Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Yes, yes, keep going.

It seems like you're really enjoying it, I hope it stays that way until the end. Remember, whenever you feel like something doesn't fit right, just channel your hate on to WSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, yes, keep going.

It seems like you're really enjoying it, I hope it stays that way until the end. Remember, whenever you feel like something doesn't fit right, just channel your hate on to WSJ.
    are you implying gourmet world won't live up to the hype?

It will by a lot.

Through dream I travel, at lantern's call

To consume the flames of a kingdom's fall

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    are you implying gourmet world won't live up to the hype?
    Oh no, by all means, on the contrary. For myself, to be more precise. For a battle junkie like me, it didn't drop by a millimeter. In fact, it became even better.
    So. Much. Better.

I only acknowledge that it would have been even better, had it not been rushed and forever hate WSJ for it.

The timeskip did a lot of rushing near the end. Although I think the timeskip had some of the best chapters in the entire series.

Four Beasts Arc (Chapters 194-209)

This arc was action packed. First and foremost, I have to comment on the four beasts designs. The author did a good job showcasing what a massive threat they were to the world with their enormous size and overall beastly looking appearance. The tension was somewhat lacking since they sort of just appeared, or rather, was summoned and they happened to eat humans.

Things truly picked up though when the four beasts became one. It was a one man wrecking crew. Despite the four heavenly kings easily disposing the separate beasts, the star of the show absolutely clobbered them. If this was animated, it would be absolute shit because the blood and gore really showcases the monsters strength.

The green rain was a nice touch that added some decent tension to the entire moment. It gave them a time limit to beat something that already looks unbeatable and was evolving as the fight went on (capture level was 300 at first then 350 later on). The antidote scene with all the chefs coming together and Komatsu with his insane growth, showcasing his craft by making the antidote in less than 5 minutes, and using the other 5 to make it "tastier". Sound like a broken record but I never really expected Komatsu to grow alongside Toriko when I started reading this but chefs are really key in this manga.

The combined "appetite" attack was lethal. Kind of like King Elizabeth's King punch. It requires charge up time but man, that is one hell of an attack to take down an animal like that. Would've loved to see them try to take it down with their wits and synergy coupled with an all out pumelling to send it flying but I guess this will do. Major props to the pets though. They didn't get fodderized and had promising showings (before getting clobbered). The Dharma horse is extremely freaking massive though. Strange how it didn't fight that time. Apparently it's really strong.

Finally introduced the last national treasure and apparently he has the ability to revive these monsters back to life. Teppei chasing that mysterious man was pretty confusing. The next scene shows him in a hospital bed after dreaming about his head on a platter. Could the hooded man be the last national treasure?

Also, Mansom could've beat that four beast by himself? always knew he was a savage.

On to cooking festival now~
    Last edited by Loki; 05-20-2017 at 05:28 AM.

I was actually quite surprised when they started pulling out all those chefs, Setsuno had like a million, right?

It seems that you take note of capture levels every time, can't wait till you get further into the story.
    The Dharma is used more as a transport, think of it as "rented", so I guess fighting isn't within the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Also, Mansom could've beat that four beast by himself? always knew he was a savage.
    Mansam? Are you sure you haven't gotten him mixed up with someone?
    Although yes, Mansam is quite the beast.
    On to cooking festival now~
    You better not sleep before that's read!

You've pretty much hit the stories peak

Don't open the spoiler Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    You've pretty much hit the stories peak
    Has he? He hasn't made a proper appearance yet.

Don't open the spoiler Loki.

For the overall story he has but there are still some cool moments like that.

Through dream I travel, at lantern's call

To consume the flames of a kingdom's fall

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!