Gaming and the future pricing

First to make this discussion worth while write if you think games are priced well in comparison to average pay in your country.
    Then we can compare between each other and discuss further.
    We can do an average price of games or we will go with whatever game is in the first post after this.

The reason why I opened this thread and what should be the meat of the discussion is whenever games made in one country are more expensive when sold in a different one with different currency.
    If the answer is yes,what can be done and will it ever be done?

If the answer is no,then we can shift to a slightly different and less meaningful topic of what do you think prices of games will be in future.(20-50-70 years)
    Will dlc ever go away?
    I hear people saying that I am expecting too much quality from a dlc because dlc costs way less than a game and I am like fck that.
    Do your job perfectly or fuck off.
    Still,people pay for those dlcs.(mostly kids)

(If wrong section,move me) ^^

Quote Originally Posted by blackdragonstory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sigh. @DoflaMihawk; move pls thank you

I'll answer though to your questions.

"whenever games made in one country are more expensive when sold in a different one with different currency.
    If the answer is yes,what can be done and will it ever be done?"

it's economics. there's Regions, NA, EU, JA/AU, those are the 3 big ones, basically. there's the cost of shipping and producing, and the value of the currency. US dollar version costs less than Australian version. but it's the economy and the current value of their currency. in context, there's no big difference.

So I'd say No, though that's not a yes/no question really.

what do you think prices of games will be in future.(20-50-70 years)

it'll stay relatively same for a long time.. decrease in console versions by 10-20 dollars, and physical copies will start to disappear so it'll decrease the cost. but no big change. 40~45 $

Will dlc ever go away?

Not when it makes money. Why do you think it still keeps existing? because the consumers keep buying it.

Thanks to Myst~

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    Sigh. @DoflaMihawk; move pls thank you

I'll answer though to your questions.

"whenever games made in one country are more expensive when sold in a different one with different currency.
    If the answer is yes,what can be done and will it ever be done?"

it's economics. there's Regions, NA, EU, JA/AU, those are the 3 big ones, basically. there's the cost of shipping and producing, and the value of the currency. US dollar version costs less than Australian version. but it's the economy and the current value of their currency. in context, there's no big difference.

So I'd say No, though that's not a yes/no question really.

what do you think prices of games will be in future.(20-50-70 years)

it'll stay relatively same for a long time.. decrease in console versions by 10-20 dollars, and physical copies will start to disappear so it'll decrease the cost. but no big change. 40~45 $

Will dlc ever go away?

Not when it makes money. Why do you think it still keeps existing? because the consumers keep buying it.
    What if we say games are only sold digitally - online ?
    No shipping cost.

Do you think games are worth that much?
    Does anyone have some background on game industry and how much money they earn?

Dlcs are a bad practice.
    Of course it's good for game developers that want all the money the can get and are in it just for that.
    If you are familiar with xenoverse2.
    My personal opinion is that they ripped people off with both games and now they are giving trash dlcs and cant even replicate anime content into cutscenes.
    Yet,people pay for dlcs.(maybe xeno2 ones are free)
    It's bad when we want certain things more than actual quality.

It's weird that there isnt anyone shedding some light on this issues.

No it's unfair. But that's just because I'm relatively poor.

First to make this discussion worth while write if you think games are priced well in comparison to average pay in your country.
    Then we can compare between each other and discuss further.
    We can do an average price of games or we will go with whatever game is in the first post after this.

The reason why I opened this thread and what should be the meat of the discussion is whenever games made in one country are more expensive when sold in a different one with different currency.
    If the answer is yes,what can be done and will it ever be done?

If the answer is no,then we can shift to a slightly different and less meaningful topic of what do you think prices of games will be in future.(20-50-70 years)
    Will dlc ever go away?
    I hear people saying that I am expecting too much quality from a dlc because dlc costs way less than a game and I am like fck that.
    Do your job perfectly or fuck off.
    Still,people pay for those dlcs.(mostly kids)

Making a game is expensive. That's the case of all the game with high graphic, huge areas, and many characters.

DLC will in most cases be a necessary evil so the creator actually have a chance earn enough money to not end up in the red. Maybe even afford to create a new game in the future.

So, no. DLC will not go away.
    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

I hear people saying that I am expecting too much quality from a dlc because dlc costs way less than a game
    most dlc that i see is priced waaaay to fucking high for what it offers. especially if they price it at like 1/4 the cost of the base game. it should deliver content worth that much but most of the time it dosnt
    boring generic sig, courtesy of the staff

also, fuck you Great Potato. fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    most dlc that i see is priced waaaay to fucking high for what it offers. especially if they price it at like 1/4 the cost of the base game. it should deliver content worth that much but most of the time it dosnt
    With certain games there is as well the problem of not putting things into the game just so they can sell those in dlcs.
    Besides,imho today's games are too expensive.
    Sure the graphics are better than ever and the games are more complicated than ever to make,but with a team of people that know what they are doing and tools that are nowdays really straightforward on top of ever growing player bases there is really no excuse for putting out shitting games and charging for them 60$(From what i can see that is the top price)

I feel like a team of 3D artists,programmers,animators etc would make a better game than one that has a boss who is just looking at the money aspects of it all.