3 42.86%
  • 4/5

3 42.86%
  • 5/5

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 212 Discussion Thread

Yeah I'm kinda ready to move on to another match

The judges didn't seem to have that much of a reaction to Nene's dish, seemed fairly calm and collected throughout the tasting. Hard to tell if these are just more reserved judges than normal or if Nene's dish just didn't really blow them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I'm kinda ready to move on to another match
    I sorta feel the same way.

I'm also thrown off by just how impressed/tricked some of the top judges in the world are. You'd think they (and at least one of them having encyclopedic knowledge of all gourmet) would not be so taken aback by what they're offered in this match by kids. What could have, maybe even SHOULD have happened, was tension added by the judges critiquing what they were experiencing rather than being absolutely surprised to the point they didn't understand reality. That means that barring space alien cuisine these kids rank beyond world top skill where nothing, even the most prestigious chefs and judges, can compete. Literally when they move on to the next grade nobody will have anything in the entire world to challenge them. Unless, like I sorta joked, space aliens come down and show Earth a form of cuisine they've never experienced before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    The judges didn't seem to have that much of a reaction to Nene's dish, seemed fairly calm and collected throughout the tasting. Hard to tell if these are just more reserved judges than normal or if Nene's dish just didn't really blow them away.
    I got the opposite feeling about the judges. Them not noticing they were eating and actually thinking someone stole their food because how taste overrode their ability to perceive time and space and self control seems to be a big indicator of how they felt about the dish.

一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    I got the opposite feeling about the judges. Them not noticing they were eating and actually thinking someone stole their food because how taste overrode their ability to perceive time and space and self control seems to be a big indicator of how they felt about the dish.
    Oh, yeah I guess that's a good indicator. I felt it kind of just made them look like idiots.

What a boring chapter
    Last edited by ADD; 04-20-2017 at 05:11 PM.

I liked the chapter. It was good to finally see a reference again just like the good ol days.

I don't know how they hire such unprofessional sounding people to judge food

I think I laughed hard at the "Edo Soba family line"

Uuoohh here's Steve mcsteam from the microwaved pizza family line, delivering the traditional heated pizza.

It's just food. I say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post

Steel Bars how do they work????

Thanks to Cake~

well...we know the majority fate of the one who presents their dish first

Well good for Japan, apparently kids there cook at a level that no chef in the world can match.
    World class tasting judges getting shocked like this is just...repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Well good for Japan, apparently kids there cook at a level that no chef in the world can match.
    World class tasting judges getting shocked like this is just...repulsive.
    One of the 2 best families for Traditional Japanese Cuisine and with generations of improving their Soba dishes and added on with Nene's training. And it's repulsive because she is young?

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    One of the 2 best families for Traditional Japanese Cuisine and with generations of improving their Soba dishes and added on with Nene's training. And it's repulsive because she is young?
    Yes? People cook for 50+ years to achieve perfection, we're supposed to believe teenagers can achieve that level?

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Yes? People cook for 50+ years to achieve perfection, we're supposed to believe teenagers can achieve that level?
    >Comparing real life with manga.

People are taking the "young" thing a little too hard. Students attending Totsuki Academy were already at a high level that should be quite obvious. In the Autumn Elections we had world renown people give the top 1st first years almost perfect marks. And now Top Judges in the World are surprised by one of the best Soba Cuisine Chefs in Japan who comes from one of the best families for those sorts of cuisine, you should've expected that. The manga has been pretty consistent in that regard and this is very small thing to complain about.
    Last edited by Albion; 04-21-2017 at 05:51 PM.

I still enjoy this manga, but this one chapter a plate thing is killing it for me. It worked better for me earlier in the series, but now I'm disliking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    I still enjoy this manga, but this one chapter a plate thing is killing it for me. It worked better for me earlier in the series, but now I'm disliking it.
    it was so so... for me from the beginning, nothing changed now. its overrated imo.
    but for passing time not bad, ill put it with dragon ball super for me

How could you guys forget the biggest indicator of the judges true feelings for a dish?

They didn't strip. Not even a little bit. So Nene still has a ways to go before reaching this 'perfection' they keep talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    How could you guys forget the biggest indicator of the judges true feelings for a dish?

They didn't strip. Not even a little bit. So Nene still has a ways to go before reaching this 'perfection' they keep talking about.
    But they don't seem disappointed which means that they've never done that. Throughout their careers as judges, they've never tasted something good enough to have them strip. That's quite...meh.

solid chapter, somehow the entire chapter dedicated to Nene's dish didn't seem that long or dragged on to me

That Rindou/Momo drool panel and the laundry bit
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post

only the fanservice characters do that

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    solid chapter, somehow the entire chapter dedicated to Nene's dish didn't seem that long or dragged on to me

That Rindou/Momo drool panel and the laundry bit
    only the fanservice characters do that
    Potential emotes?