Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CyK 5: Void versus Crispy

All players have 150k troops
    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido and Zenou only

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears (Attackers do not have prep unless they bought some and defenders get 3 days instead of 2 for free.). You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

Map:

A dry desert, the central part is covered by 2/3 by a mesa with steep cliffs and jagged surface, and the last 1/3 by a contented plain. @Crispinianus; is blue, I am red. Strats are due to gn in two days.

Teams:

Void-0
    Kanmei 90 Void
    Raido 10 Void
    Genbou 10 Void
    Moubu 89 Void
    Renpa 89 Void
    Zenou 12 Void

Crispy-0
    Ten 11 Crispy
    Ousen 70 Crispy
    Kanki 62 Crispy
    Rihaku 9 Crispy
    Duke Hyou 86 Crispy
    Gohoumei 42 Crispy
    Fuuki 4 Crispy
    Kaishibou 16 Crispy

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

wait.. it is sent to me?

who else would we send it to?

nah, it's okay.

I've just read it now lol

sent, the battle would've been much simpler if I went with the original map choice

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sent, the battle would've been much simpler if I went with the original map choice
    yeah?

Isn't this map rigged enough? Not even a palm for my kanki to hide under

Yeah, this map looks rigged lol

Void should have let me "randomize" the map for you guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    yeah?

Isn't this map rigged enough? Not even a palm for my kanki to hide under
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Yeah, this map looks rigged lol

Void should have let me "randomize" the map for you guys lol
    what if I told you guys the original map was Bayou?

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    what if I told you guys the original map was Bayou?
    It's better isn't it?

Kanki will have his game in forest
    but we know you'll burn it anyway

Void

Clauses:
    Left army: 75k

Renpa CiC (20k cavalry with shields, 5k cavalry archers)
    -lead my left army in a sweep to attack and clear the plateau of Crispy's forces, making elimination of generals like Ousen, Kanki, Duke Hyou, GHM, and Rihaku top priority if they're found on or climbing the plateau
    -use his instincts to make on the spot revisions to the left army's advance, and the whole army if needed from his observations of the enemy forces
    -team up with Zenou to take on generals in fights, opting for brawls instead of duels

Moubu Vice (20k cavalry with shields, 5k cavalry archers)
    -listen to Renpa's orders completely and support his sweeping advance with his own army
    -help out Renpa in any fights by directly getting involved and/or sweeping the surrounding area clean of any intruders of the fight

Zenou (5k cavalry with shields)
    -stick close to Renpa's advance so he can support the advance and help out Renpa in any fights

20k cavalry reserves

Right army: 75k

Genbou Vice (20k cavalry archers, 15k heavy cavalry, and 10k heavy infantry)
    -defend the purple line area so Crispy's plains troops won't flank my army
    -make adjustments to the right army based on the enemy's movements, like sending reinforcements to the plateau or moving the whole army if they're not engaged

Kanmei (5k heavy cavalry)
    -listen to and support Genbou, either by fighting whoever gets by his defenses or leading the charge for Genbou

Raido (5k mounted bandits, 20k cavalry reserves)
    -direct his reserves wherever necessary (by his or Genbou's order) to support defenses or advances of the left army (green lines)

Prep:
    -devise ways to most efficiently have forces climb the plateau as fast as possible and execute it on the battle day
    -Genbou is to prepare spiked barricades (both hidden and not hidden) along with other defensive mechanisms/traps to deploy along the purple lines
    -set up a communication system between the two armies that will be efficient and practical when the battle starts

Crispy
    Deployment

phase 0
    Gohoumei Army - 80k
    Fuuki
    Rihaku

Kanki Army - 25k bandits
    Duke Hyou Army - 20k
    Ten Unit - 10k
    Kaishibou Unit - 10k

Ousen Core Unit - 5k

phase 1

Gohoumei taking the flatland / Kanki and Kaishibou ensuring the mesa / Duke Hyou follows them / Ousen follows in tail / Ten takes a position in the middle.

phase 2

Kanki taking the western cliffs / Duke Hyou and Kaishibou right behind him / Ousen establishes himself on a peak.

