Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    this is even more complicated than state bonus

when people don't even have the same opinion of normal manga character, it will be hard to pin down this custom made ones tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what do you fellers think about a 100 point make a general character? Like, any player can choose to use 100 of his points at the end of the main auction to create his own general. You'd create your general (base 50/50/50) using those 100 points as your budget for buying characteristics:

Martial (includes strength/speed/technique/weight/weapon/breakthrough/size of said general):
    Unshackled Houken strength: 60
    base Houken strength (i.e. the pussy that chokes when opponents have weight ): 55
    Moubu strength: 55
    Ouki strength (base only, no Houken revenge weight ): 50
    Renpa strength: 47 wonky I know
    Tou strength: 43 wonky I know too
    Earl Shi strength (no defense included ): 40
    Duke Hyou strength: 40
    Yotanwa strength: 40
    Ranbihaku strength: 35
    Kyou strength: 35
    Rinbukun strengh: 30
    Rinko strength: 30
    SHK strength: 25
    Rokuomi strength: 20
    Batei strength: 20
    Keisha strength: 15
    Choutou strength: 10

Leadership (gonna have the values lower since leadership isn't a huge factor in CyK):
    Ei Sei leadership (comes with king title ): 30
    Yotanwa leadership (not limited to mountain men troops but the ferocity of it is what I'm auctioning): 25
    Renpa leadership: 25
    Ouki leadership: 20
    Kisui leadership (like Yotanwa, the ferocity of his Rigan leadership): 15
    Moubu leadership (the promo giving kind ): 15
    Domon leadership: 10
    Shin leadership (the yelling at your strategist kind ): 5

Intelligence/Instinct (includes their special stuff like prep fetish, formations arsenal, style, and observation/analytic skills):
    Riboku knowledge: 60
    Duke Hyou instinct: 60
    Renpa knowledge/instinct combo: 55
    GHM (includes siege weaponry expertise): 50
    Ousen knowledge (includes Hakuki level fortification of course): 50
    Gokei knowledge: 45
    Kanki's ... unorthodox stuff: 40
    Ouki knowledge: 40
    Keisha knowledge/instinct combo: 35
    Kaioku knowledge (comes with siege defense tool expertise): 30
    Ryuutou knowledge: 25
    Ryuukoku knowledge: 25
    Mouten knowledge: 20
    Chousou knowledge: 20
    Ouhon knowledge: 15
    Heki knowledge: 10
    Rihaku knowledge (defense of course ): 10
    Shin knowledge: free

for personality/in character, the characteristic you spend the most amount of points on is the personality/in character you'd get. For example, if I made a 60 Houken and 40 Ouki, the general would be in Houken's character of duelist bushin (not a proper martial general that can lead charges but can sit back and strategize like Ouki if you gave him the clause(s) cuz he has the capacity to do so). Same with a 60 Riboku and 40 Duke Hyou, it'd just be Riboku with added strength and uses a glaive but 50 leadership.

@Crispinianus; @felixng2015; @Irregular; @Nordlending; @gn_x00; @Cyri; @Zentos; @Jjcb; make your generals, I wanna see how flawed this idea is

- - - Updated - - -

forgot it's now @Caves; and forgot @Aliasniamor;
    I like your leadership system, but I think it should matter alot more in CyK. I'd say the main thing about the manga that says the leaderships stats are Fed up is how much Ouki seemed to do with such a low stat.(so its like they lowered him, because they didn't releaze the stat inflation)
    Last edited by Cyri; 06-20-2017 at 02:53 PM.

any of you guys want to test out this idea with some mock rounds? I'll give everyone an extra 100 points to make a guy.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:

I can't at the moment, at the very least not until wednesday or so.

not interested in that make a general thing

anyway, are we adding feedback in here or another new thread?

you can post it here

I'm up for a round

any of you guys want to face Cyri with the new build a general thing? I'd do it myself but F/GO and Nika's Assassin game has me booked.

i've been.... delaying the feedback too much and i forget a lot of things that i wanted to say. I was sure i could make a much longer text wall and got too lazy to do it..

anyway before i forget them all, i'll just list some short feedback about them:

