Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resurrection: Etrugal

When a good deed unwittingly endangers his clan, a 13th-century Turkish warrior agrees to fight a sultan's enemies in exchange for new tribal land.
    I'm on the first episode right now. So far so good. Everyone keeps saying this show is really good, so I'm hoping it lives upto the hype. It's Turkish and English subtitles are available.
    No.​

Some kurdish/turkish friends can't stop talking about it. Is it really that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some kurdish/turkish friends can't stop talking about it. Is it really that good?
    I can't say for sure, since I'm only partway through the first episode, but so far I'm liking it.
    Last edited by Pimp of Pimps; 05-16-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I can't say for sure, since I'm only partway through the first episode, but so far I'm liking it.
    I'm putting it on my watch list.

I'm putting it on my watch list.

I just finished the first episode. Good stuff.

It has fighting, villains, heroes and everything else. I check and there are 76 episodes as well, so this will occupy me for a while lol.
    No.​

So this guy is the father of Osman, the man who started the Ottoman Caliphate.

I wonder why they didn't just do a show about Osman. Or maybe that's in the works.
    No.​

@DreX;

What do you think so far?
    No.​

@DreX;

What do you think so far?
    Thank you, I have watched the first 7 episodes so far; fortunately or unfortunately, to the advice of my friend, i switched to the Arabic dub version since i'm more used the historical terminologies in Arabic, but hopefully i won't find any difficulty referring to different parties in the series.

Without a doubt, it's worth watching, simply since it it speaks about a very important, yet not-very-known part of the Muslim history, the root foundation of the Ottoman Caliphate, and what makes it more interesting is that it revolves around Ertrugul Solyman and not his son - Othman, the original founder of the Ottoman Caliphate, I mean the historical info on Othman far exceeds that of his father and is more elaborated and renowned in the historical books. so i don't know the reason for this start, but from the get go you can deduce that the film will have a fair share of the producer's fantasy and imagination to fill the historical gaps in the series's timeline .

In the first glance, the hero is a very interesting typical 'good' protagonist and i can see that he enriches his role with bravery, strength and dignity. His strength is a bit exaggerated but guess that's a feature in action movies and it adds a taste to it. the intelligent brother is likable imo and i honestly hope he don't turn on his bro and take the side of the crusaders at the end.

You can see that Romance is interpreted in an okey way without lewd scenes (this far) which is extremely necessary to reflect a good pic on Islam and Muslims be them specifically the Turks or generally, doesn't make a diff. Yet i can still see false hapits such as the Women not wearing Hijab and kissing before marriage. Pretty much reveals that the actors aren't Muslims which kinda hurts but i can't brag over that minor thing.

I was shocked at first when you told me first that Ibn Arabi was introduced as his teacher, and seems like it. But does Ibn Arabi has anything to do with the Ottoman Caliphate ??? I'm not sure if he actually meet Ertrugul, need to do some research, but the writer is probably pulling fictional scenes out of his ass here. That's to be expected to an extent since Ibn Arabi is a dignified well-acknowledged character for the Turks, the generation of Salah-ed-Deen Al-Ayobi 's lineage, but this is a very controversial character as many Muslim Scientists said, and he has many clashes in beliefs with Ibn-Taymeya. Anyways, i'm just taking the fact that he's the teacher of Ertrugul, Othman's dad, a whim from the writer's vast imagination, and apart from that, everything in the plot is beautifully captured.

Also, looking forward for how Halima will marry Ertrugul . Loved how the writer introduced their first acquaintance, and maybe he's advancing their relationship a bit fast but so far so goood!!

Gundogdu's friend who played the rule of a traitor saying who attacked the crusaders and freed the captives. what was his name? . anyways, i fucking hate him man. and to hell.

Titus is pretty rotten and a retard basically, look forward to when he dies on the hands on Ertrugul following his bro to hell! i have takan a liking on him tho. he's pretty prideful, but with his stupidity, he's just reckless, and I predict that his master, the crusader's king, who i forgot his name as well, will back-stab him one day, but who knows .

