Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87
  1. #21
    Pretty sad I thought I would get to try Void. Was looking forward to trying to work around his roster.

  2. #22
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,423
    Has this map ever been played before?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has this map ever been played before?
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...Allara-vs-Nord
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  4. #24
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sent.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sent.
    and sent, I'm not looking forward to this
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  6. #26
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,902
    voido:


    Offense: 90k

    Renpa CiC (30k heavy cavalry with shields and 10k cavalry archers)
    -lead the whole offense army steadily and efficiently down the stretch, being mindful of dust screens by chariots and traps by using his instincts to avoid them
    -order Zenou's unit to burn the enemy hill first if it's too fortified to smash through with brute force, either move in afterwards to attack the weakened formations or head left with the army (let Moubu and/or Zenou attack weakened hill instead) depending on enemy positions/movements
    -signal the reserves army to send the Raido and Kanmei armies on their paths to pincer the enemy (if they are relatively free) right before the (fire) attack on the enemy fortified position

    Moubu vice (40k heavy cavalry with shields)
    -match Renpa army's pace by following his directions for dust/traps but otherwise smash through formations
    -team up with Renpa for officer fights or help Zenou sweep the surrounding fight areas, whichever one is best for quick victory

    Zenou (5k heavy cavalry unit and 5k reserve cavalry archers behind)
    -sweep the surrounding areas clean of troops, archers, and/or intruding officers while Renpa and/or Moubu engage in brawls

    Reserves: 60k

    Genbou vice (10k light cavalry with 10k cavalry archers)
    -send reinforcements to the offense/Kanmei army as needed but otherwise help defend the reserve army deployment area
    -send scouts out on Kanmei's left to see if the overall strategy (like timing of reinforcements and positioning of forces) needs to be changed based on enemy numbers and movements

    Kanmei (10k heavy infantry, 10k cavalry archers, and 10k light cavalry)
    -defend his hill and engage enemies attacking it, calling in reinforcements from Genbou or fighting directly as needed

    Raido (5k mounted bandits with 5k reserves light cavalry)
    -serve as first priority reinforcement to Kanmei and support him in all endeavors

    Prep:
    -Renpa and Genbou are to make sure the offense army are to move efficiently and fast as possible, by dividing them into squads to better avoid obstacles/traps and not keeping the army clumped together, etc.
    -Genbou will have Kanmei and his hill fortified with fire resistant (mud, and feces if needed) barricades
    -set up an efficient smoke signal based communication system that will allow for quick relay between the two armies


    zentosu:


    Deployment:
    Everyone is mounted.
    Red army:
    5k Karin elites, 5k Kouyoku unit, 10k bandits, 50k heavy cavalry and 20k cavalry archers.
    Blue army:
    5k Mouten unit, 3k Futei unit, 25k cavalry, 6.6k cavalry archers and 400 Wei war chariots.
    Pink army:
    15k cavalry, 4k cavalry archers and 1k cavalry fire bowmen.


    Strategy and clauses:
    Red army (90k):
    Karin (CiC):
    -Lead the red army to ride out first to clash with the enemy army without allowing them to pass (the full and dotted red arrows indicate that their path is not set in stone, and can change to allow the strategy to be executed properly).
    -Overlook the fight to the best of your ability, including fighting if necessarry.
    -Do your best to minimalise the damage from the enemy's overwhelming martial might.
    Maron:
    -Stay close to Karin in order to advise her and protect her without regard of your life.
    Kokuou:
    -Stay close to Karin in order to advise her and protect her without regard of your life.
    Rinbukun:
    -Lead the charge on behalf of Karin's orders and team up with the others (Ranbihaku, Shoumou, Kouyoku and Shunmen) to take out enemies.
    Ranbihaku, Shoumou, Kouyoku, Shunmen:
    -Follow Rinbukun's lead, team up with him and help him to the best of your ability, but listen to Karin's orders.

    Blue army (40k):
    Gokei (ViC):
    -Lead the blue army to ride out a little bit after the red army, in order to flank the enemy army fighting the red army (the full and dotted blue arrows indicate that their path is not set in stone, and can change to allow the strategy to be executed properly).
    -Use the Wei war chariots to the best of your ability (likefor example going in first, in order to break the enemy formation).
    Junsou:
    -Overlook the flanking and advise Gokei and the fighters to the best of your ability
    Choutou:
    -Boost the morale and stay close to Gokei and Junsou at all times, giving them advice and protecting them without regard for your own life
    Kanou:
    -Lead the charge on behalf of Gokei's orders and team up Mouten and Futei to take out enemies.
    Mouten, Futei:
    -Follow Kanou's lead, team up with him and help him to the best of your ability, but act as independant units if necessarry.

    Pink army (20k):
    Chousou (ViC):
    -Lead the pink army in order to strike at the enemy's back or join the other armies in case of plan B (the full and dotted pink arrows indicate that their path is not set in stone, and can change to allow the strategy to be executed properly).
    -Plan B: If an enemy army is charging towards the pink army, retreat behind the barricades (brown lines) and close them, before setting them on fire (in order to cut off the enemy advance).
    Kousonryuu:
    -Help Chousou to the best of your ability.


    Preparation:
    -Build flammable barricades (brown lines) that are thick enough to stop the advance of an army once set on fire and make sure they can be closed quickly if necessarry (like described in Plan B).
    -Have Karin go over the overall strategy with the generals in order to ensure everything goes according to plan.
    -Everyone is to listen to orders and fight (be it martial or wits) to the best of their ability.



    action, drama, bloodshed!