Strats:
    a. making it into picture kinda make people simplify things too much. People even argue about arrows and such which is actually.... annoying honesty. but eh, it did simplify reading strats, although I don't think it improve voting by too much

b. something need to be done about troops specifications. Either we agree on default (all mixed troops) and doesn't care about it, or we design a good system on how to divide it (and maybe advantage/disadvantage of each type of troops). [see suggestion]

c. honestly too much general kinda make it messy, as usual. [see suggestion]

d. seems too luck involved since we know nothing about the enemy strats at all. [see suggestion]

Auction:
    a. lower tier character is kinda... unimportant. [see suggestion]

b. the restriction on double minimum bid on auction doesn't seems to be that bad, but people still seems to prefer sniping them in silent bid eh... Although it proves to be kinda effective if we see examples like Moubu, Ouki, and some more characters

Judging:
    a. not satisfied with judging. Some people just post his opinion and go away so that we can't defend our own strats...

b. still some problem with people not voting in matches. really hard to say about it honestly

1. Suggestion for army type differentation:
    a. buying generals will give you troops [to replace base infantry]:
    example:
    Moubu = comes with 5.000 cavalry
    Yotanwa = comes with 5.000 Yotanwa's mounted mountain men
    Bajio = comes with 5.000 Yotanwa's mountain men infantry
    Taijifu = comes with 10.000 Yotanwa's mounted mountain men
    Ordo = comes with 10.000 mountain men infantry
    Kanki = comes with 5.000 bandits
    Raido = comes with 10.000 mounted bandits

will discuss this more if you guys like this. but lower character = more troops, higher character = lower amount of troops to make the lower characters more important.
    additional suggestions:
    - ban cavalry archers since we haven't seen them in manga yet [other than little flash back chapter]
    - ban siege weapons as usual.
    - ban chariots or limit how many you can bring.
    - honestly i would rather remove all elites since we don't really have a gauge about where to place them strength wise compared to normal troops.

b. You can only bring a maximum of 8 characters
    - to keep the battle simpler
    - to keep the game from wall of texts from too much clauses
    - not bringing the characters will of course... not let you use their troops [not bringing Ordo will deny you of his 10.000 mountain men]
    - make it more possible if you want a "2 side war" where you need to divide who you want to bring to game A and who to bring to game B

2. Suggestion on strats writing:
    Taking inspiration from Ousen vs Riboku currently in the manga, I propose we will have a single day to choose who and where we want to deploy. After 1 day, Host will reveal the placement of our troops and then we will proceed on the strats writing [maybe 2 days like usual].
    - it will probably take longer time
    - it will make it less luck based since we know where the enemy [especially the CIC] is.
    - it might actually be possible to strategized on how to deal with the enemy's position.

additional gimmick we can implement:
    - if you choose to deploy your army inside a forest, then the general is not revealed by host after 1 day
    - you can post your preparations clause [make dummies to appear bigger, etc] to actually fool the enemy's player

after reading it back.. Maybe it's a good thing that I forget a lot of things that i want to give feedback about since no one will ever read it due to its length [since this one is already long enough]
    Last edited by gn_x00; 07-15-2017 at 01:11 PM.

@gn_x00;
    I've read it, but I probably won't reply until tomorrow, don't think I'll be online a lot today.

The only thing I can say right now is that the minor characters have brought me my victories. The less characters per match, the more impactful are the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    @gn_x00;
    I've read it, but I probably won't reply until tomorrow, don't think I'll be online a lot today.

The only thing I can say right now is that the minor characters have brought me my victories. The less characters per match, the more impactful are the big ones.
    yes, but for me the strats is too messy, it's just my personal opinion honestly.

Because too many people have a hard time on making the strats/reading the strats and vote, I prefer to have a simpler matches instead of a big complicated one which people can hardly read because of no time. I myself doesn't really have too much time to read on the more complicated battle, especially the one which visual aids are kinda limited

I honestly want to restrict it to 6 characters or so [so that each will have a bigger role] , but most people might think that too little is too limiting.

Actually I would like to have a restriction like "someone that you choose can't be chosen for next match" restriction so that you didn't depend on a single character only [e.g Moubu], and that general can truly be your trump card.

It also fit into the theme of this game "Create your Kingdom" where you actually think on who to deploy for each match too

Might actually have the big war on final or something, but eh... This is just a suggestion. Feel free to discuss things
    Last edited by gn_x00; 07-15-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    yes, but for me the strats is too messy, it's just my personal opinion honestly.

