Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

One Piece Chapter 863 Spoiler Thread

Ch. 863 Consummate Chivalry

3 and a half ours before invasion, Luffy proposed a plan to capture a bunch of animals from the forest into his appearance and erupt from the cake.

Present time
    The wedding cake collapses due to the bunch of Luffy's erupting from it.
    An enrage Big Mom demands that the cooks bring out a new cake.
    When the cooks refuse asking her not to ask such impossible demands, she releases her powers.
    She chants "Life or Wedding Cake" and takes their lifespan from their bodies.
    Her power "Soul Vocals" is addressed to a person's attachments, and if they show even a little fear of death, then she takes their lifespan.
    Everyone follows Luffy and enters the venue.
    BM yells about which is the real one, and Bege snickers in reply according to the disturbance plan. However, Bege is shocked when the real Luffy simply identifies himself.

Luffy aims for the picture stand, but Katakuri reads the future,extends his leg, and sends Luffy flying with a kick. He is covered by Katakuri's foot and becomes immobilized.
    Katakuri interrogates Luffy to where he heard about the importance of the picture.
    Jinbe rushes in and "Black Tea Current One-armed Shoulder Throw" and soaks Katakuri's feet with tea. Katakuri's feet muddily dissolves and Luffy escapes his grasp.
    According to Jinbe, Katakuri has the Logia "Mochi Mochi no Mi", and it's possible to escape if he becomes wet but it's better not to be careless.

Jinbe protects Bege by stating that he was the one who told Luffy about the picture. Luffy is ecstatic as Jinbe declares to BM that he wants to quit her crew and join the Strawhats.
    BM demands that he take the punishment of leaving, but Jinbe accepts on the terms that she doesn't harm anyone else.

She uses her Soul Vocals and states to Jinbe "Stay or Life", who chooses Life. Normally, she should be able to take his lifespan, but nothing happens because Jinbe doesn't have any fear facing Big Mom.

"Why would a man who will be a crew member of the future Pirate King be afraid of someone like one of the four emperors!!! If you don't take my life, then I'm returning my pledge of loyalty! With that, I quit the Big Mom Pirates! Thank you for your previous assistance!"

An enraged Big Mom orders Zeus and Prometheus on Jinbe, but in the confusion Brook destroys the picture stand.

End.

Katakuri is a rice cake man? Well it goes with his name, and crew theme. But another commander weak to liquid.

Big Mom showing her CoO.

Jinbei

Brook continues to be the MVP.

Next week chapter would be all out war . But there is fucking golden week

I think it's one more chapter before the golden week starts. @Featherine;

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's one more chapter before the golden week starts. @Featherine;
    no this is the last chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by MOMO View Post
    no this is the last chapter.

Damn.

Katakuri is probably a jelly man.

Big Mom got fucking nerfed.Fuck this.

I hope people dont bring the stuff like Big mam power has been nerfed becoz at early arc we were told by Big mam children that if u fear ur soul would get suck

Yeah it was nerfed.It's basically useless now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    Katakuri is probably a jelly man.

Big Mom got fucking nerfed.Fuck this.
    Nah Mochi is that sweet thing made out of some rice or something. It's tasty.

Don't see how she got nerfed.

I'm sure there are more ways BM could take someone's soul.

Her "dolls" for example.

Another food themed DF? One which is logia?

She can still drag their souls out by force, no? Physical force like she did to her son.

Yeah like that green candy guy.

Nah Mochi is that sweet thing made out of some rice or something. It's tasty.

Don't see how she got nerfed.
    It's just a play on words like every devil fruit name.Rice cake is made from starch and you know what Katakuri's name translates to.Starch can be morphed into gel and has a tough time against water.

She got nerfed because her ability was OP and now freaking Jinbe gets past it like nothing.

She can still drag their souls out by force, no? Physical force like she did to her son.

Yeah like that green candy guy.
    Dunno if that was the case with her son, she asked "food or life?" before taking his soul.

That was non-canon df.

This proves that logias aren't only forces of nature, dunno if I like that since Opera probably has cream logia.

Big Mom and Dogtooth got so heavily nerfed

Through dream I travel, at lantern's call

To consume the flames of a kingdom's fall

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Doesn't seem like a nerf to me. Showing even a lick of fear around Big Mom gets your life taken. Not the easiest thing to do. That only makes Jinbei's speech even more impactful cause it wasn't a tough guy act to get around her song. He just genuinely believes hell be the pirate king.

It's just a play on words like every devil fruit name.Rice cake is made from starch and you know what Katakuri's name translates to.Starch can be morphed into gel and has a tough time against water.

She got nerfed because her ability was OP and now freaking Jinbe gets past it like nothing.
    We'll see.

You think she could just drag out anyone's soul by asking them? She can still rip it out. She woulden't be having problems with the giants if she could just ask them dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Doesn't seem like a nerf to me. Showing even a lick of fear around Big Mom gets your life taken. Not the easiest thing to do. That only makes Jinbei's speech even more impactful cause it wasn't a tough guy act to get around her song. He just genuinely believes hell be the pirate king.
    It is a nerf because she can't compete with the other Yonko.How the fuck can she even do anything to Kaido?

It is a nerf because she can't compete with the other Yonko.How the fuck can she even do anything to Kaido?
    She may have other things up her sleeve. We'll have to wait and see. Let's be real anyways, that ability needed some sort of restriction for the things it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mirror View Post
    Dunno if that was the case with her son, she asked "food or life?" before taking his soul.

That was non-canon df.

This proves that logias aren't only forces of nature, dunno if I like that since Opera probably has cream logia.

She did?

Yeah, but the possibility was there since then. I don't think Opera is logia. He seems more like Paramecia.