5 38.46%
  • 9/10

4 30.77%
  • 10/10

3 23.08%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    obviously army commander doesn't mean unit commander, so they're closer to generals (keep in mind people like Domon and Eibi are generals, they could be the same tier in rank more or less)

I don't see how they're 5k commanders just cuz of the men they have behind them, are you going to accept they're 1k commanders if the pixels counted behind them added to 1k men each?
    "officers"

I simply think this manga, that drops generals left and right, wouldn't have been shy to call those two generals if only they were generals. Not to mention Shin's first general head being a guy with barely something attached to a name makes no sense from a narrative point of view as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    "officers"

I simply think this manga, that drops generals left and right, wouldn't have been shy to call those two generals if only they were generals. Not to mention Shin's first general head being a guy with barely something attached to a name makes no sense from a narrative point of view as well.
    generals are also officers you know

right back at you, we get xk unit commanders' rank dropped when they get oneshotted but why would Hara not drop their rank here?

oh please Crispy, you just want Fuuki to get more sunlight

since it's kinda obvious that Ousen isn't running away, it seems the tunnel theory is right

FUCK I WAS RIGHT TWICE

HARA IS A FUCKING HACK

CALLING IT AGAIN, RETSUBI CAN WEAPONIZE FLOOD USING TUNNELS BENEATH THE CITY BECAUSE ALL THE HOUSES ARE ELEVATED. AND JIN WILL BE PAIRED UP WITH TEN SO KYOUKAIFAGS STOP COMPLAINING=NO HAREM END

HAREM IS FUCKING COMMON DURING THEIR TIME HARA WHY DO YOU LIKE TO SHIT YOURSELF LIKE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Great chapter though, I like that the lower officers are given some time in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    AND JIN WILL BE PAIRED UP WITH TEN SO KYOUKAIFAGS STOP COMPLAINING=NO HAREM END

Jin x Ten??

I agree that seems Jin will die, but I hope isn't the case, because this would mean that Tan, an awful character and stupid person that adds nothing to the story would be main archer, this would be terrible, and more in HSU, a unit which we already have a lot of stupid guys.
    I think the best would be what makenzye said, the younger dies when he is trying to fight.
    Last edited by Ares; 03-20-2017 at 11:39 AM.

it's kinda obvious that 1 of the 2 brother will die. but well... Hara might make them both live for a change since that trope had been overused already.

anyway, I really dislike both brother, so i'm not really sure if i really want them to both live or both die.
    Big brother is badass in term of archery and character is quite nice. but design wise it's just a copy of Ten which is a massive minus.
    however Tan surviving is also not that good. while it's annoying to see his character atm, his fear is actually quite normal, but design wise he's also no good.

Hara really need some better design so that we actually care if both of them live or dies

I like these interactions within unit.
    It humanises them and makes it easy for us to give a damn about them. When they put it that way Shin's resume is really quite impressive all things considered.
    But on the flip side I really want to know what Ousen is doing.
    Suspense is killing me here.

Neither brother is dying. HSU plot armor has been invincible since Bayou and I don't expect that to start changing now.
    Last edited by Tenma; 03-20-2017 at 01:15 PM.

well.. to be fair they kinda need them new recruits' performance to cover for Shin so that they can justify Shin's promotion as a general.

Shin is simply not quite there yet on his own unlike Ouhon (and Mouten to a lesser extent).

Hey guys m new here but have been following this forum for quite a while and got to enjoy the theories and takes of fellow manga readers which was great and found myself wanting to join in and hope I won't be a nuisance by doing so...as for the chapter I guess Ousen is pretty much doing what he usually does but on different scale since this time he is the Supreme Commander of a 200000 Qin troops which includes 2 GG commanders and also promising young generation of Qin which makes wonder if that is good or bad but I guess the next few chapters will reveal the answer to that and it was good to see some of the new recruits feeling themselves for killing five man apiece and I also hope Hara does not kill Jin for Tan's growth.
    @gn_x00 I would like to pose a question at you for your comment "Shin is simply not quite there yet on his own unlike Ouhon (and Mouten to a lesser extent)" in regards to being promoted to General, do you realise that a commander growth is attributed to his army/unit and the same could be said about the growth of their army/unit attributed to its commander to some extent so Ouhon and Mouten getting to the level they are on their own is impossible since they are military commanders unless you are talking about their strategical acuity which more or less can be attributed to some external parties since they had teachers and mentors and also I personally think its wrong to weigh a military commander's worth while not taking into consideration the men under his/her service. And you can't seriously tell me that Shin is worse than all those low tier Generals in Qin service take for example Bajin. (Hope this is not offensive in any way)

@adage;

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post

Jin x Ten??
    Yeah Hara's doing that thing where he forces a couple because he's partnering off the "loser", pairing the spares

It's the shit I hate in Twin Star Exorcists, Zettai Karen Children, etc. If you watch romance anime by the bulk you'll know. It's shit writing, I'd rather she get turned down first than making conclusions.

It's bad taste to me especially when Shin's time period is when harems were popular if you could support them, even more justification for Ten not to move to another guy.

But it doesn't matter in any way it's a battle manga

She had one conversation with the guy, it's a bit premature to start calling them lovers and go off on a tangent about how Hara is a hack who ruined the manga.

I'm just being half serious, I won't be dropping Kingdom because of it.
    I just dislike the practice of pairing the spares.
    And Ten didn't need to hold hands with him to assure him everything's gonna be fine, but Hara made them do it.
    It's written in stone. Btw I think Tan will die (the younger bro).

- - - Updated - - -

Either that or he returns to the mountains.

Ousen gonna solve this weak trap RBK set up.

Also can't see Jin x Ten happening lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    @gn_x00 I would like to pose a question at you for your comment "Shin is simply not quite there yet on his own unlike Ouhon (and Mouten to a lesser extent)" in regards to being promoted to General, do you realise that a commander growth is attributed to his army/unit and the same could be said about the growth of their army/unit attributed to its commander to some extent so Ouhon and Mouten getting to the level they are on their own is impossible since they are military commanders unless you are talking about their strategical acuity which more or less can be attributed to some external parties since they had teachers and mentors and also I personally think its wrong to weigh a military commander's worth while not taking into consideration the men under his/her service. And you can't seriously tell me that Shin is worse than all those low tier Generals in Qin service take for example Bajin. (Hope this is not offensive in any way)
    firstly welcome to the forum. hopefully i enjoy your stay here

2nd.. if possible use paragraph to make it easier to read since wall of texts is quite hard to see

anyway on response to that, HSU, Gyoku Hou and Gaku ka is a rare case where they are indeed a unit. As we seen in Dakan Plains, other commanders (Heki, Baku Koshin, etc) are using some random people that has only recently drafted to war instead of their own units. the dividing is just a matter of luck for them instead of carrying 1k or more of their own units of all time.

Now... as we see in after Sanyou battles, Shin (and HSU) is actually quite useless without Kyoukai and Ten who think their strategy as a 1k man unit. IMO, this is very bad for a general. if you really need to pick 1 general/unit commander and put it to control whatever random unit for you, of course i wouldn't pick Shin since even random 1k man commander can actually defeat him very badly at that time. And so far we really hasn't see any other development from Shin on that aspect since Ten just take that job from him all the time.
    of course generals have their elites/inner circle who is helping them, but we really haven't see any general/unit commander who can't really do basic tactic on their own like Shin's

But that was a couple of years ago and recently we just saw Shin drive off a huge force on his own without Ten and Kyoukai just before the Ai arc and even then he made it into the city on his own.

And it was not that surprising since he doesn't have any formal training on strategy and tactics so him failing to utilize a 1000 man unit on his first try was to be expected.

About those commanders you mentioned leading random units I would have to disagree with you to to some extent since the only random soldiers in their units were the infantry while their calvary was made up of their own men and even then they only sent the infantry as their vangaurds and did nothing to assist them in battle for a while.
    Last edited by adage; 03-21-2017 at 07:33 AM.

People are too hard on Shin anyway.
    Gaimou is considered a GG but he is nothing but a brute. Dude was hopeless without his strategist. Moubu for all his charisma basically just a unstoppable train who pulverizes his opponent to submission without any kind of plan most of the times.
    And list goes on.
    Shin is ok as instinct type. He isn't as much of idiot he once was. Atleast not in battlefield. Once he becomes sufficiently strong nothing really stops him from being better version of Moubu(with some of Duke Hyou).
    He commands loyalty of his soldiers and he can take head of enemy General in duel. Really that is all it takes to be a General. Rest is just bonus and fluff .

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I'm just being half serious, I won't be dropping Kingdom because of it.
    I just dislike the practice of pairing the spares.
    And Ten didn't need to hold hands with him to assure him everything's gonna be fine, but Hara made them do it.
    It's written in stone. Btw I think Tan will die (the younger bro).

- - - Updated - - -

Either that or he returns to the mountains.
    holding the hand was the right thing to do, and a very Ten thing to do

they're not lovers

shut up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amol View Post
    People are too hard on Shin anyway.
    Gaimou is considered a GG but he is nothing but a brute. Dude was hopeless without his strategist. Moubu for all his charisma basically just a unstoppable train who pulverizes his opponent to submission without any kind of plan most of the times.
    And list goes on.
    Shin is ok as instinct type. He isn't as much of idiot he once was. Atleast not in battlefield. Once he becomes sufficiently strong nothing really stops him from being better version of Moubu(with some of Duke Hyou).
    He commands loyalty of his soldiers and he can take head of enemy General in duel. Really that is all it takes to be a General. Rest is just bonus and fluff .
    very much true. I never understood why people expect from Shin to become something he isn't and won't be. The path for him is pretty clear already and I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. As long as Ten stays with him, the Shin Army is going to have everything covered and instinct will just add a spark of madness that'll make the army superior to an eventual Mouten or Ouhon army, as plot commands.