Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
  1. #41
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    because you didn't give them any
    Huh? The Gaku Ka, Gyoku Hou and mountain men are always seen mounted. There's no need to point that out.
    Do you take me for an idiot to send 30k cavalry and then 10k elites unmounted?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but no worries. I don't think it will play that big of a role. Probably.

    @gn_x00;
    Seems to be spot on, the only thing you missed was Kaishibou's waiting place(orange circle). The way you have drawn it, Zenou will know who's waiting, while at the orange circle Kaishibou is hidden. But I'm not sure if that even makes a difference really. Zenou didn't go left into my flank before the mountain pass, so it's not like Kaishibou can ambush his back.
    yeah, looking at it again, I kinda messed up on that one, however i think that's actually go into your favor lol. you can't really go hitting into felix rear since he won't be turning there, and Zenou won't really "can't see" Kaishibou from his position because that's his expected route anyway.

    The way I drawn it, it's actually to your favour because they fight in a small area with ledge to help your army. the small area will help your army which is "smaller" in number. The ledge will help your archers killing the peasants to even out the numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Zentos; who's going down the ladder first, Kyouen or Bajio?
    it's not really a ladder, but i assume they made it enough for both army at the same time since he prepare it for 3 days. so why not lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read the strats again and the corner, gn messed up on Kaishibou's location and I'm not so sure about the speed of Zentos' rushing armies. Like, Bajio making it down the mountain, across the plain, and onto another mountain all without being seen? Not happening in my book. I'll post full thoughts tonight.
    Felix 200k army needs to go through (kind of) small path right after starting area, that's why i'm drawing them a bit slower there.

    and the fact that they are rushing, and only 5k men. Choutou's army is a mixed troops, and like what we have seen in the manga, the cavalry is usually in the back to adjust their speed to the infantry. so even if we counting 5k mountain men as "infantry" with no horses, they should still reach it just fine imo.

    as for Kyouen army, Choutou might seen it, but he had objective to go hit the base flank, and the army isn't really that big compared to Genbou anyway, so he might "pass" it with only sending info about them to Genbou. However such thing is no issue since Kyouen is going back to attack Choutou anyway.

  3. #43
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,738
    @gn_x00;
    Yeah, I agree. Junsou is at the top of the hill scouting, so even if Kaishibou was at the back, he could tell him to move(to where you drew him) when he sees Zenou. Like I said, it doesn't really matter since I won't be having and kind of ambush/surprise factor.

    Yeah, I drew it as a ladder to make it easier to understand(even mentioned that in my clauses).

    That's my reasoning as well. 5k with the clause to rush is gonna move a lot faster than 240k without.

    And I'm gonna agree on the last part as well, Felix has no clause to try and intercept so he'll go for my base, and my red army will instead engage them.

  4. #44
    Well, I delayed this shit long enough

    felix fields two massive armies in the center and left, I wouldn't say I like Genbou's positioning but as long as he's having his men serve as pincushions to protect the poison units, it's fine. He's also planned ahead for attrition warfare at the cost of immediate results but that should benefit him in the long run. Keisha and Kisui stay out of poison gas range but at the cost of good vantage point to oversee and run his own area. Not sure how that will affect his first clause but it shouldn't be very beneficial.

    Zentos' decision to have troops rush down the hill is a mixed one, I personally don't like it because although they have firepower, they lack troops and are countered with felix's own firepower and quantity. I pretty much see Kyouen's army having to pull back and attack Choutou's army or engage with them, since Keisha's position is under huge threat. But a huge mistake is destroying the ladders that allowed them to go down, they either have to stay and fight where with the no duel clause (whereas felix has the team up clause), they'll be eventually wiped out or they retreat to the city and try to hold it against Choutou's huge army. Bajio can do some damage against the Choutou army, but he has too little to do decisive damage and he too will be stranded and wiped out or if he's lucky, retreat with Kyouen's army. I don't see them holding the city with so little men.

    The right army battlefield is the most iffy one: I can see Kaishibou ambushing Zenou and maybe killing him if he's lucky, but the support of Maron and Ryuutou is too good for it to be decisive. Junsou/Heki from above is great suuport for Kaishibou, I see this ending in a stalemate more often than not but leaning towards felix a bit here since he's got numerical superiority and is prepared for day/night warfare.

