Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CyK mid tiers: gn_x00 versus felix

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido and Zenou only

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free (Attackers do not have prep unless they bought some and defenders get 3 days instead of 2 for free.), and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears. You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

Map:

Forests cover the left and the right side, there's a plain in the middle and two hills at its limit. (Equal map)

@gn_x00; is red, @felixng2015; is blue, strats are due to me in two days

felix (Qin): 150k base army + 44.6k peasants via Qin bonus
    Kokuou: 13 (+3 back for haggling) and her 5k bandit unit
    Maron: 12 (+2 back for haggling) and his 5k bandit unit
    Kanou 10 (+2)
    Ryuutou 15 (+3)
    Zenou 40 (+8)
    Seikai 31 (+6) and 1k poison archers
    Genbou 30 (+6)
    Kyoukai 40 (+8) and her 3k unit
    Kaioku: 22 (+4)
    Choutou: 22 (+4)
    Rokuomi: 22 (+4)
    5k Zenou berserkers (5 pts)
    400 Wei War Chariots (4 pts)
    2 Poison ballistas (4 pts)

gn_x00 (Zhao): 150k base troops
    Ordo: 45
    Fuuki: 25
    Rihaku: 25
    Kouyoku: 23 and his 5k unit
    Raido: 24 and his 5k bandit unit
    Kousonryuu 12
    Rinko 35
    Batei: 13
    Ordo's mountain men 10 [10.000]
    Generic ballistas 2 [40]
    Generic chariots 5 [500]
    Siege towers 1 [2]
    Zhao bonus:
    ATV- all cavalry are not hindered by rough terrain (hills, cliffs, forest, etc)
    Prep expert- all prep clauses will have soldiers work at double the pace without added fatigue (like for fortifications, setting traps, training etc.)

Strats:

felix:
    Deployment

Central Army 80.4k troops, 10k peasants + 1k poison archers + 400 wei war chariots + 2 Poison Ballistas

Genbou (CIC): 35.4k troops + 4k peasants + 400 Wei War Chariots
    Seikai (Vice): 10k troops + 1k poison archers + 2 poison ballistas
    Kyoukai: 5k troops, 3k are HSU
    Rokuomi: 10k troops + 3k peasants
    Kokuou: 10k archers
    Kanou: 10k troops + 3k peasants

Right Army 40k regular troops + 5k elites + 5k peasants

Kaioku + Zenou

Left Army 25k regular troops + 10k peasantsl

Ryuutou + Choutou

HQ 4600 troops + 19.6k crossbow peasants

Maron

Clauses:

Central Army:

Genbou (CIC):

1. Be cautious and try not to die and give commands to central army commanders while providing reinforcements if needed.

2. Aid left and right army if necessary by sending troops or possibly even officers.

3. Send a signal for aid from HQ if reinforcements are needed.

Seikai (Vice1):
    1. Listen to Genbou and lend one poison ballista each to Ryuutou and Kaioku who will use it to fire at the left and right forest respectively to flush and potential enemies out, the ballistas will be heavily guarded and should be sent back to Seikai as soon as they do their job.

2. Be cautious of enemies and use poison ballistas to also fire at the enemy hq if Genbou believes it is wise.

Kyoukai:
    Listen to Genbou and slay enemy officers while working together with others if necessary.

Rokuomi:
    Listen to Genbou and slay enemy officers while working together with others if necessary.

Kokuou:
    Provide support to frontline generals and aid them in fights.

Kanou:
    Listen to Genbou and protect Genbou and Seikai if they are in danger, sacrificing himself if necessary.

Right Army:

Ryuutou:
    Provide support to the Central Army and prevent enemies from flanking them or attacking them from the rear.

Choutou:
    Provide support to the Central Army and prevent enemies from flanking them or attacking them from the rear.

Left Army:

Kaioku(Vice2):

1. Provide support to the Central Army and prevent enemies from flanking them or attacking them from the rear.

2. Instruct Zenou to burn forest if it is advantageous obviously avoiding spots that have had poison canisters fired at.

Zenou:
    Listen to Kaioku and slay enemy officers while working together with others if necessary.

HQ:

Maron: Protect the hq, reinforce Genbou if a signal is sent and aid armies if enemies try to attack them from the rear.

Prep:
    Work together to create a sturdy hq and prepare supplies

gn:
    Deployment:

Raido Army 5.000 - Red
    Raido and 5k of his bandit unit

Vanguard Army 75.000 + 2 siege towers + 40 ballistas + 500 chariots - green
    Rihaku (10k heavy infantry with spears, 10k archers, 5k cavalry archers, 1 siege tower and 20 ballistas)
    Fuuki [VICE] (5k heavy infantry with spears, 15k cavalry, 5k cavalry archers and 500 generic chariots)
    Kousonryuu (10k heavy infantry with spears, 10k archers, 5k cavalry archers, 1 siege tower and 20 ballistas)

Reserve Army 30.000 - blue
    Kouyoku 15k (10k heavy cavalry and 5k of Kouyoku Unit)
    Batei 15k (15k heavy cavalry)

Rinko Army [Vice] 30.000 - yellow
    Rinko 30k (30k cavalry)

Ordo Army [CIC] 30.000 - purple
    Ordo 30k (20k troops and 10k mountain men)

Preparation:
    - Remove some walls from the Siege Towers and use it as archers foothold; while at it, as much as the time permits, cover the front side with iron coating to prevent fire attacks
    example

- Raido will share his knowledge and tools on how to burn to his bandit units. They are to collect easily burnable things to help burning the forest faster during battle days.
    - Vanguard generals and their troops are to inspect the siege weapons and chariots to make sure they can use them right during battle days

Clauses:
    Raido
    - Split his bandit units and completely burn Red area and make sure it is inaccessible as fast as possible, then join on Rinko Unit and follow Rinko's orders.

Vanguard (Fuuki, Rihaku, Kousonryuu)
    - With Fuuki act as the main brain, is to engage on defensive warfare in the plain to grind down enemy’s numbers while avoiding enemy general with fake HQ and tactics.
    - Enemy chariots are to be countered with cavalry archers, ballistas are used to shoot enemy troops and poison ballistas, siege tower archers are to target Seikai and poison archers when their whereabouts are known.
    - Coordinate with reserve army when necessary and revise tactics based on evaluation on battlefield situation with CIC and the other vice general.
    Reserve (Kouyoku, Batei)
    - Their main job is to protect siege weapons and Fuuki, Rihaku, Kousonryuu from incoming enemy, but to act according to Fuuki’s orders if Fuuki deemed it necessary.
    - Be wary of enemy coming to ambush from the forests if by any chance they are dumb enough to move through the forest fires.

Rinko [Vice]
    - Act as an independent unit, to help Vanguard when neccesary, otherwise to reserve their troops fresh until important engagement
    - Be wary of enemy officers; coordinate with other generals when dealing with strong enemy officers

Ordo [CIC]
    - If the central area doesn’t need help, reserve his troops fresh until it’s time to switch to attack, otherwise is to act as reinforcement.
    - After the enemies in the plain area have been sufficiently grinded down, to order all generals to switch on attacking, while be wary of possible enemy troops hiding in the forest and trying to attack their flank
    - Be wary of enemy officers; coordinate with other generals when dealing with strong enemy officers
    Last edited by Void; 03-21-2017 at 05:57 AM.

So my elites are replacing my peasants thats why I have 40sk instead of 50 right?

yes, you only get enough peasants to boost you to 200k overall troops

So Felix has a total of 214k troops?
    I should say the map favor Felix team more than mine lol...

Btw what's the win condition?
    Last edited by gn_x00; 03-17-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Felix has a total of 214k troops?
    I should say the map favor Felix team more than mine lol...

Btw what's the win condition?
    this is equal so no wincon other than killing CiC/vice(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    this is equal so no wincon other than killing CiC/vice(s)
    btw Void, i'm gonna go traveling today. I'll probably be able to make my strats tomorrow evening, but if i can't hopefully i got 1 day extension.

btw did i get this right?
    150k Base troops
    Kouyoku 5k unit
    Raido 5k bandit unit
    Generic ballistas 2 [40]
    Generic chariots 5 [500]
    Siege towers 1 [2]
    Total : 170 troops + 40 ballista + 500 chariots + 1 siege tower

btw Void, i'm gonna go traveling today. I'll probably be able to make my strats tomorrow evening, but if i can't hopefully i got 1 day extension.

btw did i get this right?
    150k Base troops
    Kouyoku 5k unit
    Raido 5k bandit unit
    Generic ballistas 2 [40]
    Generic chariots 5 [500]
    Siege towers 1 [2]
    Total : 170 troops + 40 ballista + 500 chariots + 1 siege tower
    keep us updated

you have two siege towers

Only thing that confuses me is why elites are added to the total troop count now. Before they just replaced a regular troop.

that was for state bonuses that gave you extra troops or what not, well for Chu. it's easier to calc

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    keep us updated

you have two siege towers
    It's 2 day 1 night trip. So either I make it tomorrow evening or I'm too tired and sleep instead

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Only thing that confuses me is why elites are added to the total troop count now. Before they just replaced a regular troop.
    Same here...
    Last edited by gn_x00; 03-18-2017 at 04:46 AM.

sorry @felixng2015;, i'm a bit too tired today after the trip.

I'll work on it as soon as i can. Worst case scenario i should be able to do it tomorrow night since i shouldn't have any overtime tomorrow

sorry @felixng2015;, i'm a bit too tired today after the trip.

I'll work on it as soon as i can. Worst case scenario i should be able to do it tomorrow night since i shouldn't have any overtime tomorrow
    I haven't started mine yet was busy yesterday and will likely be busy most of today lets agree to an extension

more like let's agree to a double DQ

I haven't started mine yet was busy yesterday and will likely be busy most of today lets agree to an extension
    oh sure.. when's the deadline then? tomorrow?

oh sure.. when's the deadline then? tomorrow?
    I will have it done by tomorrow night. May have to rush mine but at least I should have something.

I will have it done by tomorrow night. May have to rush mine but at least I should have something.
    tbh i don't think i'll waste as much time as in CYK 4,5 either due to real life works.

but well, i'll managed to cook something at least

tbh i don't think i'll waste as much time as in CYK 4,5 either due to real life works.

but well, i'll managed to cook something at least
    The new rules hopefully make it easier and less time consuming. WIll see if that holds true when I try tomorrow night.

imo, i kinda need more time to write the clause since without general strategy, what i want to do is vague as hell.

pic make it easier on where they want to go, but you can't really say something like "Do X after this" unlike general strategy

since tomorrow i'll be busier than now, I decide to rush things now instead.

anyway, as promised yesterday sent the strats to Void already. I don't mind if felix want to get extra extension though, since i understand real life's annoying as hell
    Last edited by gn_x00; 03-21-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Working on it now. I really prefer it if elites just replaced regular troops not add to the total. Kind of annoying totaling the troops now