Instructions

Ousen - Commander in Chief
    _ coordinates the operation to take over the mesa and fortify it
    _ establishes his HQ in one of the peaks, creating a proper communication line with the rest of the army
    _ has full decisional power, included moving his HQ or changing the generals' tasks

Duke Hyou - Vice Commander of the Mesa Army
    _ takes over the central-right part of the mesa, using Kaishibou as vanguard
    _ once the task concludes, he's up for defending the mesa or riding against the enemy on his own discretion, unless differently indicated by Ousen's orders

Gohoumei - Vice Commander of the Flatland Army
    _ takes the flatland at the foot of the mesa, and adopts a defensive stance
    _ depending on the phase of the battlefield, he buys time for the mesa army to conquer the cliffs, or acts as a wall for someone else's hammer (duke or kanki) to come down the cliffs and strike the enemy

Kanki - Independent Army
    _ takes the western cliffs of the mesa, and puts himself in conditions of being of harm to the enemy army
    _ strikes in the way he thinks most opportune, evaluating the situation in the other battlefields as he goes.

Kaishibou (Mesa Army)
    _ supports Duke Hyou in his operations and eventually confrontations against stronger opponents

Fuuki & Rihaku (Flatland Army)
    _ support Gohoumei on his tasks

Ten (Reserves)
    _ acts as reserve unit and as communication node until ordered otherwise

Preppu

_ Gohoumei makes Fuuki and Rihaku comfortable with performing the Ryuudou. At the same time, he exploits their specific skills to make it more adaptable
    _ Ousen spreads the knowledge of how to make solid fortifications, and puts up a contest among the 1k men commanders for the most impregnable barricade, encouraging their hard work
    _ Ten spends the two days to come to deal with the fact the first prize of said contest is her kissing the winner on the cheek

@Nordlending; @Aliasniamor; @Void; @Crispinianus; @Cyri; @Zentos;
    Don't forget every player is expected to vote in all the matches.
    "Failure to vote will result in the player playing their next match with 50% of their troops or deduct from future budget. You can vote [Draw] but be prepared to defend your vote. Failure to do so will also result in punishments."
    or so Void said

How do you say again, Crispy ? Action, horror, bloodshed

ayyelmao

the horror and the bloodshed are all mine

it all comes down whether Kanki, Duke Hyou, Kaishibou and Ousen managed to fend of Moubu, Renpa and Zenou lol

post your defense now Crispy?

anyway, i think there's a need to question how the horses will climb the mesa
    Last edited by gn_x00; 06-02-2017 at 09:32 AM.

what comes to mind are two things

_first: speed. Void's only attention to the speed of the climb is in the prep. But it was my cure to form jointed squads for the most ideal climb and mesa takeover. On the right, Kaishibou has 10k men and a charge power equal to Renpa. Even if his is a suicide mission, this should stop the void's sluggish 75k men strong army on a fairly advanced spot of the mesa, so Duke Hyou and Ousen have some time to plan an ideal counter offensive. Even if it's a Renpa army, it's too big to climb all at once, and it's inevitably going to be still halfway the operation by the time Ousen and Duke Hyou come.

_second: terrain usage. If speed and a decent use of vanguards give my generals on the mesa an extra time of play, they're all people who know how to use it. That rough terrain isn't ideal for ride&smash guys like Moubu and Kanmei. We remember how Chousou annihilated the Moubu army using a terrain like this, right? There's no Chousou here, but Kanki and Ousen. Plus Duke Hyou's instinct, who once managed to fool Gohoumei sending his men on an unpredictable cliff canyon (Gohoumei having still a x10 numerical superiority, and it still wasn't enough to get that covered)

tl;dr: it's true void throws a massive part of his army in the right place, and it's true there is a Renpa leading those. But it's also true i have a number of steady smaller armies with a time of advantage (given by kaishibou's sacrifice) and an incomparably higher maneuverability than renpa and kanmei have with their armies. All my guys are fit for the job and for the ideal terrain usage, while Moubu and Kanmei, after being slowed down by their numbers, suffer from it immensely. They're like mammoths stuck in a glacier, about to be assaulted by a storm of wasps and locusts.

Also it's not to forget that Gohoumei isn't nailed there. If the mesa army's split and sting strategy works for long enough, he'll be called up to constitute an actual army block opposed to what remains of void's.
    Last edited by Crispickle; 06-02-2017 at 09:46 AM.