    I'd say [felix] wins this in 7 days: his left army will eventually get the better of Zentos' right army and siege the mountain from the back while Genbou can demoralize/kill Keisha's men with poison gas and arrows although Genbou will take some good losses. He can afford it though while Keisha can't. Day/night siege on the right will tire out Zentos' men more than it will felix's since he's prepared for it.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  5. #45
    Pretty much agree with that assessment. The idea wasnt bad but Zentos sent too many of his troops and generals outside of his base.

    Bajio will be a hindrance but kyoukai with maybe 5000 troops of reinforcements from choutou will rout him unless he retreats.
    Zentos has better commanders but mine arent too bad either and the numbers disparity is too much here.

    The right is pretty stalematish. Center i have a slight advantage but it will take a while to win so the left battlefield needs to be won to give me a definitive win and i think it can be done.
    Last edited by felixng2015; 03-31-2017 at 10:12 PM.

  6. #46
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But a huge mistake is destroying the ladders that allowed them to go down, they either have to stay and fight where with the no duel clause (whereas felix has the team up clause), they'll be eventually wiped out or they retreat to the city and try to hold it against Choutou's huge army.
    If you want to tell me that Choutou's army would not go up the ladders/slopes if I hadn't destroyed them, just because he has no such clause, this whole forum section is ridiculous. Either that, or the game rules need to be thought through. Because that can not be closer to complete idiocy.
    As for my generals being dumbasses and dieing:
    "2) Keisha is to hold a meeting where they are to create a long range communication system for the whole army and to warn everyone to be wary of the enemy generals, avoid duels if possible and make sure you keep check of your surroundings for assassins."
    Not only that, Ouhon and Mouten are stronger than Felix' generals, as well as receiving arrow support from Kyouen.

    Bajio can do some damage against the Choutou army, but he has too little to do decisive damage and he too will be stranded and wiped out or if he's lucky, retreat with Kyouen's army.
    We've seen even 100man units bringing victories, and you doubt a 5k mountain men ambush led by Bajio will do decisive damage. I can't even give an intelligent answer to that, honestly.

    The right army battlefield is the most iffy one: I can see Kaishibou ambushing Zenou and maybe killing him if he's lucky, but the support of Maron and Ryuutou is too good for it to be decisive. Junsou/Heki from above is great suuport for Kaishibou, I see this ending in a stalemate more often than not but leaning towards felix a bit here since he's got numerical superiority and is prepared for day/night warfare.
    Zenou isn't performing day/night warfare, Genbou and Kaioku are.

  7. #47
    Ryuutou is assigning night and day shifts and zenou is following his orders so he is as well.

  8. #48
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ryuutou is assigning night and day shifts and zenou is following his orders so he is as well.
    Ah, my bad.
    But that's gonna bite you in the ass. You aren't siegeing with your Zenou army, there's absolutely no merit for you in attacking at night. Even Duke Hyou, whose instinct could allow him to command the battlefield at night, didn't wanna do it.
    All that Kaishibou and his army have to do is turtle in and shower you with arrows. You'll bounce off my def. with huge losses.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you want to tell me that Choutou's army would not go up the ladders/slopes if I hadn't destroyed them, just because he has no such clause, this whole forum section is ridiculous. Either that, or the game rules need to be thought through. Because that can not be closer to complete idiocy.
    They won't go up the ladders, felix has a predetermined path for them to follow via the map. They'll take the city or siege it after they chase after your team. Genbou's army on the other hand, could climb if his coverage is there but I digress.

    As for my generals being dumbasses and dieing:
    "2) Keisha is to hold a meeting where they are to create a long range communication system for the whole army and to warn everyone to be wary of the enemy generals, avoid duels if possible and make sure you keep check of your surroundings for assassins."
    Not only that, Ouhon and Mouten are stronger than Felix' generals, as well as receiving arrow support from Kyouen.
    did I say they were dumbasses that rushed into duels? No I didn't, they're up against a 120k+ army, an army that outnumbers them 4 to 1 and has Rokuomi, Kyoukai and Kanou with a team up clause each. Convince me you have three Houkens that can survive such odds and can keep running away from a team of felix's officers and I'll let them live in my analysis.

    We've seen even 100man units bringing victories, and you doubt a 5k mountain men ambush led by Bajio will do decisive damage. I can't even give an intelligent answer to that, honestly.
    don't take things out of context, Shin had Ouki's strategy to specifically take Fuuki's head from the side while Kanou and Heki did their part to distract Fuuki. You're asking 5001 naked men to charge into a 120k+ army with 4 officers and do decisive damage with no definitive goal other than "ambush"? The odds are against you, either Bajio gets wiped out or he's smart and he retreats once realizes the army is too big.


