Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Nordlending;
    It's kinda hard going into details as to not reveal anything, but I guess your standpoint is that I have plenty of time, but I might have a shortage of materials?

- - - Updated - - -

From what we've seen in Shin's first war, they had swords, spears and wooden clubs. Not even maces or glaives. I don't wanna be the one to make the call though, since I could be biased.
    Yes.

To felix

Swords in very rare cases. Other than that. Shoddy Spears and Clubs.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

@Nordlending;
    It's kinda hard going into details as to not reveal anything, but I guess your standpoint is that I have plenty of time, but I might have a shortage of materials?

- - - Updated - - -

From what we've seen in Shin's first war, they had swords, spears and wooden clubs. Not even maces or glaives. I don't wanna be the one to make the call though, since I could be biased.
    Dam peasants really do stink

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Dam peasants really do stink
    I don't know, I have a feeling I'm at quite the disadvantage here so I had to improvise.
    They are really unpredictable, we've seen what Moubu could do with them, but than again, we've seen how they ended in up in the Dakai plains. I guess it will depend on what you do with them.

For me they should be able to finish the fortification. However i don't see anyone with fortification expertise like Mougou/Ousen, so just don't hope it will turn as good as theirs.
    Also, the more you give specifics on the fortification, the better it is.... If it's possible to finish it in 3 days anyway

To Felix, you just need to be creative with the peasants instead of treating them like normal soldiers

What about Keisha and Mouten? I mean about the quality of fortification. Mouten was even sent to fix Ten's fort because his skills are excellent.

What about Keisha and Mouten? I mean about the quality of fortification. Mouten was even sent to fix Ten's fort because his skills are excellent.
    They are definitely good but just not on the level of Ousen or even Mougou. I actually wanted Mougou but 35 is too much for him.

Keisha and Mouten hasn't shown feats about fortification imo. I'm not sure if Keisha is around when his "fortification" is burned by Raido and Zenou. and I think he had died when Kisui decided to fortify the hills.
    Mouten is only said to be good at fortification, but we never really see how good it is or how it deal with enemy.

on a side note Kisui isn't really that amazing either at fortifying hills. As long as it's not some stupid generals, I expected the generals to be able to make something to Kisui level since it's kind of "normal" level. However you really shouldn't expect it to be as strong as Ousen or Mougou which have been shown special feats about their fortifications.

The more specific info that you give, the stronger it will be, however if you give too much info, it will be questionable if it can be done or not (check Void's in CYK 4.5 when he's playing JJcb's team as an example)

Finally done hope I finally made a worthwhile strat .

@felixng2015; @Zentos; @gn_x00; @Crispinianus; @Great Potato; @Nordlending; @Cyri; OP is updated with strats

oh man, I really don't wanna do two corners

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    oh man, I really don't wanna do two corners
    i'll do this one, you do Nord vs Cyri thing

although i do need some help on Zentos' red army. since it apparently went down from cliff. Can I neglect physic and assume they do it safely like what Ouki did in Dakan plains? it's covered in prep days
    Last edited by gn_x00; 03-30-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Uhm, I sent a PM to Void that I would decide on the fortifications today since Felix didn't send his strat in when we were discussing the matter. Oh well, what's done is done.
    I didn't expect them to like outdo Ousen or something, but it shouldn't be shit either. Keisha and Kisui did alright, even after Zenou and Raido set them back. Mouten, while feat less, was sent to that position only because of his good fortifications. At the very least, he's alright.

These numbers man.

Well, the first thing I noticed is that Zenou won't be burning any forests in my base since they have been cut down.
    Moving on to the armies:
    1) Zenou is going to the right to try flanking me, but a 60k army is there, waiting for their course of action, depending on what Keisha will communicate to Junsou.

2) In the middle we have 120k assaulting my 60k base. Now this is where it gets tricky. My army can see movements of both Felix' middle armies. Keisha can either
    a) decide for Bajio and the Red army to strike at Genbou's back,
    b) he can hope to hold out in the middle on his own, and send both Bajio and the Red army to strike at Chotou's army from the back.

