Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalIce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow 1 chapter and people start hating on Big Mom again for no reason
    she's pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    she's pretty boring.
    I don't like her character either. But saying she isn't Yonko lvl or undertaking her for having a shit personality makes no sense to me.

I don't like her character either. But saying she isn't Yonko lvl or undertaking her for having a shit personality makes no sense to me.
    well, can agree on that much

Not understanding what Big Mom did wrong here.

Anyway I liked the chapter. I'm expecting more from Big Mom in the next couple of chapters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    Very likely that he'll fall behind later. But as of now the only thing that might make Jinbei look weaker is the fact the he shared his fight with Sanji. Which IMO shoulden't even matter as they both could have soloed Wadatsumi. Fighting Ace for 5 days on land. Stopping Akainu for a small amount of time. I'd give it to Zoro 5-6/10 and 10 times out of10 and 10/10 against Sanji.
    Jinbei stalemated Ace before he became a commander for Whitebeard. Nothing to suggest that he's gotten any stronger after that. They could solo Wadatsumi but pairing them heavily suggests that they are very close in strength. Even then, Sanji looked more impressive with Hells Memories.

On land, Sanji has the slight advantage with his mobility and ability to create more fire from the atmosphere than Jinbei can with water. But Jinbei is also durable, which is why its a toss up. For story's sake, I'd even give this to Sanji slightly.

Zoro losing to Jinbei at this point doesn't make sense. At the very least, M2 is comfortably ahead of Jinbei while you can make arguments with Sanji and Jinbei.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    Different case. She had ordered Pudding to do it. When she failed she ordered the Priest as a back up. So Katakuri went ahead. When the cake was ruined she was pissed at Luffy and was prepared to fight him as it looked like he was aiming for her. One of the rule seems to be not to butt in on Mama's fights.
    That's still the same thing I said though.

Always doing it better Nikamara's Avatar
    This was a great chapter.
    Personally I hope Jinbe sticks with the crew until the end. That speech was awesome
    Brook continues to be the MVP of this arc.

Katakuri's DF seems lame though .-.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

I like big mom. When a character is shit to the crew thats usually an indication they won't be that legendary. So i'm not sure she will get those beyond epic scene other than them being beat up. Their are some exceptions like Crocodile. I still take her serious though.

One thing that i noticed is that after Luffy beats somebody they ussually change their ways and go back to how they were in their younger days. Big mom has left her island in whi knows how long. After Luffy humiliates her and possibly hurts her i see her going back to the sea. One commander beat by Urouge, another beat by Luffy. Her army almost destroyed, brulee kidnapped, chiffon defected and pudding defeated. Staying at home mad or even going after kamabaka or Zeff seems beneath her. At the very least she can send Katakuri and Smoothie after Luffy. She has one Road poneglphy , has lost vinsmoke i suspect it's time for her to set sail. If you look at whitebeard he floats in the middle of the sea enjoying life. Being holed up on an island is pretty lame. All the other Yonkou are much more casual. Brazen men that pull stunts.

After Luffy defeats Kaidou this is the perfect time for big mom to sail on his islands maybe chase Luffy and get more poneglyphs.

Luffy has to much freedom, if the marines won't send the neccessary navy then Big Mom is the perfect opponent for keeping Luffy on his toes. Lets get an edd style war with Big mom and Luffy.

Kaidou is going down, luffy will only be worried about islands he's been to so shanks Bb and BM will be splitting up Kaidous territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Not understanding what Big Mom did wrong here.

Anyway I liked the chapter. I'm expecting more from Big Mom in the next couple of chapters though.
    Her not accepting Katakuri's help was kind of bad. I know she wants to do things on her own but she could accept the help she gets from her strongest ones but otherwise as long as she bounces back i did not mind her portrayal this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Big Mom is either going to be embarassed into the ground, or the SH Alliance is in for a really, really rude fucking awakening.

I'm praying to the god of your choice its the latter.
    A man can dream.
    But, we all know it's gonna be the former. That's why shounen will never, ever, match up to seinen.

I'm curious though, why do you hate Jinbe even more now? The whole PK underling thing is full of shit, but expected in OP, however, at least he manned up for a change.
    My thanks to Ccrack for editing my set.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mom View Post
    Her not accepting Katakuri's help was kind of bad. I know she wants to do things on her own but she could accept the help she gets from her strongest ones but otherwise as long as she bounces back i did not mind her portrayal this chapter.
    Shouldn't that be expected though.

Having your underling attack your enemy when you are about to fight that enemy is basically saying "I don't think you can handle this by yourself".

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Shouldn't that be expected though.

Having your underling attack your enemy when you are about to fight that enemy is basically saying "I don't think you can handle this by yourself".

"a mere Yonkou" did crack me up a bit
    One Million Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    Four Hundred Thousand Years Ice Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    Seven Hundred Thousand Years Snow Emperor Xuenu
    One Hundred Thousand Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    Three Hundred Thousand Years Polar Ice Bear White
    One Hundred Thousand Years Sea Mermaid Princess Leah
    Seven Hundred Thousand Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post

Don't compare legends to trash please.
    And I mean in the way they act to their people like BM calling her strongest son lowly.

Red Regalia Of Fire Rax, Hero Of Carnage's Avatar
    Jozu's real name is Jaws?

Also Mihawk can't cut diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post

Ki Saru and Mihawk were too dangerous for Whitebeard obviously.

It's interesting to see that Big Daddy had a real family though not related by blood whereas Big Mom has all those children but treats her crew like shit
    That probably means fathers should get custody after a divorce

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, Hero Of Carnage View Post
    Jozu's real name is Jaws?

We don't know that, he didn't cut Mr.1 on his first try, identified him and then one shot him

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, Hero Of Carnage View Post
    Can they be cut by something other than diamonds?
    Other than freezing, blunt attacks should work a whole lot better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    It's interesting to see that Big Daddy had a real family though not related by blood whereas Big Mom has all those children but treats her crew like shit
    That probably means fathers should get custody after a divorce
    Usually we see loving mother figures, here we see a father that truly, honestly, loves his children vs a mother that loves nothing but sweets.

tell me onething that BM did which makes you think that she is worth her title?
    and her power aside, she just lack the dignity of a 'yonko', or am i wrong?

There is no dignity of a Yonko. It doesn't matter. The fact alone that she built up such a force and is recognized as one even by the strongest characters in the verse is enough. She is short tempered and all but that doesn't mean she isnt worthy of the title just because she doesn't treat her underlings like WB or Shanks. Kaido also blasted one of his dudes away just because he was mad. He doesn't even care about his crew or anything as it seems since he wants to start a war with the world and wants to die anyway. Just because she isn't killing Luffy and co on the spot doesn't make her any less.

There is no dignity of a Yonko. It doesn't matter. The fact alone that she built up such a force and is recognized as one even by the strongest characters in the verse is enough. She is short tempered and all but that doesn't mean she isnt worthy of the title just because she doesn't treat her underlings like WB or Shanks. Kaido also blasted one of his dudes away just because he was mad. He doesn't even care about his crew or anything as it seems since he wants to start a war with the world and wants to die anyway. Just because she isn't killing Luffy and co on the spot doesn't make her any less.
    build up? you mean fuck up strong men, to raise a bunch of mutants who call her 'mama'... well, i think they did a pretty good job building up her reputation, and shadowing her baby-like character...
    ... as i said, i cant casually talk about her power, but she must be really powerful, or else, what more is left to possibly keep her face lol?! cant wait for the nxt chapter