    Zenou isn't performing day/night warfare, Genbou and Kaioku are.
    Zenou Army


    Zenou (Vice):
    1. Follow advice from Maron/Ryuutou to advance and slay enemy officers better, avoid fighting Bajio or multiple enemy commanders without help
    2. Burn the forests if there are enemies in that area, if there are not then try to scale the mountain to the top to burn the top of the hill, peasants and bandits will have torches with fire to hurl if necessary.


    Ryuutou: Decide who is on day or/and night shift, provide support to Zenou if on same shift, can choose to have everyone attack during the day and night on some days.

    Maron: Provide support to Zenou if on same shift, follow the shift he is assigned by Ryuutou.
    nice strawman buddy, them alternate facts

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, my bad.
    But that's gonna bite you in the ass. You aren't siegeing with your Zenou army, there's absolutely no merit for you in attacking at night. Even Duke Hyou, whose instinct could allow him to command the battlefield at night, didn't wanna do it.
    All that Kaishibou and his army have to do is turtle in and shower you with arrows. You'll bounce off my def. with huge losses.
    The point of night assault is largely to wear down your army mentally and physically since you don't know when I will be attacking.
    Neither ryuutou or maron is gonna do an all out attack if the odds are stacked against them though i dont think in this case its that effective since i dont outnumber you that much so you can do night and day defense shifts yourself and get away with it.

  11. #51
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They won't go up the ladders, felix has a predetermined path for them to follow via the map. They'll take the city or siege it after they chase after your team. Genbou's army on the other hand, could climb if his coverage is there but I digress.
    Well, I already gave my opinion on that in the previous post. You can re-read if you're unsure.

    did I say they were dumbasses that rushed into duels? No I didn't, they're up against a 120k+ army, an army that outnumbers them 4 to 1 and has Rokuomi, Kyoukai and Kanou with a team up clause each. Convince me you have three Houkens that can survive such odds and can keep running away from a team of felix's officers and I'll let them live in my analysis.
    You pointed out how Felix has a team-up clause, while my generals have the same thing, worded differently(be careful and don't duel). His numbers advantage still stands, I didn't even mention that.

    don't take things out of context, Shin had Ouki's strategy to specifically take Fuuki's head from the side while Kanou and Heki did their part to distract Fuuki.
    Bajio has a clause to join after the fighting begins, Felix' army won't react until Bajio is already knee deep in his flank.

    You're asking 5001 naked men to charge into a 120k+ army with 4 officers and do decvisive damage with no definitive goal other than "ambush"? The odds are against you, either Bajio gets wiped out or he's smart and he retreats once realizes the army is too big.
    You talk down to Bajio and his mountain men, while the manga constantly has them depicted as massively superior to any soldiers shown thus far. The manga barely started, and we have mountain men stand up after receiving a hail of crossbow bolts. Not to mention Bajio himself, who has recently shown feats that are a step away from challenging the strongest men in china.

    nice strawman buddy, them alternate facts
    Already addressed this in Felix' post, this might even prove advantageous to me.

  12. #52
    central battle field is pretty much not going to do a thing. Genbou is doing an attrition warfare vs Keisha and Kisui who can't help other battle field because they will be busy with Genbou

    Right battle field, pretty much even for me. for me Junsou and Heki will come down to help Kaishibou, more likely than not taking some command off some men from Kaishibou since Kaishibou will concentrate on the vanguard. Despite Kaishibou 55k vs Zenou's 80k army, 30k of them is peasants. Junsou will do a battle of tactic with Ryuutou and/or Maron. Heki is at least good enough to oversee the use the territorial advantage of the ledge to pretty much kill the peasants and help the vanguard clash.

    Zenou vs Kaishibou personal clash will definitely happen despite the clauses because they're the only vanguard general. Duel won't happen, but they will still fight. Heki isn't really that much of a factor in a melee anyway, so it will be 1 vs 1 clash mostly with help from the strategists here and there. Zenou might have a better power to breakthrough, however Kaishibou won't really go down simply. Overall they should be about the same. Day/Night assignment will make Zenou's side at disadvantage because they have less army during day, while Kaishibou will need to assign more men to guard at night. I don't see it being too big of a factor either way. Whoever wins, it will be quite long because of the small area of the battle and it will be heavy loses to the winner because the battle should be about even. Kaishibou should be able to defend for 7 day on this part IMO. because they don't need to really win and just need to stop the enemy with the terrain advantage.