I guess he'll go for b, because if they go for the middle, my back is wide open.
    Last edited by Zentos; 03-30-2017 at 08:52 AM.

@felixng2015; @Zentos; @Void; @Crispinianus; @Great Potato; @Nordlending; @Cyri;
    Since Void says nothing, i'll take the liberty and do my corner here before he does it

because why not?
    \_(ツ)_/

Deployment

Felix is attacking [Red], Zentos is defending [Blue]. Felix stationed his main army [2/3 of his army] in the left side, while the rest is stationed in the right side.

Zentos use his preparation day phase to build up fortification on his starting point. Long range communication system is made so that the army can communicate with each other better and warn the generals to avoid duels and be wary of assassins.

Zentos also prepare a way to make sure Kyouen and Bajio army can move down the cliff fast when the battle start.

Details:
    Felix
    Genbou Army (114k troops, 1k poison archers, 5k bandit archers, 120k total)
    Genbou: 60k troops
    Kaioku: 10k troops
    Seikai: 19k Shield Infantry + 20k archers + 1k poison archers + 2 poison ballistas
    Kokuou: 5k bandit archers + 5k archers

Choutou Army (67k troops + 40k peasants + 3k HSU + 400 Wei War Chariots, 120.4k total)
    Team 1
    Choutou: 25k troops + 20k peasants + 400 war chariots
    Rokuomi: 20k troops + 10k peasants

Team 2
    Kanou: 20k troops + 10k peasants
    Kyoukai: 2k troops + 3k HSU

Zenou Army (45k troops + 29.6k peasants + 5k berserkers, 79.6k total)
    Zenou: 5k berserkers + 10k peasants
    Ryuutou: 30k troops + 10k peasants
    Maron: 15k troops + 9.6k peasants

Zentos:
    Base army: Keisha[CiC], Kisui+5k Rigan, 60k troops(25k infantry, 35k archers), 20 ballista
    Kyouen army: Kyouen, Ouhon+5k Gyoku Hou, Mouten+5k Gaku Ka, 30k troops(20k cavalry, 10k cavalry archers)
    Bajio army: Bajio[ViC]+5k mountain men
    Kaishibou army: Kaishibou, 55k troops(25k infantry, 10k cavalry, 5k heavy cavalry, 15k archers)
    Kaishibou army detachment: Junsou[ViC], Heki, 5k troops(3k infantry, 2k archers)

Despite how he should be defending, Zentos start the battle by sending some of his men away from the base. Kyouen, Mouten and Ouhon are rushing towards the other side trying to detour and attack the enemy flank. Bajio also rush with his 5.000 mountain men to the mountain across the base. On the other side, Kaishibou army is also moving and taking the right route.

Felix army start moving towards their respective positions. Zenou army trying to attack Zentos' base from right side, Choutou from left side and Genbou is sieging the base from the front. Apparently some day/night shift is made to make sure the attack is continuing even during night

Bajio army which only consist of 5k mountain men managed to climb the mountain without being detected and will be waiting for battle to break out before they start joining the battle as reinforcement.

Genbou reach the front of the base and start attacking the base. Genbou army consist of 120k troops, however with day night shift, not all of them will join the attack. There's also Seikai's poison archers and 2 poison ballistas. Keisha and Kisui side has 60k troops and 20 ballista.

Kyouen almost reach the narrow mountain passage, however Keisha and Kisui notice Choutou army moving towards their left flank. Realizing how bad it will be if Choutou managed to attack their flank when they're busy dealing with Genbou, Keisha decide to send signal to Kyouen so that they intercept them.

Seeing how big the attacking army is, Keisha try to call back Kaishibou army, however they see Zenou right army closing in on the right path, so they are forced to let Kaishibou army deal with the incoming Zenou army. Despite the bigger size of Zenou army, the detechment notice that some of them are peasants army, so Kaishibou didn't retreat and try to intercept the enemy instead

Kyouen army which should have 40k total troops clash with Choutou army which has 70k soldiers and 40k peasants and 400 chariots. Not long after they clash, Bajio and 5k mountain men come down and hit Choutou's army flank. Despite the ambush, Choutou army is still a big army. It will depend more on how the quality of the commander play out in the field.

