Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's because everyone and their mother's poodles are helping Luffy become PK. Even Teach encouraged Luffy at Mock Town and Impel Down and will probably take care of Shanks for him in the future. Smoker and Buggy went to the GL for the sole purpose of chasing Luffy and they both helped him out multiple times. Even Crocoboy helped Luffy. Luffy can't become the PK on his own with just his crew. He wouldn't even be alive right now if Bentham, Galdino, Jinbe, Buggy, Crocodile, and all of WB's pirates didn't put their lives on the line to make sure he survived through Impel Down and Marineford.

Roger became the PK with Buggy and Crocus as notable members. Roger didn't have a DF either. "Blah blah, it's harder now than in Roger's time blah blah". Not when your enemies are literally letting you win. Luffy stood up against ALL 3 ADMIRALS at the same time and they just let him go. And that wasn't the first time. Croc just stood there and let Luffy pummel him, Enel just flew to the moon instead of trying to fight back, Foxy was showing off most of the fight, Lucci kicked Luffy between the buildings instead of just hitting him with a shigan to the throat in zoan form, Moria could have solo'd the SHs easily, Kuma is Dragon's lap dog, and Kizaru was being Kizaru.

It's like the OP world is holding the PK title and is trying to give it to Luffy, but he's currently too dumb to just take it. Luffy would say some dumb stuff like "I want to earn it instead of just receiving it", knowing full well he's 20 years too young to earn it for real.
    Mihawk said Luffys ability to draw allies is something unique that makes him stand out from the sea of pirates, people dont just help Luffy because hes a charity case, it obviously has something to do with what makes Luffy special.

Plot shields for a protagonist are a trope most manga protagonists have, the manga would be a lot more dull if Luffy didnt find himself in these situations. At least One Piece sort of explains it with the whole fate theme of the manga (i.e. Luffy surviving his execution in Logue town) you should be grateful you have that. I dont see much difference in Rodger luck letting him survive in the Edd war as Luffy living through half his shenanigans

Maybe Rodger had it the same way as Luffy did. Based on what happened in the Edd war it seems probable. Either way I think you need to be much more than the strongest person in the whole world to be the PK; you need that combination of personality, strength, luck and fate on your side. It echos with what Whitebeard said to Blackbeard before he died about Blackbeard not being the person Rodger is waiting for.

That's because everyone and their mother's poodles are helping Luffy become PK. Even Teach encouraged Luffy at Mock Town and Impel Down and will probably take care of Shanks for him in the future. Smoker and Buggy went to the GL for the sole purpose of chasing Luffy and they both helped him out multiple times. Even Crocoboy helped Luffy. Luffy can't become the PK on his own with just his crew. He wouldn't even be alive right now if Bentham, Galdino, Jinbe, Buggy, Crocodile, and all of WB's pirates didn't put their lives on the line to make sure he survived through Impel Down and Marineford.

Roger became the PK with Buggy and Crocus as notable members. Roger didn't have a DF either. "Blah blah, it's harder now than in Roger's time blah blah". Not when your enemies are literally letting you win. Luffy stood up against ALL 3 ADMIRALS at the same time and they just let him go. And that wasn't the first time. Croc just stood there and let Luffy pummel him, Enel just flew to the moon instead of trying to fight back, Foxy was showing off most of the fight, Lucci kicked Luffy between the buildings instead of just hitting him with a shigan to the throat in zoan form, Moria could have solo'd the SHs easily, Kuma is Dragon's lap dog, and Kizaru was being Kizaru.

It's like the OP world is holding the PK title and is trying to give it to Luffy, but he's currently too dumb to just take it. Luffy would say some dumb stuff like "I want to earn it instead of just receiving it", knowing full well he's 20 years too young to earn it for real.
    You act like you know how Roger attained his title. Yet we don't know shit. He got it at a way older age than Luffy did. He is freaking 19 years old as of now and is not even close to be as powerful as the PK should be. Yet he definitly has the potential. Sure he got much support but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be on Rogers lvl when he was PK he still has a shit ton of time left. Who knows if Roger had help when he was in his younger days. I doubt he just defeated just everyone in his way when he first met them. Everyone has to overcome obstacles. Otherwise he would have been PK way earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    Mihawk said Luffys ability to draw allies is something unique that makes him stand out from the sea of pirates, people dont just help Luffy because hes a charity case, it obviously has something to do with what makes Luffy special.

Plot shields for a protagonist are a trope most manga protagonists have, the manga would be a lot more dull if Luffy didnt find himself in these situations. At least One Piece sort of explains it with the whole fate theme of the manga (i.e. Luffy surviving his execution in Logue town) you should be grateful you have that. I dont see much difference in Rodger luck letting him survive in the Edd war as Luffy living through half his shenanigans

Maybe Rodger had it the same way as Luffy did. Based on what happened in the Edd war it seems probable. Either way I think you need to be much more than the strongest person in the whole world to be the PK; you need that combination of personality, strength, luck and fate on your side. It echos with what Whitebeard said to Blackbeard before he died about Blackbeard not being the person Rodger is waiting for.
    Buggy has the same ability.