    So, left battle field. Kyouen, Ouhon and Mouten with 40k total troops vs Choutou army (Rokuomi, Choutou, Kanou and Kyoukai) which has 70k soldiers and 40k peasants and 400 chariots.

    Number pretty much favour Choutou army. Quality of officer is a bit hard to say. they should be comparable, pretty even with slight edge to Kyouen. No one in this will try to duel the enemy due to clauses, however Zentos' clause give more emphasis on being wary of enemy general while Felix's is more about hunting the enemy officers.

    Rokuomi won't avoid clash due to their number outnumbering the enemy, while Kanou is tasked to help Rokuomi and Kyoukai is tasked to kill vulnerable enemy commander. Given how Rokuomi managed to stay alive long enough vs Rinbukun + Hakurei arrows, Rokuomi alone should be able to stall Ouhon quite okay despite Kyouen's arrows helping him. Not to mention Kyouen should also concentrating on macro scale and direct the troops clash vs Choutou on the other side instead of focusing on the generals battle/clash in the middle because otherwise they will be surrounded and it will be game over for them.

    Bajio will join in shortly, however i doubt if their "ambush" will have any surprise factor. Unlike if the battle is in the narrow roads in south/east of the mountain, the battle in the north west pretty much has some plain area where the incoming 5k army will be seen after they come out from the mountain. Attacking the flank will still hurt, especially with the the power of the charge with powerful 5k mountain men and Bajio, however Choutou has ton of men to comfortably deal with incoming 5k men. This one is incomparable to Shin vs Fuuki for obvious reasons.

    With Rokuomi, Kyoukai and Kanou working on front vs Mouten and Ouhon, sooner or later they will win and kill them. On a good day for Zentos, Kanou would die in this 3 vs 3 (2+Kyouen) situation, but that's about it. Either they retreat to safety as per clause 2, or they die trying. Even if they managed to retreat, I'm not really sure if the red army will be a factor for the rest of the battle with their worn down small army. Leftover of Choutou army, which at worst would have moderate loses (in exchange of Red heavy loses if they took long time for the decision to retreat), will go hit Keisha's rear and despite the fortification, getting outnumbered from 2 side will be game over.

    [felix] until someone can point out major thing that will be a difference.

    - - - Updated - - -

    didn't plan or realize i type that much.

    Last edited by gn_x00; 04-01-2017 at 02:17 AM.

  13. #53
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,738
    @gn_x00; @Void;
    It seems that everyone here agrees that middle and right will be stalemates and that's honestly it. In the middle I have less men but I'm fortified, on the right I have less men but more soldiers(no peasants) and a slight geographical advantage.

    The place that will decide the whole battle is the left battlefield.
    First I'm gonna talk about Rokuomi vs Ouhon. Ouhon is a very tough opponent because he has incredible strength while going "by the book" with his plethora of techniques. Having to face him is really ungrateful, especially for someone who is weaker than him to begin with. What helped Rokuomi with Hakurei was the fact that he wasn't his first target. Because otherwise, he wouldn't have seen the first arrow and he would be dead.

    Moving on to the left as a battlefield.
    The place where they fight is next to the oasis. It's not really that big either, so I don't see huge clashes happening there, just like on the right. My army also has a clause to decide if they are to commit fully or just guerilla. Seeing how they are outnumbered, I believe they will use the fact that it's not an open field but rather a passage, and just try to stall with small skirmishes. After a few days, when both armies are tired and Felix' army finally starts getting decisive advantage on the left and gets cocky, Bajio could step in and take them with their pants down, dealing a heavy blow. Even Keisha could helps with arrows from the back. I know that he has to defend the base, but he could dedicate a few thousand archers and the ballista for that 1 decisive attack that could bring us the victory. They do have clauses to communicate and cooperate.

    We've seen in the coalition arc that smaller armies(40k Duke vs 120k Keisha) can stall for more than 15 days. I think that my army, which will not commit to any huge clashes, can hold out for a few days until a chance presents itself for Bajio and Keisha to step in.

    @Crispinianus; @Nordlending; @Cyri; @Great Potato;

    Your takes on the matter?
    Last edited by Zentos; 04-01-2017 at 11:29 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First I'm gonna talk about Rokuomi vs Ouhon. Ouhon is a very tough opponent because he has incredible strength while going "by the book" with his plethora of techniques. Having to face him is really ungrateful, especially for someone who is weaker than him to begin with. What helped Rokuomi with Hakurei was the fact that he wasn't his first target. Because otherwise, he wouldn't have seen the first arrow and he would be dead.

    Moving on to the left as a battlefield.
    The place where they fight is next to the oasis. It's not really that big either, so I don't see huge clashes happening there, just like on the right. My army also has a clause to decide if they are to commit fully or just guerilla. Seeing how they are outnumbered, I believe they will use the fact that it's not an open field but rather a passage, and just try to stall with small skirmishes. After a few days, when both armies are tired and Felix' army finally starts getting decisive advantage on the left and gets cocky, Bajio could step in and take them with their pants down, dealing a heavy blow. Even Keisha could helps with arrows from the back. I know that he has to defend the base, but he could dedicate a few thousand archers and the ballista for that 1 decisive attack that could bring us the victory. They do have clauses to communicate and cooperate.
    Kyouen is very aggressive general by nature. I'm not sure that he can actually play without that much casualty. Kyouen's style of commanding is also using arrows to point out his commands over multiple area at the same time. There's no way Rokuomi wouldn't pick up such an obvious skilled archer in the enemy's rank with his style of commanding.

    Rokuomi is in the front line, accompanied closely by Kanou. And there's Kyoukai which is trying to get vulnerable commanders. I don't see any reason Ouhon can kill Rokuomi without being killed by the 3 of them even though he's quite skilled especially if Bajio isn't attacking soon after they clash.

    And they will definitely meet because Rokuomi will try to demolish them and he is also good at leading charge. It's inevitable that Ouhon must stop Rokuomi if they really want to go guerilla warfare and somehow stop the large army.

    if you bring out Keisha helping the battle, what's stopping Genbou which is actually in a much more flexible position to send help to send help and pincering your small army?

    We've seen in the coalition arc that smaller armies(40k Duke vs 120k Keisha) can stall for more than 15 days. I think that my army, which will not commit to any huge clashes, can hold out for a few days until a chance presents itself for Bajio and Keisha to step in.
    are you being serious?

    it's not even comparable since the bigger army puposely do an attrition warfare and doesn't really do much.

  15. #55
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,738
    @gn_x00;
    Kyouen's nature doesn't mean shit, because he has been given his clauses. And they are to not get themselves demolished.
    They didn't notice Hakurei either, that's why Rinbou died to his arrow.

    Neither Kyouen, Ouhon or Mouten will be fighting a 1v3, because they've been given a clause for that as well.

    Keisha isn't dedicating 60k of his men to the attack, I said a few thousand archers. And it's a surprise attack that he's supposed to coordinate with Bajio. He could rain down arrows so that Felix' army have to look at their front and back, which is when Bajio can rush in. Genbou can't possibly tell if he's facing 35k or 30k archers. The surprise attack would happen before Genbou even noticed that there's actually a few thousand archers missing.

    And Duke Hyou as well as the HSU were going ham and as deep as possible without even trying to minimise losses, while my army will play it carefully.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @gn_x00;
    Kyouen's nature doesn't mean shit, because he has been given his clauses. And they are to not get themselves demolished.
    They didn't notice Hakurei either, that's why Rinbou died to his arrow.

    Neither Kyouen, Ouhon or Mouten will be fighting a 1v3, because they've been given a clause for that as well.

    Keisha isn't dedicating 60k of his men to the attack, I said a few thousand archers. And it's a surprise attack that he's supposed to coordinate with Bajio. He could rain down arrows so that Felix' army have to look at their front and back, which is when Bajio can rush in. Genbou can't possibly tell if he's facing 35k or 30k archers. The surprise attack would happen before Genbou even noticed that there's actually a few thousand archers missing.

    And Duke Hyou as well as the HSU were going ham and as deep as possible without even trying to minimise losses, while my army will play it carefully.
    This is a hard one for me I feel like you'd do two good attacks. White Keisha keeps your main base well fortified and your attack groups can regroup and reorganize after doing good damage and retreating if needed. The question for me is can those attacks do enough damage to help fix the numbers gap.

    Now I havn't taken a harder look, but I'm personally leaning towards you

  17. #57
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9,892
    When does the vote close .


    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

  18. #58
    I don't know what's with your mentality of must win when the points that you argue isn't even arguable. Seriously...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @gn_x00;
    Kyouen's nature doesn't mean shit, because he has been given his clauses. And they are to not get themselves demolished.
    So if Shin is given clause "don't go to the field, win with tactic vs Ouhon/Mouten" would he suddenly become a tactical genius and win? Nope. he will die trying.

    Kyouen's effectivity is already questionable when he is forced to abandon his tactical nature of aggressiveness which is what make him actually burnt Qin 6 GG/Renpa in the first place. and he's in number disadvantage.

    They didn't notice Hakurei either, that's why Rinbou died to his arrow.
    Hakurei never used his arrows as a way to covey his command like Kyouen is

    Neither Kyouen, Ouhon or Mouten will be fighting a 1v3, because they've been given a clause for that as well.
    i never bring into argument how they will go 1 vs 3 until you somehow bring Ouhon vs Rokuomi when they clearly won't clash 1 vs 1. That's why you shouldn't argue with non sense arguments. and no, Mouten won't change a damn thing when Kyoukai is there.

    Kyouen will be too busy commanding troops to 100% concentrate on their battle.

    Keisha isn't dedicating 60k of his men to the attack, I said a few thousand archers. And it's a surprise attack that he's supposed to coordinate with Bajio. He could rain down arrows so that Felix' army have to look at their front and back, which is when Bajio can rush in. Genbou can't possibly tell if he's facing 35k or 30k archers. The surprise attack would happen before Genbou even noticed that there's actually a few thousand archers missing.
    This argument is out of topic.

    Choutou is told to maintained a good communication line with Genbou. If Kyouen really proves to be troublesome enough, he'll simply ask Genbou to send some troops over and screw Kyouen with pincer attack.

    Clearly Genbou is in a much more flexible situation than Keisha since he can actually send 60k men and it won't even matters on the siege

  19. #59
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,738
    @gn_x00;
    What?

    Since you want me to be honest, facing 300k with 150k is absolutely impossible and this was my loss before we even began. But since we're playing this tryout mini-game, I can at least try and defend my cause.

    I did everything I could, left some base defense and sent out two(three) decent armies to try and get something from ambushes, because there's no other way to defend against a 300k siege led by genius strategists who also happen to have extremely potent poison.

    I'll only refute that last part about Keisha-Genbou.
    Choutou will not have trouble with Kyouen, why would he? They have a 3:1 advantage. He won't be calling for help, nor will he need it, until Keisha and Bajio do a surprise attack. Can Genbou send help at that point? Of course. But by the time that he can react to it and send some units over, the action will already be over.
    Either Kyouen managed to get something good with the help of the archers and Bajio and retreated, or they all get wiped out.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @gn_x00;
    What?

    Since you want me to be honest, facing 300k with 150k is absolutely impossible and this was my loss before we even began. But since we're playing this tryout mini-game, I can at least try and defend my cause.
    you didn't say anything when Void says if it's okay or not.

    I did everything I could, left some base defense and sent out two(three) decent armies to try and get something from ambushes, because there's no other way to defend against a 300k siege led by genius strategists who also happen to have extremely potent poison.
    well seriously.. had you decide to defend in the left side of the hill instead of sending 45k men on a joke trip, it might actually much more arguable since you only need to defend and unlike Nord, Felix doesn't even have much siege power.

    The right attack with Kaishibou is actually good. But i'm really not sure why you think sending Kyouen, Ouhon, Bajio and Mouten is a good thing instead of staying in the left side of the hills. You can pretty much argue how peasants aren't useful on such siege and will die fast vs archers to cut Felix's numbers to 225k before the battle even begin. The chariots won't even matter either.
    Not to mention you can actually depend Keisha to do something with all resources that he has instead of a one sided defense.

    I don't see anyone in Felix team who is good at capturing mountain either. Rokuomi and Kanou never shows anything other than plain battle so that it's arguable how good their charge will be in such situation.

    Heck. you can even argue how Sai managed to defend with lower odds than this siege if you choose to do so in your strats. Kisui and Rigan troops' morale would be much more better what Sai peasants does.

    I'll only refute that last part about Keisha-Genbou.
    Choutou will not have trouble with Kyouen, why would he? They have a 3:1 advantage. He won't be calling for help, nor will he need it, until Keisha and Bajio do a surprise attack.
    if somehow Kyouen managed to stall him, with 3:1 disadvantage, which i doubt, then why is it not "having trouble"?
    Genbou will surely help since their whole battle plan revolves around attacking Keisha's flank. And they're not having luxuries in time because the time limit is only 7 days

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •