Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

CyK: Zentos versus felix

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido and Zenou only

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears (Attackers do not have prep unless they bought some and defenders get 3 days instead of 2 for free.). You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

Map:

felix is red and the attacker/Zentos is blue and the defender

All buildings are to be treated as if they are not on the map, except the city to blue's upper left. The guard towers don't exist but the buildings inside the walls exist (exception is the castle, it doesn't exist so you can't hole up in there). All gates are open and cannot be closed. Attacker red is deployed in two locations: the left side can siege/infiltrate the city to flank there while the right side can navigate through the valleys and gain access to easier climbing ground to blue's mountain top from the back.
    @felixng2015; @Zentos; strats are due in 2 days to me via PM

Also, since felix's peasants were 33% of his base troops and capped at 200k total troops, I used proportions and now it's 75k and capped at 300k Tell me if this is too much.

felix (Qin): 225k base army + 69.6k peasants via Qin bonus
    Kokuou: 13 (+3 back for haggling) and her 5k bandit unit
    Maron: 12 (+2 back for haggling) and his 5k bandit unit
    Kanou 10 (+2)
    Ryuutou 15 (+3)
    Zenou 40 (+8)
    Seikai 31 (+6) and 1k poison archers
    Genbou 30 (+6)
    Kyoukai 40 (+8) and her 3k unit
    Kaioku: 22 (+4)
    Choutou: 22 (+4)
    Rokuomi: 22 (+4)
    5k Zenou berserkers (5 pts)
    400 Wei War Chariots (4 pts)
    2 Poison ballistas (4 pts)

Zentos (Yan): 150k base troops
    Keisha: 52
    Kyouen: 44
    Ouhon: 41 and his 5k unit
    Bajio: 41
    Kisui: 8
    Heki: 6
    Mouten: 12 and his 5k unit
    Kaishibou: 21
    Junsou: 26
    5k Kisui Rigan troops: 2.5 pts
    5k Bajio mountain men: 2.5 pts
    2 siege towers: 1 pt
    20 generic ballistas: 1 pt
    200 generic chariots: 2 pts

strats:

felix:

Deployment

Genbou Army (114k troops, 1k poison archers, 5k bandit archers, 120k total)

Genbou: 60k troops
    Kaioku: 10k troops
    Seikai: 19k Shield Infantry + 20k archers + 1k poison archers + 2 poison ballistas
    Kokuou: 5k bandit archers + 5k archers

Choutou Army (67k troops + 40k peasants + 3k HSU + 400 Wei War Chariots, 120.4k total)

Team 1

Choutou: 25k troops + 20k peasants + 400 war chariots
    Rokuomi: 20k troops + 10k peasants

Team 2

Kanou: 20k troops + 10k peasants
    Kyoukai: 2k troops + 3k HSU

Zenou Army (45k troops + 29.6k peasants + 5k berserkers, 79.6k total)

Zenou: 5k berserkers + 10k peasants
    Ryuutou: 30k troops + 10k peasants
    Maron: 15k troops + 9.6k peasants

Clauses:

Genbou Army

Genbou (CIC):
    1. Harass and siege the enemy with archers.
    2. In charge of morning attacks but may also switch things up and attack in the morning and at night.
    3. Give advice to his subs that they must follow

Kaioku:
    In charge of night attack, will harass the enemy during the night and make lots of loud noises and fire arrows to fool them into thinking lots of enemies are attacking, if Genbou says so he will join in day attack.

Seikai:
    Protect poison archers and poison ballistas and archers with shieldsman and get them into range to strike.

Kokuou:
    Act as archery support and snipe enemy commanders.

Choutou Army

Team 1
    Choutou (Vice):
    1. Keep a lines of communication between teams and serve as the leader who gives orders and advice to both teams, do not engage in duels.
    2. Initially attack together during the night when the enemy's guard is down but then you can alternate between night and day attacks where both teams can attack at once or one during night one during day.

Rokuomi:
    Be Choutou's vanguard and lead charges, avoid fights against strong martial foes unless you have the help of Kyoukai or Kanou or you heavily outnumber them.

Team 2
    Kanou: Work together with Rokuomi or Kyoukai to slay enemy officers.
    Kyoukai: Kill any vulnerable enemy officers, work together with Rokuomi or Kanou if possible.

