Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21
    receive both, is trying to clarify some things with cyri since it's a bit vague

    will finish tomorrow my time since i want to sleep now

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe I can win with my strat, but it'll be unlikely GL HF
    same


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  3. #23
    @Nordlending; @felixng2015; @Zentos; @Crispinianus; @Great Potato; OP is updated with the strats

    @Cyri; @Void; please check if i'm missing something or not

  4. #24
    hmm, I don't like this, Cyri's strat is too vague and he's bunching all of his dudes together so it's hard to see how each engagement will unfold

    I kinda wasted Raido but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with an attack from over there, red will be a problem with both Rinbukun and Shoumou but they have no brains over there to deal with my Fuuki set up which will be devastating. Biggest problem will be Ryuukoku's big force but that's a rather slim and long ladder () they'll have to cross so they can't do too much damage before I can plug them with the flank.

    @Cyri; are those black lines your army advancement lines or just your scouts?


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  5. #25
    yeah, it's a bit vague, however it's already better than what it was since Cyri didn't even draw the (arrow) lines.

    at the very least, now we can see who goes where lol
    Last edited by gn_x00; 04-06-2017 at 02:32 AM.

  6. #26
    can I expect a corner soon?


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  7. #27
    in 12 hours maybe... at work atm

    oh, i'm not giving promise for the corner. It will depend if i'm too tired or not.


    Although I do think this will be a straightforward match. Void strategist will try to manuver the most plan while the brutes will try to cut off the enemy halfway from the bridge.

    Sadly with how vague Cyri strats, we don't know who will cross first and who will be at the back though...
    I'll take the liberty to say Ryuukoku and Hakurei will be at the back since they're supposed to be the strategist of the group, while Shunmen and Shin will be at the front

    but the other group.... considering the clauses, i'll probably take liberty and say the 3 of them are grouped together at the front?
    Last edited by gn_x00; 04-06-2017 at 02:42 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hmm, I don't like this, Cyri's strat is too vague and he's bunching all of his dudes together so it's hard to see how each engagement will unfold

    I kinda wasted Raido but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with an attack from over there, red will be a problem with both Rinbukun and Shoumou but they have no brains over there to deal with my Fuuki set up which will be devastating. Biggest problem will be Ryuukoku's big force but that's a rather slim and long ladder () they'll have to cross so they can't do too much damage before I can plug them with the flank.

    @Cyri; are those black lines your army advancement lines or just your scouts?
    They follow the black lines roughly and just send scouts everywhere they think they might be needed. I couldn't find a way to beat you having better/more generals so i figured my only chance was to group up move fast and try to take out generals fast with team Bs mobility, but sadly i think they might retreat
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in 12 hours maybe... at work atm

    oh, i'm not giving promise for the corner. It will depend if i'm too tired or not.


    Although I do think this will be a straightforward match. Void strategist will try to manuver the most plan while the brutes will try to cut off the enemy halfway from the bridge.

    Sadly with how vague Cyri strats, we don't know who will cross first and who will be at the back though...
    I'll take the liberty to say Ryuukoku and Hakurei will be at the back since they're supposed to be the strategist of the group, while Shunmen and Shin will be at the front

    but the other group.... considering the clauses, i'll probably take liberty and say the 3 of them are grouped together at the front?
    Team A has Ryuukoku in the way back melee shin and shunmen each protect the left or right side of the army near the frontlines. Vice Haku Rei will try to be slightly behind the melee and positioned in the a equal distance away from both melees. team 2 Vice Rin Bu Kun and Shoumou close to the front and kaine in the back.

    Sorry I didn't explain better with the map. I'm terrible at making them

    This is still my second game i'll try to be more specfic next match though I'm still shitty with making maps.
    Last edited by Cyri; 04-06-2017 at 04:22 AM.

  9. #29
    I figured Ryuukoku and Rin Bu Kun will change there movements alot because of scout information. I didn't mean to be vague and lack information

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I figured Ryuukoku and Rin Bu Kun will change there movements alot because of scout information. I didn't mean to be vague and lack information
    if you're unsure of how you'd want your army to proceed: just draw a line to show where they would primarily go, use a clause like what you did here for scouting so your commanders can change that predetermined path based on info and enemy formations or you can draw dotted lines to show possible contingency paths

    basically, just draw up a solid foundation for your game plan and mod it with contingency clauses or possible paths


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  11. #31
    anyone?


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  12. #32
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,936
    Give me 2 days and I'll get to it. Sorry, I basically don't exist outside of college these days.

