Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Sign-ups] Mafia 63: Hajime no Ippo

remember how i said that i would only allow certain players to play because of activity reasons and that i was shooting for a medium-sized set-up? forget all about that, just sign-up if you want to

i will make activity directly correlate with role strength as a mechanic and the game will probably be centered around that. i feel like this is a very organic and fair way to establish an incentive for activity

but this is just my first pointer, i might throw everything out and just go with a role madness again with very peculiar mechanics if i encounter a massive roadblock. the game will start in around two weeks at the earliest

1) Katyusha
    2) Jacob
    3) Nordlending
    4) Nikamara
    5) Y
    6) Lycan
    Last edited by Strain; 03-18-2017 at 05:57 PM.

I think I can manage to play and keep up to tabs with studying.

In.

The Red Army is here to rule with an Iron Fist!
    The Russians are back!

In.

Cormag's mafia is best mafia.

"It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

Always doing it better Nikamara's Avatar
    So like the start of April?
    sounds good ^-^7

In
    If for any reason I won't be able to play again I'll let you know before the game starts.

fair warning though <.< never read the series
    My knowledge begins and ends with the catchy opening songs of it's anime that I listen to for some reason XD

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Sign me up

Remember my last Nuzlocke. Well, I lost the cartridge somewhere and that one won't be finished. Lucky for You I will start a new one soon.

Coming to the entertainment section soon.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

This just gave me a reason to catch up.

I'm only 700 chapters behind, I read more in less time.

"It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

in
    You may not like her, but I very much doubt that you will soon forget her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So like the start of April?
    sounds good ^-^7

In
    If for any reason I won't be able to play again I'll let you know before the game starts.

fair warning though <.< never read the series
    My knowledge begins and ends with the catchy opening songs of it's anime that I listen to for some reason XD
    the game won't require any knowledge to play, and the gain from knowing the characters is pretty minuscule. i might just make this open set-up too, so that would equalize the playing field for everybody

i can always change the day the game is going to start. i try to accommodate to the players, i think it's pretty sucky when the players need to adjust to the mod

bump
    @Murim-in; @Albion; @White; @Cake; @Ariadne;

Alright I'm in.

Sorry, no time.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    My Blog

I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by Batou View Post
    remember how i said that i would only allow certain players to play because of activity reasons and that i was shooting for a medium-sized set-up? forget all about that, just sign-up if you want to

i will make activity directly correlate with role strength as a mechanic and the game will probably be centered around that. i feel like this is a very organic and fair way to establish an incentive for activity

but this is just my first pointer, i might throw everything out and just go with a role madness again with very peculiar mechanics if i encounter a massive roadblock. the game will start in around two weeks at the earliest

1) Katyusha
    2) Jacob
    3) Nordlending
    4) Nikamara
    5) Y
    6) Lycan
    If you do that then the mafia can judge their NK by who is known to post the most often, if a persons abiiity power correlates with their activity. Youd essentially be painting a target on the back of anyone who would make a mafia game interesting and fun to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    If you do that then the mafia can judge their NK by who is known to post the most often, if a persons abiiity power correlates with their activity. Youd essentially be painting a target on the back of anyone who would make a mafia game interesting and fun to play in.
    not at all. this assumes multiple things that aren't the case in this setup. for your criticism to be true, every character must start at around the same strength and every character must have around the same growth rate.

this is not the case. there are characters with high ceilings and low floor (great potential but rather weak starting out), and there are characters with low ceilings but an already high floor. these characters do not benefit nearly as much of posting in the thread (at least directly relating to their role strength). this makes it so that there is no definitive way to tell which player has a strong character for sure at any point in time. furthermore, there will be characters that do not actually gain anything from posting and instead start out at 100% for balancing reasons (so traditional roles basically). they'll be few, but they do exist.

to go back to progression - there might be characters that are capped out at 100 posts, there might be characters that haven't even unlocked anything whatsoever at 300. of course the payoff for the character that has to rack up 300 posts will be much greater comparatively than the character who reached his full potential after only a few dozen - however, they'd still have around the same general role strength at the end of the day.

the tactic you outlined wouldn't only not work, it would also be legitimately retarded

Batou prolly gonna have to suck some dick to get people to play
    You may not like her, but I very much doubt that you will soon forget her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
    Batou prolly gonna have to suck some dick to get people to play
    Well that's the best way to get members to play with little to none mafia interest in this forum.
    Unless if you have better ideas.

The Russians are back!

game is cancelled obviously, sorry for those who were interested

Quote Originally Posted by Batou View Post
    game is cancelled obviously, sorry for those who were interested
    Huh.Mafia interest did decline that bad?

The Russians are back!

Sorry I just didnt feel like playing a full game, Id have offered to sub but I from the looks of it that wouldnt have really fixed the problem