  7. #27
    well that was fast

    looks like I should've went for my original plan but thank goodness I included this little bit in Genbou's clause:

    -send scouts out on Kanmei's left to see if the overall strategy (like timing of reinforcements and positioning of forces) needs to be changed based on enemy numbers and movements
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  8. #28
    Karin and Gokei will deal with Kanmei fast, Genbou army will get wrecked after Kanmei falls

    Chousou's barricade will fall to Renpa easily, but it's not important. Karin and Gokei will do something with their numerical superiority to defeat Moubu and Renpa

    [Zentos]

    not exactly final, but quite sure about this
    Last edited by gn_x00; 06-09-2017 at 12:53 PM.

  9. #29
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,423
    I just wanted to point out that the barricades are also set on fire, so I think they'll serve well in their task to stall the enemy army. Not forever, of course.

  10. #30
    Now this is what I a strategical battle with no restraint, good strategies guys I could picture the whole bloodshed in this battle.

    Things to take note of are;

    a) Zentos's red and blue armies do not have a clause to guard against attacks to their rear.

    b) Void has a clause to timely reinforce Kanmei's position after scouting out enemy numbers.

    c) Chousou's army has a plan B to retreat if the enemy charges them, but given his path and Void's Renpa, Moubu and Zenou armies path, whether he can pull off a timely retreat or not is up in the air.

    d) the barricades that Chousou has to hide behind have no chance against Renpa, Moubu and Zenou.

    e) even though the Kanmei army is going to struggle against the attacks of Zentos's red and blue armies, he can hold out long enough for Renpa, Moubu and Zenou to push through Chousou and attack the Red and Blue armies rear due to timely reinforcements from Genbou.

    f) Zentos had all of his army be calvary (if m not mistaken) but I don't see a clause for them to dismount when dealing with fortifications or barricades or will them being mounted be an advantage for him.

    Hope didn't get anything wrong about your clauses and stand to be corrected, but I wanted you guys to take note of those 6 points when deliberating who should win.

  11. #31
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a) Zentos's red and blue armies do not have a clause to guard against attacks to their rear.

    b) Void has a clause to timely reinforce Kanmei's position after scouting out enemy numbers.
    This will be answered by the next two points.

    c) Chousou's army has a plan B to retreat if the enemy charges them, but given his path and Void's Renpa, Moubu and Zenou armies path, whether he can pull off a timely retreat or not is up in the air.
    It's really not. Chousou has less than 1/5 of the trip that Renpa has to make. How could he possibly not make it?

    d) the barricades that Chousou has to hide behind have no chance against Renpa, Moubu and Zenou.
    That's a double layered barricade that's set on fire (it has been made flammable and I have fire bowmen). If there's one thing you can't smash with overwhelming power, that's fire.

    e) even though the Kanmei army is going to struggle against the attacks of Zentos's red and blue armies, he can hold out long enough for Renpa, Moubu and Zenou to push through Chousou and attack the Red and Blue armies rear due to timely reinforcements from Genbou.
    That's not true, as per the fact that getting through burning barricades is not exactly a fast thing to do.

    f) Zentos had all of his army be calvary (if m not mistaken) but I don't see a clause for them to dismount when dealing with fortifications or barricades or will them being mounted be an advantage for him.
    That's like making a clause to attack the enemy with their weapons, not just their hands.
    Either way, Karin elites and heavy cavalry are in that batch, they're smashing through.

  12. #32
    @Aliasniamor; @Nordlending; @Crispinianus; @Cyri; time to vote

    @Zentos; how close together (or far apart) are the set of barricades?
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  13. #33
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,423
    @Void;
    The reason why there's 2 of them is so that you wouldn't have someone like Moubu put on a pair of shields and just bash through it, because in this scenario, just as he's come out of a flaming barricade, another is waiting for him.

    Did that make sense?

    Oh, and, seeing how we're talking about a burning barricade, I'm fairly certain the flame "wall" would make it impossible to notice the existence of 2 barricades, before the first is broken through.
    Last edited by Zentos; 06-09-2017 at 06:44 PM.

  14. #34
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,902
    Kousonryuu and Chousou in honeymoon solo


  15. #35
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kousonryuu and Chousou in honeymoon solo
    I knew you'd make a remark about it.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Void;
    The reason why there's 2 of them is so that you wouldn't have someone like Moubu put on a pair of shields and just bash through it, because in this scenario, just as he's come out of a flaming barricade, another is waiting for him.

    Did that make sense?

    Oh, and, seeing how we're talking about a burning barricade, I'm fairly certain the flame "wall" would make it impossible to notice the existence of 2 barricades, before the first is broken through.
    I know why there's two but that doesn't answer my question.

    smoke exists you know
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  17. #37
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew you'd make a remark about it.
    eheh

    a romantic touch is always welcome


  18. #38
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know why there's two but that doesn't answer my question.

    smoke exists you know
    Does the exact value matter, when their purpose is known? I'm fairly certain Karin/Gokei and the rest would know if the distance should be 2/5/10 meters, unlike me, who can just toss in a random number, when I've never witnessed these things.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the exact value matter, when their purpose is known? I'm fairly certain Karin/Gokei and the rest would know if the distance should be 2/5/10 meters, unlike me, who can just toss in a random number, when I've never witnessed these things.
    yes, cuz my army is not exactly charging in guns blazing after all

    but I'm just devil's advocating anyways
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  20. #40
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, cuz my army is not exactly charging in guns blazing after all

    but I'm just devil's advocating anyways
    Luckily, my army is well equipped with strategists who will know what needs to be done.

    Do you accept your defeat?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •