Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Working on it now. I really prefer it if elites just replaced regular troops not add to the total. Kind of annoying totaling the troops now
    i know lol... i rechecked it around 5 times because i keep messing up my calculations

150k (5.4k of them are elites so you have a 144600 basic army) and if you're attacking on an attack/defend map, you would have 216900 base troops because 50% more troops

and this is just your roster, I've got enough shit on my hands already, I am not going to calc this for every thread

@gn_x00; @felixng2015; OP is updated with strats, check to see if I got everything correct

what's this?

a stalemate right from start to finish?

anyway, felix, just gonna say that i almost lose Batei, Rinko, Ordo and Raido since i planned to blitz the forest. Had I not realize that you have Seikai instead of Zentos, you would have got them nicely and it won't be much of a fight
    Last edited by gn_x00; 03-21-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Yeah, this will be a meat grinder in the middle since both destroyed the forest.

I'll have to give it some more thought, but it seems like this will be decided by the quality of troops and generals. There's not a lot of tactic in a straight up slug fest in the middle.

I was not gonna use the forest since you had Raido who could have burned it and screwed me over.

Well, since felix choose not to use the line map strat and his clauses are ... vague again, I can assume he's willing to play defense. He does have some overeager guys but they are leashed very nicely by good strategists. So ...

vote [Tie] if you guys think this battle is too undecisive to vote for a player. I'm not going to do a corner here.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Well, since felix choose not to use the line map strat and his clauses are ... vague again, I can assume he's willing to play defense. He does have some overeager guys but they are leashed very nicely by good strategists. So ...

vote [Tie] if you guys think this battle is too undecisive to vote for a player. I'm not going to do a corner here.
    Haven't read gn's strat yet but the idea for me is just to draw the enemy out. Its a cautious attack where I will play defensive but won't hesitate to attack if the enemy is vulnerable. Its impossible for the enemy to turtle since I will just fire poison ballistas at them and they will not be easy to take out since they will be heavily guarded. This forces the enemy to act and be aggressive unless they want to be gradually whittled down.
    Last edited by felixng2015; 03-21-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Haven't read gn's strat yet but the idea for me is just to draw the enemy out. Its a cautious attack where I will play defensive but won't hesitate to attack if the enemy is vulnerable. Its impossible for the enemy to turtle since I will just fire poison ballistas at them and they will not be easy to take out since they will be heavily guarded.
    well, none will be drawn out

you already wasted some shots on the forests, how many do you think you have left, keeping Seikai's stock in the manga in mind? Anyways, the HQ is a ways off and there's plenty of men between them, dunno if Genbou will see if it's wise to just blindly shoot at the HQ from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    well, none will be drawn out

you already wasted some shots on the forests, how many do you think you have left, keeping Seikai's stock in the manga in mind? Anyways, the HQ is a ways off and there's plenty of men between them, dunno if Genbou will see if it's wise to just blindly shoot at the HQ from there.
    I never stated that it had to be fired exclusively at the forest or hq. It can be fired at the enemy army in general which can be very dangerous if it manages to hit any enemy commanders.

I have no clue how many rounds Seikai would have but he should have enough to harass the enemy a few times even after firing a few rounds in the forest.

The battle is a stalemate, but Felix has poison ballista and it's dumb to think they get 1 shot each.
    Since their armies are well guarded and can not be broken through military might, the only possible way for either to win it to get the head of a ViC/CiC. Fuuki is the only ViC/CiC in either team to be in danger of dying, because all the others are well protected in the back, and he is in the vanguard. All Felix has to do is get one poison shot at him and it's his win.

Unless someone can reinforce/dispute that, I'm giving my vote to [felixng2015] for now.

this has begun too?

later i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    The battle is a stalemate, but Felix has poison ballista and it's dumb to think they get 1 shot each.
    Since their armies are well guarded and can not be broken through military might, the only possible way for either to win it to get the head of a ViC/CiC. Fuuki is the only ViC/CiC in either team to be in danger of dying, because all the others are well protected in the back, and he is in the vanguard. All Felix has to do is get one poison shot at him and it's his win.

Unless someone can reinforce/dispute that, I'm giving my vote to [felixng2015] for now.
    man... when you're complaining about people ignoring your clause (which is probably badly worded and not to your intention at all since this is your first game) in your match, you're actually ignoring my clause.

- With Fuuki act as the main brain, is to engage on defensive warfare in the plain to grind down enemy’s numbers while avoiding enemy general with fake HQ and tactics.
    - Enemy chariots are to be countered with cavalry archers, ballistas are used to shoot enemy troops and poison ballistas, siege tower archers are to target Seikai and poison archers when their whereabouts are known.
    anyway, convince me, that somehow Seikai managed to see through where Fuuki and Rihaku and Kousonryuu are, when there's no battle taking place at all, and they set up fake HQ?

and generic ballista is scaled to Seikai's poison ballista's size, so they should have the same range. Felix has 1 poison ballista in each side, I have 20 in each side, how hard it is to shoot that thing when they have the same range and outnumber them? Clearly Seikai doesn't have enough stock either to target everywhere since he doesn't even shot those poison at Kankoku Pass' Tower which should be obvious to be the HQ until it is "confirmed" that a general is there

anyway, no matter how I see it, it either ended up a [TIE] because both our army didn't move, or the 40 ballista keep shooting and the battle start with Felix trying to wreck the ballista
    Last edited by gn_x00; 03-21-2017 at 11:57 PM.

@gn_x00;

You're right, I did overlook that clause somehow. Must be because I was so focused on finding out who the ViC/Cic are. The fake HQ part is most important, it should put Fuuki out of harm's way.
    Changing vote to [TIE].

Wait a minute if Raido burns the right and left forest he and his men will likely fall prey to poison ballistas since I ordered my guys to fire them at those locations.

well, i told them to go back quickly, but even if they die 5,000 men isn't that significant to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    well, i told them to go back quickly, but even if they die 5,000 men isn't that significant to be honest.
    Every bit helps

I think you overestimate the AoE of the poison ballista, it has a rather small blast area so you have to be precise with your target in order to cause any notable damage. A single shot isn't going to drown out the whole forest, it probably won't do much of anything since the trees will prevent the ballista shells from penetrating deep into the forest at all. If they had this massive AoE that could flush out an entire army then Seikai would have just shot them throughout the wall and watched the entirety of Kankoku Pass fall, rather than firing several onto Choutou's contained HQ area.

Looking at the panels again the aoe isn't super great sadly.

I should have went for the aggressive route. I think with my firepower it would have been doable to win through brute force.

Every bit helps
    should i start a debate on how my ballista will start shooting on your army to start the battle and bait your army into attacking?
    or should we accept the tie?