Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CyK midtiers: Gn_x00 versus Cyri

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido and Zenou only

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free (Attackers do not have prep unless they bought some and defenders get 3 days instead of 2 for free.), and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears. You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

Map:

Bridged River
    A river cuts the map in two, and it can be crossed with conventional methods in three spots: a crossing up north, a crossing south, and a bridge in the centre. Except small woods, the terrain is mostly clean. The blue faction is closer to the bridge, the red one is closer to the crossings. On the right side of the river, past the northern crossing, there's a forest/cliff combo. (Equal map)

@gn_x00; is red, @Cyri; is blue, @Void; will play my game. Strats are due to me in two days, make sure you don't send the strats to Void Cyri

Victory Condition: As this is an equal map, you need to kill enemy's CIC and Vices or decapitate the enemy's army

Cyri (Chu): 187.5k base army (via Chu Bonus)
    Shin: 29 and his 5k unit
    Ryuukoku: 23
    Hakurei: 21 and his 5k unit
    Kaine: 11
    Rinbukun: 33
    Shunmen: 24
    Shoumou: 29
    40k generic fast cavalry 40
    5k special Zhao cavalry(5 pts)
    5k mountain men(5 pts)
    Southern supremacy- heavy cavalry and heavy infantry move at the same speed as their regular counterparts
    Biggest army in China- starts every battle with 25% more regular troops i.e. elites not counted nor eligible

gn_x00 (Zhao): 150k base troops
    Ordo: 45
    Fuuki: 25
    Rihaku: 25
    Kouyoku: 23 and his 5k unit
    Raido: 24 and his 5k bandit unit
    Kousonryuu 12
    Rinko 35
    Batei: 13
    Ordo's mountain men 10 [10.000]
    Generic ballistas 2 [40]
    Generic chariots 5 [500]
    Siege towers 1 [2]
    Zhao bonus:
    ATV- all cavalry are not hindered by rough terrain (hills, cliffs, forest, etc)
    Prep expert- all prep clauses will have soldiers work at double the pace without added fatigue (like for fortifications, setting traps, training etc.)

Strats

Void
    Deployment:

Raido (red): 5k
    5k mounted bandits with 4 flame bolt ballistas (green)

Fuuki army (yellow): 65k
    Fuuki (CiC)- 45k heavy infantry with bows and 5k cavalry archers
    Kousonryuu (vice)- 10k light cavalry and 5k cavalry archers
    500 chariots (250 on each side)
    2 siege towers
    36 ballistas

Batei (orange): 10k
    7k light cavalry and 3k cavalry archers

Ordo army (purple): 40k
    Ordo- 10k mounted mountain men and 5k light cavalry with 5k cavalry archers
    Rinko- 10k light cavalry and 5k cavalry archers
    Kouyoku- 5k mounted unit

Rihaku army (blue): 50k
    Rihaku (vice)- 25k heavy infantry (with shields and long spears) and 15k armored archers
    7k light cavalry and 3k cavalry archers left side detached unit

Clauses:

Raido:
    -light the forest across the river on fire with his bandits' fire arrows or if enemy reaches there fast enough before him, order the green ballistas to shoot flame bolts to light it on fire instead

Fuuki (CiC):
    -have the siege towers and ballistas advance into the yellow zone and fire in volleys (one group fires, one group loads, and the last group draws the ballista in a cycle to ensure continuous fire ) straight ahead at the river crossing's direction
    -order Batei/Rinko/Kouyoku/chariots on both sides to flank and attack enemies that attempt to flee the ballista murder zone on either side of it
    -protect the ballistas with archer fire from behind and the siege towers' archer/rock attacks if enemies get too close

Kousonryuu (vice):
    -manage close range defense/escape tactics of Fuuki and his army's position so Fuuki can focus on his mid/long range warfare
    -have his forces (can pull free forces to aid him as well, like Ordo's/Raido's) aid in anything that needs defending, like the ballistas/siege towers/their flanks or Rihaku's back
    Batei:
    -after being given the signal by Fuuki, attack enemies that slip past the chariots' run to the river

Ordo:
    -flank enemies at Rihaku's signal, driving into their rear to cut off reinforcements and plugging the river crossing

Rinko:
    -after being given the signal by Fuuki, attack enemies that slip past the chariots' run to the river with Kouyoku

Kouyoku:
    -equip Bakuya so he can aid Rinko in duels and watch his back at all times

Rihaku (vice):
    -move his forces into the blue defensive zone, with heavy infantry in the front and archers to protect them in the back
    -let enemies engage his forces for a bit first and then call in Ordo/Raido/left detachment army to flank their force (unless it's a brute(s) that appears then the signal will be triggered sooner)

Prep:
    -all officers are to practice teamwork/chemistry and focus on not getting sniped
    -siege towers - Remove some walls from the Siege Towers and use it as archers foothold, removed walls will be use to reinforce other areas of the tower
    example

-procure materials to make more ballista bolts and rocks for the top level of the siege tower troops to throw

Cyri
    Map

Deployment and Clauses

Team A/Green
    CiC Ryuukoku(Green oval) 115
    Vice Haku Rei(Green traingle) and 5k unit
    Shin(Green circle) and 5k unit
    Shunmen(Green squar) 5k moutain men
    20k generic fast cavalry
    40k Mounted archers
    35k Heavey Calvery
    30k heavey infantry
    5k spear Infantry
    5k spies

Claus 1 if safely able to try to always have Haku Rei snipe in general fights even for red
    team duels and of coarse the rest have no warrior pride also and want to fight together

Claus 2 Use information from spies that are sent everywhere to try to figure out where the
    best engagements would be and send units where ever believed they will do best.

