Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CyK 5: KP showdown

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido, Zenou, Kanki, GHM, and those with firebowmen troops.

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (defenders get two days of prep worth 3 extra clauses for their armies, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears. You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

@Aliasniamor; @Crispinianus; @Zentos; are the defenders, they are deployed in the area the Qin army was (northern mountains, KP, the area south of KP, Bu Pass and anywhere behind those areas like Kanyou and Sai). Each player gets 50k troops (they will choose 3 characters from each of their teams to represent them). KP has a garrison of 25k men (can'r be deployed elsewhere), Bu Pass has a garrison of 15k men (can't be deployed elsewhere), Sai has a garrison of 5k soldiers with 20k assorted peasants (that means women and children are included) and Kanyou has 5k soldiers available to deploy. Victory is holding out for 7 days or killing the Coalition army's designated CiC. Qin army also has 2 prep days while Coalition has none.

@Cyri; @Nordlending; @gn_x00; are the attackers, they are deployed initially at the castles labeled "Yan/Zhao, Wei/Han, and Chu starts". It will take them 2 days to reach KP/Bu Pass regardless of fast horses, those two days are the Qin army's prep days. Coalition side has 100k armies per player (each player chooses 3 characters from their teams to represent them). Whoever chooses to be deployed as Yan/Zhao (top castle) will get 8k Ordo mountain men to replace 8k of their normal soldiers but they have to siege the northern mountain fortress/KP. Wei/Han will have 4 GHM siege towers and 10 wei ballistas to use, whoever chooses to be deployed as Wei/Han (middle castle) will be de facto Coalition CiC and if their CiC character is killed, Qin wins. They also have to siege KP but can support the surrounding areas. Whoever chooses to be deployed as Chu (bottom castle) can choose to siege Bu Pass or help out with KP. Coalition also gets 100k reserves to be distributed any way they like.

Each team gets 3 days to send strats to me, you can send as a team (pls organize and designate who is who) or separately.

Map:

to give sense of scale, red box is where Qin faced the Chu and Zhao armies, meaning that over 300k men can fit comfortably there. Brown cliffs are more easily climbed but mountains are way harder to climb and takes more time, even for mountain men.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

It's showtime, boys.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    My team. Create a chat so we can discuss how to annihilate them.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My team. Create a chat so we can discuss how to annihilate them.
    What chat do we use?

We could use my visitor message. They'd never figure it out.

How do we write the strats?

Or to be exact... Is the 3 army considered a separate one or a one big army?

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    How do we write the strats?

Or to be exact... Is the 3 army considered a separate one or a one big army?
    I'd imagine all 3 players write seperate strats share with each other then send final copies to void. I think I also remember void saying you can also do one big strat too for the 3 seperate teams. Please excuse me if I'm missinformed, but I believe I am not.

you can send me three separate strats or one big one (of course, each player's army has their own CiC and vices plus their clauses), just make sure to label accordingly for the latter

This should be interesting

@Void;
    Do we use all our characters or only the 3 we pick to represent us?

@Crispinianus; @Aliasniamor; @gn_x00; @Cyri; @Nordlending; one day left
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    @Void;
    Do we use all our characters or only the 3 we pick to represent us?
    3 for each player

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    @Crispinianus; @Aliasniamor; @gn_x00; @Cyri; @Nordlending; one day left
    3 for each player

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Will have time tomorrow.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Im assuming 3 only just to not make it a mess? Tou alone had rokuomi, ryuukoku, rinbou, doukin, kanou and mouten and ouhon.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Im assuming 3 only just to not make it a mess? Tou alone had rokuomi, ryuukoku, rinbou, doukin, kanou and mouten and ouhon.
    yes, assuming each player brings at least two GGs the talent on Qin side here is already higher than in the story

Void, Nord has no time yet to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Void, Nord has no time yet to do anything
    for all three days?

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    for all three days?
    He only reply he'll comment later lol

Hopefully he'll have time today
    Last edited by gn_x00; 05-25-2017 at 02:34 AM.

We'll need more time as well.

what have you guys been doing for 3 days?