Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That disgust is just fine. It just makes her so...
    Of course, disgust can be the main trait of a really good character. That's why a lot of people respect the actor, despite hating king Joffrey.
    But I still don't like her, because she's all over the place and just doesn't give a Yonko vibe at all. Hopefully next chapter shit goes down, they get smacked around, Jinbe and Capone or someone else die and the SHs shit their pants worse than at Sabaody. It would be a good chance to get Luffy in line so he stops acting like a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Of course, disgust can be the main trait of a really good character. That's why a lot of people respect the actor, despite hating king Joffrey.
    But I still don't like her, because she's all over the place and just doesn't give a Yonko vibe at all. Hopefully next chapter shit goes down, they get smacked around, Jinbe and Capone or someone else die and the SHs shit their pants worse than at Sabaody. It would be a good chance to get Luffy in line so he stops acting like a retard.
    Mama will continue to act the way she has, and so will Luffy. Just accept it, you're almost 850 chapters in. Luffy is never going to stop being a tard.

What is this Yonko vibe you're asking for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    Personally, I'm fine with Big Mom as a character. I'm mostly exasperated at Oda throwing away her schtick. The Queen of Information can find out where the Straw Hats come from all the way in East Blue but doesn't have a sufficient network to know when her own children/commanders go missing or don't report back from battle with a notable enemy for several hours? Doesn't make any sense. Heck, Bobbin got shot and left in the middle of the street and absolutely no one has said anything or even mentioned as to why he disappeared all of a sudden. Or maybe he was found? he was laying out in the open? None of that makes sense for such an information mogul.

But Big Mom as a character? Yeah, I'm fine.
    Not trying to excuse that she's ignoring what's happening in her own backyard. But she seems to be more concerned about what's going outside her home then in her home. Most likely because few to no men dare intrude on her homeland. You might say she should be worried after Kidd's attacks, and Urouge taking out one of her commanders. But she doesn't seem to care as long it doesn't interfere with her interests. She only put up guards around her treasure room knowing Luffy and co had invaded her island.

I think people just want the vibe of a top tier, similar to Kizaru's effortless killing spree in SA against the supernovas. I can see where the disappointment comes from.

- - - Updated - - -

It rubs the power level junkies the wrong way. Her character is pretty refreshing though.

I was pissed at Jinbe no diffing her ability.But if you look at it,Jinbe is the same guy that was ready to die in war,the guy who faced Akainu without any fear and didn't get one shot and the guy that has repeatedly stated that he is ready to die for Luffy.Since Big Mom's ability works on the fear of death and people being scared of her,it's pretty accurate for Jinbe to not get affected.

I personally love her character.Really enjoyable and she has probably one of the most interesting pasts in the series with the Carmel and Giant stuff.

Always doing it better Nikamara's Avatar
    I have found this arc to be the most entertaining post-skip arc. I think Big Mom's character is unique and mysterious. I'm curious to know more about her, and it has kept me reading week by week which is something I rarely do. Other people's opinion of her character are not my business. To each his own.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    I was pissed at Jinbe no diffing her ability.But if you look at it,Jinbe is the same guy that was ready to die in war,the guy who faced Akainu without any fear and didn't get one shot and the guy that has repeatedly stated that he is ready to die for Luffy.Since Big Mom's ability works on the fear of death and people being scared of her,it's pretty accurate for Jinbe to not get affected.

I personally love her character.Really enjoyable and she has probably one of the most interesting pasts in the series with the Carmel and Giant stuff.
    That's true. Jinbei is almost like a rare exception to her ability due to his character. I'm sure she'd scare a majority of the One Piece characters anyways. Even Doflamingo shat his pants at the thought of angering Kaido.

Her not accepting Katakuri's help was kind of eh but otherwise she has been absolutely fine and i guess the former is a pretty typical villain troupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post

I came out of that unscathed, as to be expected of Pirate King Nightfall.
    Name of manga in your set?

"It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post
    Name of manga in your set?
    Douluo Dalu II, it's a manhwa. But his set is from the light novel, the story didn't react that point yet.
    http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Combat-Continent
    http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Douluo-Da...ueshui-Tangmen
    That's the links for part I and II.

Douluo Dalu II, it's a manhwa. But his set is from the light novel, the story didn't react that point yet.
    http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Combat-Continent
    http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Douluo-Da...ueshui-Tangmen
    That's the links for part I and II.
    But the manwha is currently still being published, correct?

"It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

Yes, both are. 5 new chapters for DDI and DDII came out a few days ago, they are being translated.
    I'd recommend both, they are different but really fun. You don't have to read DDI to understand DDII, but I recommend it.

If you plan on reading it, read douluo dalu I first before the II since the beginning of II kind of spoiled the first douluo.

The Seven Beast Gods
    1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    400,000 Years Ice Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    700,000 Years Snow Emperor Xuenu
    100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    300,000 Years Polar Ice Bear White
    100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Leah
    700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

Alright.

I just got something new to read, nice

Alright.

I just got something new to read, nice
    Make a reading log!

Make a reading log!
    I suck at those

I suck at those

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    Mama will continue to act the way she has, and so will Luffy. Just accept it, you're almost 850 chapters in. Luffy is never going to stop being a tard.

What is this Yonko vibe you're asking for?

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to excuse that she's ignoring what's happening in her own backyard. But she seems to be more concerned about what's going outside her home then in her home. Most likely because few to no men dare intrude on her homeland. You might say she should be worried after Kidd's attacks, and Urouge taking out one of her commanders. But she doesn't seem to care as long it doesn't interfere with her interests. She only put up guards around her treasure room knowing Luffy and co had invaded her island.
    This more for her organization as a whole. I don't expect Big Mom herself to be the one tracking down that info. It should be her commanders and other important members that are keeping track of that stuff but we haven't has a single inkling that anyone has done even half decent follow up on situations that scream for it.

She is just treated like a normal villain instead of one of the greatest threats in the OPverse.

She doesn't even have the same presence as Rob Lucci, Croc, or Pre-Birdcage Doffy. Definitely does not have the presence as WB, Shanks, Kaidou, or even Jack.

Oda started treating her poorly when she asked what happened to Cracker and then just listened to her random subordinate when he said not to worry about him not checking in for an entire night. Lots of talk of others not to underestimate her but she's not done anything to back up the talk.

She doesn't live up to the hype and awe that is the Yonko

Something we've been teased about for over a decade

One of the 4 strongest pirates alive

You're kidding yourself if 2 years ago this is how you imagined the first arc involving a Yonko facing off against the SH's would look like

Completely underwhelming

There was more tension with Doflamingo/DR
    Last edited by Killche3; 04-23-2017 at 04:18 AM.

she ugly