Zenou Army

Zenou (Vice):
    1. Follow advice from Maron/Ryuutou to advance and slay enemy officers better, avoid fighting Bajio or multiple enemy commanders without help
    2. Burn the forests if there are enemies in that area, if there are not then try to scale the mountain to the top to burn the top of the hill, peasants and bandits will have torches with fire to hurl if necessary.

Ryuutou: Decide who is on day or/and night shift, provide support to Zenou if on same shift, can choose to have everyone attack during the day and night on some days.

Maron: Provide support to Zenou if on same shift, follow the shift he is assigned by Ryuutou.

Zentos:

http://i.imgur.com/FpMB9zk.jpg
    Base army: Keisha[CiC], Kisui+5k Rigan, 60k troops(25k infantry, 35k archers), 20 ballista
    Red army: Kyouen, Ouhon+5k Gyoku Hou, Mouten+5k Gaku Ka, 30k troops(20k cavalry, 10k cavalry archers)
    Blue army: Bajio[ViC]+5k mountain men
    Orange army: Kaishibou, 55k troops(25k infantry, 10k cavalry, 5k heavy cavalry, 15k archers)
    Orange army detachment: Junsou[ViC], Heki, 5k troops(3k infantry, 2k archers)

Base army(Keisha[CiC], Kisui):
    Keisha:
    1) Make sure that the scouting and communication with the other armies are good and use the information you have to command all armies.
    2) Protecting the base is top priority, depending on enemy movements you are allowed to pull back soldiers from other armies to reinforce the base if necessary.
    3) If the base finds itself overrun, Keisha is to take Kisui and as many soldiers with him to regroup with another army in order to try and retake it, while leaving some to stall the enemy and secure their escape.
    Kisui:
    1) Listen to Keisha's orders and make sure he doesn't get assassinated/killed and that you are both outside of ballista range.

Red army(Kyouen, Ouhon, Mouten):
    1) Rush for the passage between the mountains in an attempt to strike at the enemy back where you are to engage the enemy in a full on clash or guerilla warfare as you see fit.
    2) Keep moving all the way around back to our base while maintaining clause 1, but avoid any clashes that are too unfavourable and retreat to safety.
    3) Maintain communication with base(red-blue-base communication line) and listen to Keisha's orders.

Blue army(Bajio[ViC]):
    1) Rush for the mountain where you are to hide and scout for enemy movements and communicate it to the base and red army.
    2) Ambush the enemy army while they are busy fighting someone else, be it in the pass between the mountains(where the red army is moving) or from the back while the enemy is attacking the base, but be careful and retreat if necessary.

Orange army(Junsou[ViC], Kaishibou, Heki):
    Junsou:
    1) Detach from the main army and hide at the spot marked with S to scout for enemy movements and communicate with the base, so that you can command the orange army.
    2) Use the information on the enemies position and numbers to decide if the orange army should strike at their back from the most favourable position or if they should retreat into the base and reinforce it.
    Heki:
    1)Stay with Junsou, follow his orders and make sure he doesn't get assassinated/killed and that you are both outside of ballista range.
    Kaishibou:
    1) Wait at the marked spot and communicate with Junsou at all times to be ready to move the army at a moment's notice and follow his orders.

Overall army prep:
    1) Use the trees(cut them down to prevent burning), earth, siege towers and chariots to make fortifications and traps for the base(like loading the chariots and sending them tumbling down into enemies).
    2) Keisha is to hold a meeting where they are to create a long range communication system for the whole army and to warn everyone to be wary of the enemy generals, avoid duels if possible and make sure you keep check of your surroundings for assassins.
    3) Make a slope down the mountain(drawn as brown ladders for easier understanding) so that the red and blue armies can descend it fast and have the base army destroy it after they do so.
    Last edited by Void; 03-30-2017 at 06:18 AM.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

I will probably need an extension because I'm working on a big project for the next 2 days. Just spent my whole weekend working on it in the faculty buildings. Atleast it's fun.

We'll see if I can manage the day after tomorrow.

so, it's gonna be 300k (with peasant drafts) vs 150k?

I guess i'll need to make sure i'm considering the peasant effectiveness in this one.... (or to be exact, their non effectiveness) or else the match won't be that balanced.
    Hopefully Felix won't be vague this time around since it looks fun to be made into a corner

I dont think peasants are unbalanced remember chu has 25 percent more troops. 2 peasants might be worth one regular soldier in most circumstances though a strong leader can make even peasants effective.

^
    that's why i say I need to make sure to think about their overall "not usefulness" to make sure the match is balanced.

@felixng2015;
    I can finally work on this. I'll have it up soon. Thanks for waiting.

Just noticed that I'm going up against twice my numbers.
    Last edited by Zentos; 03-29-2017 at 01:21 PM.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think peasants are unbalanced remember chu has 25 percent more troops. 2 peasants might be worth one regular soldier in most circumstances though a strong leader can make even peasants effective.
    I wouldn't say 2. Keep in mind that peasants are farmhands given spears. They don't have armour, and they can fulfill no other function other than infantery. 2 peasants might be worth one regular soldiers in the very best of circumstances.

In a group fight they are even worse. No disicplin. No knowledge about warfare. The point of peasant millita isn't to use them as a fighting force, but as distractions, canon fooders. Tools that makes the professional soldiers more useful.
    Last edited by Nordlending; 03-29-2017 at 01:48 PM.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    @felixng2015;
    I can finally work on this. I'll have it up soon. Thanks for waiting.

Just noticed that I'm going up against twice my numbers.
    Tbh i havent started yet. Have been really sick the past few days. I will start tonight after i finish work

Sent the strat to Void for revision.

@Void; @Crispinianus; @felixng2015; @Nordlending; @gn_x00; @Cyri; @Great Potato;

If I wanted to make fortifications at my starting point, how many days do 170k men need to finish it?
    Last edited by Zentos; 03-29-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Depends what you have in mind for fortifications.

Generally, the longer the time spent, the better the defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    Depends what you have in mind for fortifications.

Generally, the longer the time spent, the better the defenses.
    Alright, let me rephrase that. How good of a fortification can I make in 3 days? Will it be only in the front, or the sides, or the whole thing? Barely fortified or really good?
    I believe Keisha fortified the hill vs Kanki in 1 night, no?

Alright, let me rephrase that. How good of a fortification can I make in 3 days? Will it be only in the front, or the sides, or the whole thing? Barely fortified or really good?
    I believe Keisha fortified the hill vs Kanki in 1 night, no?
    He has also less men than 170k, although his fortifications were wooden structures that (smh) got burned to ashes in no time.

You can choose to focus on one side or making an all around fortification. Up to you.

They will be able to finish what you plan.

It depends more on the amount and what material you have at your disposal.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    He has also less men than 170k, although his fortifications were wooden structures that (smh) got burned to ashes in no time.

You can choose to focus on one side or making an all around fortification. Up to you.
    I asked Void and he was unsure if the whole thing can be fortified in 3 days. It's up to the players and the people involved, so I'm asking you guys if it's possible or not.

I asked Void and he was unsure if the whole thing can be fortified in 3 days. It's up to the players and the people involved, so I'm asking you guys if it's possible or not.
    it's possible but don't expect an ousen fort, that's what I'm saying.

Wait... You have keisha, right? You have keisha holding a mountain with 3 days of prep? Ayy lmao that's basically autowin

Yea. 3 days should be plenty.

But, the amount of material isn't enough to give every side a solid defence.

My best guess.

4 Weak sides or 2 good sides or 1 Solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    Yea. 3 days should be plenty.

But, the amount of material isn't enough to give every side a solid defence.
    Isn't there plenty of wood in my base?

Do you guys think peasants should have access to shields?

Wood. Yes. plenty. No.

This is all just my take on things.

Cutting threes and using it is not very cost effective. First its chopping it down, then its forming it into a usefull state. You get more usefull wood if you dismantle a siege engine since the wood is already worked with.

Now, your base is huge, and the threes dosen't cover that much of it. Add inn the fact that constructing anything demands a huge amount of lumber. If you want to construct on all 4 sides you will run out fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Wood. Yes. plenty. No.

This is all just my take on things.

Cutting threes and using it is not very cost effective. First its chopping it down, then its forming it into a usefull state. You get more usefull wood if you dismantle a siege engine since the wood is already worked with.

Now, your base is huge, and the threes dosen't cover that much of it. Add inn the fact that constructing anything demands a huge amount of lumber. If you want to construct on all 4 sides you will run out fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Not by default. They are peasants. I doubt they have shields hanging around in their bedroom.

@Nordlending;
    It's kinda hard going into details as to not reveal anything, but I guess your standpoint is that I have plenty of time, but I might have a shortage of materials?

- - - Updated - - -

From what we've seen in Shin's first war, they had swords, spears and wooden clubs. Not even maces or glaives. I don't wanna be the one to make the call though, since I could be biased.