Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to finally read this. I told myself I was going to read this eventually. I'll give my thoughts every story arc.

http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Arcs

Rainbow Fruit Arc (Chapter 3-7)

Toriko is a badass and pretty fearless. That's going by first impressions already. The gorilla design actually looks menacing but Toriko doesn't seem to care. It was hilarious when he tried to intimidate the gorilla and definitely didn't expect him to smash the wall with a single punch.

Interesting how they go into the technical aspects of capturing beasts. Knocking.

"I only prey on these that I decided to eat, if I don't wanna eat it then I won't kill. And if I killed it, I will eat it." Curious to see if his own rule will bite him in the ass later down the series. He's eventually going to have to kill a beast in order to survive, even if he doesn't want to eat it.

Bruh.. the fruit of rainbow looked epic.

Pretty good arc, short and sweet. Hoping his trials become more difficult because he made it look effortless.
    Oh u have still got a long way to go... tbh the first arcs were the best.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 04-16-2017 at 01:44 AM.

My favorite part of that post is when you spoiled me

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    My favorite part of that post is when you spoiled me
    Oups...

wtf lmao

and just like that one of the biggest events in the story is out there.

amazing

...just a man of little consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Master0fHell View Post
    Oh u have still got a long way to go... tbh the first arcs were the best. It gets shitty towards the end specifically after the death of the mostache old man forgot his name but yeah overall not a bad anime from my opinion overall. Still, I think its over rated
    Obviously you'd find it shit if you watched the anime, the adaptation is trash. The manga is a masterpiece, and I honestly don't know how anyone can find the second part bad.
    Also, dude, the man is writing a reading log and you throw spoilers in?
    The whole point of this thread is the fact that he hasn't read the series yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Obviously you'd find it shit if you watched the anime, the adaptation is trash. The manga is a masterpiece, and I honestly don't know how anyone can find the second part bad.
    The whole point of this thread is the fact that he hasn't read the series yet...
    This is why I like you Zentos

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    This is why I like you Zentos
    Damn right it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    My bad...
    but, the manga is a masterpiece u say? didn't think i would live to see such a fan for Toriko...

Quote Originally Posted by Master0fHell View Post
    My bad...
    but, the manga is a masterpiece u say? didn't think i would live to see such a fan for Toriko...
    This forum has plenty of them. Either way, anything is fine, just don't spoil anything for Loki.

Cant wait to see your entire thoughts on Century Soup.

Man, don't just oops him, you should apologise, reading something for the first time being surprised and getting a legit emotional rollercoaster going through your body is an amazing feeling, you possibly took that away, even if I don't know what you spoiled.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    Man, don't just oops him, you should apologise, reading something for the first time being surprised and getting a legit emotional rollercoaster going through your body is an amazing feeling, you possibly took that away, even if I don't know what you spoiled.
    Oi, you are taking this too far for a small mistake given that i am still new and exploring, i would gladly except if Loki criticized that but everyone else, will you put a sock in it and get over it already?! my reputation par is already bloody red thickheads...
    Last edited by DreX; 04-16-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Can't wait for you to see the arc with Melk It's one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    Oh u have still got a long way to go... tbh the first arcs were the best. It gets shitty towards the end specifically after the death of the mostache old man forgot his name but yeah overall not a bad anime from my opinion overall. Still, I think its over rated

ur pushing this

Century Soup Arc (Chapter 63-100)

Usually I like to pace myself reading longer arcs. This arc is one of the few exceptions. I couldn't stop after I got to the mid-way point. Simply put, this arc was pure enjoyment at its finest. There's a lot of things that happened this arc but I'll highlight the moments that stood out the most to me.

Tommyrod vs. Toriko is one of the best fights I've seen in shonen. Period. It was pure art. Literally. The drawing was extremely detailed and fantastic. The blows felt impactful and the gore was great. The drawing of Tommyrod's facial expression along with Toriko who was ablaze with intensity was hype. In a classic shonen fashion, it was pound for pound but I appreciated the tactical aspect as well when Toriko lured him in close combat. Really makes sense now to avoid the anime because the blood and gore made the entire thing awesome.

Art aside, that fight really showcased Toriko at his absolute limit against one of the top brass. Even after everything, Tommyrod reveals his ultimate trump card. That's when I realized that Toriko was outclassed by him. If it wasn't for Teppei, he would've died already. Just how strong is the gourmet corp?

I felt like this arc showcased power levels for the first time. That sequence of Tommyrod being shook by Teppei, followed by Teppei feeling a sense of danger from Alfaro, followed by Setsuno's epic intimidation. I'm guessing the gourmet's natural treasure are the top dogs of Toriko world.

Match and Takimaru's characterization in this arc was surprisingly amazing. Didn't think he had it in him to flesh them out like that but they were enjoyable in this arc. Despite being a comic relief, Zenou was an enjoyable addition to the arc. He was eventually useful towards the end when he guided them out the cave.

Really happy for Komatsu's character development this arc. Impressive how he managed to create the century soup in only a few months after Setsuno predicted him to finish it in 20 years. Ultimately, he finally did something useful and not just an obstacle for Toriko.

The life island was really cool as well. Very creative usage of the beasts, plants, and fishes for their healing properties. As always, I enjoy the author's knowledge of biology and the human body's function. It's enough to make it believable that Toriko can grow out his limb. Also found out more about Sani's purpose and finding Earth. Turns out they need to grow stronger to survive in the Gourmet World. Really excited for where the story is headed at this point now.

And finally, the anticipation for everyone to taste the century soup was worth the wait, lol.

yeah, this arc is great.

I think tommyrod is one of the best realizations of the manga, as well with this fight being my favorite through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    yeah, this arc is great.

I think tommyrod is one of the best realizations of the manga, as well with this fight being my favorite through and through.
    Liking the second part better is one thing, but claiming this is as good as the fights get?
    Keep going Loki, greatness awaits.