Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CyK 5: Void versus Zentos

All players have 150k troops
    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido, GHM, Kanki and Zenou only as well as those with fire bowmen

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears (Attackers do not have prep unless they bought some and defenders get 3 days instead of 2 for free.). You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

Map:

A plain, with a relatively clean terrain. The central mountain dagger is covered with the deepest and most knotted vegetation, and it's most absolutely impassable. The fighting is to develop around it. Those are steep hills in the corners, perfectly accessible by cavalry.

I am blue, Zentos is red. Strats are due to Crispy in 2 days.

Teams:

Void-0
    Kanmei 90 Void
    Raido 10 Void
    Genbou 10 Void
    Moubu 89 Void
    Renpa 89 Void
    Zenou 12 Void

Zentos-0
    Junsou 15 Zentos
    Maron 8 Zentos
    Shoumou 15 Zentos
    Kokuou 17 Zentos
    Ranbihaku 41 Zentos
    Gokei 37 Zentos
    Rinbukun 27 Zentos
    Kousonryuu 19 Zentos
    Mouten 34 Zentos
    Chousou 16 Zentos
    Karin 31 Zentos
    Kanou 5 Zentos
    Choutou 5 Zentos
    Kouyoku 5 Zentos
    Futei 5 Zentos
    Shunmen 5 Zentos
    1000 fire bowmen: 1pt
    400 Wei war chariots: 4pts
    5000 Karin elites: 10pts

strats: http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...=1#post1645202
    Last edited by Crispickle; 06-09-2017 at 06:06 AM.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

map 9

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    map 9

who's red and who's blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post

who's red and who's blue?
    you are red, of course

Let's pick the most straightforward map against 3 of the strongest chargers in the verse. Should've used the dice add on, this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Let's pick the most straightforward map against 3 of the strongest chargers in the verse. Should've used the dice add on, this is ridiculous.
    you throwing in the towel already or nah?

Let's make a deal, you roll the dice and I'll get to pick which side I start. Deal?

you throwing in the towel already or nah?

Let's make a deal, you roll the dice and I'll get to pick which side I start. Deal?
    Should've done that from the start, once for the map and once for the side. Not saying like Crispy did that on purpose, but yeah, I won't be playing that map against Moubu, Kanmei and Renpa.

Let me just check how the roll is done quickly.

I swear, if I win this match and the next one is Bayou, I'm keeping that shit

I swear, if I win this match and the next one is Bayou, I'm keeping that shit
    Wdym?

- - - Updated - - -

Legitimate Dice Roll

Total: 6

Wdym?
    if you didn't notice in my Crispy match, I initially randomized and got Bayou for our match but changed it since I would've steamrolled him

Oh fuck that shit. Whatever, just tell me which map we're playing.

I'll make you work.

6 huh? I wanna make some things clear though, those are not mesas but are hills, steep like Kokuyou and Dakan Plains but fully accessible to cavalry. You agree or nah?

6 huh? I wanna make some things clear though, those are not mesas but are hills, steep like Kokuyou and Dakan Plains but fully accessible to cavalry. You agree or nah?
    Yeah, sure.

.... damn.

- - - Updated - - -

you just admitted your cavalry could never have accessed the mesa

.... damn.
    That pick had me lookin' for info on you, going around asking:

.... damn.

- - - Updated - - -

you just admitted your cavalry could never have accessed the mesa
    Ah-ah!

sigh, I was hoping we wouldn't have to debate the mesa, gonna scrap this map later Here are my thoughts:

you've seen some mesas like this right? Well, I think the hill looking sides of the mesa in the map (the ones with shadowings) are more like the bottom slopes of the slopes in the pics. Compare the slopes (although somewhat steep) to the big hills of Kokuyou or Dakan Plains. Steep, but yet still perfectly climbable by horses.

Now I would compare the top of the mesa (well some parts of it, like the "peak" Crispy has Ousen park in) and the brown "cliffs" to this:

super vertical yes, but the map one is not as high. No way I could convince you horses (even Zhao ones) can climb that thing unassisted but notice that on my map, I avoid these steeper cliffs and have my army advance along the gentler mesa slopes, while Crispy has his squads pay no mind to that detail (Kanki is the biggest offender as his army spreads all over the brown cliffs).
    - - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sure.
    edited the OP, you are red I am blue

I avoid these steeper cliffs and have my army advance along the gentler mesa slopes, while Crispy has his squads pay no mind to that detail (Kanki is the biggest offender as his army spreads all over the brown cliffs).
    Kanki has bandits, they're the best non-specialized unit to climb a mesa. And the other squad didn't met cliffs at all.

i should have read those walls while it still mattered

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    The trick to win on this map is to place almost the whole army on one side and run in a circle.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Goodluck Zentos if you have a super great strat I think you could win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    Goodluck Zentos if you have a super great strat I think you could win.
    Thank you.