_first: speed. Void's only attention to the speed of the climb is in the prep. But it was my cure to form jointed squads for the most ideal climb and mesa takeover. On the right, Kaishibou has 10k men and a charge power equal to Renpa. Even if his is a suicide mission, this should stop the void's sluggish 75k men strong army on a fairly advanced spot of the mesa, so Duke Hyou and Ousen have some time to plan an ideal counter offensive. Even if it's a Renpa army, it's too big to climb all at once, and it's inevitably going to be still halfway the operation by the time Ousen and Duke Hyou come.

_second: terrain usage. If speed and a decent use of vanguards give my generals on the mesa an extra time of play, they're all people who know how to use it. That rough terrain isn't ideal for ride&smash guys like Moubu and Kanmei. We remember how Chousou annihilated the Moubu army using a terrain like this, right? There's no Chousou here, but Kanki and Ousen. Plus Duke Hyou's instinct, who once managed to fool Gohoumei sending his men on an unpredictable cliff canyon (Gohoumei having still a x10 numerical superiority, and it still wasn't enough to get that covered)

tl;dr: it's true void throws a massive part of his army in the right place, and it's true there is a Renpa leading those. But it's also true i have a number of steady smaller armies with a time of advantage (given by kaishibou's sacrifice) and an incomparably higher maneuverability than renpa and kanmei have with their armies. All my guys are fit for the job and for the ideal terrain usage, while Moubu and Kanmei, after being slowed down by their numbers, suffer from it immensely. They're like mammoths stuck in a glacier, about to be assaulted by a storm of wasps and locusts.

Also it's not to forget that Gohoumei isn't nailed there. If the mesa army's split and sting strategy works for long enough, he'll be called up to constitute an actual army block opposed to what remains of void's.
    I think what comes after a "tl;dr" isn't supposed to last for half as much lines as what it summarizes

it's quite a straight forward match. Crispy knows his only chance is to secure the mesa, and Void is acting to prevent that from happening.

Number is about even. It all comes down whether Void's team can somehow climb the Mesa with his 75.000 cavalry fast enough in the small zone, or can Crispy's team prepare/deal with them first.

if i understand correctly, both GHM and Genbou can help the team in Mesa via Ousen and Genbou's clause. So it might set up on a 2nd wave. However I believe the first one will be the deciding factor.
    Last edited by gn_x00; 06-02-2017 at 01:47 PM.

disregard my pm then gn

I'll read through later but it looks like I kill Crispy's juiciest parts first

@Cyri; @Zentos; @Nordlending; make sure to vote to avoid penalties. Vote [draw] if you're unsure but be prepared to defend that vote

Goodluck Crispy I'll be honest with Voids roster it'll take a hell a counter to get a win IMO.

tempted to pull a Slayer on this but I'll be sporting

This is funny since I have four separate armies in my left army (Zenou is to stick close to Renpa but he has 5k men so nothing too hindering), one of which is a reserve army i.e. it comes behind and doesn't need to stick like honey to the other two armies. Second, Moubu and Renpa climb at two close but different points (note where I drew their starting paths, it avoids the brown cliffs so they can climb faster) and advance on two different paths. Third, I made sure to make all of my left army as cavalry, whereas you have failed to even designate your army aside from bandits. Don't call out my lack of attention to speed when yours is even worse. It is a gross assumption to say they climb all at once when there's plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise and even more gross to say they'll be halfway

Notice how my arrows avoid the cliffs or have them ride down such cliffs? And oh wait, you have a brute like Kaishibou who you wank to such efficiency in this terrain but don't actually give him detailed attention other than "I gave him a squad so he's faster" bs. Also, your mistake is making Ousen climb last with a small ass unit to protect him and isolate him on a small peak. Hell, if you're so fast that means you keep to your maps and Kaishibou/Duke Hyou take the center instead of meeting Renpa/Moubu while Ousen will be hit full force by Renpa by the time he comes up.

let's not forget my right army isn't nailed there, if GHM sits on his ass long enough, Genbou is sending reinforcements to the plateau and he'll probably move the whole army. It'd probably be even sooner since Kanki is there (Kanki has to climb an additional set of cliffs so he's slow). Won't take him out but it'll provide a nice pincer distraction when my left army is rushing past.

I can vote when I wake up, right? I'll do it first thing in the morning.