Claus 3 Try to engage an enemy after first crossing the bridge so red might be able to
    flank

Team B/Red -Vice Rin Bu Kun(Red star) 52 72.5
    Shoumou(Red star with Rin Bu kun)
    Kaine(Red circle)
    5k special Zhao cavalry
    35,5k mounted archers
    20k generic fast cavalry
    30k Heavey Calvery
    7k spies

Claus 1 kaine will allow Rin Bu Kun and/or Shoumou to use 5k special Zhao cavalry tomake quick generalkills if they believe they can survive it or if they believe it's worth it, also they'll use it as quick help where they needs it.

Claus 2 Use information from spies that are sent everywhere to try to figure out where the
    best engagements would be and send units where ever believed they will do best.

Claus 3 No warriors pride and the generals will try to fight together when able

Preparations

give scouts a horn and generals will have one to call for aid for emergencies

CiC Ryuukoku explains to all generals his plans of Team green headed fast to hold the bridge and push into a fight while red heads to the leftpassage as fast as they can to attack another army or to help green/flank who they are attacking. Note if things look too bad retreating to the safest place should be the option

Ryuukoku will try to learn everyones strengths and weaknessess and will best inform Rin Bu Kun how decisive strikes and a strong defense is what is needed in this battle. He will also inform that this may be a long battle to Rin Bu Kun and try to teach him any defensive techniques he might be able to learn/improve like using our heavey calvs extra speed
    Last edited by gn_x00; 04-06-2017 at 01:05 AM.

this map

but I'm red so it's slightly good

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

don't forget it's 237.500 vs 160.000

it's actually 247.5k versus 170k

oh right... forgot the unit commander..

but eh, you finally understand what a bad idea elites are excluded in the basic count right?

no, because it's your points, you decide whether to buy elites with your points or overinvest to get better generals

I personally would've just gotten one strategist, at least 3 martials, and the rest fast generic cavalry

that was boring you know :|

Just found this thread have been dealing with my father. Will try to finish my strat quick.

If I need extra time since I found this match out late please assume this is me asking. Though I think I might not need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I need extra time since I found this match out late please assume this is me asking. Though I think I might not need it.
    This has only been made yesterday btw

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Oh that's a relief. Only checked the website to make sure there were no matches then saw this.

- - - Updated - - -

Last game I had to go offenive,because of bastilas even though I was on defense map side.Wonder how to handle our general difference. You got more generals even if I count Kaine.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I send the strat to whom I'm facing? I don't mind I trust you just seems weird. Also we both get 2 free days prep since neither of us are attackers?

Just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding something

Oh that's a relief. Only checked the website to make sure there were no matches then saw this.

- - - Updated - - -

Last game I had to go offenive,because of bastilas even though I was on defense map side.Wonder how to handle our general difference. You got more generals even if I count Kaine.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I send the strat to whom I'm facing? I don't mind I trust you just seems weird. Also we both get 2 free days prep since neither of us are attackers?

you send your strat to gn but I'm the one playing with gn's team so you're facing me using his team

yes, we both get two free prep days

nah, i got a bit too busy and told Void to let you face Zentos or Felix, but he opt to let you face Void instead with my team lol

despite the title, i'm not the one who's playing, so don't worry

yes, 2 prep days for everyone since this is neutral map

- - - Updated - - -

although if you both opt for defence we'll have a stalemate and maybe we should change the map?
    Last edited by gn_x00; 04-05-2017 at 02:05 AM.

nah, i got a bit too busy and told Void to let you face Zentos or Felix, but he opt to let you face Void instead with my team lol

despite the title, i'm not the one who's playing, so don't worry

yes, 2 prep days for everyone since this is neutral map

- - - Updated - - -

although if you both opt for defence we'll have a stalemate and maybe we should change the map?
    I think we should stick to this map I'll try to prevent a tie, but there is a small chance that could happen.

submitted, I am somewhat confident

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Should be done withen a hour or two. I think I made the deadline or am gonna.

I can make my own map, but I'm not gonna be able to put general faces on it. So I'm gonna just draw shapes and write down who is who. Sorry I don't know how to do better.

I can make my own map, but I'm not gonna be able to put general faces on it. So I'm gonna just draw shapes and write down who is who. Sorry I don't know how to do better.
    No problem

Sent it in. I think I counted everything right and remembered everything.

....................Maybe.
    Last edited by Cyri; 04-05-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I believe I can win with my strat, but it'll be unlikely GL HF