realize you have 150k armies composed nearly entirely of cavalry? It feels ridiculous
    Are you both Mongols? (and even then around a third of Mongol armies was represented by infantry, comparing that to Void's army it'd be 50k instead of the 5k heavy infantry here)

  9. #49
    gotta stay mobile on this map, because of that thing in the center

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  10. #50
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn Zentos did it too

    You guys realize you have 150k armies composed nearly entirely of cavalry? It feels ridiculous
    Are you both Mongols? (and even then around a third of Mongol armies was represented by infantry, comparing that to Void's army it'd be 50k instead of the 5k heavy infantry here)
    My army is completely mounted.

    It's odd, but not entirely out of the question. However, since there's no limitations, might as well make the most of it, because I needed it in this match. I had almost half of my army not mounted in my last match.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    gotta stay mobile on this map, because of that thing in the center
    These identical answers that we've been giving.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My army is completely mounted.

    It's odd, but not entirely out of the question. However, since there's no limitations, might as well make the most of it, because I needed it in this match. I had almost half of my army not mounted in my last match.

    - - - Updated - - -


    These identical answers that we've been giving.
    totally unexpected

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  12. #52
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    totally unexpected
    Or is it?



    @Dai Don Dedede;
    All these questions and no input?

  13. #53
    Dai Don Dedede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or is it?



    @Dai Don Dedede;
    All these questions and no input?
    I started reading the strats, I feel kinda weird judging a battle like that. Cavalry archers are things that can be really terrible against an army for example, but here it seems so trivial and against 150k armies of cavalrymen they become less scary since their usefulness decreases a lot once the armies get close

    I think a limitation should be worked into the rules about the armies' composition later though. I mean, here Void is the one with the most infantrymen and they represent 3% of his army whereas even the Mongols who had culture pretty much based on having horses had up to a third of their armies made up of infantrymen. Alexandre at Gaugamela had 7k cavalry for 47k total. Hannibal who did great things thanks to his superior cavalry started with 8k out 46k.
    It could depend on the generals or it could be an upper cap of cavalry. I really can't picture an army that big having only cavalry, and the battle becomes a mere clash of two groups rushing at each others basically.


    Anyway I'll be voting of course, just gotta try to picture how that'd go

  14. #54
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I started reading the strats, I feel kinda weird judging a battle like that. Cavalry archers are things that can be really terrible against an army for example, but here it seems so trivial and against 150k armies of cavalrymen they become less scary since their usefulness decreases a lot once the armies get close

    I think a limitation should be worked into the rules about the armies' composition later though. I mean, here Void is the one with the most infantrymen and they represent 3% of his army whereas even the Mongols who had culture pretty much based on having horses had up to a third of their armies made up of infantrymen. Alexandre at Gaugamela had 7k cavalry for 47k total. Hannibal who did great things thanks to his superior cavalry started with 8k out 46k.
    It could depend on the generals or it could be an upper cap of cavalry. I really can't picture an army that big having only cavalry, and the battle becomes a mere clash of two groups rushing at each others basically.


    Anyway I'll be voting of course, just gotta try to picture how that'd go
    That's what happens when the map is as boring as this one.

    Last one was though.

  15. #55
    I already suggest that we need to think about dividing the troops since 4.5 lol

    tbh the easiest way is just to let it be "troops" to not make it more complicated, because if we really make how to divide it, we still need to consider the balance or else the game will be unbalanced like mid tiers again

  16. #56
    Well I had 3 paragraphs explaining my opinion,but i guess 2 accidental button presses can really screw you. Basically I was saying after the begining engagement(kanmei dieing) I think that Zentos would have the advantage with units(40k army Kanmei gone and having elites) even though Renpa has a ton of leadership. Comparing CiC's Renpa wins in every stat,but karin's intel does win by 1 at least.


    Now after getting that out of the way I find the main question will Moubu and Renpas 80k charge destroy Zentos's units or just kill Karin or can Karin find a way to make this more of a strategic fight or find a well to end renpa. Void has super powerhouses, but Zentos has a bunch of regular powerhouses. I feel like Karin(in character since she is smart) would just lure Moubu and Renpa to the Karin elites where they would have the most trouble pushing and then have all of there generals attack Renpa at once. Now if Renpa is just charging to kill units and not going after Karin outright I feel like the sitation would be worse in the end just slowly weakening the. Sorry Void if you just went the other way this would've been a stump Lol.

