Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

CyK mid tiers: Nord versus Zentos

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time
    Burning to restricted to Raido and Zenou only

Strategy Layout:

1) picture and description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you must provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to or what zone they will defend, make sure its consistent with your clauses)

2) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

* you must designate a commander in chief of your forces who will have 3 clauses and two vice generals with 2 clauses each

you can also do team clauses:

CIC = 3 clause
    Vice = 2 clause
    General = 1 clause

2 general as a team = 2 clause
    3 general as a team = 3 clause

Vice + a general as a team = 3 clause
    Vice + 2 general as a team = 3 clause
    CIC + generals as a team = 3 clause

3) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free (Attackers do not have prep unless they bought some and defenders get 3 days instead of 2 for free.), and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears. You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads. Also, prep is limited only to your initial deployment area, so you can't scout ahead or do things outside of your initial deployment area while in prep.)

Map:

Nord is defending and Zentos is attacking. Treat those buildings like they don't exist but the wooden palisade walls in front of each deployment area are still there. They can be knocked down by regular soldiers with some effort. The left side has forests and narrow swamps while the right side is more open.

Nordlending (Wei): 150k base troops
    Mangoku: 23
    Kyuugen: 15
    Mougou: 35
    Ranbihaku: 45
    Chousou: 13
    20 Wei Ballistas free
    2 GHM siege towers free respectively
    1k Wei chariots free
    5 000 Zombie Troops : 5
    2 000 Wei Chariots : 20
    20 Siege towers : 10
    6 prep days : 4
    1 000 Wei Ballistas : 50

Zentos (Yan): 225k base troops
    Keisha: 52
    Kyouen: 44
    Ouhon: 41 and his 5k unit
    Bajio: 41
    Kisui: 8
    Heki: 6
    Mouten: 12 and his 5k unit
    Kaishibou: 21
    Junsou: 26
    5k Kisui Rigan troops: 2.5 pts
    5k Bajio mountain men: 2.5 pts
    2 siege towers: 1 pt
    20 generic ballistas: 1 pt
    200 generic chariots: 2 pts

Match will start when @Nordlending; tells me whether he wants to attack or defend @Zentos; strats will be due to me via PM in two days from his post ITT, read carefully guys

Strats:

Nord:

Mougou: Commander in chief
    30 K Archers
    20 K Infantiry.
    650 Wei ballista.
    1 K Wei Chariots.
    4 Siege towers (As watching outpost.)

Chousou: Vice General – Field 2.
    30 K Archers.
    10 K Cavalry.
    1 K Wei Chariots.
    100 Wei Ballista (Take down Siege towers)

Mangoku: Vice General - Field 1
    10 K Archers.
    20 K Heavy Infantry.
    5000 Zombie Troops.
    Ranbihaku
    1 k Wei Chariots.
    250 Wei Ballista

Kyuugen: - Field 3
    15 K Heavy Infantry.
    15 K Archers
    20 Wei Ballista

Chousou:
    - Retreat if necessary to HQ if his field can’t be held, and destroy the equipment that can’t be taken with them.
    - Always keep close attention to where enemy troops are and react accordingly.

Mangoku:
    - Switch to attack if the enemy comes to close, but not dive too deep into the enemy lines together with Ranbihaku.
    - Don’t go into murdering a Qin unless they get close enough to murder them properly.

Mougou:
    - The ballista will be placed where it’s the most useful, and if we lose the ground on field 2 and 3 the Ballistas will be placed behind the white line aimed in that direction.
    - Mougou will order the other generals to return to HQ if the enemy doesn't appear, and isn't going to do so in the near future.
    - Reinforce Mangoku with War chariots, and other units if needed.

Prep (Use 1 prep day for a total of 4 days of prep.)
    Break down the 16 siege towers and use them to set up walls at the Ballista Zone to defend from enemy’s arrow, and other defensive tools that can be brought to Field 3 and Field 1. The rest will be taken to the red line for future use.
    Make a plan to set everything on the red line on fire to prevent enemies from easily climbing down there.
    Give archers spears and infantry bows for them to use.
    The big Ballista shall be placed where they are the most useful days beforehand, and partially disassemble the ballistas that are going to be transported to field 2 for easy transportation.

Zentos:

Teams:
    A(red): Kyouen, Ouhon+5k unit, Mouten+5k unit, 20k men(15k cavalry, 5k cavalry archers), 2 siege towers
    B(light blue): Keisha(CiC), Kisui(ViC)+5k unit, 80k troops(40k infantry, 20k cavalry, 20k archers)
    C(dark blue): Heki(ViC), Bajio+5k unit, 25k troops(15k cavalry and 10k cavalry archers)
    D(orange): Junsou, Kaishibou, 100k troops(50k infantry, 30k cavalry, 20k archers), 20 ballistas
    E(green): 200 chariots

Team A clauses:
    1) Scale the mountains as fast as possible with the help of team D and the 2 siege towers (towers go to Keisha's location after they are done with) then head through the swamp to perform guerilla warfare with the help of Kyouen's arrows(for coordination).
    2) In case that they are intercepted by an army that they can not fight, run in the way of the dotted arrows, otherwise proceed with guerilla warfare.
    3) Join team D in attacking the army and Nord's base.

Team B:
    Kisui clauses:
    1) Send the 200 chariots(E team) to kick up a dust storm to pretend to be hiding a huge army and have them run away in the direction of the dotted arrow in case that they are attacked.
    2) Use the ballistas to tear down the wall and head for the forest where Keisha is to decide their next move.
    Keisha clauses:
    1) Tell the army to be wary of and counter accordingly, Nord's generals/chariots/siege weaponry, and avoid duels(tag team them if possible).
    2) If an enemy army heads for the chariots or team C, Keisha is to decide if they are to be attacked or not(if they can defeat them or not).
    3) Keisha is to decide when to attack Nord's base depending on team D's engagements with the enemy as well as the armies mentioned in previous clause.

Team C clauses:
    1) Rush for the lower mountain range and lie in wait in the forest to ambush any enemies trying to pass through.
    2) In case that they are intercepted by an army that they can not fight, run in the direction of the dotted arrow, where Keisha can ambush the enemy.
    3) Once they get into the forest and lie in wait, they are to remain there until they join the other armies in the attack on Nord's base or they deem necessary to help out Keisha.

Team D clauses:
    1) Scale the mountains as fast as possible together with team A(let team A use the siege towers first and help them get their horses up) and head through the forest and swamp in the marked direction.
    2) Catch the army that is following team A with their pants down and destroy them before attacking Nord's base.
    Last edited by Void; 03-21-2017 at 06:52 PM.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

I'm going out to get drunk. Guess that means that tomorrow morning there will be

carnage

Try to be a bit positive.you might get lucky.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    offense or defense?

Defense. How high up is my position.

- - - Updated - - -

?

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

can't tell you in numbers but it's high enough that a basic siege tower can reach, well that's talking about the cliffs to the front of your position

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post

-Buys perhaps the biggest powerhouse berserker as his most expensive unit in the game and has Mangoku of Assault on top of that
    -Spends an additional 85 points on offensive weaponry. Bolstering Mangoku with 5000 zombies, 3000 chariots for an unstoppable ground force, 22 siege towers, and 1020 ballista to topple any fortification that crosses his path
    -Chooses to play defense when given the option

Nord strats

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    -Buys perhaps the biggest powerhouse berserker as his most expensive unit in the game and has Mangoku of Assault on top of that
    -Spends an additional 85 points on offensive weaponry. Bolstering Mangoku with 5000 zombies, 3000 chariots for an unstoppable ground force, 22 siege towers, and 1020 ballista to topple any fortification that crosses his path
    -Chooses to play defense when given the option

Nord strats
    To be fair those siege weapons will crush enemy fast from defense position imo

Time to start cooking, one ingredient at a time.

@Void;

Is mountain climbing faster with the use of siege towers or without them?

@felixng2015; @Nordlending; @gn_x00;

Veterans halp please.
    Last edited by Zentos; 03-18-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    @Void;

Is mountain climbing faster with the use of siege towers or without them?

@felixng2015; @Nordlending; @gn_x00;

Veterans halp please.
    depends where you climb, if you want to climb the cliffs right in front of you, it'd be slow because you'll have to drag the siege towers through hills and such first. if you want to climb the cliffs on the right, it'd be better if you took siege towers along because it's a plain and the towers will have your soldiers climb faster.

I love this Maps. It offers me so many fun things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    To be fair those siege weapons will crush enemy fast from defense position imo
    clearly GP has never played the Khmer on Age of Empires, best thing is, Zentos doesn't have trebuchets or bombard cannons to snipe

@Void; @Nordlending;

Sent my strat to Void.

Will send it in later tonight.

If Nord can't make it in time I'm fine with an extension. Don't want no silly disqualification win or something. We're here for the fun anyway.

Soon finished with it. Working on the clauses.

Sorting soldiers into the different playing grounds proved to be a pain.

OP is updated @Nordlending; @Zentos; check the OP to make sure I got the correct versions of your strats

@Nordlending;

Do you concede?

@Crispinianus; @felixng2015; @Cyri; @gn_x00; @Great Potato;

Your thoughts? Made a battle sequence on page 2.

@Void;

I believe Nord meant 10k archers and 20k heavy infantry at Mangoku(not 10 archers and 20 heavy infantry ). I might be wrong, but in that case 29970 of his soldiers are unaccounted for.
    Last edited by Zentos; 03-20-2017 at 11:24 PM.