Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

CyK midtiers: Nord versus Cyri

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido and Zenou only

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears (Attackers do not have prep unless they bought some and defenders get 3 days instead of 2 for free.). You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

Map:

@Nordlending; is red attacking and @Cyri; is blue defending, strats are due to me in two days, make sure to tell me if you need an extension

Nordlending (Wei): 225k base troops
    Mangoku: 23
    Kyuugen: 15
    Mougou: 35
    Ranbihaku: 45
    Chousou: 13
    20 Wei Ballistas free
    2 GHM siege towers free respectively
    1k Wei chariots free
    5 000 Zombie Troops : 5
    2 000 Wei Chariots : 20
    20 Siege towers : 10
    5 prep days : 4
    1 000 Wei Ballistas : 50

Cyri (Chu): 187.5k base troops
    Shin: 29 and his 5k unit
    Ryuukoku: 23
    Hakurei: 21 and his 5k unit
    Kaine: 11
    Rinbukun: 33
    Shunmen: 24
    Shoumou: 29
    40k generic fast cavalry 40
    5k special Zhao cavalry(5 pts)
    5k mountain men(5 pts)
    Southern supremacy- heavy cavalry and heavy infantry move at the same speed as their regular counterparts
    Biggest army in China- starts every battle with 25% more regular troops i.e. elites not counted nor eligible

Strats:

Cyri

map:
    http://i.imgur.com/4Nx3skD.jpg

team middle mountain/black. 87.5k
    commander in chief Ryuu Koku
    Kaine
    Rinbukun
    5k special Zhao cavalry
    20k generic fast cavalry
    35 thousand Archers
    20k heavey infantry
    7.5k scouts

Clause 1 - Always keep close attention to where enemy troops and do what ryuu koku believes is right
    Clause 2 - If given a good chance use the 20k generic fast calv to take out the Ballistas or if needed be a distraction so the 5k Special zhao Calv can speed in and sneak attack and if it works use them against him
    clause 3 - All of team A has no warriors pride and will try to team up on general fights

Team green 77.5k
    Vice Hakurei and his 5k unit
    Shou Mou
    20k mounted archers
    50k Heavey calv
    2.5k scouts

Claus 1 - Lie and wait on the top of the mountain hill and try to sneak attack approaching armies or people to conquar the orange hill and they will support others armies fighting
    Claus 2 - Always keep close attention to where enemy troops are by sending scouts into the woods
    Claus 3 - All of team B has no warriors pride and Hakurei will snipe any general fighting or seen no matter what

Team red 82.5k
    Vice Shin
    Shunmen
    5k HSU
    5k mountain men
    50 thousand heavey infantry
    20 Generic fast cavarly
    2.5k spies

claus 1) Only do battles you believe you can survive, because if they can't retreat to someplace safe
    claus 2)Send spies into the forest and base the teams movements on there information
    claus 3) No warrior pride and will try to fight with each other

Prep (3 days)
    - they will try to foritify the two mountains they are on and also make it hard to see the top
    - They will also make it so the orange hill is super easy to access by trying to make easy paths from the north south east and west

Nord

http://i.imgur.com/OzfNRlP.gif

Distrubiton

Blue Army (55 K)
    Mangoku
    40 K Cavarly -> [35k cavalry]
    10 k Cavalry Archers
    20 K Heavy Cavaly.
    5 k Zombies

Yellow Army (95 K )
    Mougou
    Kyuugen
    20 Siege Towers
    2 Ghm Siege Towers
    800 Wei Ballista
    50 K Infantery ->[45k infantry]
    10 K heavy infantery.
    30 K Archers
    10 K Cavalery.

Brown Army (65 K )
    Chousou
    Ranbihaku
    40 K Cavalery
    10 k Infantery
    10 k Archers
    3 K Wei Chariots.
    220 Wei Ballista

Black army (10k)
    10 K scouts

Clausus

Mougou Commander in Chief – Yellow

• Hunker down with shields until the ballista’s has destroyed the enemy fortification and starts sending in the siege towers.
    • Enact phase two after taking Brown hill and Center mountain.
    • Create fake rumours about hunting down enemy soldiers that escaped from the center mountain (so that the enemie might catch it)

Mangoku Vice - Blue

• Cut of enemy reinforcement (both ways) with surprise attacks if possible.
    • Attack Centre Mountain if its needed.

Chousou Vice – Brow

• Send help to Yellow army if they need more men to take the enemy base.
    • Locate himself as far away from enemies as he can during the attacks.

Ranbihaku – Brown

• Go General Hunting.

Kyuugen - Yellow

• Disguise 10 K men as surviving stragglers in the clothes of the dead enemy soldiers and send them into the enemy forest base where they will open a path.

Prep (1 day):

• Give every scout a horn and eduacate them and the generals in how to send signals when they located the enemies position.
    • Give all Ballista arrows a rope to use for climing as shown during the Coaliton War.
    • Mougou tell the generals that phase 1 is taking Center Mounain and brown hill, and phase two is taking the final mounain, and removing remaining enemies.

Last edited by Void; 03-30-2017 at 01:39 AM.
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    @Cyri;

Before we start we have to do something about my Wei Ballistas. I like them, but they are to unbalanced in the sense that no one knows how good or bad they are. I figured that converting 70 % of them into normal elites would make the game more readable, and less confusing for everyone involved.

It would be unfair if I just asked Void about it since you are my opponent. Leaving the last word to you would be the fairest. You get to decide how many Ballistas that can be converted (or if any at all)

(Min 0 %, max 80 %)

What do you think

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

I avoided voting on the matches, because there is a chance people would think I'm trying to fight a certain team. You came up with a nice strat Nord. Though with how I underestimate Ballistas I honestly thought I could just through 40k calv at them and win easy lol.

Right, so what do you decide.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, so what do you decide.
    I'm sorry I missed the question. I think the thing I'd like to do would be to remove the bonuses either way. Now if that is not a possibility(sad about picking chu if you can't tell). Yes I believe the changing it to elites is fairest.

This kinda feels like a experiment this whole each picking a state thing which is awesome BTW. I just dont think It's nearly refined to called it fair or at least that is how I feel so far

Shit I forgot you spent points on it so ya elites

Chu seems to have strong bonuses tbh.

I would like a 2 day extention please. If not i can just zerg weirdly and hope for a win. Dad is in rehab family freaking out and I'm depressed as hell. Found him with a bottle sleeping on a bench in death cold weather yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Chu seems to have strong bonuses tbh.
    I havn't played before so I don't know how great it is. I just don't feel like I know how to utilize it correctly, but I picked it and i want you to stick to bastillas

- - - Updated - - -

Ment to send that message to nord the second one

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    I would like a 2 day extention please. If not i can just zerg weirdly and hope for a win. Dad is in rehab family freaking out and I'm depressed as hell. Found him with a bottle sleeping on a bench in death cold weather yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

I havn't played before so I don't know how great it is. I just don't feel like I know how to utilize it correctly, but I picked it and i want you to stick to bastillas
    Its the first time we even incorporated bonuses its a new idea.

And of course this isn't exactly that important. Sorry to hear about that, that sounds awful .

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Its the first time we even incorporated bonuses its a new idea.

And of course this isn't exactly that important. Sorry to hear about that, that sounds awful .
    Thanks, I didn't mean to complain about Chu bonus I just missunderstood how to worked when first trying to learn and thought it was much better.

Chu is actually the easiest to use with great effect tbh...
    It's pretty much ensure you'll outnumber the enemy

Ugh this was not the map I was hoping for at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I don't want you to think I'm being cocky saying you should keep the bas. You picked them so I think you should have them. Though I'm totally up for you to use elites instead if you wanted

I have mo problem keeping them, and I am fine with the extension.

On a completely unrelated note. @Void; how effective would ballista's be if I wanted to level down the forest.

I choose attack.

Since it's a wild forest, and not a plantation, the tree are probably too random to hit more than one with a single bolt. In that case, 1000 trees per round. But how will you move them? Can't run over logs.

You probably can actually cut them down fast, however it will block the road more likely than not

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    I have mo problem keeping them, and I am fine with the extension.

On a completely unrelated note. @Void; how effective would ballista's be if I wanted to level down the forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    however it will block the road more likely than not
    this

it'd actually be a boon if you were on defense, since you can easily create barricades that way but I don't see a bolt leveling more than 5 trees in a single shot because trees are much sturdier and bigger than humans obviously and the bolt would lose momentum fast

- - - Updated - - -

OP is updated
    All Hail Aldo Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    this

it'd actually be a boon if you were on defense
    Well.... Who Would think it's a good idea to stack attacker's more troops AND Chu's bonus troops anyway?
    It's pretty much suicide

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    this

it'd actually be a boon if you were on defense
    Well.... Who Would think it's a good idea to stack attacker's more troops AND Chu's bonus troops anyway?
    It's pretty much suicide

I like the bonuses. Liked it more when everyone had different start bonuses. Some changes is probably needed, but the Wei Decide attack or Defend is pretty good.

This map is a bit easier than the last one since my attack force have very few option to decide from, and with my troop competition I only have one viable way of attacking.

So be ready Cyri. You are going to have a hard time depending on how you decide to face me.
    Last edited by Nordlending; 03-26-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    It's pretty much suicide

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty much suicide
    more target practice of course
    All Hail Aldo Jones

you know what? we really need to recheck the balance of 50% more troops for the attackers.

Nord vs Zentos map clearly isn't giving defender as much advantage compared to the attacker. Not sure about this map since for some reason the forest area is only covering half of the map?

I mean.... this is supposed to be Kokuyou?
    Last edited by gn_x00; 03-27-2017 at 12:24 AM.