On the other side, Zenou with 5k of his berserker troops, 45k troops and 30k peasants clash with Kaishibou and 55k of his troops. They clash over small area instead of straight plain and with Kaishibou army having the high ground over the cliff, their 15k archers can rain down arrows which will give Zenou army a hard time despite their overall higher numbers. Kaishibou Detechment will either help Kaishibou or return to the base and help Keisha.

Genbou sieging the base pretty much forced Keisha and Kisui to deal with him instead of trying to help the other front because defending the base is first priority. However the siege won't ended up fast because of the fortification and Genbou is also ready to drag the battle with attrition warfare while waiting for the flank army to circle on Keisha's rear.

The battle pretty much decided on how the left and right army battle ended and how the winner will affect Genbou vs Keisha siege

Uhm, I sent a PM to Void that I would decide on the fortifications today since Felix didn't send his strat in when we were discussing the matter.
    did you? all I remember was that you said you were going to ask in the thread

did you? all I remember was that you said you were going to ask in the thread
    Yeah, but no worries. I don't think it will play that big of a role. Probably.

@gn_x00;
    Seems to be spot on, the only thing you missed was Kaishibou's waiting place(orange circle). The way you have drawn it, Zenou will know who's waiting, while at the orange circle Kaishibou is hidden. But I'm not sure if that even makes a difference really. Zenou didn't go left into my flank before the mountain pass, so it's not like Kaishibou can ambush his back.

@Zentos; who's going down the ladder first, Kyouen or Bajio?

Read the strats again and the corner, gn messed up on Kaishibou's location and I'm not so sure about the speed of Zentos' rushing armies. Like, Bajio making it down the mountain, across the plain, and onto another mountain all without being seen? Not happening in my book. I'll post full thoughts tonight.

I hope my strat works out this time i didnt expect zentos to send so many troops outside his fort

@Void; Why not both?
    Yeah he missed Kaishibou, it might be a bit worse for me(since Kaishibou won't have a surprise factor) but I think it doesn't make much of a difference.
    Felix is moving 240k men over a hill first before reaching the plain. They also don't have a clause to rush, while my men have and they have to cross the same distance over plains. Mountains won't slow mountain men that much, if at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    I hope my strat works out this time i didnt expect zentos to send so many troops outside his fort
    I had to take extreme measures against your numbers. Any kind of sitting duck tactic against twice the enemies, even more so with things like poison, would lead to a quick defeat. I was hoping you would try to flank my right so that Kaishibou destroys you from the back.
    I'm also quite lucky to have given the red army order to listen to Keisha, otherwise I'd be looking at an open back. I think I played my cards good, the rest is up to the readers I guess.

@Void; Why not both?
    Yeah he missed Kaishibou, it might be a bit worse for me(since Kaishibou won't have a surprise factor) but I think it doesn't make much of a difference.
    Felix is moving 240k men over a hill first before reaching the plain. They also don't have a clause to rush, while my men have and they have to cross the same distance over plains. Mountains won't slow mountain men that much, if at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to take extreme measures against your numbers. Any kind of sitting duck tactic against twice the enemies, even more so with things like poison, would lead to a quick defeat. I was hoping you would try to flank my right so that Kaishibou destroys you from the back.
    I'm also quite lucky to have given the red army order to listen to Keisha, otherwise I'd be looking at an open back. I think I played my cards good, the rest is up to the readers I guess.
    but they have no horsies to ride, not to mention Kyouen's army isn't small at all

but they have no horsies to ride, not to mention Kyouen's army isn't small at all
    Why do they not have horses? Also, the army that has to hide is Bajio, he's only 5k.

Why do they not have horses? Also, the army that has to hide is Bajio, he's only 5k.
    because you didn't give them any