There are very few manga that I know of where the villain just lets the MC win.

Roger had luck. Luffy has people going out of their way to make sure he succeeds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalIce View Post
    You act like you know how Roger attained his title. Yet we don't know shit. He got it at a way older age than Luffy did. He is freaking 19 years old as of now and is not even close to be as powerful as the PK should be. Yet he definitly has the potential. Sure he got much support but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be on Rogers lvl when he was PK he still has a shit ton of time left. Who knows if Roger had help when he was in his younger days. I doubt he just defeated just everyone in his way when he first met them. Everyone has to overcome obstacles. Otherwise he would have been PK way earlier.
    If we find out that a potential PK sacrificed his arm to save a young Roger and he had other forms of help, that would further my point that Luffy is destined to be PK no matter what. If we find out no one helped Roger, that would also further my point that Luffy is destined to be PK no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

Buggy may have that ability, buts thats the only ability he has. Like I said you need a combination of a lot of different things.

Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    That crew would probably be a little stronger than Doffy's crew.
    The fuck? That lineup of people would annihilate the Donquixote Pirates. You've got 4 people who can at minimum give Doflamingo high diff individually, 1 pseudo M3 level and 2 Diamante + level fighters. A combination of any 2 M3 level people and another person would be able to comfortably solo the entire crew. Oh, but doflamingo is just a notch below yonkou first mates isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    Buggy may have that ability, buts thats the only ability he has. Like I said you need a combination of a lot of different things.
    No Buggy, no PK.

I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.

Buggy has the same ability.

There are very few manga that I know of where the villain just lets the MC win.

Roger had luck. Luffy has people going out of their way to make sure he succeeds.

- - - Updated - - -

If we find out that a potential PK sacrificed his arm to save a young Roger and he had other forms of help, that would further my point that Luffy is destined to be PK no matter what. If we find out no one helped Roger, that would also further my point that Luffy is destined to be PK no matter what.
    No it wouldn't Luffy isn't destined to become PK all he has is the potential like every other D. Destined would be ace because he had everything going for him like a Yonko crew and being Rogers son . Luffy will achieve it by his own means and gathering comrades to help him. I doubt Roger just had his own crew around him all of the time since it was stated they share many similarities.

No it wouldn't Luffy isn't destined to become PK all he has is the potential like every other D. Destined would be ace because he had everything going for him like a Yonko crew and being Rogers son . Luffy will achieve it by his own means and gathering comrades to help him. I doubt Roger just had his own crew around him all of the time since it was stated they share many similarities.
    The Roger/Luffy parallels have been established early on. Ever since Loguetown and possibly Chapter 1 if we assume Oda always meant for the straw hat to belong to Roger. Knowing this:
    1. If Roger had the same amount of help as Luffy, that means Luffy is the next Roger.
    2. If Luffy had more help than Roger, that means Luffy is destined to be greater than Roger.

Either way, that's PK no matter what. It doesn't matter if Luffy throws himself face first into Magellan's poison. The world is guiding him to his goal.

And we know Roger only had his one ship when he fought against Garp's crew and Shiki's crew. I somehow doubt Roger had many allies if any.

The allies where probably there, but I think Rodger is the same as Luffy in that he doesnt really like mobilising them

We have no reason to believe Roger had allies when he's only ever been shown with his one ship. If he did in fact have allies, that still proves my point.

The Roger/Luffy parallels have been established early on. Ever since Loguetown and possibly Chapter 1 if we assume Oda always meant for the straw hat to belong to Roger. Knowing this:
    1. If Roger had the same amount of help as Luffy, that means Luffy is the next Roger.
    2. If Luffy had more help than Roger, that means Luffy is destined to be greater than Roger.

Either way, that's PK no matter what. It doesn't matter if Luffy throws himself face first into Magellan's poison. The world is guiding him to his goal.

And we know Roger only had his one ship when he fought against Garp's crew and Shiki's crew. I somehow doubt Roger had many allies if any.
    Not it doesn't. Assuming he had less help or more doesn't mean anything. Like I said every D has the potential to become Rpgers successor but Luffy is the one who for now seems the most fitting. Obviously we wouldn't read the story of OP if Luffy wouldn't become PK in the end.

The most help he got anyway was at MF and Impel Down which were way above his limits. He only did it because of Ace, something which Roger probably never had. An older brother figure. If it wasn't for him he never would have went there anyway.

We have no reason to believe Roger had allies when he's only ever been shown with his one ship. If he did in fact have allies, that still proves my point.
    Okay

Not it doesn't. Assuming he had less help or more doesn't mean anything. Like I said every D has the potential to become Rpgers successor but Luffy is the one who for now seems the most fitting. Obviously we wouldn't read the story of OP if Luffy wouldn't become PK in the end.