I'm anxious over how will writer introduce the Abasi-Caliphate (is the correct way to say it lol ?) or the Ayobi - dynasty which encompasses Egypt, Al-Sham, Yeman, Hejaz and other states. Basically, the Arabs are very rarely referred to as of yet in the plot which i hope doesn't continue. My impression on halab was fantastic, but historically, i'm not sure if it was such a weak country and her king man...

Ah, before i forget, i wonder why the hell didn't the producer date different events at different places throughout the plot... this would have made it more informative. either he's lazy or that he lack resources, or that he's plot is flawed if taken with reference to the timeline.

Anyways, if taken as an Action movie, its simply thrilling!! probably the best Turkish translated movie i have ever seen. I can see that it promotes many Islmic morals such as the importance of recalling Allah and mentioning his name on every thing, and the danger of betrayal or being hypocritical.
    Overall, straight thumps up on the choice of the movie, absolutely fascinating !!
    Last edited by DreX; 05-27-2017 at 04:10 PM.

@DreX;

What episode are you on? I'm on 13 right now, the honor Etrugral showed is noteworthy.
    No.​

@DreX;

What episode are you on? I'm on 13 right now, the honor Etrugral showed is noteworthy.
    still on 9, it was getting interesting in Halab. I slowed down considerably for Ramadan, got alot of things on my list to do, but ill try to make time for it, tbh i'm not really keen on watching any series during the month but this one is worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, actually an episode in arabic lasts of 30 or so mins only, so i'm actually far behind you.

@DreX;

After a long break I'm starting episode 16.
    No.​

@DreX;

After a long break I'm starting episode 16.
    i've temporarily stooped as well at episode 34. that's around the time Yageet was sent to Halab to see his sister and when the prince of Halab proposed to her.

man, i got sick of the amount of trolling in the series at some point . It never failed to keep me on toes man.

a couple of religious and historical flaws i think you may have spotted, but pointing out them now will only make it more dull.
    as an action series a straight 10.

@Ink Spot;

Watch this mayne
    No.​

@Ink Spot;

Watch this mayne
    I'm starting it this week.

I'm starting it this week.

No.​

This week. It's been on my computer for for quite some time.

@Ink Spot;

What do you think about the character's you've seen this far?
    @Aizen;

Watch this. Ertrugul is like a stronger Ned that isn't an idiot.
    No.​

@Pimp of Pimps;

Have you reached the episodes where they battle the mongols?

So, I finished season one yesterday and I"m a few episodes into season two.

This show is amazing. Not perfect of course, but amazing. It is a part of our history (with some embellishment, of course) so that's awesome, but more importantly it shows strong Islamic values such as justice, reliance on Allah, fighting for what's right and so on in a proper way. We need more shows like this that portray what being a real Muslim means at its core. The fighting is better than I expected and there's no political deception. Basically, it has everything.

Ertugrul the character is the classic honorable good guy, and he has the smarts to back it up so there's no naivety.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Tigerclaw View Post
    @Pimp of Pimps;

Have you reached the episodes where they battle the mongols?

Yeah, I'm on season two. Season one was about the Templars and season two is about the mongols.

Season two looks to be even more insane.
    No.​

So, I finished season one yesterday and I"m a few episodes into season two.

This show is amazing. Not perfect of course, but amazing. It is a part of our history (with some embellishment, of course) so that's awesome, but more importantly it shows strong Islamic values such as justice, reliance on Allah, fighting for what's right and so on in a proper way. We need more shows like this that portray what being a real Muslim means at its core. The fighting is better than I expected and there's no political deception. Basically, it has everything.

Ertugrul the character is the classic honorable good guy, and he has the smarts to back it up so there's no naivety.

Yeah, I'm on season two. Season one was about the Templars and season two is about the mongols.

Season two looks to be even more insane.
    The templars are not done yet. Take this as a minor spoiler. Now they will have their hands full with the mongols but the templars are not out of the story completely