    Zentos

    Zentos you came up with my favorite CyK strat(doing that fire really made me think WOW)

    and Void if you have any corrections/arguements you want to make to sway me don't be afraid while writing my original 3 paragraphs I went back and fourth between you 2 at least 3 times.
    Last edited by Cyri; 06-10-2017 at 04:25 PM.

  17. #57
    Dai Don Dedede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,259
    Hum so the two strats are pretty symmetrical with both of you gambling on your left flank.

    It seems that initially Kanmei is content with staying on his hill and will be waiting for Renpa or Genbou to give a signal before moving out. I think it may be the thing saving Void here.
    Void's offensive is led by Renpa and Moubu who are both adepts of quick marching and is smaller than Zentos' offensive meaning they should move faster, though that is mitigated by the fact that it's comprised in large part by very heavy cavalry which will slow them down. With Gokei as commander in chief of Zentos' army I could've seen them reaching Kanmei's hill faster but Karin seems to take her time to set things in place properly.
    Genbu also has scouts on both sides and there's the smoke signal communication system, so overall I guess Void should be done with Zentos mock army before Zentos can take Kanmei's hill. Indeed Kanmei has a rather good combination of soldiers to defend with the heavy infantry slowing the offensive, the archers raining arrows from the top of the hill and the light cavalry to strike swiftly at weak spots. Kanmei himself can deal with any of Zentos martial monsters who is pushing deep and if they stay together it will make defending easier by concentrating there. It's not like Kanmei has a chance to stalemate them or even to hold out very long despite Raido's and Genbou's reinforcements, but I think he may hold on long enough for Renpa and Moubu to come back thanks to Genbou's smoke signals.

    By this point Void's army will have taken many more casualties but any troops which have gotten between the two hills will get immediately cut off and annihilated, the hill will still be in Void's possession and Karin and Gokei will eventually fold.
    For now I'd be more prone to giving it to [Void] though not with much confidence in that vote.

    What would you say to convince me @Zentos; ?

  18. #58
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,704
    @Dai Don Dedede;
    For a start, you got their roles wrong. Karin is CiC, Gokei is ViC.

    Moving on, Karin has the clause to ride out and smash into the enemy. This is as straight forward as it gets. There's no holding back, no eyeing and no second thoughts. I don't know why you'd say she'll take her time to set things in place, when she's been told otherwise.

    Gokei will be there to strike shortly after, and by shortly, I mean just enough to make sure they aren't the ones taking the first hit (as explained in his clause). He's not sitting idly for hours, we're talking about minutes here, just so Karin could pull a step ahead.

    As for taking care of my mock army, I think my burning barricades are being underestimated here. That's not something they'll be smashing through at their convenience.
    Best case scenario, Renpa sees the burning barricade, shouts FUCK and order the 90k strong army to turn around and go back the way they came. In other words, Karin and Gokei will be having plenty of time to smash through whatever resistance Kanmei can come up with. Either that, or he waits for the fire to dim and break through.
    As for the mock army itself, they're safe behind the barricades, they'll be joining my other armies once the fire bowmen have done their part.

    I'm really not seeing how Kanemi is supposed to hold back the 90k+40k flanking strong armies, loaded with heavy troops, elites and a whole bunch of high tier fighters and high/top tier strategists. After they've cleaned up, Genbou's unfortified hill and light units will be stomped over quite easily.

    I put all my eggs in one basket, but that's only because I had a fail safe mechanism protecting my back. If outmaneuvering Void's powerhouses like this won't secure a win, when I've made his main force miss their target, nothing will.

  19. #59
    @Aliasniamor; @Nordlending; @Crispinianus; VOTE

    I'll post a simplification of things:

    do you think that Genbou's clause will allow him to allocate Renpa/Moubu to Karin's side because of scouts or not? If so, who do you think can win in this power struggle? If not, who can finish attacking the other's rear first and have enough in the tank to take out the other's main army?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I had 3 paragraphs explaining my opinion,but i guess 2 accidental button presses can really screw you. Basically I was saying after the begining engagement(kanmei dieing) I think that Zentos would have the advantage with units(40k army Kanmei gone and having elites) even though Renpa has a ton of leadership. Comparing CiC's Renpa wins in every stat,but karin's intel does win by 1 at least.


