Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Zeref the most underwhelming main antagonist in an arc/series?

I don't recall an antagonist ever being treated like this.If you guys have seen worse cases,I would like to know

How about when Yhwach got wrecked by Ichigo's Shikai? I'd say that'd be equal if not worse than Zeref's defeat.
    Zeref's backstory would have been a lot better if Hiro didn't make August their child. That just made it weird.

You know while Yhwach was shitted on by the end,he at least defeated the 2 strongest shinigami prior and fodderized Ichigo.He lost because of an arrow taking his power.Bullshit yes but compared to Zeref?Zeref did not beat someone to showcase his strength.His fight with Natsu was underwhelming,I mean we only saw him fighting twice in the series and both times he got wrecked.He didn't lose because of a weakness.

Yes, but I still am not sure he's completely gone yet. Is there any translation out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but I still am not sure he's completely gone yet. Is there any translation out?
    https://yonkouprod.com/reader/read/f...n/0/536/page/1

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    Thanks.

I can't believe this is the end of the fight. Is Hiro this lost? How is he going to give the last 4 strongest enemies such shitty endings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    Thanks.

I can't believe this is the end of the fight. Is Hiro this lost? How is he going to give the last 4 strongest enemies such shitty endings?
    Well he did.I guess Acnologia will come back but that doesn't change the fact that a ship pushed him.Zeref is a lost cause.

You know while Yhwach was shitted on by the end,he at least defeated the 2 strongest shinigami prior and fodderized Ichigo.He lost because of an arrow taking his power.Bullshit yes but compared to Zeref?Zeref did not beat someone to showcase his strength.His fight with Natsu was underwhelming,I mean we only saw him fighting twice in the series and both times he got wrecked.He didn't lose because of a weakness.
    Technically he did, his weakness was his desire to die the first time, the second time he recked Natsu first but was saved by Lucy, Yhwach was a arrogant villain who didn't bother to kill Ichigo when he had the chance and even left a portal open for his enemies to come through.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus Yhwach was destined to lose anyway the moment he saw that vision of Ichigo cutting him down

I AM THROGG! THE TRUE KING IN THE NORTH!!!

How is that a weakness?

How is that a weakness?
    He doesn't wish to fight, and just let's him get killed

But he clearly wanted to fight here.COV think before you post.

But he clearly wanted to fight here.COV think before you post.
    I am well aware, no need to condescend me, and the reason he lost was because Natsu can overcome the powers of time

i wrote the first time they fought, please read before posting

I don't remember any being as disappointing as this on top of my head.

Nu

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    I am well aware, no need to condescend me, and the reason he lost was because Natsu can overcome the powers of time

i wrote the first time they fought, please read before posting
    Get off your high horse, peasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    How about when Yhwach got wrecked by Ichigo's Shikai? I'd say that'd be equal if not worse than Zeref's defeat.
    Zeref's backstory would have been a lot better if Hiro didn't make August their child. That just made it weird.
    People actually think this?

That was Ichigo's Bankai. The white shell was just the outer coating.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes

I've read over a hundred manga and Zeref is probably the only major antagonist among them to be taken down without a good performance prior. Hiro never gave Zeref a chance to impress and decided to leave everything up to hype.

Zeref used no decent magic despite being the strongest mage and relied on his fists instead. Nothing he did went past wall-level and even with a massive powerup, was overpowered by Natsu with zero explanation. At least for now.

Let's just say that if we didn't already know Zeref was supposed to be some uber mage, he'd have looked like a mid-tier Spriggan and at best on Irene/August's level with FH.

At this point, I'm convinced that without the immortality, August would wipe the floor with him.

yep

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    How about when Yhwach got wrecked by Ichigo's Shikai? I'd say that'd be equal if not worse than Zeref's
    1) Aizen using KS before the A awoke, which we knew off from the moment Yhwach's sense of time was disturbed.
    2) Yhwach explaining at the very beginning that his powers do not work on parts of the SK.
    3) Yhwach being wary of Ichigo because he is the being with the highest potential in-verse and unlocked it before their last confrontation.

Just because you didn't connect the dots, does not the story did not make sense.

Holy fuck.

This is a disgrace, i had close to no expectations left and Hiro still disappointed. Zeref is easily the worst villain i've ever seen, he was built up for so long only to get defeated in such a pitiful way by Natsu's flaming plot armour. He should've just killed himself like Irene and saved some dignity, this is just sad.

If Acnologia is truly gone then he can keep Zeref company as the two most disappointing and shitty final villains in Shonen.

Tfw even Neinhart had better fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Holy fuck.

This is a disgrace, i had close to no expectations left and Hiro still disappointed. Zeref is easily the worst villain i've ever seen, he was built up for so long only to get defeated in such a pitiful way by Natsu's flaming plot armour. He should've just killed himself like Irene and saved some dignity, this is just sad.

If Acnologia is truly gone then he can keep Zeref company as the two most disappointing and shitty final villains in Shonen.
    It's talent I tell you... Not everyone can make something as disappointing as Hiro