Because too many people have a hard time on making the strats/reading the strats and vote, I prefer to have a simpler matches instead of a big complicated one which people can hardly read because of no time. I myself doesn't really have too much time to read on the more complicated battle, especially the one which visual aids are kinda limited

I honestly want to restrict it to 6 characters or so [so that each will have a bigger role] , but most people might think that too little is too limiting.

Actually I would like to have a restriction like "someone that you choose can't be chosen for next match" restriction so that you didn't depend on a single character only [e.g Moubu], and that general can truly be your trump card.

It also fit into the theme of this game "Create your Kingdom" where you actually think on who to deploy for each match too

Might actually have the big war on final or something, but eh... This is just a suggestion. Feel free to discuss things
    i'm a little iffy about limiting characters. i think 8 is a good number and if you have more you should be able to choose who you want as your 8, but i'd love to try it and i also like the idea you can't buy the same generals 2 games in a row, honestly i really like that idea, though kinda messes me up cause i somehow end up with shin/a few others every auction lol

it'll make people have to broaden there horizons from there normal.
    Last edited by Cyri; 07-18-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    i'm a little iffy about limiting characters. i think 8 is a good number and if you have more you should be able to choose who you want as your 8, but i'd love to try it and i also like the idea you can't buy the same generals 2 games in a row, honestly i really like that idea, though kinda messes me up cause i somehow end up with shin/a few others every auction lol

it'll make people have to broaden there horizons from there normal.
    my idea isn't "you can't buy the same generals 2 games in a row" but "you can't bring the same generals 2 match in a row".

my idea isn't "you can't buy the same generals 2 games in a row" but "you can't bring the same generals 2 match in a row".
    Oh okay I like that idea more honestly seems like it's fun and you gotta plan ahead.

well, I have time to burn now so ...
    Strats:
    a. making it into picture kinda make people simplify things too much. People even argue about arrows and such which is actually.... annoying honesty. but eh, it did simplify reading strats, although I don't think it improve voting by too much
    yeah, it has its pros and cons, it's simple for people to read because of the arrows and visual, but it forces you to narrow down your options

I still prefer it over the old one though

b. something need to be done about troops specifications. Either we agree on default (all mixed troops) and doesn't care about it, or we design a good system on how to divide it (and maybe advantage/disadvantage of each type of troops). [see suggestion]
    c. honestly too much general kinda make it messy, as usual. [see suggestion]

d. seems too luck involved since we know nothing about the enemy strats at all. [see suggestion]
    b. I wanna force everyone to specify their troop mix in the strats, I really hate people that use their unspecified mix to their convenience i.e. when hill climbing. either we mix this into auctions or we all choose our initial force mix before the battles begin and roll with that for the rest of the matches (like I choose 150k cavalry and that's all I can deploy, outside of my bought elites of course, for all my matches)

c. that's up to the players and you can't say "you can't bid anymore, you've got too many generals already", I'll address your suggestion later

d.

Auction:
    a. lower tier character is kinda... unimportant. [see suggestion]

b. the restriction on double minimum bid on auction doesn't seems to be that bad, but people still seems to prefer sniping them in silent bid eh... Although it proves to be kinda effective if we see examples like Moubu, Ouki, and some more characters

Judging:
    a. not satisfied with judging. Some people just post his opinion and go away so that we can't defend our own strats...

b. still some problem with people not voting in matches. really hard to say about it honestly
    a. yeah lol

b. umu

a. I'd say this is a double sided problem: I myself find it troublesome to post paragraphs of analysis, which burns me out already, just for a stubborn player to defend his strat at all costs and it turns into a vicious cycle of text where nothing really gets resolved ... I pretty much leave when I feel like I've gotten my point/opinion on why I voted for X across and anymore typing would be useless. A fix would be like the PH debate thing we had two years ago: let both players give an opening post on the strats and why they would win, give each a rebuttal, let judges decide and vote, and then the players get a last chance appeal to correct errors/defend themselves.

b. my suggestion above would need say 3 judges to sit but I can't force anyone to be a part of it or read the strats, big problem I think is because the players go at it already and it pushes the votes away from getting involved