    Now after getting that out of the way I find the main question will Moubu and Renpas 80k charge destroy Zentos's units or just kill Karin or can Karin find a way to make this more of a strategic fight or find a well to end renpa. Void has super powerhouses, but Zentos has a bunch of regular powerhouses. I feel like Karin(in character since she is smart) would just lure Moubu and Renpa to the Karin elites where they would have the most trouble pushing and then have all of there generals attack Renpa at once. Now if Renpa is just charging to kill units and not going after Karin outright I feel like the sitation would be worse in the end just slowly weakening the. Sorry Void if you just went the other way this would've been a stump Lol.

    Zentos

    Zentos you came up with my favorite CyK strat(doing that fire really made me think WOW)

    and Void if you have any corrections/arguements you want to make to sway me don't be afraid while writing my original 3 paragraphs I went back and fourth between you 2 at least 3 times.
    I know that feel

    How many causalities (troops and officers) do you see Zentos taking after taking the hill? Because it's Kanmei after all and he's in a fortified high ground as well with reinforcements coming in. And that would come back in your next paragraph because even if some miracle allows Kanmei to fall to his martial generals, they can't take on a team of Renpa, Moubu, and Zenou.

    Renpa is tasked with leading a steady march (it's 90k actually, with Zenou included), not an outright full charge and he's supposed to be mindful of traps and such with his instinct. He's not going to charge into Karin guns blazing. Same goes for Moubu who is matching Renpa's pace and listening to him. Given that, how do you suggest Zentos kill Renpa and co? His initial martial team is tasked with killing Kanmei but a 94, a 93, a 91, and a 90 even in a group fight aren't making it out unscathed versus Kanmei. Then with Rinbukun, I assume they have to deal with my Renpa/Moubu/Zenou team next. That's a tall task don't you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hum so the two strats are pretty symmetrical with both of you gambling on your left flank.

    It seems that initially Kanmei is content with staying on his hill and will be waiting for Renpa or Genbou to give a signal before moving out. I think it may be the thing saving Void here.
    Void's offensive is led by Renpa and Moubu who are both adepts of quick marching and is smaller than Zentos' offensive meaning they should move faster, though that is mitigated by the fact that it's comprised in large part by very heavy cavalry which will slow them down. With Gokei as commander in chief of Zentos' army I could've seen them reaching Kanmei's hill faster but Karin seems to take her time to set things in place properly.
    Genbu also has scouts on both sides and there's the smoke signal communication system, so overall I guess Void should be done with Zentos mock army before Zentos can take Kanmei's hill. Indeed Kanmei has a rather good combination of soldiers to defend with the heavy infantry slowing the offensive, the archers raining arrows from the top of the hill and the light cavalry to strike swiftly at weak spots. Kanmei himself can deal with any of Zentos martial monsters who is pushing deep and if they stay together it will make defending easier by concentrating there. It's not like Kanmei has a chance to stalemate them or even to hold out very long despite Raido's and Genbou's reinforcements, but I think he may hold on long enough for Renpa and Moubu to come back thanks to Genbou's smoke signals.

    By this point Void's army will have taken many more casualties but any troops which have gotten between the two hills will get immediately cut off and annihilated, the hill will still be in Void's possession and Karin and Gokei will eventually fold.
    For now I'd be more prone to giving it to [Void] though not with much confidence in that vote.

    What would you say to convince me @Zentos; ?
    what do you think of this clause?

    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well that was fast

    looks like I should've went for my original plan but thank goodness I included this little bit in Genbou's clause:



    you don't think Genbou would overwrite Renpa and Moubu's initial path (Renpa could also use his instinct to avoid this "trap", since Zentos only sends a small army here and not a full offensive so Renpa could see something is wrong) and send them to attack Karin instead?

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  20. #60
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,704
    @Void;
    I don't think Genbou will be telling Renpa to turn back, seeing how Renpa is the CiC, has no clause to imply taking commands from Genbou and has a clause that tells him to lead them down the stretch.

    As for the "finishing off rears", my honeymoon army is joining Karin and Gokei when they set the barricades on fire.

    Lastly, what Kanmei is facing is a 1v5. The moment he swings at, say, Rinbukun, he's got Ranbi-chan, Shoumou, Shunmen and Kouyoku clawing at his neck. Not only that, the flanking army has capable high tiers as well.

    Not that the particular engagement is likely to happen anyway, when they're looking at 130k (150k when honeymoon joins) vs 30k + reinforcements.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •