Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So Gekishin was actually a bigshot.

Rereading the coalition war arc to find out how to beat Zentos to a pulp.

Gekishin's name keep appearing all over the place.

Remember my last Nuzlocke. Well, I lost the cartridge somewhere and that one won't be finished. Lucky for You I will start a new one soon.

Coming to the entertainment section soon.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Have you been living under a rock? I thought gekishin got overexposed here in tmf.

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so it's not just me who reread things to get inspiration on how to win with my underpowered team
    Gekishin's name keep appearing all over the place.
    yeah, Geikshin is a bigshot. despite the stats, he's actually one of the strategist with feat of reading a strategy completely at astounding feats. Arguably Riboku only wins because lolHouken

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    so it's not just me who reread things to get inspiration on how to win with my underpowered team

yeah, Geikshin is a bigshot. despite the stats, he's actually one of the strategist with feat of reading a strategy completely at astounding feats. Arguably Riboku only wins because lolHouken
    @Crispinianus; see I'm not the only one saying it

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    @Crispinianus; see I'm not the only one saying it
    most people will say that you know.

It's not like Riboku posts some army to ambush Gekishin there. More like some random bushin suddenly decide to show up

It's not like Riboku posts some army to ambush Gekishin there. More like some random bushin suddenly decide to show up
    Most but not the mod. I don't know if you ever came across old discussions about Gekishin, but some people have a hard time accepting that Gekishin caught Riboku with his pants down

Gekishin is underrated as hell which is why i stopped trying to use him

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    That so?

he has plenty of exposure but gets shafted because in Reebok we trust
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Gekishin is underrated as hell which is why i stopped trying to use him
    analyzation =/= competency to act on it and succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    he has plenty of exposure but gets shafted because in Reebok we trustanalyzation =/= competency to act on it and succeed
    If he wasn't competent he wouldn't be an extremely famous general who lived this long. Not to mention his feats are pretty good.

He was unfortunately up against a stacked enemy with one year of prep. Any other general would have gotten owned too stacked against such odds.

If he wasn't competent he wouldn't be an extremely famous general who lived this long. Not to mention his feats are pretty good.

He was unfortunately up against a stacked enemy with one year of prep. Any other general would have gotten owned too stacked against such odds.
    I'm talking about in CyK

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I'm talking about in CyK
    Even if you utilize him well it doesn't help that people think he isn't worth his salt as a general.

Even if you utilize him well it doesn't help that people think he isn't worth his salt as a general.
    no muscle to compete with the Moubus and not enough intellect to compete with the Reeboks

maybe I should build the most unusable team

Eh... Gekishin is a quality and often underrated General, but I don't think the dialogue means that much coming from Ordo. The dude is from Yan so it's natural that he would be name dropping and singling out one of their top guys to make his point. It's similar to GHM acknowledging Kanki as the man who killed Hakukisai, when it's doubtful anybody outside of Wei even knows who trash Hakukisai even is.

It would serve as better hype if an unrelated party like GHM or SSK chose to comment on Gekishin's legendary status alongside Ouki.

New managed to stop your Ouki last game though iirc

Arguably Riboku only wins because lolHouken
    VERY arguably.

- - - Updated - - -

He lures him in a spot and he has a totally NON-random bushin slaughter him.

I'll never understand the hidden principle for which, if a strategist has a wincon card, he can't use it, and he has to find an harder and more intricate way to get the same outcome spending more in men lives and time. Cuz this is what a lot of posters seem to think.

You sure do see this is ridiculous, yeah?

the other guy who called him legendary along side Ouki was the King of Qi

Remember my last Nuzlocke. Well, I lost the cartridge somewhere and that one won't be finished. Lucky for You I will start a new one soon.

Coming to the entertainment section soon.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Ordo said it but the others agreed on his description of Riboku's plan to form the Coalition. Ouki was used to have his name echo through the lands and Gekishin secured his reputation enough for him to be in a position to call on all the other states. He was chosen by Riboku for the effect defeating him would have on all the other states, that's a testament to his strength too

@Crispy He didn't lure him in though, Riboku had a safeguard in Houken, but it was shown on panel that this was not his initial plan. If he had had to fight and kill Gekishin himself he would still have won the battle, but certainly not prevailed over him as a strategist.

It's a bit silly to talk about Houken saving Riboku at this point, when Houken's existence is that of Riboku's bodyguard. He wasn't taking a walk and stumbled upon Riboku, he was there, ready to intercept any enemy that's coming at him.

He definitely was up there with other elites such as Qin's 6GG, Zhao's 3GH and Wei's 7FD.

Among them he could be a middle of the pack level guy, still very impressive.

It's a shame though that his most hyped trait was his observation skills and still he couldn't realize he had no chance against Hoken.. perhaps it didn't work too well when it comes to duels. He wasn't even so strong (martially speaking) to be overconfident.