1. Suggestion for army type differentation:

a. buying generals will give you troops [to replace base infantry]:
    example:
    Moubu = comes with 5.000 cavalry
    Yotanwa = comes with 5.000 Yotanwa's mounted mountain men
    Bajio = comes with 5.000 Yotanwa's mountain men infantry
    Taijifu = comes with 10.000 Yotanwa's mounted mountain men
    Ordo = comes with 10.000 mountain men infantry
    Kanki = comes with 5.000 bandits
    Raido = comes with 10.000 mounted bandits

will discuss this more if you guys like this. but lower character = more troops, higher character = lower amount of troops to make the lower characters more important.
    additional suggestions:
    - ban cavalry archers since we haven't seen them in manga yet [other than little flash back chapter]
    - ban siege weapons as usual.
    - ban chariots or limit how many you can bring.
    - honestly i would rather remove all elites since we don't really have a gauge about where to place them strength wise compared to normal troops.
    dunno about this, it could work but I'm too iffy atm

b. You can only bring a maximum of 8 characters
    - to keep the battle simpler
    - to keep the game from wall of texts from too much clauses
    - not bringing the characters will of course... not let you use their troops [not bringing Ordo will deny you of his 10.000 mountain men]
    - make it more possible if you want a "2 side war" where you need to divide who you want to bring to game A and who to bring to game B
    not really a fan of this: say between my army and Zentos', if we only could bring 8, I'd get the huge advantage since I only had like what, 6 characters while Zentos had over 20. He pretty much needed all of those 20 to make up for the quality difference. If we implement this, watch nobody even care to bid on low or even mid tier characters. I say we do percentage: you only get to use 50% of your whole team roster. If I have 6 dudes, I get to use only 3 and if Zentos has 20, he gets to use only 10.

2. Suggestion on strats writing:
    Taking inspiration from Ousen vs Riboku currently in the manga, I propose we will have a single day to choose who and where we want to deploy. After 1 day, Host will reveal the placement of our troops and then we will proceed on the strats writing [maybe 2 days like usual].
    - it will probably take longer time
    - it will make it less luck based since we know where the enemy [especially the CIC] is.
    - it might actually be possible to strategized on how to deal with the enemy's position.
    if you want the limited usage character pool, I'd say I'd like it more if you didn't know what your opponent was packing. reading your opponent and guessing right is a big part of the game, your suggestion here takes more time which I don't feel good about, since it means more hassle

well, I have time to burn now so ... yeah, it has its pros and cons, it's simple for people to read because of the arrows and visual, but it forces you to narrow down your options

I still prefer it over the old one though

b. I wanna force everyone to specify their troop mix in the strats, I really hate people that use their unspecified mix to their convenience i.e. when hill climbing. either we mix this into auctions or we all choose our initial force mix before the battles begin and roll with that for the rest of the matches (like I choose 150k cavalry and that's all I can deploy, outside of my bought elites of course, for all my matches)

c. that's up to the players and you can't say "you can't bid anymore, you've got too many generals already", I'll address your suggestion later

d.

a. yeah lol

b. umu

a. I'd say this is a double sided problem: I myself find it troublesome to post paragraphs of analysis, which burns me out already, just for a stubborn player to defend his strat at all costs and it turns into a vicious cycle of text where nothing really gets resolved ... I pretty much leave when I feel like I've gotten my point/opinion on why I voted for X across and anymore typing would be useless. A fix would be like the PH debate thing we had two years ago: let both players give an opening post on the strats and why they would win, give each a rebuttal, let judges decide and vote, and then the players get a last chance appeal to correct errors/defend themselves.

b. my suggestion above would need say 3 judges to sit but I can't force anyone to be a part of it or read the strats, big problem I think is because the players go at it already and it pushes the votes away from getting involved

dunno about this, it could work but I'm too iffy atm

not really a fan of this: say between my army and Zentos', if we only could bring 8, I'd get the huge advantage since I only had like what, 6 characters while Zentos had over 20. He pretty much needed all of those 20 to make up for the quality difference. If we implement this, watch nobody even care to bid on low or even mid tier characters. I say we do percentage: you only get to use 50% of your whole team roster. If I have 6 dudes, I get to use only 3 and if Zentos has 20, he gets to use only 10.

if you want the limited usage character pool, I'd say I'd like it more if you didn't know what your opponent was packing. reading your opponent and guessing right is a big part of the game, your suggestion here takes more time which I don't feel good about, since it means more hassle
    Are we doing another round soon? I'll be honest I love this game and want more

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    Are we doing another round soon? I'll be honest I love this game and want more
    I'm a bit busy right now though I may host one "soon" when my schedule's stabilized

I'm a bit busy right now though I may host one "soon" when my schedule's stabilized
    Okay no rush I just wanted you to know I'm ready whenever everyone else is.