The most help he got anyway was at MF and Impel Down which were way above his limits. He only did it because of Ace, something which Roger probably never had. An older brother figure. If it wasn't for him he never would have went there anyway.
    If there was no chance of failure, there would be no suspense. Like I said in another thread. I wouldn't be surprised if Nami could dodge Dog Tooth's jelly beans at this point.

-Luffy would have drowned at Arlong Park if it weren't for the townspeople.
    -Dragon saved him from Buggy and Smoker at Loguetown
    -Robin saved him multiple times from Crocodile
    -Galley-La helped with the Ennies Lobby raid
    -Lola helped give Luffy the necessary power to beat Moria
    -Kuma helped him find Hancock who further helped him

There are many instances where Luffy would have died or unable to continue if he relied solely on his own power.

IMO it was impled that Roger became PK because he was a monster, much more domineering than current Luffy as well as his vice captain who was a monster himself. Alomg with his crew that were quite capable and numbered inbthe dozens if Whitebeard is a standard he far stood above anybody in a fight as well was quite scary and smart. Luffy doesnt seem as Amazing but we still have many arcs to go. It seems like he has to get alot stronger as well as recruit stronger crewmates. From what we've seen luffy isnt really comparable to Riger in the least as of yet and simple poweruos don't seem to be bridging the gap. As of post skip he seems like a sort of regular prodigy instead of the monsters Roger and Whitebeard were. If it's just age then I hope we get another timeskip. People talked about Roger as if he was a demon or another such species just walking among humans.

I'm just suggesting that to prevent him from becoming a gary sue that he takes advantage of his accomplishment and increases his actual threat on the battle feild. It seems like at the beggining of One Piece Oda was trying his best to stop luffy from becoming a generic shounen hero. He was just some untalented scared guy who barely made it through he straight up dominated the east blue and paradise too.

wouldnt law be captian? since he would kick luffys ass n all

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Luffy and Law could 2v1 Doffy and Zoro can handle the rest.
    I agree that Luffy and Law should probably beat Doffy in a rematch, but Zoro isn't beating Doffy's entire crew. Anyway, if you were right, that's consistent with what I said, since Luffy+Law+Zoro is like 80+% of the combined power of their crews.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

The reason only Luffy can become PK: Nepotism Required

All the Yonks never had a chance to begin with. Only Mihawk saw the game for how rigged it really was and quit

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    The fuck? That lineup of people would annihilate the Donquixote Pirates. You've got 4 people who can at minimum give Doflamingo high diff individually, 1 pseudo M3 level and 2 Diamante + level fighters. A combination of any 2 M3 level people and another person would be able to comfortably solo the entire crew. Oh, but doflamingo is just a notch below yonkou first mates isn't he?
    LOL
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    LOL
    Well lets evaluate that claim. Luffy has already been written doing this, and from that we can infer that zoro (whos virtually equal to him) would be able to as well. Whether sanji can or not is a bit more speculative, but assuming you think the "M3" still exists, then it follows that he also can. As for Law, he pushed doflamingo to mid diff despite being heavily injured, which we know greatly restricted his ability to use the ope ope, at full power, go figure. (None of this assumes that those 4 are stronger now than they were at the time of the Dressrosa Arc)

But you know what, im not feeling very militant in my views today, so ill grant you that only luffy (despite all the evidence) is the only one who can push doflamingo to high diff. Zoro, Sanji and Law are still many times stronger than everyone else in his crew besides vergo, and we haven't even brought up jinbe, bepo or jean bart yet either, nevermind the mid trio, all who can match anyone besides the seats. Being generous or not, the combined sn crews easily defeat the Donquixote Pirates.

Lets see if your game to back up your belief that Doflamingo is only a notch below yonkou FM
    Last edited by ReXDrake; 04-21-2017 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaang View Post
    Well you have to have baby shit for brains of you couldn't comprehend i meant their potential. Curently nobody has a pk level crew
    Oh for fuck’s sake, why don’t we just have a civil conversation like men who knows what they are talking about…
    Listen up nigga… is being a retard a profession, or are you just talented?! Perhaps your shit-like brain is yet to comprehend that the straw hats have the potential already to become the PK crew in the future? Or what other sense does it make to post a thread talking about PK crew other than the addition to the crew members of the straw hats which would boost their progress drastically? Can you tell me what fucking purpose will Jean bart, Bebo, Sachi and penguin serve for the PK crew in the presence of chopper, Zoro, Nami and Robin? For the PK is this what you came up with? what a huge discovery pal, what a lolly pop?
    you know, scientists are trying to find out how long can the human body survive without a brain, you can go ahead and give them your age…
    plz don't tell me that u didnt expect this much after going ahead and insulting a guy you just met, i eat retards like you on the breakfast...
    1st retard added to the ignore list... congratz
    Last edited by DreX; 04-21-2017 at 11:42 AM.