  13. #33
    If I'm not mistaken they could still cross the bridge and help A with little losses.(the bastilas are up a cliff right? if not I'll take those out and then send my units)

    - - - Updated - - -

    I feel like team A is in such good posistion if team B and start helping them they can steam roll all of this army with numbers and general fights for team A should always go well since shin won't lose with hak shooting arrows as support

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or team B can wait on the bridge to gain fuukis attention, but not engage and let team A slaughter till fuuki needs to pay attention to them


    These are just idea's I have that my army could do. Also I wanted to point out my teams have no warrior pride and will fight together. Yours have warrior pride and will be surprise shoot by Haku Rei

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I believe 36 ballistas will do little do 80+k calv
    Last edited by Cyri; 04-08-2017 at 12:15 AM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I'm not mistaken they could still cross the bridge and help A with little losses.(the bastilas are up a cliff right? if not I'll take those out and then send my units)
    No, there's no cliff there and you can't cross without being shot by bolts continuously, since I set up a continuous shooting system instead of a one shot each volley. You get out of the killzone and you're greeted with chariots into your flank with Rinko and Kouyoku next.

    you also can't take out the ballistas without heavy losses because even if you manage to rush up all the way to them, I've got loads of archers in siege towers and behind the ballistas shooting at you.


    I feel like team A is in such good posistion if team B and start helping them they can steam roll all of this army with numbers and general fights for team A should always go well since shin won't lose with hak shooting arrows as support
    Team A is actually in the worst position: they have the bigger army crossing a smaller and longer crossing and when Rihaku gives the signal, those that have already crossed will be flanked and their reinforcements plugged at the bridge. You outnumber me on each front but I take measures to isolate and grind down whatever you have crossed on both fronts.


    Or team B can wait on the bridge to gain fuukis attention, but not engage and let team A slaughter till fuuki needs to pay attention to them
    Team A is the one crossing the bridge though?


    These are just idea's I have that my army could do. Also I wanted to point out my teams have no warrior pride and will fight together. Yours have warrior pride and will be surprise shoot by Haku Rei
    Rinko has been known to not honor duels and he has Kouyoku backing him up. Raido is a bandit so no warrior honor there and Ordo hasn't been shown to be a duelist that would honor such things. Plus my prep has my officers watch out for Hakurei.

    Also I believe 36 ballistas will do little do 80+k calv
    that's if I got 36 ballistas only against your 80k+ cav but you don't have them all over the river at once and your flanks will be ground down while you're getting shot upon. Again, even if you make it close to the ballistas, you'll still have to face loads of arrows raining upon you from two siege towers and behind the ballistas.


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  15. #35
    ballistas are something i guess we are simply gonna disagree with. I don't believe you can tell people to use ballistas a new way to pretty much snipe calv trying to dodge(also your archers are aiming at impossibility fast heavey calv and the fastest calv 5k zhao) and even if you have them loading and shooting at the same time, you are shooting 1/2 amount of bolts too. With my spies team A/B will know your posistion and also i mean war chariots are annoying,but it just takes troops to take them down

    I guess the two main things I disagree with is the effectiveness of the killing field and team As posistion. I see shin, Shunmen and hak being very hard to stop with there posistions. I mean blue doesn't do too well so purple helps right? odds are still on my side

    - - - Updated - - -

    No disrespect I think you have a great strat, Just trying to point out some things.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I didn't know you could make heavy infantry with bows that's cool would my chu thing work for them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Generic ballistas go 20 for 1 point for a reason you are saying 2 points worth of something stops 1/3 of the map even when sending 80k calv/ IMO they aren't that strong. shoots coming in over and over again by people not trained in it against a ton of calv i think is a terrible idea. I think it's the outright counter to Generic ballistas and chariots wont change that.

    I mean that's why i specifcally bought more calv because that's the only idea I could help to beat Generic ballistas without using them myself and causing stalemates like wouldve happened here I believe
    Last edited by Cyri; 04-08-2017 at 02:40 AM.

  16. #36
    The best ideas I had for this match were group up and fight together as 2 big groups. I believe in this situation that might work out. Who can take out current shin with a 10 arrow behind him? once the killzone is down and A and B fight together I believe I've won.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And how much do you expect 40ish basilias do against 80k calv. Even with archers I don't see much to be afraid of TBH. If you 1000 bastilas like nord I could understand, but you don't

    - - - Updated - - -

    I mean I really believe the super strong and fast zhao calv would take on your bastilas with Kaine as a sacerfice/maybe probably not and then flank what team A is fighting with 80k non damaged units and the towers will be gone with the other troops so don't act like they are anything. but a few second stall
    Last edited by Cyri; 04-08-2017 at 03:33 AM.

  17. #37
    Sorry I didn't explain what I said last correctly

  18. #38
    Is there anyway to announce a winner? I don't like being 1-0-1 I'd rather have a loss I tried in and I tried here.

    I know this wasn't serious,but it was to me.

    Though I said I'm finewith a loss I'm still willing to argue the ballistas efficiency

    - - - Updated - - -

    Errm sorry for posting here again if I shouldn't have, it just bothered me because I felt I worked hard.. Ugh I feel terrible for making this post LoL.
    Last edited by Cyri; 04-23-2017 at 08:32 PM.

  19. #39
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,936
    I have 4 exams this week.
    I remember liking your tactic when I glanced at it a while ago, but I didn't get to read in depth.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have 4 exams this week.
    I remember liking your tactic when I glanced at it a while ago, but I didn't get to read in depth.
    Ugh I regret making that post. I'm just a little bit drunk and remember staying up 2 days making that strat so it kind annoyed me not even being able to lose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •